Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
11-06-2016, 09:03 PM
Pollux had never been here before. In fact, he’d never been anywhere [i]near[/i] here before. Ever. But when he’d run away, he hadn’t been paying much attention to where he was going, and he’d been running for days, stopping only to drink, and to catch what small, meager prey he could. He wasn’t particularly good at hunting. He wasn’t really good at [i]anything[/i], actually. So the fact that he was still alive after three days amazed him, though he was a little worse for the wear, and he was absolutely starving and exhausted. And, of course, he had to become too tired to continue [i]here[/i], in this freezing place. It was a fitting end, he thought to himself miserably, sinking to the ground with a heavy sigh. His brother had died, and now so would he. And they’d finally be together again, just like they always were. He closed his eyes and let death come. Except… It didn’t come. He just kept waiting, and waiting, in the dreaded silence… and hated every minute of it.

Words: 181

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-11-2016, 02:58 PM

Her breath came out in foggy little puffs. Her chest heaved and her legs had that familiar burning sensation that only came from exertion. She'd gone on a run to exercise herself and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of the north. The slopes, the hills, the terrain, everything posed a unique and amazingly interesting challenge that she had accepted willingly. She was intent on keeping herself in shape and while she was visiting it seemed the perfect opportunity to roam a bit while doing something productive.

She was still trying to think of places to take Baine while they were on their trip. She wanted to do it after they'd spoken with the leader of the new pack, but nothing exciting came to mind. She was so indecisive that her mind couldn't rest on just one place. She trusted the three wolves she'd left in charge. They were older, wiser, and no doubt could handle things while they were on their trip. It still made her nervous to be gone for so long and she realized her and Baine's time would still be limited.

All thoughts were out of her mind as she ran. She wanted to push herself past her limits and she knew she'd be aching later for it. Eventually her pace slowed and glanced around. The place surprised her a bit, but no more than other places had. She could recall a few that were more extraordinary than this, but it was hardly fair to compare them. Very few places were alike if you looked closely enough.

As she slowed to a trot she sniffed around and was surprised to see that she was not alone. It was a very bleak and downcast day and the clouds overhead promised snow by nightfall. She almost hadn't spotted the male, but eventually her eyes rested upon a darker form that stood out from the paler gray and white landscape. He looked almost dead lying there and a tinge of worry coursed through her. Was he dead?

"You okay?" She called out warily from a distance.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: x638RtN.png]
[Image: sI0gGqh.png]