ardent

Between fairytales and happy endings

Allen

gems
size
build
player
03-15-2017, 09:24 PM
The old man was breathing in and out slowly, feeling a bit tired, but at the same time not willing to just lay down and rest. There was still so much the old wolf wanted to do… to accomplish in whatever little time he had left. He still felt as though amends hadn’t fully been made with Bass and that was one thing Allen refused to die without fixing. In the end he’d lost so much… He’d lost his wife, his children… and even his peace of mind. Was this punishment for poor choices in the past? Or was this cruel hand of fate something else entirely?

The brute sighed as he came before a large lake, gaze shifting towards the water. So many places he’d been… so many places he’d seen. In that moment Allen felt horridly old. Ancient. He took a small breath in and let out a sigh. Perhaps one day the world might be a bit kinder… but for now Allen was learning to accept it’s darkness.

Asha

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
04-13-2017, 11:57 PM

She was still horribly new to most of the areas of Boreas - she'd mostly just explored the places nearest to Abaven, but the girl had debated on branching out further. Making more friends within the pack would have probably been more beneficial, but Asha's wanderlust needed to be sated and it wouldn't take no for an answer. So she'd left the pack for a few days to explore. She wasn't sure where she was going, but she didn't quite care either so long as it was something new.

She came across a lake and traveled around the edge of it for a little while before the site of an older wolf caught her attention. He was taller than her, naturally, and covered in tans and browns. She eyed him for a moment longer before approaching him swiftly with a smile plastered on her face and her tail waving behind her. For once there was no mischievous glint in her eyes. Had he been a bit younger she might have contemplated pushing him in the lake, but she wasn't that rude.

"Hey there. Why the long face?" She questioned him bluntly. Maybe it was just his face? Something seemed to be bothering him, but you could never tell with strangers.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: Cg2w8lq.png]

Allen

gems
size
build
player
04-21-2017, 02:55 PM
Now the last thing Allen had been expecting was the blunt question coming from a femme, let alone a femme whom was from Abaven. Yet dark forest green orbs turned to her, a sad smile trying to find it’s way to the older wolf’s face. “A lot of things, I’m afraid.” Allen had paused, slowly settling down onto his haunches as he looked at the femme. She was older, though closer to Bass’ age than his own. It honestly made Allen feel ancient… He was living on borrowed time as it was, though he was far from ready to give in.

“Musing about my age for one. Past mistakes…” Allen dipped his head. “I notice you smell of Abaven, miss, even if a bit more faintly. Are you a member?” Allen lifted his gaze back to the she-wolf. “Ah yes… manners… I am Allen Walker, m’lady.” Even if this meeting might be short lived… there was the chance it might make him smile. Therefore it was worth it, no matter how long it took.

Asha

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
04-23-2017, 04:21 PM

The male looked at her and Asha studied his face - he had those weather-worn features that all older wolves seemed to have and pretty forest colored eyes. She glanced at him briefly and couldn't help but wonder if she'd look that old and rugged when, and if, she got that old. God she hoped not - she couldn't imagine feeling so worn out and ancient all the time. Granted she knew she was getting older, seven years come spring time, but she often didn't focus on her age. She was practically an overgrown child as it was, how could she be worried about her age when she didn't even act like six?

She wasn't surprised to hear his age was one of the factors of his sad face, but it didn't mean she agreed with it. Now the past mistakes she could understand - she still often found herself dwelling on the kid she almost killed even though they'd only been having fun. Her banishment from her old pack had probably been one of the hardest moments of her life.

"I wouldn't dwell so much on your age and instead I'd focus on the life you have left to live and enjoy it." God what was wrong with her? Since when did she give sagely advice? She pushed the thought aside and smiled at the man as he questioned if she was from Abaven. "I am. I left to do some exploring, but I plan on going back soon. Are you familiar with the pack?" He introduced himself and she didn't even mind that he hadn't introduced himself previously. He was perhaps a bit too formal, but it was better than him being a dick. "I'm Asha, it's nice to meet you Allen."

"SPEAK"
[Image: Cg2w8lq.png]

Allen

gems
size
build
player
05-16-2017, 02:27 PM
Focus on the life he had left to live… though really how long was that, Allen wondered? He was already pushing things… but still, why count himself out? Allen found himself feeling a little better now that someone at least a bit older was telling him to snap out of it and live his life. To his delight she was indeed from Abaven, and he let out a soft chuckle. “Ah yes, Asha… and the memories that pack brings.” The brute dipped his head.

“Bass was my closest friend in those times. I still consider him such, though I don’t know if he still feels the same about me.” Allen glanced skyward, twitching his ears. “We’ve been through a lot together… had our children… lost loved ones… but we’re both still standing. He as an alpha and well, me as this old gentleman I’ve always prided myself in being.” His gaze returned back to the femme, feeling a bit better now that he had the company.

“You say you’re exploring, eh? Would you like some company, miss Asha?”