Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
01-01-2017, 01:59 PM

Karabela was standing in a field of rippling silver grass, punctuated by bright red poppies. Above her the cloud filled sky stirred and rippled as she blinked her golden eyes, trying to get her bearings. She felt weightless and extremely heavy at the same time. Dizzy and clear like she was caught just in the realm between sleep and wakefulness in a living dream. Karabela tried to speak and as she did found her voice slipped into the air and faded into silence as if she'd been whispering. Where was she? How did she get here? She felt herself starting to panic and as she gazed out at the horizon she saw only shadow.

"Karabela?"

Karabela turned and froze, unable to believe what she was seeing.

"Speech"

[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-01-2017, 02:17 PM

Dægmar was boundless, her essence reaching through space and time until something tickled at her mind.  She felt something, something important had entered the realms in between.  Such things were not of her interest, not normally.  However, this time she recognized something that stirred in her long forgotten feelings and her eyes widened, taking in the presence.  

"Karabela?"

She stood in a field in one of the realms between and stares at the form of her daughter, feeling both joy and sorrow.  Joy at being reunited with her daughter but sorrow in that if Karabela was here… did it mean she was… dead?

"Speech"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
01-01-2017, 03:15 PM

Time stopped. Karabela stared at the image of her mother that flicked and shifted like smoke one minute then seemed solid and warm and inviting the next. She felt tears well up in her eyes and before she knew it she was racing toward the specter certain she'd pass right through but willing to try anyway and a sob chocked out of her throat as she met warm fur and solid form. Karabela was sobbing. "I…. m-mother is it r-r-really you?" She didn't bother to contemplate what this meant and instead nuzzled the comforting form of a loved one long past. "What is going on? How are you here? Where am I?"

"Speech"

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-01-2017, 03:19 PM

Dægmar sighed with relief as she felt her daughters form nuzzling her shoulder. She knew immediately that her daughters spirit was still in the land of the living and that her consciousness was what was visiting the realm between. "Hush, child, hush now I know there is a lot to take in. You are in one of the realms between, on the border of Somnium, a realm of the dead. I do not know how you came to be here but I doubt it is merely by chance. Come, walk with me."

Dægmar turned and began to walk away, pausing to assure that her daughter was following before she continued. "You must be troubled… tell me daughter, what is on your mind?"

"Speech"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
01-01-2017, 03:20 PM

Karabela hesitated to pull away and kept close to her mother as the woman walked through the strange land this… realm between… this borderland to Somium. Part of her was certain she was dreaming but another part of her wondered if perhaps this was indeed reality. "I… I visited your grave… and Aksel's and something struck me on the head and I woke up here. Mother…" Karabela moved to stand in front of Dægmar, tears still stinging her eyes. "I w-wanted you to know how sorry I am. If I hadn't gone to the Red Forest, If I hadn't-" Her voice caught in her throat and she looked away. "I don't know if you can ever forgive me but I wanted you to know, that I'm sorry and that if I could take it back I would." She only wanted to make Dægmar proud.

"Speech"

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-01-2017, 03:23 PM

Dægmar pulled closer to her daughter, trying to quiet the girls words at first but ultimately just letting her get her fears out in the open. "Karabela, my love, listen to me. I'm not angry with you, I never was and I never will be. Fate will move as it will and I would rather you live boldly, I would rather you explore and live like a warrior than hide in your den like a timid mouse." She reached out to lick Karabela's cheek. "It was simply my time and I want you to know that I am proud of you. I see you have been busy in the mortal world. To think I would have an alphess for a daughter." She chuckled. Tipping her head she gazed at the moon. "Our time is waning though. It is not good for a mortal to linger in the realms between. If you stay to long you won't be able to leave. Karabela… are you happy?"

"Speech"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
01-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Karabela's chin quivered and she closed her eyes taking in her mothers scent and warmth as she let the woman's reassuring words wash over her. She grinned slightly at the mention of her alphaship but at the same time a sudden bolt of truth hit her as she realized that she had founded the pack primarily to make her mother proud, not that Dægmar had ever expected that sort of thing from her. She supposed it just made her feel like she was making a difference in the world, like she might be remembered for something but did it truly make her happy?

Karabela pulled away. "I… am content. Ivory Ridge is a challenge and there are moments I hate being an alpha. There are moments I hate being tied down. I miss being able to wander free and perhaps I started such practices because I wanted to break from my past but I really feel that I was happiest when I could wander as I willed… and yet, it has it's moments. I feel like I've made a home for myself where there wasn't one before…." She trailed off, uncertain what to say.

"Speech"

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-01-2017, 03:25 PM

Dægmar took in her daughters words and she felt the moonlight on her back and she felt it tickle her mind and bring with it portents and mysteries. She leaned out to caress her daughters cheek. "The road before you will be full of twists and turns but never doubt that I am proud of you. Live by your convictions, understand that every downfall brings with it a rising and do not be surprised if at an end you find yourself once again at a beginning. I love you Karabela… always… we'll meet again."

"Speech"