Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
03-17-2017, 08:21 PM
black flowers blossom fearless on my breath

Perched upon a rock with her belly up to the sun Valdís stretched just a bit further a grin plastered to her face. Now this was the life! Now that she was part of a pack the hunting was much better and she didn't feel as though her life was consumed with thoughts of where her next meal would be coming from. This left plenty of time to explore and patrol the surrounding territories. She had every intention of sharpening her skills in battle but for now she would put her focus into a lackadaisical patrol. Valdís rolled sharply onto her belly and yawned. Speaking of… she probably ought to get a move on. She was still very near the border of Fenrir's Maw and her reason for picking a perilous path all the way down to more even terrain was to get a feel of the surrounding territories. Her goals were simple, catalogue terrain, potential threats and potential prey. Simple enough.

Standing on her rock she peered around, taking in the sights before sitting down again. Her eyes lazily closed and she grinned. She just couldn't help it. The sun just felt so good…

"Speech"

Iskra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Monster
03-17-2017, 11:16 PM
The heat of summer was just so enjoyable. Sure, it could be irritating when things got too warm, but that's what creeks and rivers were for, anyways. Either way, Iskra always liked how the warmth felt on her back and brought all kinds of animals out of hiding. Padding through the grass on silent paws, Iskra tried to determine which way her day might go. She could hunt, explore, harass her sister... The possibilities were endless, though some more entertaining than others. Cheery laughter bubbled up from her chest, filling the air and causing a nearby doe to peek up from her grazing.

The temptation to run after the deer was strong, but she quickly forgot it after spotting the form of another wolf sitting atop a large rock. Veering in that direction she pranced towards the girl, calling a greeting nearly as sunny as the day, "If you sit there too long you might just melt into that rock."

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
03-22-2017, 08:45 PM

Part of her knew that she should be getting busy and working for the good of the pack, etc., blah and blah. However, after spending so much time struggling for her very survival she felt she deserved a nice little break. Lost in her reverie Valdís didn't open her eyes when an unfamiliar scent drifted past her nostrils. Nope, nope, whatever it was it could wait. A voice spoke out and Valdís sighed and then grinned at the strangers words. "Too late, I think I've already melted into it. It's warm and wonderful and I may never move again." She let out a laugh then crouched as she opened her eyes and gasped.

Valdís stared at the woman who was swathed in celestial shades of scarlet. The patterns were so similar to Artemis that Val had an immediate feeling they were related. "Oh… hey there. I… you wouldn't happen to know of an Artemis Aeris would you? Because I have to say, your coat is very reminiscent of hers."

"Speech"

Iskra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Monster
03-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Having nothing all that much better to be doing with herself left Iskra happy to busy herself with whatever caught her interest. Right now it was this younger wolf who was practically sinking into the rock she sat atop, not that Iskra blamed her. It was a nice day, if you liked warm weather, that is. She giggled at the girls' response, calling back, "I wouldn't blame you, it's nice out!"

The reaction she got when this girl finally opened her eyes wasn't terribly uncommon, she was quite used to it and in fact basked in the attention just a bit, smiling a bit wider, chin tilting up a bit. She could admit it - she enjoyed the attention, a lot. "Of course, she's my sister. Our family is pretty recognizable..." she mused. It was an easy task most of the time to pick a relative out of a crowd. Wolves with starry coats didn't appear often outside their family, or at least not as far as she knew.

Glancing at her newfound company, Iskra added, "I'm kind of hanging around where Artemis is for now. You're part of the... Crew? Right? So we'll probably see each other around here and there. I'm Iskra, by the way."

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

03-29-2017, 07:22 PM

Valdís starred at the star-pelted girl. She had a feeling they were related but she wasn't expecting a sister. "Whoa, really? How many of you are there?" She was trying to imagine what it would look like to see a whole family of wolves with pelts like those of Artemis and this girl and she honestly couldn't fathom it. Valdís had never really wondered much about her own looks. In fact she was rather proud of her pelt but she had to admit she probably looked pretty drab to this femme.

Valdís nodded. "Yes, that's correct. I'm a fighter for the Crew." Ok, so not technically her rank. One, she was more of an apprentice and two the correct name of her rank was War Boy… Runt. Ugh! She hated that! She couldn't wait til she proved her battle skills to Chaos and moved up the ranks. "It's nice to meet you Iskra. I'm Valdís Thyre. What sort of rank do you have?"

"Speech"

Iskra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Monster
04-05-2017, 04:00 PM
She giggled, giving the other girl a toothy grin while she basked in the attention, "Well, three in my litter. We have a sister named Leto, but I haven't seen her in a long time," her tone lost it's bright and happy spirit for a moment at the mention of Leto, but soon picked back up as she added, "But, we have a bunch of other relatives I think. Our parents, uh, probably some others I don't really know about." Laame. Iskra felt like she should have known more about the family, but at the same time it was hard to keep tabs on wolves that all liked to wander and do their own thing sometimes.

Looking at the half-melted girl basking in the sun, Iskra had to admit she didn'tlook in fighting shape at the moment, but she'd shrug it off with a smirk and a soft laugh to herself. "Nice, I'm sure that rank'll bring you plenty of interesting encounters." She could imagine a pack like this would get into all sorts of fun. Or trouble, that too. "Likewise. Oh, I don't have one... I haven't really joined quite yet. Not to say I won't, but I like taking my time on some things, you know? Also I just enjoy taunting my sister and leaving her guessing as to when I might become a real member. I'll probably end up doing it, no real reason not to, but it's just so fun to leave other in suspense" she chuckled, a wicked smirk flashing across her lips. Whether or not she'd actually acheive her intended goal was debatable, but hey, might as well try just for fun.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

04-13-2017, 08:51 PM

Whoa so there was another one? Valdís took the name Leto and filed it away in her mind. "Oh, well I hope you find her. I'll try to keep an eye out as I'm wandering. She shouldn't be too hard to spot if she has a coat like yours." It was a pretty safe bet that if she ran into another wolf with a starry pelt that it would Leto. Iskra mentioned other family members as well. Whoa, she was trying to imagine a whole pack of wolves that looked like Artemis and Iskra and it was making her head spin a bit.

Valdís leapt down from her perch as Iskra mentioned that she was still debating on joining. "Well, it sure beats being a loner I think. There's less scrapping around for food when you can hunt larger game with your packmates." She laughed. "But I completely understand taunting sisters! I'm more than happy to help with that if you have any ideas. Do you have any particular set of skills?"

"Speech"

Iskra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Monster
04-24-2017, 08:01 PM
"Thanks, I do too," Iskra admitted. Honestly she'd been a bit absorbed in worrying about herself for some time while she was alone, something she felt bad for now that she'd stumbled on Artemis and realized she wanted to reconnect with her family. She was certain she'd find the next member of the trio of sisters at some point, though. "Well, she looks a bit different from us, but I'm sure you won't have any doubts she's an Aeris should you ever lay eyes on her," Iskra chuckled.

A smile so wide her eyes crinkled slightly at the edges took over her features, warm and amused. Yeah, she could see how it would be a lot nicer to be a part of a group and not worry so much where the next meal was coming from. "Haha, true enough. I suppose food lone is a pretty good reason to want to have numbers on your side. That and your alpha is quite the interesting man. I suspect he'd going to shake things up quite a bit." Joining a pack was a far more appealing idea when she knew there'd always be something happening to keep her interest. Chaos sure seemed like the kind of wolf who could promise such things and keep true to it with little to no effort. The crew was probably going to be keeping the other packs on their toes, especially as their numbers increased.

Ideas... Well, what a good question, and one she wasn't entirely prepared for at that. "Well, maybe for starters sometime we could hang out in or around pack lands and make Art think I joined already. That might be funny. So far I'm just hanging around the area though, I may grow bored before I can really mess with her," Iskra sighed, she could be patient but the thought of dragging out her joining forever would probably get under her own skin before she bothered art. Besides, her blue sibling seemed to be having some interesting back and forth with Chaos when she'd taken Iskra to see the pack lands... Maybe Art would be too busy to notice. Gah, so much to think about. Enough of that, thank you very much. "Hmm, I'm pretty good at sneaking around, despite what one might think with this starry pelt of mine. I'm not a terrible fighter though I might be a bit rusty. Art and Leto are the roughhousers in our litter."

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

05-06-2017, 06:59 PM

She nodded absently as Iskra confirmed that food alone was a good reason to be part of a pack. It was starting to get late and she'd need to begin her next patrol soon. She wasn't sure yet how strict Chaos would be, she rather doubted he had the capacity to be strict but the borders would still need patrolling none the less. She'd die of embarrassment if some loner managed to sneak in on her watch. That reminded her, she probably needed to check on protocol but part of her felt Chaos wouldn't be to mad if she just mauled trespassers on sight. Any wolf with a brain knew about borders and she had little interest in indulging stupidity.

Valdís grinned as Iskra started thinking of ideas to mess with Art but she had to agree that it would probably take to long to take effect. "Why don't you go ahead and join now and we can think of some ideas while you're part of the pack. Is Artemis a morning wolf? And how does she feel about spiders? Maybe we could spar some time? I could always use more practice."

"Speech"

Iskra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Monster
05-23-2017, 02:48 PM
Hmm... I don't know for sure when I'll feel like joining, but I do agree I should join soon. No real point in putting it off for too long." she said, both answering Valdís and thinking aloud. If she said it often enough, maybe she'd take her own advice. Probably not, but one could hope, right?

Furrowing her brows, Iskra thought long and hard about the suggestions and questions that were offered. No matter how long she mulled it over though, it brought her back to one conclusion; she didn't really know her sister as well as she'd have liked to. They'd spent their childhood together, but so much could have changed between then and now. Could she trust her own memories? "Er, you see, me and Art haven't seen each other in a hell of a long time. I'm not really sure what would work best to mess with her," she admitted sheepishly. That was both uncomfortable and depressing. Great. Shaking it off, she jumped back to answering the darker girl, "But sparring I can do! Just ask me anytime, some practice would me some good as well."

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

05-26-2017, 06:26 PM

Valdís nodded sharply and winked at Iskra. "Yea, if you wait to long you're gonna miss all the fun! Besides, if you join you'll get to see your sister more then maybe it'll stir up some thoughts in that head of yours on the best way to mess with her." Val chuckled at thought. Only good-natured pranks of course! She'd never do anything overly cruel to a packmate. Valdís stretched. "I'd love to spar you! When you join Chaos might have you fight or something to prove your worth and we can spar then." Leaping off her rock, she shook out her coat. "It was good to meet you Iskra, but I better be getting back to patrol. Feel free to visit some time!"

-exit-

"Speech"

Iskra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Monster
05-27-2017, 10:46 PM
"Wouldn't wanna miss anything too important! I'll have to get myself together and make it happen soon, hopefully." she reaffirmed with a gentle wag of her tail. This pack sounded like so much fun, it would be a shame to miss out on too much. And making up for lost time with some pranks would be pretty exciting. She could bond with the others while trying to mess with Art, win win in her book. "In that case I might have to prepare myself a bit, I'm pretty rusty. Wouldn't wanna give you anything other than my best after all," she said, voice a mix of fierce determination and playful jest. "Likewise, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around at some point."

-exit-