gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
03-26-2017, 10:44 AM
Calling All The Monsters~
The new life Kait had come to know was not easy, but there was certainly a better understanding with what was going on now. Proxy had been doing her best to keep Kait “safe” as they interacted with their new master of sorts… and that meant being out more often. By the end of the day, or around the time the sun set, Kaitlyn’s body was spent and exhausted, near the verge of collapse as the small girl took back over. Normally a nap was enough to recharge her a little… though it seemed like she was never rested enough.

With a sigh the small girl pushed herself to her feet, gaze searching for some sign of the man she’d both come to fear and, in some ways, respect. Erebos was similar to her in some ways… and Katie was getting used to dealing with him little by little, though Proxy still enjoyed taking over whenever she could. Katie pressed out of the den, searching for the male. She supposed in some ways she was clinging to him just as she had Riv and Yoshiko… though she was slowly becoming a bit more self sufficient too by hunting for the two of them and honing some skills she never thought she’d get better with.

“E-Erebos?” The femme called, wondering where he might have gone so early. Surely he hadn’t abandoned her after all this, right? It seemed like that fear, rather than the fear of what the man could do to her, scared Kait the most…

HTML by BIRD

Kaitlyn's current avatar is by Fox on Ardent. Stock is from CastleGraphics on DeviantArt.

Erebos I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Evelyn
04-10-2017, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2017, 01:47 PM by Erebos I.)

He still couldn't believe what he had done to Kait. He regretted it every morning before the voices came rushing in, shoving any emotion like that away from his mind. But he did, he had stolen a young girl and he had no idea what he was supposed to do. Proxy had told him that she had no family left, so it wouldn't be right to just set her free. Growling, he stalked through the white trees as his anger grew. Beau was no where to be found, there was no hopes of shutting them up to set the freckled wolf free. She was just as lost as he was, and somehow he found comfort in that. It still didn't lighten up his mood though, teeth bared as he turned to lash out at one of the pale trees. Taking a branch between his jaws he chomped down, gnawing until it crumbled under his teeth. And then... well he had a mouthful of bark. Sticking out his tongue, he shook his head as he pinched his teeth over the muscle, running off the splinters. 'Real smart, buddy.' Whispered Eunike, making Erebos' ears flickered as the least familiar voice spoke. Muttering under his breath, he turned back and headed back towards their little home.

When the gray man reached the area, he heard Kaitlyn's voice call out of him. He flinched at its broken sound, his heart pounding in his chest. Stabbing guilt made him turn away from her, gritting his teeth as it quickly turned into anger. A shuttering breath left him as he shook, trying to get in some control. But of course, that was never possible. Liliya manifested at his side just as he was regaining some anger, but seeing her ghostly form did nothing to calm the broken man. "What do you want?" He growled at the spirit, who just shrugged her shoulders. Realizing that the tiny woman would think he was talking to her, he quickly spun around to stare at her. His mismatched gaze narrowed towards her, jaw muscles tensing as he ground his teeth together. Whatever, it was too late to take it back now. In the distance the spectral wolf laughed, trotting around the male to try to grab his attention.

"SPEAK"

'Aletha speaks' 'Eunike speaks' 'Liliya speaks'
Art by kanvos

This is a mean, cruel man at times. He can be unpredictable, swears, and bites. The voices in his head can say very not-nice things as well, please thread at your own risk.

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
04-10-2017, 02:00 PM
Kait’s ears flicked back once her gaze settled on Erebos’ form. He wasn’t facing her, not yet, but thankfully he was still here. Kait lowered her body a bit towards the ground, a submissive stance washing over her body. Such was a common scene whenever it was Kait who was out with Erebos rather than Proxy. Her gaze found the ground, a whimper leaving her lips at the fact she’d been snapped at… or so it had seemed.

“I…” She knew he didn’t like it when she stuttered, but whenever he raised his voice it was as though her own vocal cords were getting smaller, tighter, more restrained as she tried to force her words out. “Are you… hungry?” Her words sounded guilty, as though he was mad because she was weak… because he had to deal with her. Had Yoshi and Riv ever felt the same?

Slowly Kait forced herself to lift her gaze back to Erebos. Though he was older than her she found herself mesmerized by the male. His dual colored eyes, as well as the sure strength he radiated… She shivered a bit, looking away away again. “Sorry… if I disturbed you…” Her emotions were quickly beginning to swirl within her, and Proxy lurked beneath the surface of her conscious, softly laughing as she watched Kaitlyn struggle.

HTML by BIRD

Kaitlyn's current avatar is by Fox on Ardent. Stock is from CastleGraphics on DeviantArt.

Erebos I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Evelyn
04-10-2017, 02:13 PM

In truth, he pitied the female. He could see a lot of his younger self in her, before he had let the darkness consume his heart. Before he had taken countless lives to sate the voices that crippled his mind. Staring at her, he couldn't help but sigh as he looked away. His teeth were still gritting against one another, clearly trying to think of something to say that wouldn't give her a damn heart attack or something. 'She's too fragile in this state, push the fun one out!' Aletha whispered, making the man softly growl to himself. No, he had had enough of frightening the poor thing, at least while he was this much in control of his anger. For a long time he was silent, but when he felt her eyes on him again he turned to meet her emerald gaze. In that moment his eyes were softer, the look of sadness and pity shimmering in his mismatched gaze. Just for a second he showed that he was actually starting to care, for the moments that he had his mind to himself how sorry he had felt for everything.

But then just like that, it was over.

She asked if he was disturbing her and his eyes rolled, rump flopping to the ground with a groan. "Do whatever you want." He muttered, turning away to look towards the alabaster trees. Erebos didn't care what she did, if she wanted to hunt then she could go hunt. He was grumpy, and he was pent up. For too long he had been keeping his darker side at bay, and it was threatening to spill over. He needed something to bite into, and the male just hoped that Kaitlyn was out of his sights when that happened.

"SPEAK"

Art by kanvos

This is a mean, cruel man at times. He can be unpredictable, swears, and bites. The voices in his head can say very not-nice things as well, please thread at your own risk.

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
04-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Monster Monster~
Kait thought she caught that flicker, that look of remorse, but it was over so quickly that she second guessed the look. Still, Kait tried to take a step forward, waiting for his answer. Then it came… and Katie froze for a moment, just watching him. Do… whatever she wanted? Her eyes shown with a bit of confusion, not used to this sort of reaction from the older male. She canted her head to the side, giving another soft whine. “Did I say something…?” She couldn’t even bring herself to finish the sentence. Kait looked towards the ground for a long moment before she turned away, casting one last look at Erebos before she started towards the trees.

Maybe he was just hungry… she thought to herself. If he was then it was her job to feed him, right? Her paws began to pick up pace, feeling a bit happier at the thought she had some sort of purpose. It was sad in many ways, how desperately she clung to Erebos in hopes that somehow he wouldn’t give up on her. Her whole life felt like wolves coming and going… she didn’t care if he hurt her. She just wanted him to stay.

Ears perked once she was a small distance from Erebos, nose lifting towards the air. She could smell the water of the pond… though the pond had scared her a time or two. She thought she saw things when she looked in there… but that was crazy, right? She took a small breath and started off for it. Fishing was something pretty easy to do… surely she could get a nice big fish for Erebos and then he’d feel better!  

HTML by BIRD

Erebos I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Evelyn
04-10-2017, 04:15 PM

He didn't look back at her, not even when she spoke and then walked away. For a moment he just sat there, tasting the bark in his mouth still. Out of the corner of his eye he could see her standing to leave, twisting slightly to see where she was going. Blowing out a loud sigh, he stood and followed her. "Wait." He boomed after her, before flinching and looking at her in an apologetic manner. What was he doing? Why was he stopping her?

'Push her, break her! Get that little Proxy out and have some fun.' Aletha cooed, and right away he could understand her meaning of 'fun'. Glancing over at Liliya to see her reaction, he was surprised to see her just sitting there and looking at him. Generally she was all over him when any of the other two suggested things of a sexual manner, but today was different. Did she want it to? No, he wasn't going to do that. Growling at the spectral wolf, he turned back to Kaitlyn as he fought to find the words he was looking for. His mouth opened and closed a few times before he roughly dropped his shoulders, starting to pace behind the freckled girl. What was he looking for here? This was the longest time that a wolf had been at his side that he hadn't killed, and he felt guilty. Part of him wished she would just leave, run away and never come back.

And then he realized what it was he wanted to know. Stopping short, his eyes quickly found their way to her as they raked over her form, trying to understand this broken thing. "Why are you here? I wouldn't stop you if you ran. I don't guard you at night. So why, Kaitlyn. Why?" Erebos' voice was gruff, as rough as tree bark as he tried to dig for an answer here. There were so many chances that she could have fled, anywhere was better than with him. He was unpredictable, but she was unharmed -- physically -- thus far. So... why?

"SPEAK"

Art by kanvos

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
04-11-2017, 11:04 AM
This time I don't want to disappear...!
Kaitlyn paused, hearing Erebos call out to her. She turned to look back at him, ears and tail lowering slightly. Had he changed his mind about her doing what she had wanted? He was acting a bit strange, almost frustrated as he paced behind her. Was he getting tired of her? Kait’s eyes shown with worry once more, wondering if perhaps Erebos might run her off after all. But his words, when he finally spoke them, caused the young wolfess to lower her gaze almost guiltily. It was true he didn’t guard her at night… he didn’t make any effort to make sure she didn’t run away…

“…I…” The femme sought her own words, her reason for staying with the wolf. She lifted her gaze back to him after a long moment, sadness within her eyes. “You’re all I have…” Kait confessed, tears starting to sting her eyes. “My sister and her mate didn’t bother looking for me… they don’t care… and you… you don’t judge me… You tolerate me… so…” Kaitlyn gave a soft whimper, taking a step towards Erebos again.

“I feel like you understand more than others too...! So please… please don’t chase me off… I want to stay with you! I’ll hunt every day if I must… just please…” Her words dipped with her desperation. She didn’t want to be alone… Gods she didn’t want to be alone.

HTML by BIRD

Erebos I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Evelyn
04-11-2017, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2017, 11:35 PM by Erebos I.)

He stared at her with his brows drawn together, an impatient sound muttering in his throat. Kait was taking far too long to spit something out, a drawn out breath pushing its way out of her nose. He knew that growling at her would just make her cower, so he tried to hold back. He needed to know why it was that she stuck around when he wasn't forcing her to stay. But whatever he was expecting, it was nothing close to what came from her maw. He blinked his mismatched gaze at her a few times, before he snarled and loomed over her. She stayed because she had no one else. Lips curled upwards, but he closed his eyes and turned away from her. The hackles along his spine rose, growls rumbling in his belly. "I'm not someone you want to stick around with, Kaitlyn. There is no knowing what I could do." He whispered, before turning around to stand over her again. "But..." Erebos took a breath and leaned down, roughly running his tongue over her scruff before pulling back. "You can stay. As long as you're useful." He mumbled, his voice dropping.

There were only two things that Erebos really craved, two things that the voices usually pushed him to do. Blood and flesh was the most obvious ones, the one that he fed most often. But another was a whole other desire. His form quivered at the thought of taking her right here and now, but he pushed away from her and started to walk back towards their dens. He felt guilty enough, he knew that doing that without her wanting it as well... well it would tear him up. Clearing his throat, his ears clung back to his skull. He had never been around another wolf as long as he had Kaitlyn, and she was right. In one way he did understand her, while none of the voices ever took over his body in that sense they still pushed him to become a wolf that he never wanted. Glancing over at Liliya, he noticed that she was walking towards him. The spectral wolf sat at his side, her airy coat pressing against his. 'You know you want her, Erebos, take what is yours.' She cooed, making him shake again. Tossing his head back and forth he ignored her, not this time. Despite everything, under the guilt he felt he was actually starting to care about Kait in his own twisted manner. But was it real, or was it just him clinging to the last scrap of sanity he had?

"SPEAK"

Art by kanvos

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
04-14-2017, 12:16 AM
Kaitlyn breathed out as Erebos spoke. It had been hard to confess her feelings but she was glad that she had. A small smile found its way to her face and she edged closer to the man. "I know... But I want to stay. I don't care if you need to hurt me... Or others..." Kaitlyn looked at the ground with a soft whimper. "I'll fight too... If you want." Katie smiled a little, but when she lifted her gaze she wasn't herself. Proxy had come to play.

"Hehe... Looks like our little Kaitlyn really admires you. She wants to see you happy so bad she's willing to push herself farther into oblivion. Kind of a twisted fairytale don't you think?" Proxy hummed and closed the distance between herself and Erebos. "I think she might even love you. The first to make her feel almost normal since I came about. It's cute." Her grin widened as she playfully brushed against the man. "Do you care for her happiness?" Proxy asked softly. Could there be some feelings the other way?

Erebos I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Evelyn
04-20-2017, 10:53 PM

His ears pinned further back as she spoke, scoffing at her words. He wasn't even fully okay with what he was doing, he didn't know how he felt about Kait being fine with it. She was fine with him hurting her? Perhaps she was more crazy than he had originally thought. She moved closer and Erebos backed up, turning around with a huff. He was not okay with any of this, and had half the mind to just turn around and chase her out.

Just as the thought crossed his mind, a little chuckle told him what had happened. Growing stiff, his ears turned to listen to the different toned voice that came from the speckled wolf's mouth. The male growled the more she spoke, his hackles standing on end along his spine and neck. She pressed against him and he stood, turning around to snap his jaws in the brown woman's direction. "I don't care in the least. But she, you, you both just need to leave. She may be okay with what I do but I'm not. I never asked for these voices, for the countless lives that were ended by my jaws! But here we are!" Erebos snarled, his teeth baring at Kait. She wasn't making him better, she was making him worse. It was true, he didn't want to hurt her, but he didn't really want to hurt anyone. He opened his jaws to speak again but shook his head, turning to stalk away a few steps. This whole thing was a mistake.

"SPEAK"

Art by kanvos

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
05-16-2017, 02:33 PM
Such a shame… he snapped at her. Proxy tsked, her ears flicking back slightly as she listened to him. “Voices? Is that’s what wrong? Come now…” Proxy cooed, edging closer. She didn’t care if he hurt the vessel she possessed. It was Kaitlyn that would feel the pain, not she. “…and you speak of taking lives as if that is a bad thing.” Proxy hummed softly. “But here is poor little Kait… an innocent little girl willing to give up everything for you. She’s willing to become a monster, just like you… so you’re not alone… and so she’s not alone.” Proxy turned, swishing her tail thoughtfully, though the whole while she kept her gaze focused on Erebos…

“We’re not leaving. I can assure you of that.” She let out a deep laugh, a laugh that turned more mad as she stood there, as if going into a fit. Then finally her head rose again, the beast having a twisted grin on her face that was different from both Kaitlyn and Proxy.

“Gods you’re all so pathetic~” The new voice, deeper, apparently masculine, let out another series of laughs. “Waaahhh I kill people. Waahhh I love him… So stupid, really~” The newest possessor of Kait’s form flopped down, pawing at the air. “If you don’t care, and if so many have been claimed by your jaws, then why not kill her? Surely it would be easy for a brute of your size…” The figure’s twisted smile lit up even more. “Or do you have other plans for this vessel before snuffing out it’s light?”

HTML by BIRD