The grasses whisper of a king.

White Tooth

gems
size
build
player
12-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Winter, Year 8.

I seemed to wander for what felt like days upon end, although I had smelled the wolves before I reached the area I hadn’t seen a single one. Why, I wasn’t quite sure. Had the lands been abandoned recently, was it a cursed region? Had I stumbled upon a war? With what little vision I had from my left eye, it had replaced itself with a much more fine tuned version of the world within my right. One could not explain what I had been through during my time alive, words could not express my experiences within the world as we wolves know it. Where most would see a herd of deer as nothing more than a source of food, I saw it as an opportunity to create a kingdom. To rule over a group that had natural fear of myself. A natural instinct to run away. I had noticed that after slaying the great black Stag, the other deer seemed to respect me, perhaps even fear me. In fact, I know it was a mixture of both. After I left the herd due to it’s decrease of numbers I battled anyone who stood in my way, taking out others with no care in the world. It didn’t matter if they had children, a mate, or were trying to become an Alpha. I didn’t care. I had been humiliated once, but no, never again would I feel that horrid ping from embarrassment. I wanted the whole entire world to quake with fear when I walked through an area. I wanted others to run and hide in fear that I too, may take their life, just like I would take anyone’s. Although despite my love for ruling and for battle, I made it a point to never put myself in a position in which I may find myself near deaths’ door. I wanted to live forever, at least as a legend. As the Stag King. I may have not been a deer by any means, with my sharp teeth and thick fur, but they respected me as if I were one of them. Perhaps it wasn’t even respect. Maybe it was fear. Perhaps it was fear that caused them to listen to my every command, whatever it was, I lived for it. I had heard of wolves being able to steak claim for packs in this area, being allowed to rule how they pleased. I would soon again be a King. I wanted to feel that feeling again when I was allowed to yell or tear into someone simply because I could. I wanted to have the right to rule how I wanted to rule, I didn’t want to have to listen to anyone. And I wouldn’t. I had grown up as the best fighter in my group, the absolute uncontested best. That was until Stormer came into season, rumors of her attraction to me had spread far and wide. Pulling wolves in from unknown location, from places we never knew to even exist. The infamous son of the Tooth line had come into age to take a mate. That alone placed fear in the hearts of others, it was that intense fear from communities that I strived for. It was exact what made, I, White Tooth, a King of all sorts. I could fight well, heal well, but I was intelligent more than anything. Because of my large amount of intelligence I knew what move a wolf was going to make in a battle before they even moved, it was predictable really. Although here I was, wandering aimlessly in a.. Field? An empty, shade free, field. It was then that the scent of another reach my nose along with an oddly colored figure. This wolf before me, it was green? How odd. How peculiar. Back in the providence that I hailed from wolves were nothing but natural colors, this being looked to be entirely fake. I scoffed at this beings appearance, who even was this? She smelled as if she had just had a litter, ah, so she was a mother? Well respected in my book, it wasn’t easy to have a child. Let alone 2 or 3. Whoever she was she had a bit of respect from me for that at least, thus due to her travelling scent, I wouldn’t pick a fight with her. Perhaps I could use her condition to my advantage? If it had been an uncontested breeding, maybe she was looking for solace? Perhaps she’d willingly follow me into oblivion? “Why hello there, you are in the presence of the Stag King… Who are you?” ?” Did this wolf know who I was, did she know who she was speaking to? I was the great, mighty, powerful Stag King. The ruler of the deer, the animal that gave us wolves our food. Our source of life. Without the deer we’d all certainly starve. Hopefully she wouldn’t start a fight with me, she may be a mother but I would crush her just the same. Although a part of me found myself wanting to.. Coddle her? Treat her like my dear, dear sister that I left behind. Maybe it was because her pregnancy had just ended, my darling sister was close to giving birth to my nieces and nephews before I fled the kingdom. I wonder daily about how she may be doing.. Does she have a good husband, is she the Queen now? So many questions remained unanswered for me. Either way, that was in the past. I needed to place my focus on the female before me, for if she decided to fight it was a fight she would have. I pushed the thoughts of my family to the back of my head, my shoulders tensing causing my build to go rigid. My eyes scanned over her, reading her, trying to calculate her next move.

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
12-18-2016, 08:16 PM
A voice attracted her attention, though it was not the voice which Yoshiko longed to hear. Ears perked, great head turning towards the smaller male he addressed her. He was pure, covered in white fur. Sometimes Yoshi was envious of such wolves. He referred to himself as the Stag King… a title that seemed a bit odd to her. She arched a brow, about to speak and question it when she noticed the bit of antler around his neck on a string. Even still… she could not help but wonder.

“The title of ‘Stag King’ is not one I’m familiar with. Perhaps you might care to explain why you are called such?” A smirk began to appear on her features, revealing that Yoshiko was amused and yet, at the same time, a certain curiosity burned with her blood pink eyes. For now Yoshiko’s body remained relaxed, though she was willing to throw down at a moment’s notice. She’d be a bit weaker from the birthing, but she was confident in her size and the skills of her jaws to take down anyone who stood in her way.

At this thought though a memory surfaced. Surely her husband had once thought the same… before their kingdom was lost. She pushed that thought away, finding herself showing at least a bit of respect for the male by keeping eye contact as she answered his earlier question. “As for who I am… I am Yoshiko Haruna Agatsuma Adravendi. You may call me Yoshi, if you wish.” The female straightened a bit to her full height, breathing out slowly. She wasn’t looking for a conversation or a fight right now… but it seemed at least one of the two were being placed before her.

White Tooth

gems
size
build
player
12-18-2016, 08:34 PM
It seemed as though word of my reign had not yet reached this area of the world.. While I was thinking about the subject this female who now addressed herself as Yoshiko, or simply Yoshi asked why I was called the Stag King. I couldn't hold back the laugh that soon burst from my charcoal lips, although I don't blame her.. Not everyone can have the pleasure of knowing someone as amazing, noble, and chivalrous as myself."I am a King because of my birth parents, obviously. Before I was simply the next king.. After going through a dispute within the Providence I hail from, I fled.. I was weak then. I soon came upon a great herd of deer, which was led by a self entitled "King". His coat solid black, his antlers massive.. I slayed him just like all those who have came across me before, I took the place as king myself. The deer provided me with food.. I provided them with protection. I have slain many wolves in my time, but none had put up a fight like the deer king.. Thus, I have become titled "The Stag King." It was not by myself, but by the herd I guarded for several months.. I will simply say.. Fawn is delicious."I let out another laugh, my chest heaving with the joy of telling my notorious rise to power.. Perhaps I could get her to follow Zola and I to our new kingdom.. That'd be another follower for us indeed, or.. I could force her into it. I could hold her for ransom as well.

Raising my nose a bit to the wind that blew above me, I inhaled deeply. She had indeed just recently given birth.. I could use a pup.. Perhaps even become friends with the tiny little thing."Ah.. Motherhood becomes you.. Who is the father, lucky man I'm sure. You can consider me a friend.. I mean no harm."

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
12-18-2016, 09:32 PM

Rivaxorus had done one deed, and now onto his original course of action. He was going to return from the north to go back to Auster in search of his love. As of course he hadn't expected her to be in Boreas alone. The massive male would let his nostrils flare though. His heart pounded against his chest as he picked up a familiar scent and mixed in it was that of puppies. His muscles found themselves tensing, and after a long sense in ages he felt protective. The once crowned king, knew he was of royalty and as such he had spent his life believing it would be built on the family curse of misery. However now, his eyes became slits and he carried himself towards the scent. It had been forever and he had searched everywhere for her. The scent of pups also told him he had sons and daughters waiting for him or just children in general. His wife... was alive. That was what mattered the most to the man.

What Riv saw, made his hackles rise, but he was a gentleman and had to uphold his reputation. The large male towered over the white one. As such his gray ears pulled forward and he would subsequently stand to protect his weaker wife - at this time she had been birthing(or at least recently) he knew she was stubborn. However, he was a father and he needed to protect his family. "Lucky I am for sure, the gods graced me with this." his two different colored eyes glared down at the male. Now how did two wolves of royalty greet each other.

"My name is Rivaxorus II Adravendi. Though, my friends call me Riv for short." he would be on edge until it was proven that this wolf was not a threat. These days Riv was full of anger and he was ready to let that unleash when the time called for it. After his defeat in the battle field. The brute was ready as he wouldn't show weakness in front of this man either. But he knew on the inside he wanted so badly to embrace Yoshiko. She was alive..... she was alive.

"Talk"

White Tooth

gems
size
build
player
12-19-2016, 04:04 PM
It seemed that this lady had a husband, of course I had respect for anyone that had the courage to settle down with another. Instantly I had to stop myself from springing, I was quite fond of starting fights with others but with a new mother.. Certainly not. I knew that I could attack if I felt that it was needed, however, he didn't seem all that bad. I would certainly keep my guard up.. If I were to presume the reaching for kingdom I would need all the friends I could get, of course it was for my own personal gain. I wouldn't really NEED them all that much, I had no doubt in the fact that with enough "promises" made I could get the wolves I needed to follow me. But yet, this wolf whom said to simply call himself Riv caught my interest, he was certainly large.. He would make a good chancellor for certain. I could grant him the position, thus making him my right hand man.. I could make him the leader of the King's guard as well. I knew that I had several options in front of me."King White Tooth, it's a pleasure.."My body became rigid, I wasn't in the mood for a petty fight. If I were to fight another, I wanted it to be at least a good reason. I kept my posture a serious one, but I felt no need to display dominance over the male. I would simply see his reaction to my name and title, judged upon his expression and words would determine my actions. If anything, I could talk him into following me as I took a kingdom under siege, then placed it under my rule.

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
12-19-2016, 04:26 PM
Such a curious man. So he had once been ruler of wolves… only to trade the title for that over deer. Yoshiko had to admit she was curious about this. “An interesting history, Stag King. Though I do have to wonder what became of the herd if you’ve grown a taste for their young.” The female grew guarded as the conversation shifted, however. The thought that this male could so easily tell she had little ones was not exactly a comforting thought. His words, though he spoke them as a supposed friend, made her a bit suspicious. He had given her no reason to believe him an enemy before… perhaps he was just being cautious?

The female was to speak further when her mate appeared, and Yoshiko held back the soft whine that wanted to pass her lips. She had missed Riv… missed him dearly. Body scooted a little closer to his, drawing comfort from his presence and letting him know, without words, that she was here. Her blood-pink gaze flicked towards him for but a moment, giving a small smile before turning back to the pale colored man before them.

“King White Tooth… the stag king.” Yoshi tested the words upon her lips, one ear flicking back slightly. “Riv and I too once wore crowns. But I’m afraid that our kingdom is no longer.” She stood with her own body a bit rigid, carefully watching White Tooth now. “Such things… were a less important thing for us at the time.” She tried to play it off lightly, not wanting this stranger to know of Riv’s defeat. “Family… blood… mattered far more than such titles. But I digress… tell me, White Tooth, why have you approached?” There was no reason to beat around the bush, was there?

“I do hope that if it is in seeking followers… you are prepared to show us why we should choose to follow you?” Though her words might have seemed polite by themselves there was a certain hardness to them. A challenge. Yoshiko wasn’t going to drop everything and join a pack with just anyone… particularly not before discussing it with Riv first. But perhaps this man might try to convince them both anyway?

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
12-19-2016, 10:22 PM

The male returned such feelings to his wife. His body meshed with hers, their love he believed was stronger than any other. He knew many things came and went, but she was not one of those things. Rivaxorus had given up everything for her and so he wouldn't let that go to waste, not to mention he now discovered he was a father. He didn't know the names or the faces of his children yet but he would with time. As his protective nature continued, he let his hair land flat however he wouldn't allow himself to be out shown either.

What Yoshiko said was quiet true however. "My side of the family hails from lines of royalty in the past. Though these days I'd much rather care for my family then put my place into politics." Rivaxorus would still be on edge. Yet he sat down. With the weather how it was they would perhaps have to seek a home. Though he'd much rather it be under a friend than a stranger. So his eyes curiously moved over Yoshiko. She was.... interested by this man it seemed. As such maybe he should take it upon himself to be interested as well. "This land is a lot harsher than some. Packs come and go like the seasons. Wolves fight for power often and a king has to defend his crown with power more than words. So where ever you hail from, I wouldn't underestimate any of the Boreas wolves." they were a land of giants and man eaters. A foreigner would have to know that in time.

"Talk"