ardent

Requiem on Water

Charon

gems
size
build
player
07-25-2014, 02:18 PM

Of all the places Charon had traveled through, this one had to be the worst. He grumbled irritably as his black paws slipped through grime and mud. The recent spring rain had brought this swamp to life, and that wasn't exactly what this brute wanted. Enraging little bugs droned around his gold trimmed ears, burning his fuse by the second. Hundreds of birds cried out all around him. The water was thick and stank of decay... that smell was perhaps the only thing that didn't bother him. But soon enough he had treaded through the entire blasted pond, and as Charon reached the shore he shook out his silky black coat. Mossy water was thrown all around, and he snorted some of the stuff from his nostrils. "Damn it," he barked. "I didn't want to have to swim through that fucking pond..." His tail dripped filthy water, and the only thing that kept him from losing it was the thought that he would arrive in Olympus tomorrow. Then this living hell would come to an end.

Evening was beginning to fall over the land, and Charon had to admit that he felt some fatigue in his bones. He had been walking every day for nearly two weeks now. He was finally ready for the nightmare to be over. The monstrous brute sighed and shook himself once more before finding a piece of shade and stretching out beneath it. His fur would dry soon enough, but then he would need to find a cleaner body of water to wash up in. If he was going to present himself as a god to the members of Olympus, then he would at least need to smell like one. Charon chuckled once, bleakly, and began to close his eyes.

"SPEECH"

Hades

gems
size
build
player
07-25-2014, 03:13 PM

Sinister words had been spoken, a duo's intentions to take Olympus for the sinned side of the lineage had been said, observed by the Raven. The boy heralding gold rimmed ears likely was not one of reasonable thought like his father?Remus?who had decided upon a less war-like approach. Such a fool he remained to be. Power was to be earned through proving one's worth in fierce battle, the losing creature held captive to watch their pride be shredded into fragments of what it had once been. Perhaps his time would come to challenge the golden queen upon the throne. She would not know of his name, should she not recognize the Raven. A sinister smirk would spread upon inky lips, as topaz gems shimmered in the failing light of the setting sun. After I have won, then she will know who has ripped the crown from her paws. And the wolves of pure perfection will rule. His iconic baritone growl came from parted lips at the end of his vocals, ebony audits rising upward to accommodate the sound of a recent wolf he had reunited with: Charon; and curses were spat from the gold-wreathed boy.

He looked terrible, mangy and scruffy in fur. A small chuckle would come from inky lips as topaz gems adorned the sight with humor. Someone didn't think to go around the swamp, I see. His powerful stilts would lead him to the gold-wreathed male, his footsteps beating the land in rhythm. I'll help you wring yourself out and smooth down your fur. Again, a chuckle would come from inky lips, likely falling upon deaf ears as he would raise his paw and move it down the length of his cousin's back. Are you really going to take a less war-like approach to take what is rightfully ours? Never was the sailor one to settle for lesser approaches than through the trill and adrenaline of battle. All he knew, was that war would come if it meant bringing himself and the gold-wreathed brute to p o w e r.

hear me ROAR.

Charon

gems
size
build
player
07-26-2014, 03:15 PM

The ebony brute yawned, slipping easily into sleep when suddenly, approaching footsteps could be heard from behind him. Charon jumped up, hackles raised and lips curled, ready to tear out the throat of whatever bastard was sneaking up on him. But as the figure showed itself, it turned out to be his angry little cousin, Hades Olympus. Charon chuckled darkly as his hackles relaxed against his neck. His first sentence was not heard, luckily. If it had been, the gold marked beast would not have been so friendly. But he heard the second phrase that Hades put forth, something about helping to smooth down his fur? One obsidian paw traced his spine, causing his lip to draw back into a snarl once more. Charon quickly stepped away, parting his jaws and lowering his head as ears became flattened against his skull. Everything about his posture screamed to stay away. He loved his cousin, of course, just like he had to. But no more than that. He would not share the throne with this sadistic beast. Sharing just wasn't his style.

"Thanks, cousin," he snapped. "But I don't think I'll need any help from you." His words held a silent meaning. He didn't need Hades to help him. Not with his fur, and certainly not with overthrowing Olympus. This man didn't calculate anything. He simply threw himself in, claw and tooth flying. That wouldn't get him anywhere. That would only get him killed. "Listen closely, Hades. I agree that the throne should belong to our family, and while I don't entirely wish to follow my father in that endeavor, I also don't wish to waste my life by jumping into anything too quickly." Golden eyes would narrow as Charon brought himself to his original position, staring evenly at his cousin from where he stood. "I plan to move forward and take action, but I also plan to bide my time. Climb the ranks and gain their trust before spilling their blood across the land." There it was again, that cruel flash in his eyes. He craved destruction. He craved death. This had always been his way. "Knowing that, will you join me?"

"SPEECH"