size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Mammoth HunterDouble MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
01-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Who the hell can see forever?

Brandr eyed the briar patch that lay before him and debated if it would really be worth the hassle to go through it or if he should just try to find a way around. He gazed to the left and right of him and it seemed the briar stretched on for miles. Crap. He crouched, his hind limbs bunching under him before he launched himself straight up to see if he could see how wide the briar was but no luck. Thorns and brambles as far as the eye could see! Ugh, he should just turn back. That was what he told himself as he started forward anyway, carefully manuevering himself in and….

"Ow, ow, ow, ow…. no screw this." He quickly backed out. It wasn't going to happen. He was to dam big to be trying this sort of stunt. Brandr sat with a huff, his tail slapping the ground. He hated it when his adventuring was thwarted. Maybe he just needed to find a less thorny patch to try pushing through first?

Kaecious

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
01-19-2017, 10:05 AM

Kaecious had spent the better part of his morning trying to work his way around this absurdly large patch of nonsense. I mean honestly, what kind of merciful gods would ever place something like this upon the earth. It was unfair, it was cruel, it was... What was that? Kae squinted off into the distance, trying to discern if that rock was actually a... Yes, that was definitely a wolf. He sighed and threw a quick look over his shoulder. Kaeci was loathe to turn around and go back all the way he'd come, but he also didn't particularly want to interact with another. Eventually he sighed, steeling himself, and kept moving forward.

As Kaeci drew nearer to the male, he started to realize that he was likely just as frustrated by the obstacle as he was. There was a tension in his shoulders that spoke of frustration, and Kae didn't blame him one bit. "Lovely day to get your fur snagged out, huh?" he asked in a gentle voice. Kaeci was not the sort of male to make an entrance, and he was more than happy to test the waters from a safe distance. If the male wanted to flee, he was more than welcome to. If he wanted to start shit, well, then at least Kaeci would have that same head start, right? One could hope, anyways.

"Talk" "You" Think

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

01-20-2017, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2017, 09:27 PM by Brandr.)

Making up his mind to find a way through this briar Brandr continued to poke and paw at a potential path only to shuffle back sore a moment later.  To make matters worse his stomach started to growl.  Ahhhh man!  He eyed the birds that flitted about the briar but doubted he'd ever be able to catch any of them, especially when they were so well protected by the foliage.  Being a hunter was harder than he'd thought.  If only he could find some sort of teacher.  Huffing Brandr got to his feet only for a voice to startle him sideways and into a particularly thorny patch.  "Eeeeeeyow!"  He yelped and shuffled back away from the briar swearing under his breath before turning to star at the man that had just emerged from part of the Briar.

He eyed the man cautiously before nodding slowly.  "Oh yes…. terrific.  I don't know what rotten spirit put this briar here but I spit upon it."  He took aim and spat on the nearest vine finding some solace in the pitiful gesture before turning back to the man.  "Did uh…. did you just walk through all this?"

Kaecious

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
01-26-2017, 04:58 PM

Kaecious' appearance seemed to startle the other male. Kaeci winced as the stranger flinched into a thorny patch and came away yowling. The pale male let lose a volley of curses before rounding on him, flustered but not necessarily mad... he hoped. The man cursed whatever spirit might have put this in their path, and Kaeci couldn't help but agree. "Something mercurial and spiteful," he agreed with a dismal nod. "And I've been sticking to the thinnest patches I can, and the edges when i have to. I think at this point I'll just be walking the long way around." It just wasn't worth the struggle, or the pain. And besides, it wasn't like he had anywhere to be.

Kaeci turned back to look over his shoulder. He had a good idea of where he had spent the last few days, but everything beyond that was blurring into something unrecognizable. He could have been going in circles for all he knew. He tried to come up with a few ways he might ask the other male to point him on direction or another, but each time the phrasing sounded odd in his ears. "If you don't mind," he began weakly, "I'm searching for a specific place, but I've gotten a bit turned around. Do you know the area well?" Best to get it all out there, right? Besides, who knew! Perhaps this wolf would finally be able to help him.

"Talk" "You" Think

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

02-03-2017, 06:52 PM

Brandr blinked. "What is mercurial?" He supposed it meant something similar to spiteful. The stranger had an unusual manner of speaking, something that seemed to suggest noble birth if the wolves of Solís had been anything to go by though he had been quite young when he'd travelled with an emissary to meet them. Those lessons seemed so long ago. Brandr was suitably awed by the man's moxie as he explained that he'd been sticking to the thinnest patches of the briar but it seemed that walking the long way around was just as good an option. "Yea, at this point I think I may just go around. Beats getting all cut up just to save some time."

Brandr's ears flattened a little as the man stated that he was searching for a specific place. Not another one! The boy hated to disappoint others and this would be the second wolf asking him for directions when he was good and lost himself. Brandr shrugged. "Um… I can try. I don't know the area that well though, I just got to this continent myself. What kind of land is it?"