Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
05-07-2017, 01:03 AM

At last they had made it out of that god forsaken maze! She had been stuck in there since a little before her pups were born, and only now did they finally make it out. She vowed to never go back without good reason, nothing good came out of that place. She had been desperate to get out, her mouth sore and healing after trying countless times to bite and break the bamboo, but it always ended in failure. She walked on in a hurried pace, casting one last glance back at that god forsaken place before a shiver ran down her spine. What luck she had since coming to this goddamn continent! First running into someone who had forced her to do the unthinkable, and then getting trapped and lost in that maze...the only good that came out of it were her three pups, three handsome boys. "Boys, stay close please."

She didn't know what dangers lurked around here. Especially after her first run in with that man. What if he was still lurking around? Following her? Waiting for her to come out of there? No, maybe she was just being paranoid...Her stomach rumbled, forgetting for a moment how hungry she really was. All the prey she had managed to catch in the maze, she would give it to her children to make sure their bellies were full before she ate, and usually it was nothing more than scraps. She appeared scraggly, her coat not as plush or as healthy looking as it did before she had gotten lost in there because of her lack of food, but as long as he boys were healthy then she didn't care. She could hunt again now that they were out and free, but first, a safe place.

She led them onward, and after a while she could smell water and vegetation and...prey? Some sort of animals she'd never smelled before. Her gait quickened, eyes hungrily seeking out the bay that they would finally reach. She would check to make sure her kids were following, but didn't slow her pace until they were closer to shore and beneath the trees. There, she flopped down, the weariness suddenly weakening her legs. She sighed heavily and with relief, tail thumping lightly against the ground as bi-colored eyes watched the boys. "I'm going to rest for a little bit, and then I'll go find us some food. You boys can explore, but stay where I can see you please."

"Speak"

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Bellum

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
06-05-2017, 12:19 PM
So the maze had been fun, or not. He hated the walk and he was basically beginning to hate moving days. He moved closely after his mother, an ear flicking now and again at the sound of the voices he could hear, though words were still a little jumbled for now. "Hello? I can't hear what your saying you know." his voice was barely a whisper as he faltered, falling a little behind his mother. His eyes looked for the source though found nothing.

As quick as it has happened he jumped into step again and found himself at his mother's heels once more. There was one he could hear now clearly though. He knew its name easily enough, as thos was his friend and since he cou ld talk he had been speaking with it. Though he didnt know the voice wasn't real to others just yet. 'What's with all the racket ,eh, bels? And whats with the broad taking you for such a long walk, huh? I say you bite her ankles and remind her who's the boss....' he stopped a moment as his mother said something. He wasn't paying attention to her really. Cain was being Cain again. That was really the only way to put it, but there was a word he didn't know yet in there.

"What's a broad? And didn't I tell you yesterday not to call me bels?" he didn't wait for his mother to explain for he wasn't asking her. In fact he moved off to sit by the water's edge and began staring off into space.

Reinhardt

gems
size
build
player
06-17-2017, 02:47 AM

He wandered close to the others, though somewhat behind them too. His eyes wandered to everything they passed, and he was glad to see something other than those stupid bamboo plants. He knew they were born there, and it had taken a long time to get out. His mom had seemed almost frazzled, or maybe desperate to get out. But once they did, they never looked back. He didn't know where they were going yet, but wherever it was, he knew it would be better than that maze of thick plants. He breathed a sigh of relief as they moved, grateful for new scenery. Bi-colored eyes wandered to watch his family as they moved, and he wondered what they thought of it all. His tail wagged slightly, the boy deciding to wander closer to Bellum. As he neared, he furrowed his brows as he heard his brother sort of...talking? That was odd. He sidled up to him, shoulder brushing against his brothers side, "Hey Bellum, who ya talkin' to?" He whispered, curiosity in his eyes.

speech

Legion

gems
size
build
player
06-24-2017, 02:23 PM

They were moving again.

As they'd grown up in the maze Legion had the opportunity to wander around and watch his mother try to find the way out of the place. More often than not they hit dead ends and he watched with a strange fascination as she tried to bite through them - thus his newly learned knowledge of bamboo. You couldn't bite through it. On one occasion he'd tried to give it a go himself to understand the texture of the stalks but he'd given up quickly after it left him with a stinging mouth.

On another occasion he'd actually gotten to see a rather interesting sight. Some of the bamboo had fallen over and was a pale yellowish color. It was dead, but it gave him a good view of the inside of it. After lowering his head to investigate he'd discovered that the bamboo was hallow and rather brittle.

And that was the end of his discoveries.

Unlike his other two brothers and his mother he was rather sad to see the maze behind them. He'd rather liked the strange plants that they'd known since birth and vowed to come back some day. He was still convinced there was more knowledge to be had from the tall leafy wood. For now he trotted obediently behind his mother and brothers as she led them elsewhere.

Eventually a salty breeze whipped past him and his head rose in the air as he took a good whiff. What on earth was that? He was about to go prod his mother for her attention about the matter when he noticed Bellum falling back. Head cocked slightly to the side as he watched the other boy talk to himself. It didn't seem like he was the only one who had noticed either. Crimson gaze shifted towards Reinhardt as he questioned Bellum about it and Legion padded closer towards the two before glancing towards their mom to see if she'd heard him too.

"SPEAK"