gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Xolan
11-12-2016, 06:59 PM
I never considered myself one to run away. I never considered myself one to flee in the face of hardships. But... Here I was. I had ran. I had ran, and ran, and ran some more. My awkward three-beat gait carrying me much further than ever before. I had leapt into the welcoming waves of the ocean and I had swam until my body gave out. Which, because I was missing a crucial propeller, was not long.

And here I was. Waterlogged and exhausted on the shores of an unknown river. Tongue lolled out of my mouth, head raised slowly, and I blinked rapidly to clear my eyes of invading water and sand. With a groan and a muted sigh, I gathered my front end, collecting my paws beneath me and hoisting my small body into a sitting position. With the way my back ached, I knew better than to stand just yet; my hips would just give out, and I couldnt risk looking entirely weak to any enemies or predators that might be lurking about.

Head swung slowly, knotted muscles in my neck making surveying the alien territory that much harder. Well...at least the sun was warm on my soaked fur, which hung in damp strands, threatening to matte up into tangles.

I let out a long breath, before finally mustering the strength to stand. With a soft whimper, my lone right hind thrust my rump into a standing position. A little shakey, but hey, at least I was standing. I squinted into the sky; Where could I possibly be?

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-12-2016, 07:24 PM

How long are they going to be gone?

As each day passed Faite found herself growing more and more anxious. She wasn't sure if that was because of the raging hormones that came with pregnancy or just because she was worried about her family. It'd been weeks since she'd seen Regulus or her parents. She knew Regulus could handle himself, but with two sick wolves in his wake how easily would he be able to defend them all? What if they didn't come back? How was she supposed to deal with that? It was all unbelievably frustrating.

Her patrols around Celestial ended up branching further and further out away from Celestial. She didn't bother marking the loner lands (they weren't theirs after all) but she was eager to see if she could catch any tell-tale signs of them. If she could just smell them or see Regulus' bright crimson colored coat on the horizon that'd at least help ease some of her worries. Of course there still had to be the admittance that she was pregnant, but maybe she could put it off? She didn't have any outward signs yet, it was still early. So other than the nausea and sleep deprivation she could procrastinate. Yeah, that sounded like a good plan.

Her scouting brought her out into the desert. She couldn't imagine Regulus would want to bring their parents back this way. It was still warm here for the most part. Winter hardly ever seemed to effect the place. She wasn't fond of the sweltering heat and getting sand stuck in her coat, but she shoved the thoughts away. She wanted to find them.

The scent that filtered to her nostrils smelled of water and something else, but her face fell when she realized it was only one wolf and not anyone she knew. Curiosity got the better of her as she padded slowly towards the stranger. She spotted her russet coat easily enough and she realized that the other girl was drenched. She was puzzled but her destination didn't waver and she paused a little ways away. Her eyes immediately zeroed in on the missing limb and she looked away quickly not wanting to be caught staring. The other looked exhausted and Faite was mindful to keep a respectful distance.

"Hi there." She greeted her calmly. "Odd time to be swimming." She grinned softly. It was almost winter, yet the desert at least spared them from cold winds and temperatures.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: x638RtN.png]
[Image: sI0gGqh.png]

Simber

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Xolan
11-13-2016, 08:15 AM
I had not even begun to walk, I had barely even shook my pelt out when the aroma of a wolf invaded my senses. A female. Skull moved slowly, emerald eyes zeroing in on the approaching form. She was closer than I had expected her to be... Man I must be really tired.

I regarded her carefully as she continued her approach, her heterochromatic gaze flashing to my absent limb, and then quickly looking away in... embarrassment? A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth as the female came to a stop a fair distance away. My shoulders quivered; exhaustion, not fear, but it could be taken for either.

Head canted to the left at her statement, a tired smile forming on my face. It's always a good time to test the waters... It's a much more reasonable temperature here than it was back in.... I trailed off, brow furrowing and face falling as my eyes flicked to the ground. Back in Resia. But would this wolf even know of that place?

Sorry, but, um... Where am I? I inquired, jade gaze darting back to the strangers face. She seemed kind enough, her posture not weak, but not domineering. She had to know that I was an outsider; if she was going to attack me, she would have done it by now, right?

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-19-2016, 09:12 PM

The other woman seemed exhausted and Faite was quick to notice the quivering of her limbs. She couldn't imagine that swimming with only three limbs was an easy endeavor. She was curious how a wolf lost an entire limb. Maybe she was born that way? Faite wasn't brave enough to ask though. It seemed like it would be a rude question and she wasn't keen on making an enemy so fast. Especially after the weak smile was given. So far the russet girl seemed friendly and Faite was more than happy to keep it that way.

It's always a good time to test the waters... It's a much more reasonable temperature here than it was back in....

Faite watched as the woman's smile faded. So she was a foreigner? It wasn't the first time she'd come from someone not from Boreas. Her curiosity was piqued but she didn't get the chance to ask any questions. Instead her ear flicked as she was asked where she was. That practically confirmed that she wasn't from around here. It seemed like Faite was going to be playing the friendly welcome party.

"This land is called Boreas, though I'm sorry you washed up in the desert, though it's almost winter now so the temperature isn't as bad as in the summer." She certainly couldn't keep her contempt of the place out of her voice. "By the way, my name is Faite."

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: x638RtN.png]
[Image: sI0gGqh.png]