gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
04-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the world of Ardent. On the continent of Boreas, in the country of Selatan, a small farming community has fallen under a dark shadow. Will you join with other adventurers to rescue the innocent village from evil?

Please join us for a series of one-shot D&D adventures set in the lands of Ardent. We will be using the 5th edition (most often abbreviated as 5e) for these adventures. I have some resources to help you out if you aren’t familiar with 5e, and I can give you a hand on Skype if you need help creating a character. Any 5e playable races will be allowed, and although I ask that you be reasonable and make your character able to get along well enough with the other adventurers to make the game enjoyable for everyone all alignments are also allowable.

As far as location, we’re going to be setting it in Ardent’s lands. There will be some minor changes to the lands’ details to make them D&D friendly but for the most part the maps are going to be accurate. Boreas is going to consist of four countries - Selatan in the south, Occasus in the west, Tuath in the north, and Dwyrain in the east. The southern continent Auster is ruled by the Australis Empire. For these one-shots there won’t be a focus on the countries’ cultures but just for a bit of perspective - while Occasus and Dwyrain tend to be fairly evenly mixed in race, Tuath is most populated by human barbarians and half-orcs in the far north with many dwarfs and some gnomes choosing to make their homes in the mountain regions, Selatan tends toward humans and halflings and half-elves with the monarchy being a human line, and the Australis Empire is ruled by elves. That isn’t to say that other races can’t be found living among those, simply that the larger population will tend towards those races.

Basically what I need right now is a general idea of who is interested so we can get characters started and I can plan the first adventure around how many people want to participate. Once I finish the planning stage we’ll pick a weekend that works best for everyone. The adventure should be pretty short (I’m aiming for being able to complete it in one session, maybe two) but try to plan on having a few hours open for it, or a general plan of what your character is off doing if you need to come in late or leave early.

Naudir

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
04-05-2017, 07:48 PM
Definitely interested! Not sure if I'll create a new char, I've been missing Rudy so if I can play as him again I would love to do so!

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
04-05-2017, 07:52 PM
i've never played D&D but I'd like to give it a try o:

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
04-05-2017, 08:03 PM
I'd be down to try, Ray might be too!

Mara

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster
04-05-2017, 08:29 PM
I'd be down, though I work weekend days mostly so I'd only be able to attend in the afternoon/evening .-.
[Image: 1feWy51.png?1]

Mara is rude, lazy, and really likes to swear sometimes. She is not pleasant in the slightest.

Tealah

Administrator
Admin

gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
04-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Ok so, here's the link for the character sheet. It should be able to be downloaded and edited in any PDF program, let me know if it isn't and I'll try to send you the other copy that should definitely be editable. Once you've finished your character sheet (as I said, if you need help and the copy of the player manual provided isn't cutting it, I am more than happy to help you out) upload it to this folder or send it to me on skype. I'd like to incorporate as much of your characters' backgrounds, etc, as possible into the adventures themselves so it'll be handy to be able to look at them and say "Oh, Dragon's character has a Divine Destiny, maybe that could be useful", you know what I mean?

Also, what sort of game are you guys interested in playing? A hack-and-slash, dungeon-trawl type game? A mystery, full of intrigue and clues to follow? A mixture that allows you to decide on the fly whether to chop up the bad guy or try to negotiate? I have a pretty good idea of my plot but I'd like to be able to present it in the way that interests you guys most!

Lykos I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
keanai
04-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Kea will attempt!

Naudir

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
04-07-2017, 08:21 PM
I'm really down for whatever. I like story work the most, I mean I like battles and all but I'm not a stat whore. I'd rather spend more time weaving together a fun story.