I could make you want me

Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
12-21-2016, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 04:47 PM by Zephyr I.)
I could make you want me
Make you need me, make you mine

Zephyr didn't know how to move on after his last encounter with Caelum. It'd been the first time in so damn long that he had felt.. right. It had almost felt like he'd been home, though instead of everything being int he same place, everything had been turned completely upside-down. He'd found himself so overwhelmed that he'd forgot his better judgement and he'd fallen into a trap she probably hadn't even known she had set for him. His mind, of course, kept reeling back to thoughts of how wrong this all was. His past was gone - he'd come to terms with it, or so he thought, some time ago. Unburying all these emotions and thoughts was unprecedented for him and he felt like any progress he'd made toward a more normal life had been erased.

He tried to not think of her for awhile after she'd left. She'd told him she wasn't leaving forever, no, she'd just needed.. what? A break? A moment to think without him bothering her? He couldn't imagine why she needed time to herself, but then again he could relate, he supposed; he'd been too overwhelmed with emotion to think properly that day. He sighed out loud as he wove through the trees, his slackened posture partially revealing his somber thoughts. The fact that he longed for her again made him also feel uncomfortable. He'd gotten used to life without her, and had gotten to the point - eventually - that he could go through the day without thinking of her, of their children, and of that day. Hell, sometimes even weeks passed before the smallest inkling of a memory came to him, but now he couldn't stop thinking about how familiar her touch had been, and how sweet her scent was.

He wanted more.

That was why he was looking for her again. She'd wanted time, and Zephyr had given it to her. She had only specified that she wasn't saying goodbye.. and she hadn't given him any time frame. He did intend to finish their conversation, though he really wasn't sure of the sort of resolution he might get.. if any at all.  His nostrils flared as he continued on, noting how quiet this place was. Though it was the dead of winter, this place was rather comfortable, though he supposed that was likely due to the midday sun beaming down on the treetops. Only small hints of sunlight made it through, casting pale light down on the forest floor. This whole place had an ethereal vibe, which fit his odd mood perfectly.

He'd gotten a decent whiff of her scent some time ago, and he'd been trailing after it ever since. He continued on, surprised at how strong it grew. Surely she was close by now, though he couldn't quite figure out where exactly she was. Hesitantly, he let out a low bark, searching for her.

I could make it holy, make it special
Make it right

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-21-2016, 09:13 PM
Time. Time was supposed to be a great healer. When things didn't make sense and you needed to get past your problems, you gave it time. Even physical ailments above all else would require time and one's patience to fully heal. Why had time failed Caelum?

When she left their last meeting it was with a heavy heart. Little effort was needed to see that Zephyr had at least somewhat felt as she did. The whole thing had been too much, leaving her stressed beneath the feelings of happiness and the desire to be close to him again. As much as she still cared about him, Caelum wasn't going to let them just slide the tough stuff under the rug. Now if only she could figure things out on her own while she wasn't so distracted by him. She'd been all over the lands she usually hung around in, and had even taken a very very long walk further south. While the walking helped clear her mind a bit she would continue to struggle with how to sort out the things she wanted to speak about. Distractions only lasted for so long too - soon replaced with thoughts of Zephyr and all they had once had, as well as where they could possibly go from here.

The only thing that remained clear in her mind was that she was tired of her own actions. Falling apart, running off when she couldn't handle things, and that crying. Cae tried to convince herself that she wouldn't do any of that next time, going so far as to play things out in her head time and time again until her imaginary self kept her composure for the most part. She didn't know if that would help, but it was all she could do.

Now what?

She'd returned from her wandering several days ago, though her paws still would not cease their movement. It took an embarrassingly long while to realize she was essentially pacing over a very long distance, moving back and forth across the area she frequented. Eventually she had to force herself to stop, finding that she'd ended up in the strange dark woods she'd visited a very long time ago. A hazy mess of moss and fog surrounded her, complete with thin beams of light piercing their way down from the canopy above. Last time she'd been here Cae had gotten herself just a bit lost. Good thing this time the land was a bit more familiar to her.

Relaxing for a bit, she'd lay at the base of a large tree with her paws tucked gently under her, thinking about anything and everything. She hadn't known what she really wanted when she'd last talked with Zeph. Of course she wanted to straighten things out as best they could, and to make him believe that she would not have run away as he thought she had. Cae was pretty sure he still didn't believe her. How to get there was the real mystery. Closing her eyes Cae thought of how nice it was when they were still together, still whole with their family. She wanted that.

Blue eyes opened with a start when she heard a soft bark that could only belong to the man who had such a hold on her mind. He always managed to appear when she couldn't get him out of her mind. It was an odd talent, but one he'd long had ever since they first met years ago. Slowly she'd rise, moving to look to her right and peer around the tree to see him approaching. She'd move with quiet steps, descending the small slope created by the roots of the tree and coming to stand a few feet from him, head tilted slightly and tail giving a single gentle wag.

"Can I assume the answer to my question might be a no? Or at the very least, not completely..." She mused, tone soft but laced with a hint of jest as she referred to the first thing she'd said last time they met.

Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
12-31-2016, 12:21 PM
Zephyr felt remarkably more clear-minded now, though he didn't doubt Caelum's unmistakable ability to make him lose control. He knew that if he wasn't careful, any semblance of command of his own being could be shattered in an instant. Her scent grew stronger, and he trailed after it - though not without a hint of wariness at what their next meeting might bring. He did want to talk, and he wanted some kind of closure about.. everything. It was disappointing to know that he would get no additional news about anyone; he had hoped, for so long, that some of his children might still be alive, somehow. But that was something he no longer anticipated, not since she'd admitted to not seeing anyone but Inverno. And now he knew Asha was alive, too.

When he saw her, he felt his heart sink. She truly was as beautiful as ever. Regret filled him, again and again, like an overflowing puddle, and his face contorted slightly. He didn't know what to expect from this meeting today. Caelum had been clear in that she wasn't saying goodbye, not forever. They both needed time to collect their thoughts and to understand better how they felt, and how they wanted to proceed.

And yet suddenly he felt wildly unprepared again, and at a complete loss.

Her demeanor was far too sweet and fragile for him to deny. How could he be frustrated with such a lovely being? He caught the slight hint of a smile in her voice and saw her tail waving lightly behind her. His own lips twitched in the ghost of a smile as he faced her, taking a few long strides closer. Her words, though, caught him by surprise. The question? What question had she asked? For a long moment he wracked his mind, then recalled quite quickly that the first time she had seen him at their last meeting she had asked one simple question. Do you hate me?

His chest tightened and he cursed her silently for having such a tight hold on him. "I could never hate you," he admitted gently, only the slightest quiver touching his voice as his gaze found her own. Zephyr knew he could never truly hate her, no matter how angry and hurt he had been, and even if he blamed her for what had happened. Deep down he knew he had love in his heart for her, but to what extent he hadn't quite mapped out yet.

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-02-2017, 03:38 PM

She'd search the man's eyes, heart heavy with the emotions that seemed set on taking over again. But not this time. Plenty of time had gone by to allow her to find her composure, something she planned on maintaining through this meeting. What was it that her mother often said... Third try's a charm? Would they be able to keep it together long enough to really get something out of this? She was sure her thoughts were written all over her face and could only hope he was feeling the same.

Even though time had been given, she still felt rushed and unprepared now that she'd finally laid eyes on him again. She'd asked herself what she wanted out of this so many times it made her head hurt to even think about it one more time. All she'd ever come up with was that she needed him to know the truth about what happened, to regain some feeling that he trusted her again. Even though the love had not faded from his eyes, she knew as long as he believed she'd run away it was unlikely she'd feel like her really trusted her.

He moved closer, and his reply sent a soft pang through her chest. Her fragile smile grew ever so slightly, and yet also seemed to be even more precarious on her lips as though it might fall away if pushed by even a slight breeze. Goodness, he was as handsome as ever. This man left her craving his presence simply by being nearby. Unable to hold herself still Caelum trotted a bit faster than she meant to towards him, closing the rest of the distance before forcing herself to take a seat close by before she did something crazy like knocked him over and smothered him with affection. It seemed time and distance only made the heart grow fonder, despite the scars their past had left. With only a slight struggle she managed to limit herself to gently nuzzling his cheek while she closed her blue eyes and enjoyed the moment.

Stepping back the woman took a seat once more, pausing in a moment of uncertainty. Ears flicking back and forth , gaze dropping, she wondered where to begin but only for a second and then the uncertainty was replaced by irritation at her own indecisiveness. She was done worrying and being overwhelmed. Looking back up at the man who captured her heart she spoke up, "I feel the same way. You know... You're it for me Zeph. I could never love anyone like I love you, and I wouldn't want to. And in spite of everything... I don't feel like it's quite over..." Her voice trailed off, laced with nervousness. She didn't know what he wanted anymore. If he wanted her anymore. It was becoming clear to Caelum that what she wanted most was him. In the long time between their second and third meeting the woman forced herself to stop thinking about it, but now her feelings had been reawakened. There was just the matter of recovering from all that had transpired. How long would that take? Did he even want to fix things, or was he blindly stumbling through this like she had been until only moments ago.

"At least... I don't want to give up yet. We lost so much Zeph, I don't want to lose everything if I don't have to"

Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
01-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Caelum seemed stronger now, he could tell that right away. This was.. their third reunion now, he supposed he could call it. The first had been horrible for them both - neither had been even slightly composed, though both had unraveled in separate ways. Zephyr had seen Caelum as weak then, and had cast all the blame he could on her. The second time, they'd both been.. perhaps too nostalgic? They had fallen into one another, as though they were star-crossed lovers who were destined to meet again and he hadn't been able to control himself. He didn't know what their status was now, but he felt stronger, felt as though he was under control as he stood before her. He recognized too that her own strength was wildly attractive to him now; for the moment, any thought of who was to blame fell from his mind.

That didn't mean he felt totally clear-minded though, definitely not. Most of this still felt hazy and confusing, as hard as he tried to make sense of it all. Her smile, gentle and true, elicited an expression similar on his own grizzled features. His gaze locked on hers as she moved to sit by his side, lifting her head to nuzzle his cheek. His chest clenched painfully at the simple gesture, lifting his own snout to press it against her own.

Nothing could've prepared him for her next words, though. You're it for me. He'd thought, for a long time, that his life had been over without her. Losing her had affected him so strongly that he had reacted with such fiery hate and anger when seeing her again. Perhaps he hadn't ever looked for anyone else because deep down he had known too that she was the only for him. Either her -- or nobody. His brows pulled together as he listened, taking her words to heart and thinking of what he could possibly say.  "Should it be over?" he'd inquire warily, his voice soft, after a moment of thinking.  "Just because we want something doesn't mean it's good for us."  His voice was more wary than certain. He didn't know if this was the case but the words came without him bothering to stop them.

The raw honesty of her thoughts was surprising. She spoke of love, of the future. It was more than he had expected to talk about and he was momentarily stunned. He shifted his weight from one side of his body to the other.  "I.. don't want to give up either," he admitted softly.  "I just don't know where we start now, Cae." His voice had a bit of helplessness he didn't bother to hide as he eyed her cautiously.

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-10-2017, 06:33 PM

The warmth that she felt while they were in slight contact was something she never wanted to end. There was no doubt in her mind that he had her heart completely - a feeling that seemed to grow stronger with every interaction they had. Perhaps for a while her time with Inverno made her consider the idea that she could let go of her past, let go of any hope she had of returning to this relationship and fixing things, yet deep down she'd never truly let herself believe these things and she could not let go. That wasn't a bad thing in her mind. She didn't ever want to worry that she'd given up on something that could be saved, be it an individual, or a relationship that she'd nearly lost. Now was their chance, a fresh start - however tentative and fragile - was here before them and all they had to do was take hold of it.

At first she wanted to be hurt by his reply, face revealing the uncertainty that struck her plain as day. Then again, there was so much heavy stuff standing between the couple, it seemed like a mountain, or maybe several of them, stood between these wolves and any sense of wholeness they might hope to achieve. Shaking her head, Cae looked at him with pleading cyan eyes, hoping to see into his very mind if she just looked hard enough. Did he really feel that way? Sure they'd had more troubles than others... Not everyone experienced the kinds of things they'd experienced. But were their poor reactions to such adversity reason enough to give up on their being together, despite having promised to spend their lives together? Brows knit together as she searching gaze faded into a thoughtful frown.

His reaction to her last words answered the question, at least in her mind. The uncomfotable posture that seemed to realease some tension she had failed to see coupled with his admission... He really meant it. It seemed they were both at a loss for where to go next, and how they should repair the damage done. There was a pause as she considered how best to respond when she was in the same predicament. She wanted to try and salvage things so badly, but the tasks seemed monumental. After considerable pondering she slowly responded, "Well... I can't say if this is good or bad. There's so much that seems to stand between us, it feels overwhelming," She mused, hoping that thinking aloud and letting him hear her thought process might make the words come easier, "I can say that after not knowing what to do with myself, feeling so lost and helpless for so long, now that I've finally found you again I have a reason to keep trying. To better myself for not only my benefit but yours as well. I have this feeling like I've got something outside of my own survival to be thinking about and living for. Before I think I didn't try to compose myself, had no reason to want to be myself again. Since We've found each other again... I feel stronger and better for it. If that isn't good I don't know what is. So for me, despite all that leaves me hurting this is something I need." Her words had a weight to them, as though each was a rock falling from her maw with a thud onto the ground.

"And how we proceed... I don't really know. If we look at all that there is to do and say it seems like an impossible task, doesn't it?" She added quickly, a smirk tugging at one corner of her mouth. Having breifly thought of her mother before, she now found herself recalling her father. He was a stong man, and though he gave off the air of a tough guy when you first met him he was always so intelligent and amazed her with his insights into many issues. Features softening as she recalled these warm memories, Cae's tail tapped the ground tentatively. Whenever she felt lost it seemed like her parents managed to help her out, even if it was just through her memories of them, and that was something she was endlessly greatful to them for. She made a mental note to one day try and find out where they might be if that was possible, then she spoke with strong, certain words, "When we're faced with impossible tasks, it's easier to try and tackle the things that are possible about them first rather than the whole issue all at once, so it's less daunting and easier to accomplish." She announced this with a hopeful smile, standing up in her excitement. Her tone became a bit more serious when she added thoughtfully, "Maybe we start slow... Talk about the easy stuff. And try to see each other more, talk a little more and work things out as we go... Like when we met. We used to just see each other every so often, spend time together and stuff..." While Caelum wasn't sure what else to add, or if there was more they should do, she was glad that she'd at least tried to find a starting point. There was no sense in moping and worrying that they didn't know what to do. It was best to at least throw something out there, make an effort and see where things went.

Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
01-10-2017, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2017, 10:04 PM by Zephyr I.)
Zephyr wish he knew why this all was so difficult. He'd spent years building a life without Caelum. He'd been okay without her. That didn't mean he didn't spend part of each day wishing that things weren't back to how they had once been.. just that he was surviving. For so long he'd cried over her. The sadness had shifted to blame over time, and now all that was left was.. what?

Nothing but pure, aching confusion.

It was difficult - no, nearly impossible - to deal with now. At least, that was how it felt to him. But something inside him did want more. He didn't want to yell or to force her to run away from him, not really, even despite the nagging feeling in the back of his mind that warned him of losing grip on himself. He was strong. He'd gotten through this so far without her. He didn't need her now, but somehow she had enchanted him into wanting more. Part of him felt as helpless as he had when he'd first met her. Maybe he hadn't seemed as shaken up by his feelings for her when he'd been young, but he had been.. and he felt the same kind of lack of control now as he gazed at her.

He hadn't used the shortened version of her name in awhile. It fell easily off his tongue and instantly his face contorted, just slightly, to something that betrayed his sense of wariness. Her words resonated with him and he'd nod slowly, agreeing silently. It did feel overwhelming. But to hear that.. seeing him again gave her reason to keep trying.. made his chest clench, almost painfully. "Things are easier without you," he breathed softly. The words were honest, not meant to hurt - for he knew just because things were easier also didn't mean they were better. Wanting things didn't make them good, either. He didn't know whether to focus on what was best for him; or if he even had half a mind about what was best for him or not. His brows furrowed, expression tightening again as he sought to find words to express himself. It had never been a hard thing for him but now it seemed only silence came when he finally parted his jaws to speak.

She seemed so different now that, as she spoke, far more easily than he could seem to. Zephyr knew she was stronger.. he couldn't deny it, hearing her now. No longer did she cower or cry. She was simply speaking to him, as they used to. It brought back so many memories and he found his posture slackening without meaning to. She'd always spoken as an equal to him and it was strange now to have such little to say in response. Perhaps it was just that he had too much to say that it threatened to overtake him, and the only way to control his emotions was to start simple for now. "But.. I don't think you've known me to take the easy way out," he said, slowly, after a long moment of consideration, as his tail curled around his hindquarters. They'd faced enormous challenges in their lives together, and they'd conquered every one of them until that fateful day.

There was so much left to discuss and to face. Where he had been, and what he had been doing, was something he wasn't looking forward to discussing. Perhaps he didn't have to at all. But no.. she'd seen a change in him. Lying to her wouldn't be a good start. His gaze fell from hers, heart lurching at the smirk that tugged at her lips. "Starting with the small things.. sounds nice. By the way, my name's Zephyr," he'd quip lightly, trying to ease some of the tension. But he really did like her idea. Perhaps his heart much more than his mind, but fighting her was hard when her presence itself felt like sunlight on a winter day. He wished they could start over, in a sense, but he knew their stories were far too entangled to even pretend they could begin anew.

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-11-2017, 01:06 PM

It was strange how she could both be hurt and also accepting of the fact that what was once a bond they both treasured was now a monster they were reluctant to unleash on the rubble of their current lives, for fear it might further pain them both. She had the same mixed reaction to her suspicion that he'd built some kind of new life in their time apart. There was a twinge of jealousy at the idea that he'd found something to d with himself, which was more than Cae could say for herself, yet it was all washed away by a gladness that at least he'd seemed to get along relatively okay. She hated the idea of him being gripped by the kind of sadness she herself experienced after the attack.

Again she'd feel a tightness in her throat, body involuntarily trying to react with hurt and offense but she would not allow it. Knee-jerk reactions rarely did any good. Additionally, there was nothing fast about the conversation currently and she could see he had more in his head so she'd smooth the ruffled feathers and wait calmly, with minimal outward disturbance aside from a curious and expectant gaze while she awaited further words. The furrowing of his brows left her waiting with baited breath for further speech. Cae found it funny how they both seemed to have such power over each other, no matter how much time passed she doubted they'd ever stop effecting each other so strongly. It has been this way since day one, when an adventurous little Caelum had somehow stumbled upon the silly jokester of a youngster that had been Zephyr.

The words that followed his first soft words left her smiling brighter, batting playfully at his chest with her right paw, "Haha, true enough." At times such persistence may have been to his detriment, but still she'd always admired his ability to keep going. Hopefully his persistence would aid in all the healing that needed to be done between the two.

She didn't know how they'd get through all they still needed to bring up and discuss, but starting with just what seemed more possible was all she had. When he agreed Cae felt her heart beat a little harder for a moment, thumping in her chest so loud she thought he might hear it too. "Nice to meet ya Zephyr. You can call me Cae, my name's Caelum but I like just Cae." She replied, trying to get as close as she could to the way she'd introduced herself the first time while stifling a small giggle. Marching in a small circle around him, so close their sides would almost brush against each other as she passed, Caelum inspected him before adding, "You seem alriight... I suppose you can come exploring with me if you want." She couldn't even start to express how wonderful and painful the memories were. Before, when they were so young and so full of life things had been easier. Now even in jest there seemed to be a new weight to their words that brought a certain seriousness even to their playful joking. She could only hope that one day this would ease away and they could have a shot at what they had before.

Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
01-15-2017, 12:46 AM
They'd gone through too much to throw it all away. The fact that Zephyr had thought Caelum had been so willing to run - he'd seen her leave their home, after all, though later she'd said she was simply chasing one of the attackers - had made him angry back then. Angry enough to end it all, forever, by blaming her and hurting her enough to make her run away again. He didn't know then, or now, if he had intended for that to be their last meeting. Now, though.. making her leave now seemed like it might be far more painful than he could have anticipated.

He didn't know where to go from here, but it seemed like she had a better idea than he did. Since when had she gotten such.. confidence again? Though both of them seemed uncertain, but she seemed together in a way he hadn't seen in such a long time. He'd always been envious of how things seemed to come so naturally to her, though she could likely say the same about him. What he was less surprised by was the fact that her words seemed to wound her, slightly, despite his intentions otherwise. It was true - things were easier without her. They hadn't been for a long time, but now they were and if she disappeared again things would once again go back to being simple.

She seemed to have faith in him though that he wasn't just trying to hurt her. The next thing he knew, she leaned and lifted a paw to his chest, with a gentle laugh. The sound was like music to his ears. Zephyr found the smallest smile tugging at his own lips, and for a moment he felt as though he'd gone back in time a few years and everything was back to how it had once been. He knew it was far from true. The past couldn't be erased, no more than it could be altered, but it was nice to pretend for a moment.

A soft murmur fell from his lips at her words, and he found his tail swatting gently at the ground he sat upon.  "Caelum's a pretty name," he offered, voice far more smooth than he intended. Zephyr, too, tried to remember the exact day they'd first met. They'd been so young and full of life then - any reenactment of that would pale terribly in comparison. Though he couldn't remember the exact words said that day, he did remember how she'd made him feel. He'd been drawn to her the first day they'd met; how could he ever forget that feeling? "Just alright, hm?" He'd ask after a moment, amusement flashing in his eyes as he studied her, pulling back slightly. "Do you dare trust yourself in the company of a stranger who is merely... alright?" Zephyr asked, his voice full of light jest now.  "What if I lead you astray on this exploration you speak of?"  The male rose a single brow in inquiry, wondering how she might react.. and feeling as though some of the burden of the past had been temporarily lifted from his shoulders, if but for a moment.

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-15-2017, 10:17 PM

She was glad. Glad that this was turning out to be a much more tame and friendly meeting than the ones before, and that she apparently could still elicit the ghost of a smile on his lips, something she was glad she'd noticed. The direction this was going in was one that she was intrigued by as they both played along, breathing new life into memories that had long been collecting invisible dust in the back of their minds. Sure it wasn't an exact replica of the words they'd used and the location had few similarities to the one this had originally happened in but it still brought up flashes of what she recalled from that first meeting. It was both pleasant and strangely haunting.

She grinned at his reply, ears filled with the sound of his tail hitting the ground. She hadn't realized how much she missed making him look happy. There were times when she'd find a frowning man and leave him smiling and it always made her heart sing to know she'd been able to brighten him up. Eyeing him a moment she added, "Thanks. I guess Zephyr is a pretty good name too. What's it mean?" She knew she'd asked that at some point, though whether it was in this conversation or not escaped her for the moment, so she turned her attention to his following words, one ear flicking towards him while the other rested to the side.

He'd hardly asked his first question before she very seriously nodded, confirming that he was in fact just alright. The following words made her smile even more, though she contained herself for the sake of a measured response. Moving way a few feet she hopped up onto one particularly large tree root that , balancing on it carefully with tail held out fo balance. Then she turned to him and answered, "Well, that's why you aren't leading, you silly wolf. I will be the leader, because I know this place better and I know what needs exploring." And with that she's leap off the other side and bounded a short distance away. Turning back to look over her shoulder she called, "Cmon, unless you're scared of gettin' lost!"

[Image: caelum_bottle_by_jinxx_black-dbakmat.png]

Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
01-15-2017, 11:36 PM
Zephyr wasn't trying to think about this, but what if avoiding what they needed to talk about was a bad thing? There was so much to discuss - so much left unsaid. There were a dozen things he could apologize for. He'd blamed her for all those deaths, had called her weak, had said he was better off without her. He often found himself retracing his words lately, back to that day, and trying to figure out where it had all come from and what he wished he hadn't said. Maybe they really ought to deal with the hard things first. To sit and scream, to cry, to blame. But that was also the difficult part, and the part that threatened to ruin them both every time it seemed to come. Avoidance was not the best coping mechanism, but it was better than nothing, and it seemed ignoring their pain was the easiest for them to do right now.

His own smile widened, a genuine expression that seemed more effortless than he expected. She asked what his name meant and the nostalgia hit him, sudden and unmistakable. Hadn't she asked him that the day they'd met? "It means.. west wind,"  Zephyr explained, his voice soft as he watched her. He'd named their pack after himself, a fact that not everyone had known. It had been a sign of his pride, there was no doubt about that, but  no other name had felt right.

He watched with plain interest as she moved away from him, a smile teasing his own lips, fighting to overtake his features. Zephyr didn't remember a time when he'd felt so enraptured by anyone, so weak to his own whims. "If you're so insistent about it, I suppose I'll follow you," he offered, feigning an exasperated sigh as she bounded away from him. After a moment he started after her, his pace slow and considerably more relaxed than it had been just moments ago when he'd been navigating through the woods. "What's in it for me, hmm?"  Zephyr called after her as her pace increased, amusement in his voice, as he bounded after her.

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-17-2017, 11:45 PM

Though she did worry that putting off the difficult subjects wasn't in their best interest Cae also decided that it would be better to not push things too soon. They didn't have the best track record so far trying to discuss these things and well... If she was being honest with herself she figured they needed the time to get used to one another again, to become familiar again so it wasn't like talking to someone totally estranged anymore. Letting out a soft huff she sent the thoughts away since she far preferred to feel happy than to worry about what she was going to do and how it could go wrong.

Heart fluttering at the sight of his widened grin, Cae's eyes closed slightly while she enjoyed hearing his reply. Ah yes, west wind... Those were words she used to head fairly frequently in reference to the pack they had made together all those years ago. Sure it was a bit painful to hear those words again, but it was a welcome sort of pain that left her chest hurting in an oddly nostalgic way. How she did yearn for the past. She still remembered giving him a hard time for coming up with that name. Still, she'd really liked it and could never think of something she liked more and so it stuck. Eyes opened fully and she only smiled in reply before she'd moved off, taking them on an adventure to who knew where.

A chuckle rose from her dark lips, followed by teasing words, "Suppose? Well if you're going to be that way I bet I can find someone back home who will follow gladly!" She declared over her shoulder. Turning back to plot out her path Cae ran up and down slopes covered in tangled underbrush and roots, spindly ivory legs sending her flying over the ground at a moderate pace so she wouldn't lose him. Stopping at the top of one little hill, she'd hop onto a tall decaying stump and look down towards Zeph with a smirk, "What's in it for you? Why, fun and a grand adventure, what more could one want? Treasure? Why that would all go away eventually. It's the memories that stick you know." Her voice turned a bit quite for a moment - the memories in question returning to her briefly and causing her to continue yearning for simpler times long gone. It lasted but a moment and she returned to her happier state, moving to search her surroundings with her neck craning to see all around and paws lifting so she stood on her toes. Once satisfied she hopped down from her high perch, loping towards Zeph and pausing to slide real close to his side, whispering, "Did you know there's a terrible monster that lives near here? I bet we can find it's den if we look hard enough."

Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
01-18-2017, 05:58 PM
Zephyr had learned to be rather adaptable over the years. He'd never have to be that way when he and Caelum had run their pack, but being alone was far more difficult, and often led to drastic measures. Right now, he felt that way.. that maybe just going along with things was easier, and safer, than doing what he knew they really should be doing. Talking about where they'd both been, about how they'd both acted that day. He knew the time would come, it had to.. they couldn't just forget their history together. But he was happy to put it aside for now. Already his heart felt lighter, and he smiled easier, something he hadn't done for a long time.

Her laugh caused one of his own to erupt, a soft chuckle that fell from his lips with ease. "Oh, I think I can comply, if you're so insistent about it," Zephyr grumbled after a moment, though his voice was full of jest. Caelum had been the one wolf he had always been okay with following. Even now, he trusted her, more than he wished he did. Her pace seemed to be increasing, so his did in turn, hoping he could keep up with her as she plowed through the underbrush. Roots of trees seemed like they were longing to snag his paws, though he maintained his balance as they went. "Why are you so confident you could find another handsome brute to follow you? Think you're pretty or something?"

He was falling quickly into the trap she likely didn't even know she had set for him. Loving her had always been so easy, despite all the pain he had gone through. His heart yearned for her - and for now, he followed its will, weaving through the trees after her without thinking. She'd found a hill now it seemed, and he felt his chest heaving just slightly as they neared the top. She mentioned adventure, and treasure, but said the memories were what mattered. If only the good ones could outweigh the bad, and he wasn't sure if that was the case for him anymore. Perhaps that was why he'd forced her away last time. But he smiled nonetheless at her, a softer smile now, as she searching their surroundings.

She was only on her perch for a moment before hopping down to his side, and lightly he would turn toward her, his snout grazing her cheek. "A monster?"  He'd ask, feigning a bit of worry. "Tell me more about this.. monster,"  Zephyr started, brows pulling together in concern. "Do you think we'll have to fight it?"  

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-24-2017, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017, 10:22 PM by Caelum.)

This interaction was a welcome relief from her previous stress and worry over difficult topics. It was so much easier, so much more enjoyable to simply let themselves reminisce. There was no reason to make things more complicated or pretend they didn't have time to drag the skeletons out of their closets - they had all the time they needed and Caelum intended to use it wisely and not rush into the tough stuff this time. She was glad to have the beginnings of a plan for once in her life.

His grumbling reply amused her, the joking tone contributing further to her new-found good mood. This was heavenly. She laughed once more at the next comment, her voice light with this sense of peace and a new ease came with the words that slipped off her tongue as she raced through the tangled plant life "Another You seem quite confident that I've currently found someone to match that description, hm?" She shot back with a toothy grin, "Pretty enough I suppoose... Maybe this handsome brute agrees?" Cae had to admit that she enjoyed the banter. It wasn't always her go to form of conversation, but she was more than capable of a little back and forth and this particular exchange was a welcome source of entertainment.

For a moment before she replied to his next words she paused to survey the area once more and decide where she'd go next. There was a particular location she was searching for in her haphazard running - she just had to, well, find it. Hopefully Zephyr would enjoy the place and the walk to get there. If only this was what it was like all the time. Enjoyable company, fun exchanges, and someone to go with her to all manner of interesting places. Just like when they were younger.

A pale ear flicked back towards him and she replied slowly, "Oh yes, the wolves around here say all sorts of sinister creatures roam this forest. The one we're looking for is quite fearsome, no one's seen it up close and come back alive you know." Her words were hushed, an air of seriousness taking over as she spoke. It was only afterwards that she broke into a smile and jumped around to face him, sliding down into a crouch, "Of course we will! If you see it you have to fight to make it out alive! Which is why for this task I need a brave warrior to go with me, to slay the beast," She followed this with a leap forward, slashing the air in front of him with one of her front paws, pretending to fight an invisible monster, "And then we will take it's lair for ourselves. It's the perfect location..." trailing off she was reminded of what she'd said when they were first heading off on that beginning adventure that started it all... the perfect location, for a fearsome pack. Of course that place now so far away hadn't been where they ended up living. But still it reminded her of days gone by and the pack they actually did make. Hopping back to a standing position she shook her head to clear her thoughts and began trotting off in a new direction, sure this would take her where she wanted to go and motioning for him to follow.

As she walked she began to hum softly to herself, repeating part of a song she'd nearly forgotten about over the years. Her mother used to sing often and Caelum was sad to realize she'd lost some of those memories over time. Soon she came to a slight rise, which several feet ahead of her would dip and turn I to a lengthy slope. Nestled into the hill on the other side was the entrance to an old den. She would slowly lay down, observing the terrain ahead quietly until she turned to Zephyr and whispered, "It's just ahead. Whaddya think, brave enough to go in with me?

Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
02-03-2017, 10:57 PM
It seemed there was a sliver of light in the darkness -- it illuminated Caelum's lovely face, filling his heart with an undeniable warmth. He felt suddenly years younger, felt as though much of the pain that he had carried with him for years had suddenly been lifted, and though he knew the relief was temporary at best he would hang on to it for dear life.

He remembered how good it felt to make her smile. Not that he'd ever tried intentionally to hurt her, but seeing her smile grow made his heart flutter in his chest. "I may have been told once or twice that I'm handsome," he admitted, feigning a serious tone. "Don't tell me a pretty woman such as yourself disagrees?" He answered her question slyly, letting another smile tug at the corners of his mouth. Zephyr had always enjoyed teasing her; he had always been able to make her lose her composure with words alone.

He loped after her with ease. For the first time in a long time, he felt truly alive. Even walking felt somehow easier, his joints less stiff and his head suddenly clearer. He decided to embrace the easiness for now, despite knowing it wouldn't last. Tomorrow would probably be harder, but they'd tackle that then.

He flicked an ear at her words. A sinister creature, hmm? "I see," he mused thoughtfully, wondering what sort of scheme she had brewing in her mind. "I suppose if you deem me fit for such a task, I could take time out of my busy day to help you conquer this beast." A smile appeared again as she leaped toward him, tail waving lightly behind him.

With that, she led him away again, in a different direction this time. He only partially caught her humming beneath her brother; he'd forgotten how soothing her voice was, especially in the rare moments he'd caught her singing, but he remembered quite quickly. With ease he followed her up the hill, crouching down to his belly too as he peered with squinted eyes in that direction. "I think I can muster the courage. Dare I ask what sort of foe I might be facing?" He really had no idea what she was plotting, and he raised a brow as he turned to eye her inquisitively.

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
02-07-2017, 11:05 PM

She chuckled at his reply, certain that she herself may have occasionally flattered him with compliments once in a while in days gone by, and that he'd been on the receiving end of such flattery more than once or twice - and probably enjoyed it more than he'd admit. At least, that was what she thought. Even now she had to admit he was as good looking as ever. But when he teased her with that sly tone and the whisper of a smile she turned slightly away, looking sidelong at him and only offering a soft, Maybe... before scampering off a ways and sticking her tongue out at him.

The sense of freedom that came with running through the woods unhindered was a feeling she relished, briefly closing her eyes and savoring this happiness. She grinned at his uncertain reaction to her story of the beast. Mostly she was making things up as she went, though it wasn't untrue that some wolves seemed to think aggressive creatures could reside in these woods. She'd shrug it off for now though and leave his remarks unanswered.

As they sat hunkered down together she could tell he'd yet to notice their destination. It wasn't easy to spot if you didn't know it was there though, she'd found it entirely on accident the first day but now Cae was glad she had something interesting to share. In a hushed tone she replied, "You need only know it's a monstrous beast. I haven't a clue what it looks like. But fear not, noble warrior, I'm certain we can slay it together. She wasn't sure if he'd notice the mischief in her eyes and voice, but she was glad he'd followed her even without knowing what she was up to. Slinking forward still in a crouch the pale girl made her way carefully forward, slinking through the undergrowth on silent paws, slowing to a stop every once in a while, ears flicking to and fro though it was mostly for dramatic effect and her own amusement. They'd press onward quietly, Cae stepping over a small trickle of water that was sometimes a creek when she hit the bottom of the slope, and then it was up the other side and straight on to the destination.

When she reached the entrance, a sliver of an opening that was only just wide enough for a wolf to pass through, Cae slowed to a stop and whispered, "Hold on a second... then she'd dart into the dark opening, disappearing in a heartbeat. Walking through the darkness carefully she let her eyes adjust to the low light and sniffed the air to ensure it was still unoccupied. Maybe she should have done that before prancing right up to the entryway... But, with no smell of wolf aside from the now very stale remnants of her own scent from her last visit she'd conclude it was more than safe. Turning back she'd call to Zephyr, "Come on! It's really cool in here! No sooner had the words left her lips than the sound of shuffling paws was heard from the back of the den space. Cyan eyes flicked towards the direction but she wasn't quite fast enough and soon a family of hares went leaping towards the exit in a panic. Cae gasped, startled by their sudden unexpected appearance. Soon she was laughing at herself, both embarrassed and amused that rabbits had managed to frighten her.

"Maybe the beast wasn't as scary as it was said to be." She mused, still laughing a bit. Then she'd perk up and add, "There was something I wanted to show you Zeph! It's a bit further in though." Walking further into the dark space she'd run her nose along one wall to help herself find where there was a hidden tunnel leading further down, small enough that she had to crouch a bit to walk down it but when she reached the end they'd come to a spectacular sight; the tunnel opening into a second large den space, this one with small hold in the roof in the center of it, letting beams of light filter in. Though that part of the roof had eroded a touch, the rest of it was fine and the space was large, with walls made of several layers of different colored soils, made all the more enjoyable to look at by the soft light. Caelum grinned and pranced about the space, "Whatchya think? Pretty, right?

Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
02-15-2017, 09:46 AM
Things had been so easy for them, once upon a time. It was strange to feel that same sort of easiness in Caelum's company again, after being away from her for so long. They had moved along in life with few complications, up until that fateful day -- deemed quite easily the worst day of his life. Sure, they had their ups and downs, but they had always worked through things with such clarity. It was enjoyable to have a piece of that life back, if but for a short while.

The feeling of such freedom was quite welcomed. The cool wind rustling his fur, as they wove between trees that seemed to spring up haphazardly from the earth, over tangled roots and vegetation beneath their paws. He missed moving so freely, without care, thoughts of anything beyond the present moment slipping from his mind.

He was amused at her seriousness as they crouched at the peak of the hill. Truthfully, he wasn't sure there was really any monster.  He marveled at how she still took him by surprise, even after so many years. It was truly hard to tell if she was just teasing him, or if there was some kind of creature she wanted him to dispose of.. surely it wasn't as dire as she made it sound, but with her, he couldn't quite tell. His tail swatted gently at the earth as he squinted, looking into the distance. "Hmm," he murmured thoughtfully, eyeing her as she started to slink forward.

Only hesitating for a moment, he trailed after her, keeping a keen eye on what lay ahead of them. Once they reached the entrance of the cavern, pausing at her command. His ears perked, interest shining in his eyes as she invited him in. "Coming!" he called after her, his posture slackening considerably as he headed after her. Zephyr was a bit startled by Caelum's own surprise, and he took a step back instinctively. Not long after, he snorted loudly, loud laughter leaving his throat. "Don't tell me that you thought a couple hares were a terrifying monster," he chortled, grinning more widely now at her mistake. "I would have slain them for you, but it's bad practice to scare off your prey before going in for the kill. You didn't make it that easy for me."

Still, it seemed there was something else she wanted to show him. Still laughing softly from her mistake, he continued after her, curious as to what else she had in store. This place was considerably bigger than he'd expected it to be from the outside, and his interest grew as they moved deeper into the space. It was quite a lovely space, with light shining from above and spreading a gentle light over the earth. "It's nice," he agreed, able to recognize what she saw in this place, even if he wasn't necessarily the type to usually notice such things, but it was easier with Caelum's direction. "Have you been staying here?" This place smelled like her, and he couldn't help but wonder what she'd been up to in the brief time they had been apart now.

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
02-19-2017, 05:11 PM

Whisking him off on an adventure so suddenly reminded Cae of days gone by. They'd had so many good times, and she'd hoped they could start to make more of those memories again, even if it took some time. There was no one she'd rather spend her life with. It was just so difficult to overcome all that happened. Luckily, the feeling of exploring with him right behind would gradually wash her resurfacing worries away.

She swatted in his direction with a paw, glaring playfully at him, "Okay, I won't tell you that! Good thing too, because I'm not that silly," she declared with a huff. Truth be told, she'd been smelling a young Mountain Lion in the area off and on, but she hadn't expected it to make an appearance anyways. She'd left plenty of evidence of her presence in the area, hoping to discourage other animals from hanging around. Of course she'd been gone for a while and it seemed the hares had not been put off. Hopping towards him in a play bow she'd nip at his chest and shoot back, You'd have slain one, maybe. And besides, I thought you could handle a bit of a challenge, hm? Or maybe not..."

She'd pranced her way to the other room, glad they could still enjoy one another. She didn't expect him to always see what she saw as Caelum did have a way of being amazed by even the simplest beauties. It had taken a while to understand way back when that sometimes she held appreciation for things others didn't always understand, and that was okay. Her smile widened when he agreed with her though, an expression that slowly melted into one of nonchalance at his question. Sitting next to a small puddle in the middle of the space she lapped at it before answering, looking at him out of the corner of her eye, "I may have been... For a while. Things have been a bit," she paused as she searched for the words, brow furrowing, "I dunno. I've uhm, started having some bad dreams again. So I stayed here for a while. It felt nice to have a den again. But then I left for a while to go try and explore some more. I was just coming back when we met up." The words 'bad dreams' hardly covered it. Every so often she had horrible nightmares since the attack. They'd been getting better over time, but reconnecting with him seemed to stir up a lot in her; sometimes she wondered if she'd ever start to fully heal. Distractions were nice, like today, yet it didn't make the root of the problem go away. Nothing would make it go away. And she had to learn to accept it.

Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
02-22-2017, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2017, 10:18 PM by Zephyr I.)
Something that she'd done, or that she'd set, had seemed to make part of the composure he'd been holding on to -- the more logical part of him that knew they could not return to the days of their youth, and knew they ought to confront all that had happened before anything else -- had wavered. His facade had splintered, and each moment that passed seemed to make it harder to hold on to. Something akin to genuine happiness flickered in his sea-green eyes, the smile that tugged at his lips was hard to shake. "And," he started again, putting emphasis on the word, "If you were hungry, all you had to do was ask for me to get you a snack instead of trying to coerce me into it. I would happily hunt a few of those fearsome bunnies for a lady such as yourself. That is... if another pretty one didn't beat you to asking." Behind him, his tail waved, clearly quite amused at his own banter as well as hers.

His amusement only grew as she nipped at his chest, surprised at her retort. "Fine then," he huffed, feigning a bit of annoyance. He lifted a single paw, batting at her cheek gently. "Don't ask me to slay any monsters in the future, if you doubt my prowess as a fearsome warrior. I wouldn't want to prove you wrong and embarrass you."

His gaze roved over the spacious area she'd led him to, thoughtful for a moment, letting silence settle over him as the mood shifted to something less playful and more serene. Though watching her was more enjoyable, and he eyed her as she sat and answered him. She'd been having.. bad dreams? His brows furrowed a bit, something tugging at his chest. He could relate to wanting a place to call home again; it'd been a long time since he'd been truly comfortable anywhere, for long at least. Much like her, it seemed. Part of him wished he could tell her he knew the dreams she spoke of -- he'd experienced them for so long and only recently had he been able to mostly block out those images. The memories, though, they never truly faded. They only grow easier to ignore.

Her thoughts had grown more somber, and he regretted asking her about this place at all. Pretending nothing had ever happened between them other than the good things was easier and far more enjoyable. Frowning slightly now, he moved to sit at her side, tentatively leaning to let his snout press into the fur of her neck. "I.. know the kind of dreams you mean," Zephyr admitted, though his words were audibly hesitant, as though such a thing was painful to admit. "Sometimes being awake is so much easier. I hated sleeping for a long time after..." Had.. he just said that? He exhaled slowly, pulling his head away from her as he glanced toward the way they had entered the den, hoping that the moment would slip away from them as easily as it had come but knowing it wasn't quite that simple.

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
02-23-2017, 11:32 PM

She's stopped noticing how easy it was. Just letting things flow, letting go of her anxieties and enjoying the moment was a far more attractive option than dwelling on what upset her normally. She liked seeing him smile again, liked how naturally things were coming together in a peaceful and enjoyable moment on a fine day. Spring was here, she was happy, and he was talking to her like he used to almost. Finding something to complain about was near impossible, not that she had any desire to attempt such a thing.

She flicked her tail at him and his teasing, huffing loudly as if exhasperated, though she really was enjoying the back and forth. "Darling, you'd hardly embarass me. I'd love to be proven wrong, if you were up to the task of doing so, that is." she called with a smirk.

She liked this place a lot, finding it had been a blessign when she found herself afraid to shut her eyes at night, always dreading the darkness and the memories that surfaced in it. Having a nice warm den had been good, it felt more homey than where she'd been sleeping before - though it could never feel like home. But now, after having not seen Inverno in some time, she felt like she needed the comfort of a homey space more than ever. Of course now that Zephyr was hanging around maybe she wouldn't feel so alone anymore. One could hope, anyways.

Hering the sound of his paws as he drew near, she wanted to look at him and smile and pretend her worries had faded. Maybe this was part of healing though. Letting it out when you  most wanted to ignore the bad feelings. The more she stuffed her emotions down the more they resurfaced. "For a while I just didn't sleep. It's just..." she trailed off, unsure how to express that being awake was sometimes the only hing that kept her sane and safe from the darkness of her own mind. A soft sigh snaked it's way from her lips before she knew what was happening. An automatic response to the feeling of his touch; she'd always enjoyed having him close by, the closer the better. Cae would never admit it, but she lived for snuggles and warm and closeness. A rounded ear flicked in his direction to catch his words, heart growing heavy in her chest as the talk grew more somber in the flick of a tail. Pressing her face into the fur of his chest she sat there a moment, just letting the quiet settle between them, secretly glad that they were here in this moment no matter how many ups and downs there were.

"Stay with me..."

Icy blue eyes gazed up at him, the words having slipped from her mouth before she knew what she was saying. "Please," she pleaded softly, "Stay here with me... for... a while. I need someone to stay with me, I need you to be here." Caelum pressed closer to him, not sure why she was suddenly feeling so needy and vulnerable.