ardent

electric feel

Fortune

gems
size
build
player
02-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Fortune doesn't much like leaving home. Maybe that's why she doesn't go... too far. Still, the fishing would be good out here. The fishing was never bad, after all. Early summer floats around her shoulders, carrying a sort of intoxication in the air. The smell before rain. The smell before rain, the blood in her veins. It's fantastic, and her heart is beating. She is generally measured, generally stolid, generally steady.

She'd come to the Whistling Willows to scope things out, to fish. Instead, she finds herself exploring. Exploring, breathing, making her way around. Not so far from Lirim as to be uncomfortable. Close enough to be almost home in a heart beat, taking in the sights and sounds of spring fading into summer. Something had to happen. Something had to be going on.

Water running, frogs calling, and the wind in the willows. The wind on her back, and the electric scent that said rain was close on the horizon.

Bring it on.

fortune
shock & awe

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
04-10-2017, 06:13 PM

The full heat of summer was upon them and Faite had been driven to try and find shade where she could. Both the valley and the willows were good spots, but she did have to admit that the willows had a certain charm to it that called to her. The body of water there was perfect to cool off in and eventually she planned to take her children there to learn how to swim. It was a perfect learning spot with the added bonus of getting to view lily pads and perhaps even trying to catch some frogs.

It was where she was headed now save for the fact that she hadn't drug her children along with her. A soft breeze ruffled her fur and it wasn't long before she changed her direction slightly. She'd scent Fortune on the breeze and she directed her route to follow her cousin. Perhaps, together, they could find something to occupy their free time. It wasn't often Faite got to enjoy herself without kids or pack duties to attend to.

She caught up to Fortune easily enough. A lazy smile pulled across her face and her tail waved back and forth. "Hey there. Decided on a new adventure today? I'm sure the pack lands are getting rather dull."

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: x638RtN.png]
[Image: sI0gGqh.png]

Fortune

gems
size
build
player
04-10-2017, 06:28 PM
She sits by the water's edge, watching the fish as they flit about. Fish, you see, are far more difficult to catch than the average prey animal. Faster, more slippery, more absolutely obnoxious... but they're tasty. They're easier to fill up on. Fatty acids and stuff, it was all very good for you. Healthy and shit. Fortune doesn't know. She doesn't really have to know either, which is nice.

Faite appears, entering her headspace without causing a stir. Without doing anything to really shake her peace, her tranquility. "Was tired of eating stuff with fur... come fish with me?" Fortune looks to her sister, tail wagging softly. "It's nice to eat something that isn't trying to kill us back," there's the rakish grin. What a nice day. What a good day for both of them to actually spend some time together.

fortune
shock & awe

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
04-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Faite Ethereal Adravendi

Faite couldn't help but peer over Fortune's shoulder into the lake. Even from here she could see the shimmering of silver fish scales right before the surface. It was a tempting idea to try and catch some and Fortune's suggestion sounded like fun. It would be a better tasting option considering they didn't have fur and it was something different for a change. Even if they couldn't catch anything surely it'd be fun splashing about for a bit. It'd help cool them off and was a nice way to unwind and she had a good point - at least the fish wouldn't try to kill them.

"Fishing sounds like an awesome idea. Do you have a preferred spot?"

There was one thing she'd wanted to try for a while now. Was it possible to catch a fish with your tail? It seemed more efficient than trying to splash about and get lucky to catch one with her teeth, but either way would be good enough for her.

"Speech"

I like to imagine
That you smile when you hear my songs

Fortune

gems
size
build
player
04-16-2017, 06:59 PM
She's pleased to be with her sister once more. It's a strange thing, a bizarre thing, but it works. They work together in a sort of ease. Standing beside, sighing gently. Easy over her knees and elbows, head high. A preferred spot?

"Here, follow me." Fortune's tail wags, pouncing forward. She leads through the trees, head high, loping. She's fairly happy with that. More than fairly, these are the best days. The trees in the willows, steps long, gallant. They work together, always. They work so well together. Things are lovely.

They approach a wide open pond, surrounded by willows. A breeze flows softly through them, and Fortune is in awe as always. She moves to the edge, splashing at the glassy surface. "Here, come sit." A grin, a wag of the tail.

fortune
shock & awe

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
04-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Faite Ethereal Adravendi

It'd been a good while since she'd been fishing - it was certainly a trade she wanted to teach to her children. If you could find a good quiet spot to draw in some fish then you'd have a fairly easy meal. Sure, they could be slippery, it required getting wet, and you weren't guaranteed to catch one, but it at least offered less danger than hunting something like a boar. You could get away with minimal effort and come away still feeling energized and have a meal to top it off. Granted they weren't enough to feed a pack, but today was just for themselves.

She followed her taller cousin easily, her strides perhaps a tad bit longer to keep up, but the smile didn't fade from her face and her tail waves eagerly behind her. They didn't have to go very far before they reached a smaller pond, this one surrounded by willow trees like the others, and they come to a halt at the water's edge. She stared at it for a moment, judging the best spot with the most fish, before she turned back to Fortune.

"Hey, do you think I'd be able to catch one with my tail?" She grinned playfully. She knew she should take the fishing more seriously, but curiosity got the better of her.

"Speech"

I like to imagine

Fortune

gems
size
build
player
05-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Quick and strong, Fortune can be both. Beside Faite she can do anything. They get on well, better than well. Everything is shining and brilliant and beautiful. They do well. They'll always be well together. Her tail wags as she leads the way to the water's edge, eyes bright, step... gallant. Gallant is the best way to put it. Brave, but only because she knows that by Faite's side she can do anything.

"You could try, but I'd be obligated to push you in if you do." There's a rakish grin, one that reaches all the way up to her eyes. Fortune is enjoying herself, enjoying the company of her best friend. Sisters. There's nothing that can be helped or held back when it comes to the pair of them. A pair of wonderful girls.

Fortune moves to the edge of the water, looking down into the murk below. There was a shimmer in the sunlight, and she could see fish flitting this way and that. Her eyes are bright, looking to Faite and hunkering low to the ground at the edge. Careful not to cast a shadow on the water, intent, watching. Always watching. She coudl do this.

fortune
shock & awe

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
05-07-2017, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017, 09:57 PM by Faite.)
Faite Ethereal Adravendi

"You could try, but I'd be obligated to push you in if you do."

Faite's mouth opened in mock surprise. "You wouldn't dare!" She did her best to pull off a serious face, something that would suggest that she was offended by the comment, but it didn't last for very long before she burst into a fit of laughter. There was just no way she could be serious with Fortune, not in this setting, and not after she'd threatened to throw her in the water. She grinned mischievously at her - even if she did get thrown in at least it'd be fun!

Faite followed her to the edge of the water, in a much better mood if that was possible, and looked into the murky surface. She could see the shimmer of the fish as their scales glinted in the sunlight and she crouched, making sure that her movements were slow, as she waited with baited breath. She didn't want to alert the fish to her presence so she was silent. A particularly large one swam to the surface and her eyes followed it intently before she let her front half lunge forward, jaws sloshing through the water, as she aimed for the slipper body. Her teeth clamped shut around its tail and she grinned to herself as she tossed her head to the side aiming to smack Fortune with it. Who said hunting couldn't be fun?

"Speech"

I like to imagine