gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022LegendaryCritical Fail!Treat 2019
12-03-2016, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 12:02 AM by Dragon.)
OOC// BTW replies to this will count as rank posts towards the Talis Activity Check!

Alright. This was kinda late, but after the long journey they had from one end of the continent to a completely new one, he wanted to hold off a couple weeks while everyone settled in and got used to the new surroundings and the climate change. Where Boreas drowned in winter, these lands sparked to life with the season of summer. It was a weird transition to be honest. Even weirder to think that he wouldn't be around snow for the second year of his life. But he was sure that many were grateful for this change at least. Perhaps his brother Gryphon was especially grateful. Poor guy didn't have to deal with the cold penetrating his short fur! Shaking his head with a smirk, he strolled across the rolling plains, the midday sun on his back. He had gotten some advice from his mom about this. About who should mentor the apprentices. There were some members he wasn't comfortable choosing as mentors...their lack of enthusiasm having taken a toll on the previous apprentices. Meaning he and his brothers. So he wanted to make sure this new batch would get in all the learning they could. Sitting near one of the smaller ponds that dotted the plains, he tilted his head back and called for all of the fledglings.

"ROAR"
Tracker||Plot with me!

Dragon never goes anywhere without his Dragon armor, assume he is always wearing it unless otherwise mentioned! He also has a pair of seeing eye jaguars, assume they're always present unless otherwise mentioned.

Okami

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
12-04-2016, 07:49 PM

This land was so beautiful! She hadn't realized just how much bigger the world was beyond the northern territories. And of course, the one time she was allowed to go with her mother for a brief meet with someone named Rivaxorus. But even then, she didn't know there was a whole other continent to explore! As she lumbered across the grounds, ears caught the sound of her older brothers howl. It sounded important for those in her rank, so the pale girl altered her course and made her way towards Dragon.

It didn't take her as long as she thought it would to arrive. The yearling forgetting that she was a lot bigger now than she used to be. She was taller then nearly everyone, except for her estranged brother Lykos who was the same size, and then she had seen this one woman around who was bigger then everyone. But she didn't know her name. Regardless, she was getting used to her...tallness. Lanky legs and disproportionate paws often getting in the way and making her look awkward and gangly, but surely as she got older she would fill out. Upon drawing closer to her brother, she saw him sitting next to a small pond. Approaching, she nodded to him and wagged her tail as she brushed his shoulder. "Hello Dragon! Is today the day?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Art||Plotter

Arrow is allowed to crash her threads, regardless of the tag

Afrit

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-04-2016, 10:07 PM

This place was so weird. Her winter coat had already filled out and then the next thing she knew they were moving to a place where it was summer time. What was up with that? She felt like she was dying in the warm temperatures and she halfway missed the pines and the snow at home. She just had not been ready for this transition south. There were things to enjoy here though. The prey was fat and she'd already found a burrow of weasels to annoy the crap out of. They chattered at her from inside their hole as they barked in it. She'd even dug it out some so now her front half and paws were covered in dirt.

The howl interrupted her digging and she paused her assault. Ears flicked upwards as she recognized the call of their older brother. Whatever it was it sounded important. She stared wistfully at the weasel den for a moment before she ran off in the direction of Dragon. She'd be back for the rodents later! She arrived in no time and was surprised to see Okami there. She'd beaten her, but they'd also beaten Enlil and Charm. Oh well, at least she wasn't late. She grinned at Dragon and Okami and waved her tail.

"Hey guys! Dragon, you still owe me an adventure." This new place was perfect for one.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: JQXUdOq.png]

Jade

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
12-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Jade was still trying to get used to their new home. It was a lot different than their old one, that was for sure. She didn't know exactly how she felt about it. It was so much warmer here, not at all like the snowy forest of the north that she'd gotten used to. It just felt.. strange to him. She was wandering through the plains when she heard the pack leader's call echo out, calling.. her? Well,. not just her, but the other young wolves as well. How interesting!  

Grinning to herself, she followed Dragon's call while eyeing her surroundings too. This place was really nice! The child nearly stumbled over her own paws as one of her hind legs caught on a particularly thick mess of weeds, but she recovered quickly and with a soft giggle. It was hard to focus on heading to the meeting when there was so much to explore and so much running through her mind. She finally made it to the small gathering, noting that none of her siblings were there yet. Bummer. Her tail wagged as she moved closer to the group, chirping quickly, "Hiya!" before plopping down on her stomach, attention focused on the oldest of the group.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Charm

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
12-07-2016, 02:31 AM
TAKE LIFE BY THE HORNS
She was having.... issue's adjusting. It seemed her siblings were flying and soaring away other than Enlil of course. Charm hated to admit though that she didn't know what she was doing. Mom was no longer the alpha and now it was her older brother Dragon taking the reigns. Something a young wolf like her didn't understand. Life was moving fast and it was obvious the small lady was going to have to get used to that. It was also the fact that her father was buried in the north. She did suppose he wanted that most of all hearing stories that he too had been born there. However she couldn't stay hidden forever. Slinking out of her makeshift den she slowly went towards the call.

She saw Okami there, and the urge to run to her sister hit her - but she just couldn't do it. She felt like a bother, like an annoyance. She hadn't been social or been going out, Charm was more or less a little ashamed of herself. Avoiding other eyes and ears the small wolf tried to find a seat more towards the back. Her ears falling closer to the back of her head, as her green eyes looked over Dragon. Patiently waiting for something to happen.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-10-2016, 06:51 PM

Pfft. One ear cocked as the howl from the new alpha rose up into the air. Blue eyes gazed in the direction of the call, but he was feeling rather lazy today. Thumping his tail a few times on the ground in thought, he decided he should go. After all, he didn't really have anything else to do right now. His family left, so he was on his own here. Groaning with irritation, he dragged himself to his paws and lumbered towards the call. From the castle to the plains, he had to admit that this place was pretty neat. There wasn't snow everywhere to make his fur wet all the time. Instead, there was sun and blue sky. Something he felt he preferred better over snow to be honest.

He took his time, but he didn't seem to be the last one. There was only a small handful of the other apprentices there, and he knew there was a lot more then this. Eyeing everyone with suspicion, he flopped down onto his side. He hadn't talked to any of them before, and didn't really feel the need to even now. He was curious as to why they were called though. Training perhaps? Hopefully he'd find out soon. He was excited to learn how to be a better fighter so he could maul something to death. Yeah...that sounded like fun.

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Arke

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
12-11-2016, 08:31 PM
The boy had not appreciated the move. Hadn’t appreciated leaving their father behind. He still didn’t understand everything that had gone on between his mother and father… but he knew that Vereux was dead and wasn’t coming back. It was something that still hurt, but he managed to put on a brave face. He thought he was doing pretty well at least, recovering from the pain of losing his father and maybe getting on the path to help his sister heal as well. Charm… Enlil worried for her. The boy wasn’t sure what they were going to do yet… but he was sure he was going to stick with his sister.

He arrived at the training less than cheerful, gaze shifting from each sibling, and non-sibling, until he found Charm. Sliding closer to her Enlil gave her a gentle bump with his shoulder before offering a small smile. No matter what he was here for her.

Sterling

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz
01-02-2017, 01:17 AM
Sterling tilted her head, an over-sized ear perking at the sound of a howl from Dragon. Was that a call for the youngsters of the pack? Grinning, she supposed that included her, too, even though she'd never admit that she was so young. After all, being young meant having rules and limitations, something she didn't quite believe in. But, supposing their new Alpha might have something interesting or fun planned for them, even if it was a lesson, Sterling decided she must go. Of course, whether she wanted to or not, it would be mandatory, and she wanted to make sure the pack liked her. She couldn't just loaf around, as much as she'd rather do whatever she pleased all the time.

So, without a moment more of hesitation, the young girl bounded toward the sound of the call, wondering what lay ahead. She wasn't fully used to this territory yet - it was just so different from home! - but she couldn't say she didn't like it. And she certainly loved exploring it. She couldn't wait to see what lay beyond the borders. Today would be a lesson, though, so she had to put aside any thoughts like that for now. When she arrived she saw she was pretty much the last, and spotting her sister, bounded over to Jade, glancing around momentarily as she wondered where their brother was. Well, his loss if he didn't show up, and he would be in trouble, she bet. Smirking, she seated herself, eagerly awaiting what was to come.

Cobalt

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
01-02-2017, 01:41 AM

It seemed that Cobalt had settled into their rather ordinary lifestyle within Talis quite well. He'd discovered the art of hunting and exploring, venturing further away from the rest of his family to make his own assessments of the world around him and write his own short stories apart from the rest.

He was at that age in his youth where self awareness was beginning to take root truly, laying out the foundation for the immense amount of knowledge the boy seemed to crave. His curiosity was beginning to lead him down his own path to self discovery and he could just feel it. That feeling animated the healthy body of the near yearling, compelling him to waltz the undiscovered left in the castle they now found themselves living in.

Exploring the castle and uncovering little mysterious artifacts could only occupy and sate his thirst for fresh discoveries for so long. Dragon's call for a meeting among the youth of the pack couldn't have reached him at a better time. The wild looking earthy tones of the beast were nearly a blur as he made his way to answer the call. It took him some time to get out to the plains, but as soon as the gathering came in to view he fixed his posture. The cheerful youth kept his facial muscles relaxed and in a pleasant smile, his head level with his spine. With a sway in the tip of his tail at the end of his spine, he made his way nearer to Jade. He wasn't sure what the meeting was about, but he felt an excitement within as he was forced to remain in a state of anticipation for now. Coby's kind, blue eyes searched over the image of their current leader. It was fascinating to see him, as Coby couldn't recall a time where he had the pleasure since the move.

[Image: cobysig.png]

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022LegendaryCritical Fail!Treat 2019
01-06-2017, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 09:44 PM by Dragon.)

He waited patiently, and they began to show up. Okami was first, and he gently nipped at her tail as she brushed by him. "Yup!" His tail wagged as she went to sit nearby, and then soon his sister Afrit showed up. She mentioned the adventure he had mentioned back in the north, and to be honest he had nearly forgotten about that since things had gotten pretty busy. He felt bad for that, so he nodded eagerly and smiled at her. "I know, I know! How about we go tomorrow? Anywhere you want!" He grinned, tail wagging. One of Esarosa's kids showed next, Jade if he recalled the name of the young girl. She greeted them, and he was glad to see that she too seemed eager to want to learn and be here. "Heya Jade! Excited? You're all getting mentors today!" Well, that is why he had called them all here. The question was, who would mentor? There were very few he had considered, simply for the fact that the last time his mom had assigned mentors, none of the mentors really did anything if at all. Save for maybe Amachi, his mom, and Esarosa...but now they had a new healer, and he himself would more than likely even mentor someone too. Even though he wasn't as experienced as the older wolves of the pack, he still felt that he could also learn and grow with whoever was his apprentice as well. Charm was next, and Dragon noticed that she didn't seem very...happy. He understood to a point. Vereux passed away unexpectedly, and they were still dealing with that grief. He didn't care too much about his own father though. Not after hearing what the bastard had done. And even though he didn't know him, he had vowed to tear the man apart should he ever find him. Or anyone else who was close to him as punishment for his cowardice.

Shortly after, Liar's remaining kid arrived and flopped silently onto the ground. Then Enlil showed, settling over by Charm, followed by Jade's two siblings Sterling and Cobalt. Right, this was everyone now! Even though the last two were pretty late, he would give the kids a pass this time around. "Alright! Now that we're all here, I wanna let you guys know that you'll all be assigned mentors today!" He eyed them for a moment to see their reactions at the news. "You guys are gonna have more of a head start then I did at your age, and I'm gonna assign you good mentors based on what you want to learn. Remember though, just because you're more focused towards one area, doesn't mean you shouldn't train in other fields. When someone else calls a training, you're all expected to attend, got it?" Simple enough for them to understand, right? "Now...tell me what you guys are interested in learning! There's several things to pick from, and I'll list 'em off for you as well as who will be teaching those things, okay?"

Clearing his throat, he quieted for a moment as he thought about the different areas they could train in. Then a thought struck him! "Oh yeah, if you try one thing and don't really like it, let me know and I'll assign you to a mentor in that field. You guys can try more than one thing at a time, so if you want to learn say...fighting and hunting or something, then you'll have different mentors who specialize in those fields." He felt pretty excited about this, and wondered if it was their excitement rubbing off on him, or maybe it was just him. Either way, he was eager to get things started! "Alright! Starting with the first mentor, my mom, Avalon, will be teaching both offensive and defensive fighting. She's also willing to teach things like history, diplomacy, etiquette, and stuff like that. Next, my brother Kharnage is willing to teach fighting skills and...well, he'll probably put you through a training camp which I encourage." Come to think of it, that wasn't such a bad idea...it would toughen them up, right? In all honesty, that sounded like a great idea actually! He wished there was something like that when he was younger! "Zuri will teach healing, and Esarosa and Steel, as well as my brother Gryphon will teach you how to hunt and navigate the lands, as well as a few other things too. Lastly, I will teach fighting and some other stuff. Depends on what you wanna know, so if there is something I haven't covered or said, just ask and I'm sure I can work something out."

Alright, that was it...right? Hmm...he did have a thought sitting in his head for a while, and it was due to the lack of experienced wolves in the pack that drove him to consider his thought as a possible option. "Since we don't have very many mentors, more than likely you'll all be sharing mentors. Things will work out though, and remember...if you have any questions or change your mind on what you want to specialize in later, let me know. With that being said, tell me what you wanna start with so I can pair you with the mentors."

OOC//Posting order not required! Just throw up a short post or w/e on what your char might wanna learn and they'll be assigned accordingly. Please have replies posted by the 13th <3

"Speech"

Tracker||Plot with me!

Dragon never goes anywhere without his Dragon armor, assume he is always wearing it unless otherwise mentioned! He also has a pair of seeing eye jaguars, assume they're always present unless otherwise mentioned.

Jade

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
01-15-2017, 07:28 PM
Jade was beyond thrilled when her siblings finally arrived. She figured that they would eventually show up. The girl grinned at Sterling as she came to side near her, leaning to nudge her sister's shoulder lightly. Cobalt came not long after, and she'd return the gesture, leaning to nose his flank lightly as he settled down.  She had no idea what to expect from this, so she was glad her brother and sister were here with her to figure it all out.

As Dragon began to speak, she would grow more attentive, turning to face him with wide eyes. She tried to follow along with what he was saying. Today they'd be getting mentors, based on what they wanted to learn. Sounded neat! A smile crossed her face, tail batting gently against the earth. She didn't expect to have to pick anything. She didn't really have any interests persay. Hmm. Fighting sounded scary, and history and all that sounded a bit boring, if she was being honest. Her parents, and another guy named Gryphon, taught hunting. And exploration. Now that sounded more interesting!  "I think I want to learn hunting, I guess,"  she offered uncertainly, since nobody else had spoken up yet, she figured she ought to.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Cobalt

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
01-19-2017, 02:25 PM

He was glad he hadn't missed any announcements, knowing well that he was running behind.. being the last to finally step in. It seemed that Dragon didn't seem to hold it against him too much, but still his ears held themselves down in a look of guilt as he listened intently. They were all getting mentors? This was exciting news, and his ears instantly lifted with his spirits as he sat up a little taller and listened to who all they would be able to work with. Their own parents were included in that? His lips pulled into a smile as he thought of working with them.

It was his sister who spoke up first, and his attention immediately went to her. She seemed unsure, but in all honesty, so was he. He looked down for a moment as he thought over what it was he wanted to pursue, at least for now. Dragon seemed pretty clear about them being able to change their trades later on. What would he start with? He kind've wanted to learn them all, but.. perhaps there was something he could learn from the former alpha and from history itself. It seemed like a good place to start, and perhaps from there he'd be able to learn something from those that fell before him and figure out where he wanted to go. "I would like to learn history with Avalon, if that is alright. Offensive and defensive fighting are things I really should learn, too."

[Image: cobysig.png]

Afrit

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-13-2017, 07:35 PM
ooc: Super late, oops. Here's a crap reply.

Afrit sat and waited patiently. She was placated with the idea that she'd get to go on an adventure with Dragon. She stayed quiet as the last few trickled in. She stared at them curiously for a moment before snapping her head back to Dragon as he began to speak. At the mention of mentors her tail slapped wildly against the ground and as he explained each of the categories. While a couple of the others explained what they wanted to pursue she thought it over. Ultimately she wanted to learn how to fight, but hunting was a necessity and well... all of it sounded like fun, except for healing. So when it was her turn she grinned broadly at Dragon. She was going to be good at just about everything.

"I want my main focus to be on fighting, but I wanna be good at hunting too and I wanna learn how to navigate." Surely there was someone that would teach that?

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: JQXUdOq.png]