Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
03-01-2017, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017, 11:03 PM by Pyralis.)

There is a storm coming
And it is headed straight for our shores

Sunlight struck the icy spires, fracturing into fractals that fell across the snow.  Even in the heat of summer this far north winter maintained her icy grip though the depth of the snow was significantly less that it would be later on.  Pyralis peered out over the north rim between the giant pillars of ice.  The ocean heaved and swelled, still violently stirred from a passing storm the night before.  Golden eyes narrowed in contemplation for a moment before the fiery behemoth turned and continued her way down south.  It wasn't worth dwelling on what lay behind, there was only ahead but even so she could feel the past stirring and tugging on the frayed strings of her heart.  It only made her gut boil in fury to thing on the past.  Amon promised to right the wrongs that were done to them and she would follow his lead even though part of her kept insisting on dragging her through the world, whispering and calling to her, taunting her.  

She glared down at the ice, the chill that she felt in her paws.  How was it her memories felt so distant and hazy and yet so brilliant and bright at the same time, the events like mist, the meaning like lightning down her spine.  Pyralis snarled.  She needed to bite something.

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Amon

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Fox

Famous
03-02-2017, 09:06 AM

It was as far north as Amon had ever been, and the last place he expected to find his littermate. The world had transformed into a frozen wasteland, devoid of all plantlife. The land was scoured smooth by snow and ice, and even in the summer it was bitterly cold and windy. How the fuck had Pyralis wound up here? He chuckled to himself. He'd caught her scent a while back, but it was only thanks to her blatant tracks in the snow that he'd found her so quickly. "You lost, girlie?" He called out from behind her, when he thought he was close enough to be heard, hoping to catch her by surprise. Pyre was a bit smaller than him, but not by much. He hadn't seen her in long enough to have begun missing her, and was glad he'd spared the time to track her down.

He looked again at the world she'd led them to. It was a frigid wasteland unlike anything else he'd seen. It was both brutal and brilliant. "This is quite an interesting place you've found," he called out again, moving a bit closer to her. The wind bit into his fur, and he too turned to stare at the raging sea out beyond. It was an inspiring sight, truth be told. Amon decided there was a lesson to be learned in taking in the savagery of natural forces, and pondered. He sat a ways off from his sister, not exactly one to lavish another in physical affection, but that didn't mean he didn't like to be close to her. Amon did feel very strongly bonded with his littermates, and deep down he was glad to have come across Pyre again.
"Talk" "You" Think

Amon is prone to foul language, insulting comments, and the occasional act of violence.
His children are welcome in any and all of his threads!

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
03-03-2017, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2017, 09:38 PM by Pyralis.)

There is a storm coming

Waves crashed against the rocks in a soothing melody and slowly Pyralis felt the inferno in her belly begin to calm.  There was no point on worrying what had happened in the past.  She had to focus on the now and in particular her next attempt at easing the boredom that came with this new life.  Of course it needed to be entertaining as well.  Pyralis wasn't big on work for the sake of work.  However, she knew so little of this land that it made it hard to formulate ideas.  She supposed the first order of business would have to be exploration.  If they were going to dominate this land then they needed to have a good working knowledge of it.  Ears snapped back at the sound of approaching paws but as a melodious and familiar voice met her ears Pyralis grinned.

YOU LOST, GIRLIE?

Pyralis turned to face her brother Amon as she spoke. "Physically or metaphorically, dear brother?"  She was surprised to see he'd tracked her all the way up here though she hadn't exactly been trying to hide her trail it wasn't exactly a welcoming terrain.  She shrugged at his statement. "Indeed.  It has its beauty and its dangers, much like us.  Though apart from a view and a place to drop victims to surprising deaths below I fear it has little use.  How are the fledglings?"

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Amon

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Fox

Famous
03-08-2017, 09:11 PM

Pyr seemed unperturbed to see him. Her reply came not a beat after his question, and Amon found himself pleased that she'd retained her edge in the time since he'd seen her last... Not, of course, that he'd ever doubted her. His siblings had always been fierce. "Either seems equally fitting" he replied, sending his sister a smile with a modicum of genuine warmth in his eyes. Amon laughed as she proposed dropping victims off the edge of the world here, agreeing that she might just be onto something there. "There's certainly heaps of untapped potential," he conceded, allowing more humor to seep into his tone than was normally evident. "Perhaps we ought to find some victims and try it out? The fledglings are coming along nicely. How long has it been since you've seen them? Archon and Astaroth are nearly as large as I am now," he tacked on with a self-indulgent chuckle.

There were many negative things you could say about Amon, but if one positive was clear it was that he truly loved his children, and it was clearly evident. He would not pass up any chance to talk about them. "Before long I'll turn them loose on the bison herds in the south, I think. I believe they're ready, but it would be amusing sport either way. Will you come to spectate?" He sent Pyre a single lifted brow. Either they would wind up with a meal to last the lot of them for days, or the chance to chastise them for their myriad mistakes. Amon was content with either option, and he thought surely his sister would agree to the attraction. Either way, a small and secret part of him hoped he might be able to convince Pyre to travel with them for a bit. He hadn't expected to see his sister, and he wasn't keep to let her get away that easily.
"Talk" "You" Think

Amon is prone to foul language, insulting comments, and the occasional act of violence.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
03-13-2017, 08:51 PM

There is a storm coming

Ahhh… it had been far to long. She chuckled at her brothers words. "Well, if you're curious I'd say its the later but I find the fun is in the finding." She winked at Amon and then nodded as he mentioned the untapped potential of the territories they found themselves in. There was a fresh new start waiting for them here and plenty of opportunity. Amon mentioned victims and she nodded eagerly. "Oh yes! You and I need to spend some quality time together. Ahhh…. let's see… you know, we should test out this cliff. I want to hear if we can get a good solid crack out of it. I was serenaded by a coyote couple last night and I believe they have pups. I think one of those should do." Pyralis had a searing dislike for coyotes. She didn't know what it was but something about the little creatures irked her. Perhaps it was because they appeared to be a mockery of wolves. Short, yapping, annoying creatures wearing stolen skins and masquerading as perfection. Disgusting.

"Ah… has it been so long? I remember when they came up to my knees." Pyralis supposed she had been gone far to long. Time seemed to fly though when her mind was riding her hard, pushing her from one scheme to the next with barely any breathing room. "I should like to see them now, I bet they offer fine sparring. You are teaching them the arts of battle no doubt?"

Pyralis nodded approvingly at the mention of the bison hunts. "Ah, yes, that would be quite excellent and of course I would come spectate!" Pyre enjoyed eating her meals off the backs of others and it was about time the little brats started earning their keep. Not that it was really any of her business.

Amon

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Fox

Famous
04-13-2017, 01:26 PM

Amon had to admit, an afternoon tormenting coyotes with his sister kindled many fond memories of their youth. He sat and smiled, a genuine laugh rolling out into the air around them. "We'd need to find Melchom first," he objected, knowing their brother wouldn't want to be left out. He hadn't seen the man since they'd arrived in Boreas, but he was certain he'd show up again some day. He'd had some trouble with his first litter and Amon assumed he was handling it in whatever way he saw fit. He wished him well, and made a mental note to suggest a bit of coyote roughing whenever he turned up. "As to the kids, I'm sure they'd love to see you again," he said in a dry voice, layered with sarcasm.

They both knew she'd made the kids a little nervous when they were younger. He couldn't blame them of course; hell, she made him nervous now. It seemed that descendants of the Fallen God could only inherit one side of his dual nature, either cold and meticulous, or with wild, untamable spirits bordering on insanity. Pyre was definitely the latter, and he suspected some of his children had inherited that particular blessing as well. Time alone would show what role they were destined to fulfill. In the meantime... "Bison hunting it is," he agreed with a grin. Pyre would have to help him referee, of course. "Meet us in the south then, when you come around to it, and we'll see what they can do." Frankly he was just glad to know that Pyre would be around. She was definitely a good one to back you up in a fight, and with Ana and Adra around as well... He smiled. Things were certainly starting to get interesting.
"Talk" "You" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
04-13-2017, 07:23 PM

There is a storm coming

Pyralis chuckled at the mention of their brother Melchom. Oh goodness yes, he would be so irate if they left him out. Of course there was the little probably of not knowing where in the hell he was. "I don't suppose he came along with you did he? I haven't seen him in positively ages." Though she supposed tracking him down if they had somewhere to start wouldn't be a terrible way to spend some time together. It'd be just like hide and seek but on a much bigger scale.

AS TO THE KIDS, I'M SURE THEY'D LOVE TO SEE YOU AGAIN

Pyralis glanced at Amon with a glitter in eyes. "Oh, they would would they? Glad to know I've made an impression." She'd always been a bit rough and tumble with the kids. A here today and gone the next sort of presence in their lives but she did her best to look out for them on the occasion's she was present. Though they were surely old enough now they needed no looking after. She'd have to see for herself though if she felt they were sufficiently past training.

"Sounds like a plan! I'll finish my scouting of this area and meet you down south." Pyralis stretched and began to pick up the path she'd been walking on. She turned to Amon and winked. "Try not to get into too much trouble before I get there."

-exit-