size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022LegendaryCritical Fail!Treat 2019
06-26-2017, 02:11 AM

He'd been meaning to speak with the two newer members of the pack, though he didn't want to disturb them should they be busy. He decided that he shouldn't dawdle on speaking to them. He wanted to see how they were doing and what kind of ranks they would like to pursue, after all, he wanted to start getting higher ranks filled and wondered how ambitious these two women were. His first check up would be with Faine, who seemed to know his brother and he was curious as to how the two met. A small grin pulled at his lips, and he wondered how close the two were, or if they were just as unfamiliar with each other just like he was with her. Eh, he doubted it though. Though perhaps he was reading too much into it, maybe he just recruited her and left it at that. The curiosity was too much, however, so he would make a note to go bug his brother about it later.

For now, he was keen on talking to Faine since he didn't really get a chance to before. He searched around the castle grounds, the male trying to track her scent while Kimahri was off doing whatever it was Jaguars did. He didn't want to call her, he didn't like demanding others to come to him unless it was urgent or unless it was a meeting. Though he had decided to be less lenient as of late, it didn't mean he was going to go around being a dick, either. He'd move around to the back of the castle, hoping that she was somewhere around there or in the courtyard at least.

"Speech"

Tracker||Plot with me!

Dragon never goes anywhere without his Dragon armor, assume he is always wearing it unless otherwise mentioned! He also has a pair of seeing eye jaguars, assume they're always present unless otherwise mentioned.

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-26-2017, 03:05 AM

Faine had done her best to become familiar with the territory and with the season passing she was beginning to grow more comfortable. It was her home now after all, but the castle still seemed so huge to her, so endless. Her obsidian paws had led her through the courtyard but she could see movement between the rubble and her carmine eyes caught what seemed to be a rather familiar figure. She made her way towards the individual, being pretty positive that it was the wolf she was thinking about. Sure enough, she was right as she could tell by the scent he left. As he probably marked the territories all the time.

This is your time Faine, offer some help instead of hanging around like a lost pup. Show him that you’re willing to be a valuable and hardworking member. She thought to herself. “Dragon?” she asked as she turned around the corner as she approached him. She offered a small smile and dipped her head in respect to the higher ranking wolf. “I was… Uh, wondering when I could gain an actual rank in the pack,” she said, she didn’t want to sound demanding but she also needed to seem responsible in presenting herself to him, to show him that she really and truly wanted to become a Talis member. “I’m knowledgeable in herbs and poisons so I can be a healer of the sorts, and I’ve traveled a lot by myself so I know how to navigate the lands pretty easily with the stars, and I tend to study the weather. If that helps in any way to giving me a working rank,” she explained.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: hQBYkJZ.png]
ᴏʜ, ᴡᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ.

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-03-2017, 05:27 AM

Luck would seem to be on his side, because he found exactly who he was looking for! Or rather...she found him. He glanced up when he heard his name, and coming around the corner was the very wolf he was looking for! "Hello, Faine!" He greeted her, tail wagging a bit. He said nothing else, for it seemed she had something more to say. He stopped where he was, listening to her inquiry. She seemed pretty determined, after all, she had to be if she had sought him out about a better rank, right? It was something he could respect, and quite honestly, she was the first and only[/i] one in the pack so far to actually be interested in wanting to move up! Which was quite impressive considering she was a newer member. "Ah yes, of course! Well, since you seem to have an interest in herbs and...toxins, there's a few things you can choose from, and excel in if you want."[/b] He sat down, tail curling around his paws. "Right now, the healers would be classed differently based on experience. Mage being the most basic, an amateur or novice, if you will. And Crimson Mage is like a master level. Your experience determines what you'll be in between." He offered a small smile, "If you're interested in something other than a healers rank, than I'm sure we can find something. I'm always open to ideas or suggestions for ranks so that everyone can fit in somewhere." He flicked his ear, truly curious as to what she wanted to do.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Tracker||Plot with me!

Dragon never goes anywhere without his Dragon armor, assume he is always wearing it unless otherwise mentioned! He also has a pair of seeing eye jaguars, assume they're always present unless otherwise mentioned.

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-03-2017, 05:36 PM

It seemed the brute would sit down and she would calmly follow his lead, sitting down as well and nodding as she listened intently to the Alpha. He explained that there were so far two different ranks for healers, the simple Mage, and Crimson Mage, each one depending on the skill level of the wolf. Faine knew a lot but she was unsure if she would consider herself of the master level like a Crimson Mage, she was aware there was still a lot to learn. Her tail flicked as she thought, “I think Mage will be fine for me Dragon, I know there’s still a lot to learn but eventually I hope to prove myself a Crimson Mage. Maybe I can start off by holding a healer training soon?” she said and smiled, “Are there any younger wolves who are training to become healers?” she asked. Dragon offered something about suggestions and she nodded, “Do you have a rank for Scouts? Maybe wolves who are good at looking for resources and storing them and such?” she mentioned and shrugged, maybe he already did but at least it was a start.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-05-2017, 02:44 PM

He listened, and realized as she spoke that he had completely forgotten to mention the "in-between" mage ranks. The ones he had wanted to try and implement based on healing skill while in the mage rank. He guessed he'd been so preoccupied thinking about other things that he hadn't realized it.
"That's good, I'm glad you're willing to try for the Crimson rank! But I think I forgot to mention something concerning the Mage ranks...you see, I've been wanting to try something, and perhaps it would help distinguish those who have less experience, or more experience. See, Mage rank is the most basic, meaning perhaps there's little to no experience in healing, but you're learning. The next level would be Blue Mage, which is novice, then red mage, which is intermediate, then Black mage which would be advanced, and finally the white mage which is Expert. And Crimson is for those who are ambitious enough and no longer need to be in the former Mage ranks, a Master at their craft if you will, if that makes sense?"
He hoped he had explained it well enough to understand, though if not then he'd be more than happy to explain further.

"As for those looking to learn healing, my brother Arke and my sister Okami as far as I'm aware. So if you'd like mentor one or both, then I'm sure they'd be more than happy to learn from you." He smiled, maybe now they'd have someone to teach them. Ankaios seemed to be pretty busy, so he hadn't sought him out really to see how things were going. When she asked about a scouting rank, it struck him then that they didn't have one. It was an interesting concept, to have a rank to do such things. It meant he wouldn't have to keep burning himself out looking for everything, instead, there could be specific others to do that. He bore a thoughtful look, "Y'know, that's not a bad idea...I think we could benefit from having ranks like that. I've honestly been thinking about trying out some sort of...trading thing. We have a lot of interesting trinkets and materials in the castle, and I'm sure there's some sort of market for pelts and the like...rarer medicines...hmm..." He glanced at her, staring at her for a good minute. "Would you like to help me think of some ideas about that? It was your idea after all!" Of course, she didn't have to if she didn't want to. But he liked to try and get involvement from the pack, and so far, she had some good ideas.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Tracker||Plot with me!

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Dragon began to explain that he was hoping to try and implement in between ranks. Saying that based on skill is what rank of mage that you would be assigned, and she nodded. “I like that idea actually,” she said, “I think it would probably make some wolves work harder if they knew about these different ranks based on skill as well,” she noted, “Do you think you would apply that to the other ranks as well? Like for the hunters and warriors?” she asked curiously.

He then noted that his brother and sister were wanting to learn about healing, so she safely guessed that they were younger than him. Ah, so that meant Kharnage had younger siblings as well. “Yes, of course!” she said and smiled, “I can probably mentor both of them, I bet they’d be some great help if I ever need help harvesting herbs or keeping my stock organized or something,” she explained to him. Being a healer was nice and all but doing it alone was sometimes stressful, especially with the fact that the herbs around here were pretty much dried out. Two have two younger individuals willing to help out would be amazing for the ruby sylph.

“Trading seems like a good idea if you’re willing to give the trinkets and pelts away,” she said, “I mean, not too sure about the medicine part considering we’re in need of them. But afterwards, when we figure things out I think that’d actually be a good idea, we could get some great things back too,” she nodded as she thought about it. “What about two ranks for the whole scout thing? Maybe one rank actually travels about, doing the harder part and getting the resources that are needed, and one rank does more of the communicative part. They do the bartering, selling and trading part?” she asked, “That way one rank isn’t too tired or stressed out doing both jobs at once because it does seem like quite a lot of work.” she noted.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-05-2017, 05:45 PM

His tail wagged when she said she liked the idea, and he was glad. Honestly, he wasn't sure how that idea would go, but he was glad he had mentioned it to her and she seemed to like it. So if she thought it would work, then maybe the others thought so too. Though he didn't particularly want to chase down the other healers to see what they thought, so he'd go with the notion that it simply would. After all, they had to work for their stuff one way or another. Then when she mentioned about using a system like that for the hunters and such, his head tilted in thought. "Y'know, I never thought about that...that's a good idea too though, because now there are just two ranks and those are the Fangs and Crimson fangs, our hunters. And the warriors there are four different classes, but they don't necessarily focus on experience...I should implement something for them, too. I'll look into it and see what I can do!" He nodded firmly, already ideas swirling through his mind.

She of course, seemed very pleased and excited about the idea of mentoring his younger siblings. They didn't have much to do, and he couldn't train them all by himself. His littermates didn't seem to like to interact much with their younger siblings, but it wasn't their fault. They didn't have the same father, and although the others were skeptical about their mother's late mate, it didn't mean they had to take it out on that litter. He bit back a sigh, hoping that some day...Kharn and Gryphon could see past the...well, the past. Okami and Arke were sweet and always ready to learn, brave too if he might add. Afrit was rambunctious and energetic, and the other? Well...she had been shy and kind. And he hoped she was doing okay, wherever she was. "I'm sure they'd love it. I'll find them later and send 'em your way. I think you'll get along great! Okami is pretty shy, Arke is a bit more outgoing, but overall they're both willing to learn."

He listened to her musing on his trading idea, and nodded along. "Well, medicine we won't be trading unless we have an abundance of it. And right now, we don't. So we'd have to stick to other things, maybe check out what others are looking for, and see what we got. With all the prey we find, I'm sure someone is looking for pelts or bones or...well, you never know what someone wants." Who knew, maybe there was some weirdo out there who wanted hearts or livers, maybe skin and bones from prey or even other predators. She continued to give more ideas, and he did truly like the one about having two ranks for the trading thing. One for scouts, another for actual trading. He nodded, tail wagging harder, "That's a great idea! I like that a lot...I'll definitely keep that in mind and bring it up in another meeting...though maybe later, I feel like if there's another one too soon, the pack is gonna be annoyed or somethin'." He chuckled at that thought. Annoyed by too many meetings? If it were him, he'd like to stay informed. Though he doubted everyone was like that.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Tracker||Plot with me!

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-05-2017, 06:11 PM
The fae listened intently as he explained the hunter ranks and how there were actually about four different classes of warriors. She nodded, and he said he would look into it about those ranks as well. He then mentioned his siblings again and she smiled. He said that Okami was rather shy and Arke was outgoing, but both were willing to learn. “Thanks Dragon, I appreciate it,” she said, as she was happy that maybe she’d be getting some help with her own duties and now those two younger wolves would learn from her.

It was true, one could never know what another wolf wanted. Most would probably want a pelt or a skull but maybe some wanted other things, either way, the whole trading thing seemed like a pretty good idea. She laughed softly as he said he would bring it up in another meeting, “Yeah, that’s true,” she said, she guessed that maybe most wolves in Talis were probably getting ready for the raid or something.

“Well Dragon,” she said, “I’d probably be a Blue Mage,” she said, “That skill seems right up my alley if you don’t mind?” she asked.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-05-2017, 06:20 PM

"Thanks Dragon, I appreciate it." He dipped his head, a grin splitting his lips. "No problem!" He had a lot of thinking to do now concerning some of the ranks, perhaps a revamp was in order soon. Now that she gave him the idea, he couldn't let it go to waste! He mused on these thoughts, thinking about he'd work it all in. It probably wouldn't be hard at all, actually, considering there was nobody in any really important rank that these ideas would mess with. He shrugged to himself, perhaps it'd be good to demote those who weren't doing much of anything, anyway. Maybe then they'd get their butts into gear. When she mentioned she'd like to be a Blue Mage, he nodded. "Blue Mage it is then!" He replied happily. "You're probably the only one outside of the lowest Mage rank to be honest. But hopefully that changes soon, because I'd hate to see nobody reaching their full potential...especially when there's so much opportunity."

Walk, "Talk" Think

Tracker||Plot with me!

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-05-2017, 06:31 PM
He stated that she was the only one outside of the lowest Mage rank, which was nice because that meant she was closer to becoming a Crimson Mage already. She nodded, “Yes, I hope that changes soon as well,” she said, dipping her head. “I’ll see you around, Dragon. I look forward to training Okami and Arke, and once again thank you for the opportunity,” she finally said, “I should probably go and look for some herbs while it’s still light out and such,” she flicked her tail and turned away from the Alpha. Well that was all said and done, she now had an official rank in the pack which was nice.
[ exit faine ]

Walk, "Talk" Think

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-05-2017, 06:41 PM

Well, it seemed like it was time for them to part ways. She hoped it changed, and so did he. It was nice to know that someone in the pack cared enough to want to work towards something bigger, something better. Because so far, nobody else was. "I'm sure they'll look forward to it as well! Have a good rest of your day, Faine!" He responded before he too, turned away. He had many things to think about, mostly rank related, but also how to get the pack up and moving. He also had the raid to think about, and though he wouldn't voice it, he was quite excited about that as well.

-Exit-
Walk, "Talk" Think

Tracker||Plot with me!