gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
10-03-2016, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 01:45 PM by Bass.)

It had been awhile since he had heard from Karabela, not since they had spoken after the meeting. He had wanted to leave and check up on her, but gave the girl some time to settle into the life of being an alpha. He knew first paw that it wasn't that easy, but she was a resilient wolf. He had no doubt that she would challenge her members to be the best that they could be. Making his way to Fenrir's Maw, he stopped at her strongly marked border, taking a pause to look around. Did they sleep out in the elements every night? With the heat of the summer he didn't doubt it would have been okay, but now with the storm clouds rolling in he wondered if they had shelter, or any prey to hunt here. Humming softly to himself, he only waited a few more moments to toss up his head and call out for Karabela. He would like to know how she was doing, and it wasn't like there was much going on in Abaven. It had been growing more and more quiet, and he wondered if anyone even cared about their home anymore. Letting out a soft sigh, he kept looking around while he waited.
"Speech"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-15-2016, 02:13 PM
I SEE ANOTHER MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB BUT I GOT STAMINA

Sunlight spilled through the trees and fractured upon the rocky forms of the mountains. The day was unusually warm for autumn and Karabela was taking the good turn of weather to her advantage as she scrambled across the rock faces, a piece of buffalo hide she'd been curing swinging from her jaws. The Chieftan slid into her den and laid it out, flopping down atop it to give it a try. Ahhh…. nice and snug. Though to warm for this weather. Slipping back out again she went to check on the hunting stores. The small size of the pack would make it reasonably easy to provide for but they were still new to the terra and Dagmær was her only full time hunter. Thankfully there were numerous outcroppings, crevices and caves that served as decent shelter. They'd just have to watch out for bears though the terrain was trecherous enough that she didn't imagine many large ursines would bother to tread so high. Of course with the drought…. well who knew.

Sliding down toward the base of the mountain where the hunting would be less strenuous she heard the familiar howl of Bass. Grinning she shot towards it. She'd been curious how he'd been getting on as well as the state of Abaven and she'd been meaning to discuss trade terms with them but with all the settling in she hadn't been able to make the rounds as she wished.

"Bass! It's good to see you how are you?"

"Speech"

[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
10-16-2016, 02:58 PM

He didn't have to wait very long for Raba to show up, and when he saw the darker female his tail picked up and wagged behind him. It was good to see her as well, he could see that she was more than happy to be in the position she was. A grin split his lips, her mood wasn't hard to pick up on. "Been alright, trying to keep Abaven going strong," he said with a soft chuckle. It hadn't all really worked out like he planned, but that was alright. Bass was used to taking everything in stride, this was only a little bump in his road. He would just carry on as he always did, there was no point in constantly being disappointed and wishing for something else. He was getting up there in age, and he would hate to waste his last pawful of years turning into an old grumpy man. Sitting down, he wiggled his rump on the ground as he got comfortable. "How has Ivory Ridge been treating you?" he asked with a tilt of his head, studying her white marked face. It didn't seem to be dragging her down just yet, which was always a good sign. He could still remember how ecstatic he had been when he first claimed Abaven, how much hope he had had for the future. Bass just hoped that it would treat Karabela better than it had to him, after all these years Abaven had still not reached the full potential that he wanted it at. Perhaps he had been too optimistic about the premise of his pack, maybe Ardent just wasn't the place for something like them.

"Speech"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-21-2016, 07:17 PM

It was a strange feeling to be standing in front of Bass as his equal, as a fellow alpha. In many ways it hardly seemed real. He stated that he was still trying to keep Abaven going strong but she could sense something in his undertone that made her wonder just exactly how it was doing. She wouldn't press though, she didn't want to dwell on the negative. It seemed like he was managing fine despite his earlier concerns though she was curious if he still planned to have someone succeed him or if he would rule for another year or two.

"Ivory Ridge is doing well. We're a bit small yet and I think everyone is still settling in. The terrain is brutal and breath-taking all at once though I hope to expand eventually into perhaps a smoother terrain that might serve as a better hunting ground though I can't deny that the challenges of Fenrir's Maw are keeping our wolves sharp and on their toes." She settled on her haunches as well, tail wrapping around her paws. "You know I'm glad you stopped by. I've been meaning to visit to talk about alpha matters as well. I'm interested in getting a trading route established with Abaven and I was wondering if you'd be interested?"

"Speech"

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
10-23-2016, 12:30 PM

Bass couldn't help the pride that showed visibly on his face. Here she was doing just what she wanted to do, making a name for herself and creating a strong pack. He nodded slowly when she mentioned getting an easier land to hunt in. It didn't help wipe the stupid smile off his face, his tail thumping on the ground where he sat. Having those challenges seemed to keep her pack small, but there was nothing wrong with that. She had the ambition to grow her pack and make it into something wonderful. He was practically beaming at her, his head tilting to the side slightly as he appraised her. "Your mother would be so proud, you know," he said softly, leaning forward to attempt to brush his nose against her shoulder. Pulling back, his ears perked when she mentioned something about trading. He nodded, he was always open to the idea of setting up trades. It seemed to be popular with all these young kids, perhaps it was a new rising thing in Ardent. "Yeah, I'd be down for that. What did you have in mind?" Katja had traded her fermented drinks, and he was curious to know if there was something more specific in mind. Or was it just a general favor? Living on the mountain like this, she probably needed assistance in herbs and prey food, at least until she settled on a secondary land to pick up.

"Speech"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-27-2016, 08:12 PM

Karabela felt silent to give Bass a chance to speak.  She felt like she was rambling in her excitement and hoped that her words were making sense to him.  The pride on Bass' face would not go unnoticed by the young woman and her tail would way lightly back and forth as she basked in it.  Though, she knew better than to let it go to her head.  Fenrir's Maw was waiting every second of every day to teach her humility.  She felt a stab in her heart at the mention of her mother but hid it well.  Would Dægmar be proud of her?  She certainly hoped so… but even then she didn't feel that restlessness lifting.  It still plagued her dreams.  It still slipped unbidden into her thoughts if she dared to let them drift.  But then, she had only just started.  She just had to stick with this and keep going and eventually she would fine the peace she longed for, she was sure of it.

He would lean forward, his nose brushing against her shoulder and she would smile at him.  "Thanks Bass."  The conversation would turn to matters of trade which Karabela was grateful for.  "At the moment we have only what the land provides us.  Skins and bones of mountain mammals such as bighorn sheep and mountain goats as well as a number of rare and hard to reach herbs.  We also have some minerals and stones if you're looking for something more aesthetic."  Raba meant to let her talk end there when it suddenly occurred to her that they did have more than that to offer.  "Kassander Xanilov has recently joining my pack.  Birna was telling me that he made some rather interesting drinks that he traded to Imperium when he was part of Yfir.  I would need to see if he would be interested but that is a possibility as well.  What of you?  Are there any resources you'd be willing to trade?"

"Speech"

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
11-08-2016, 02:16 PM

He took a thoughtful pause to think over what Raba had offered to him. The bones and skins were interesting, he wasn't quite sure what he would do with them though. Maybe he could walk around sporting some pretty horns from the sheep. He snickered at himself, ears flickering as she suggested herbs or some minerals and stones. Finch would adore to add those to her collection, but was pleasing his daughter a good enough reason to make the trade? The herbs she mentioned were rare and hard to reach, he was sure that his few healers left would appreciate that. He continued to mull it over, focusing back on the girl in front of him as she mentioned that Kassander was in her pack. Oh? He licked his lips as he remembered the drinks that Katja and Kassander had brought to his borders, the overpowering ones and the sweeter, more pleasant ones. He had been thinking of holding some festivals lately, and those beverages would certainly add more spice to the party. "Well, the beverages would be nice if he feels up to the task again, but if not the herbs would be my next option. As for what I would trade," the Primo broke off for a moment, his tail tapping on the earth behind him. "Well, we have a lot of easy access to fresh clean water. I'm not sure if you have that here, but access to that could be granted. Either the rapids or the lake in the plains would be available for you and your pack, of course only if they remain peaceful in our borders," he didn't doubt that Karabela was a woman of her word, and would keep her wolves in check across his borders. He wouldn't go too far as to assign a guard to them, but a howl at his borders was all he needed. Perhaps the man was a bit too trusting. "Other than that, maybe some fresh kill once we get into the harsher seasons, or maybe even some training down the line. Is there anything that you're really looking for?" He wasn't too used to this, shuffling on his paws slightly as he thought about what else he could give her. The autumn had been harsh for everyone, there wasn't much on his plate to share as it stood.

"Speech"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
11-20-2016, 05:42 PM

Talking alpha business with Bass had a way of making her feel more grown up than she had in awhile. It was true she was 3 years old and more than an adult in her own right but having spent so much of her time as a drifter and wanderer she'd never felt the burden of responsibility like this before. It was strange having an entire pack depending on her to do right by them. Karabela nodded, she'd make note to talk with Kassander about the supplies and time he would need to make the beverages. She had a feeling it was a bit late in the year to start but better late than never. She mulled over the offer of water. It was a thought to keep open for now though it wasn't something she felt was pressing just yet. "I appreciate the offer of water but the maw has a fair number of streams and I imagine we'll find out when spring rolls around what we have for spring melt but if we have another harsh summer I may take you up on that." She nodded at the mention of her members being on good behavior. She would certainly enforce it and remind them of the pack rules about bringing danger to Ivory Ridge by poor behavior with other packs. That wasn't the sort of thing she was about to tolerate. "Game would most welcome! We're still settling into our new territories and while I've recently claimed a new hunting territory it will take some time for us to get situated and there's something to be said for the luxury of prey that is not native here." She would nod again at training. "Wisdom and experience is always a welcome resource. I plan to meet with my members as winter gets underway and I'll be sure to ask them. I do know my niece is looking to expand her knowledge of hunting so if any of your members would be interested in teaching her I'd be happy to trade herbs for a lesson. I'm sure Qualm and Kassander have good stores stocked by now."

"Speech"

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
12-02-2016, 03:34 PM

He smiled at her, nodding along as she spoke. It would seem like they were okay for the current season, but once winter hit it was a lot harder on everyone else. The dry seasons had effected everyone, and Bass would do his very best to help out where he could. "Just let me know whenever you're in need! We're not too far from here, we have smaller numbers now and still three territories so I am willing to help you out as you see fit. Winter in the mountain will no doubt be hard on you and your pack, but I know that you're carry them thought it all," his pale tail wagged behind him, his head tilting to one side slightly. He knew that she would be a fine leader, she had set herself up for a large burden here but she was handling it well so far, from what he could see. But there didn't seem to be anything else left to talk about, and both of them had packs to attend to. Rising to his paws, he shook himself slightly and dipped his head to the woman. "Well then, I will be off. I don't mean to keep you from things for so long. Just remember that we're right over there, neighbour," he said with a laugh, pausing for a moment to see if she had anything else to say. After that, he turned around and made his way back to his own lands.

-exit Bass-

ooc;; SORRY! Terrible exit but I thought we should just wrap this up since it's getting old.

"Speech"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
12-02-2016, 07:55 PM
ooc: no worries!

Karabela nodded. She might may Abaven a visit later in the winter if their stores started looking bare but she felt confident that she and her members could pull through the winter. "Thanks for meeting with me Bass. Don't be a stranger! Maybe sometime in the spring we can get our packs together for an event of some sort. Take care!" She grinned as she watched him go but then her smile fell just a little bit as a lump settled in her stomach. No matter how excited she was for her new pack and her new life she couldn't help but feel just a little bit homesick.

"Speech"