gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
03-26-2017, 11:22 AM

Gathering Wintergreen -- 7 Rounds Needed

Guilt ate at Ganta for dragging Roza first to Auster and then back to Boreas. He wasn’t sure where he wanted to go anymore, and stress was making him more prone to wander as he sought out the perfect place for them to call home. Paws carried him onward, his thoughts nagging him to do more with his time than simply worry. He had little doubt now off what Enigma’s intentions were. Could he protect Roza from his brother? Could he find the will to kill Enigma if need be? Could he bare to become one of those things he so hated?

The brute shook his head, his ghostly silvery-white eyes narrowing. No… he wasn’t going to keep stressing like this. He’d become proactive… learn more about healing and fighting alike. Now… He closed his eyes, wondering what herbs might be found around here. He didn’t particularly know many of the more complicated plants… but maybe if he found one he could find someone who might? Perhaps Roza’s aunt in Fiori could be a good place to start?

Opening his eyes once more Ganta lowered his nose to the ground and began to search, ears twitching. If he looked for a plant that looked out of the ordinary around here then hopefully it’d have some medical use, right?

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Lydia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
03-26-2017, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2017, 11:36 AM by Lydia.)
But you'll never find the answers, until you set your old heart free

A smile graced her face as Lydia travelled south.  She could almost close her eyes and just walk along with the warm summer sun on her back and the perfume of ripening peaches filling the air as she entered the Orchard.  It was a perfect day for herb gathering.  Lydia had been dutifully gathering herbs and keeping them in a new storage den where she planned to make her home for the coming winter.  She'd been spending most of these nice warm days hunting for rare and difficult herbs while the weather was in her favor.  There was also the added bonus that even if she didn't find what she was looking for she'd at least get to enjoy the weather.  That was a blessing in itself.  To be out in the world.  

As she began her search for the elusive wintergreen she spied a man who also seemed to be looking for something. She froze.  He was unusual to look at with strange markings and longer fur on his head and she wondered if perhaps he was some sort of maned wolf but she'd been told they looked like very tall foxes and the man did not look particularly fox-like. "H-hello?  I uh… hi I'm- are you looking for something?"

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
03-26-2017, 12:22 PM

A voice startled Ganta, and the man spun, ghostly eyes falling on the blue orbs of a femme. She seemed to be a bit startled by him, just as he was her. The young man took a slow breath before he gave a nod, speaking in a calm tone in hopes that he wouldn’t make her any more uncomfortable. “Yes, hello there… I uh… I’m searching for something, but I’m afraid I’m not exactly sure what that something is just yet.” The brute gave a sheepish grin.

“I know I’m searching for herbs though. Something that could be hard to find maybe… or really useful in healing.” Ganta furrowed his brow as he spoke, glancing around once more. “I’m afraid I’m a bit… inexperienced when it comes to healing. But I want to learn more. You wouldn’t happen to know anything about it, would you?” Ganta asked, returning his gaze back to the woman. If he could find someone knowledgeable in healing to boost his own studies that would certainly be a help.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Lydia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
03-26-2017, 12:38 PM
But you'll never find the answers, until you set your old heart free

The man jumped and so did she. She hadn't meant to startle him but she supposed it couldn't be helped. She only hoped he wasn't too angry with her. He seemed to be composing himself and when he spoke he stated he to was herb hunting though he wasn't sure what he was looking for. Her head tilted to the side for a moment then a look of knowing flashed through her eyes and she nodded as he stated he was inexperienced with healing. She'd been there before. Gathering unusual plants and dragging them back to her mother constantly to ask what they were and if they were useful for anything.

She nodded quickly. "Yes, I've been studying herbs since I was very small. My mother was our pack wise woman. In fact I'm looking for a rare but quite useful herb right now. It is called Wintergreen. In small doses it can help relieve serious pain. Let's see…" she paused for a moment as she tried to figure out the best way to describe it. "It's a small shrubby plant, it's only maybe 5 or 6 inches tall and you can usually find it growing under evergreen trees and shrubs. The leaves are dark green and oval shaped. Now is a great time to look for it actually because it should be bearing bright red berries this time of year. The best way to hunt for it is by smell, it's got a unique smell but… I'm not quite sure how to describe it…. minty? Would you like to help me look?"

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
04-24-2017, 05:37 PM

Ganta found relief in the fact that this femme knew about herblore and even more in the fact she was willing to help teach him. In return he was more than happy to help her look for the herb. The herb in question was a herb by the name of Wintergreen. A rarer plant but it sounded useful… especially if a small dose could relieve serious pain. His ears perked curiously, listening to the rest of the description that the femme gave. A small, yet shrubby plant five or six inches tall. It typically grew under evergreens or shrubs… that explained why they were shorter, didn’t it? The plant would even be bearing bright red berries this time of year, with oval shaped, dark green leaves and more of a minty smell.

“I’m more than willing to help you look.” Ganta said happily. Even if he ended up having to look for more of the wintergreen himself later at least he’d know a little more about what he was looking for. “I’m Ganta Lore by the way.” He turned his head this way and that, scanning the terra with his ghostly white eyes for a good spot to begin the search. “If you don’t mind… do you think I could get some more lessons from you after we find it? I’d love to learn… and I know the knowledge would come in handy. I’ll even help you look for more herbs if you want in return.”

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...