Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-21-2016, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 09:33 PM by Integra.)

Honestly, by now Integra should have been used to being alone and down on her luck.  She should have figured out how to move on and yet the woman found herself back in Boreas, back in Imperium… or what used to be Imperium.  Clouds accumulated in thick, gray clumps and as she strode past the barn it began to snow.  Integra titled her head and squinted at the sky.  Really?  She couldn't help but wonder what she'd done in a past life to be so deserving of this one though she supposed it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  She had her freedom for what it was worth.  Though, if she was honest to herself, she'd have given it up in a heartbeat to have her family back.

Integra watched the snowfall for a moment, the warmer southern temperatures causing it to melt almost as soon as it touched the ground.  When the sun rose and cast its rays out over the land the snow would turn to rain.  She rested her side against the exterior of the barn, steadying herself for a moment.  The scents of Imperium were gone now, which she figured they would be.  One of the greater empires of Boreas suddenly gone in the blink of an eye.  The fragility of mortal kingdoms in a chaotic world.  She stood for awhile, enjoying the sight of the snowfall and the citrine rays of sunlight that just peered over the horizon.  She could seek shelter in the barn later.  Right now she sought to grasp at a fleeting feeling of peace.

[Image: yKuOSHo.png]

Simber

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Xolan
11-22-2016, 05:46 PM

The threatening gray clouds that had been haunting the horizon had finally advanced, beginning a steady march across the sky and bringing howling winds and the smell of snow with them. It was not long before it began to flurry, but thankfully enough, the temperatures wee still too warm for any accumulation to form on the ground.
I moved slowly, my hitched gait even more pronounced at the moment; the cold didnt agree with my joints, and it always took me a little bit longer to get warmed up and moving at a decent pace.
It was not long before the crisp breeze brought a gust of flakes directly into my face, the scent of a female carried with it. Another wolf? Skull swung, looking to the owner of the scent, and it was not long before emerald gaze landed on a large wolf, gray and tawny tones nearly blending in with the horizon and the clouds.
Tail wagged slowly; it was clear that she had yet to notice me. Her gaze was tilted towards the horizon, seemingly enthralled with the scenery. "Nice day for a walk!" I chirped , announcing my presence as I slowly approached the taller woman. "Winter seems to come earlier and earlier every year." I mused, keeping my left side angled towards the wolf. It may seem odd, I guess, making my disability so visible (not that I could do much to hide it anyways), but it did play to my advantage. If she chose to attack me, well, at least my right leg could do something to absorb the impact and to brace myself against the force.
Jade gaze watched the wolf briefly before looking up to the clouds, trying to determine if the snow would lighten up or if it would get worse.

"SPEAK"
[Image: Us6iFFu.png]

Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-23-2016, 09:53 PM

Integra wondered if Valentine had healed and if so what he and the rest of the royal family was doing. Would he have picked up the pack and started elsewhere or simply decided to remain content with his new lot in life, assuming he'd recovered his sanity at all. Her thoughts drifted to her living siblings with a touch of bitterness. So much for holding together, their family had fractured apart from the moment they were born, piece by piece until there were only four of them now and they were scattered to the winds. Integra could only imagine what the others were getting up to and she did wish them well, she really did… but dead or alive it didn't change the loneliness she felt. They were still gone.

Integra was about to turn to leave when a tiny, three-legged woman approached her with a bounce in her step and a song in her heart. Oh… joy. She blinked for a moment as the woman spoke about a nice day for a walk. Integra glanced at the mix of snow that was quickly turning to sleet then back at the woman. Was she serious? "Sure, I suppose… if you're a fish. A little wet for my tastes personally." She grinned wryly at the other. "So what are you doing out in this weather, miss fish?"

Simber

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Xolan
12-12-2016, 03:12 PM

Face flinched involuntarily as the snow turned a bit harder, a bit..wetter. Sleet. I shook myself gently, snorting as I turned my attention back to the female; It was not going to get any lighter. I laughed, high pitched and brief.
"Well, I suppose Im out for a swim." I retorted; if I was a fish, then I was a fish. "Im not too familiar with these lands and I'm trying to do my best to get myself oriented before the winter gets too harsh." Perhaps it was too much information, but hey, she had asked.

I eyed the female and her peculiar orbs; a bold, rosy pink. She was a daunting figure, surely, but she was not the baddest beast I had ever met. No, that title was held by one and one alone.
I mean, dont get me wrong, she would rip out my throat with the blink of an eye, but it didnt exactly scare me. Sometimes I wish the thought of death bothered me more. Maybe I wouldnt get into so much trouble.

"Well, if you are not a fish like me, what takes you out of your den today?" I inquired, tail swishing back and forth idly.

"SPEAK"
[Image: Us6iFFu.png]

Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-17-2016, 03:30 PM

Integra couldn't believe how strange it felt to be holding a conversation with someone she'd just met. She'd spent most of her time outside of Boreas avoiding others, content to just live inside her own head for awhile. In a way it was like waking up. She was becoming aware of someone other than herself and the ghosts of those she'd known in the past, the ghosts that loved to follow her around.

Integra chuckled as the woman stated she was out for a swim. Well she was certainly getting her daily dose of water out in this weather. "Well, you should do alright here in the south. Even when it snows we never get more than a few inches and it tends to melt pretty quickly. Its the spring that's the most dangerous." We? What was she saying. Acting like she still lived here, it was just silly. She'd cut those ties long ago and clearly Imperium had as well so there was no need to pretend like this was her home.

She frowned at the woman's question, eyes narrowing slightly as she gazed out across the horizon. How to even answer that question? She snorted. Not with the truth, that was for sure. She wasn't even sure how she could identify all the factors that lead her to this moment anyway. "Me? Oh… I'm just out fishing, and look what I've caught." She winked at the woman before the rain began to fall even harder. Integra frowned. "I don't know about you but I've had enough of this, I'm getting inside. Care to join me?" Integra turned and pushed at the barn door, letting it swung lazily open.