Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017, 04:01 PM by Pyralis.)
Navigation - The Bifrost

Pyralis flopped belly first in the sand, stretching her front legs in front of her and her back legs out behind her in a perfect belly flop that sent sprays of white sand floating into the air.  Ahhhh…. it was so nice and warm.  The late afternoon sun was creeping toward evening but Pyralis was taking her time on her way back to the canyon.  She loved her children, she supposed, but a vacation was greatly needed and she was certain they were well protected.  She'd been… training her servant girl to make sure she was at least a half way good defender of her charges but the true protection lay in the whole of the Abraxas family milling about the canyon.  Any idiot to go creeping in would be swiftly eviscerated by the most fearsome wolves on the continent.

Yes, truly… truly fearsome.  A seagull landed a few feet from her and Pyralis debated surging up with all the fury of the sea to smite the creature into a bloody mess but decided she was just to content soaking up the sun and enjoying some peace and quiet to bother with the bird.

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Skia

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
07-01-2017, 03:15 PM

She was out seeking her own little niche today, deciding the canyon was better for raising pups instead of meeting suitors. The land bridge was within her site but she was dilly dallying. It was something her father would of beat her for, and thanks to that knowledge she kept glancing over her shoulder like the ghost of him would be there or something. Of course she knew he would never be there again but subconsciously she felt the need to watch for him. He had always had a terrible temper and while yes she liked to push buttons to see how far they could be pushed his was always ones that she preferred not to. She shook her head to try to clear it and moved forward onto the edge of the land bridge.

She still was new to her cousins and had yet to figure out exactly where she ranked but she was slowly figuring it out on her own. Her father hadn't helped in this endeavor at all by keeping her so close all her life. She hadn't even left him when she turned one like others had left Gaios. That man was something else entirely. He was loose with his morals and had way too many kids with way too many wives. Yet here she was planning to do much the same, yet only with the best of suitors. Her heat season was upon her after all and she intended to start now. She needed to start her own loyal empire if she wanted to get anywhere in life.

As she walked all thoughts came to a halt at the sight of her cousin. From her scent and pelt this was one she remembered meeting with Amon. This was the mother of her second cousins and in her opinion was too far from said children. While yes there was a mortal there to watch them she doubted the mortal had the strength to keep them safe. On top of that she didn't trust the mortal to not poison them. She came to stand next to her cousin, keeping her icy gaze on the horizon. Her form slid to the sand really to lay with her. Not much was said but she nodded in greeting and let the silence fall between them for mere moments. Though the nagging question was still in the back of her mind. A threat finally fell from her lips, not for Pyralis no, but one intended for the mortal. "if she lays one tooth upon them I'll string her up by her tail." she had kept her distance from the mortal and had with glares made it clear, she didn't trust her. Of course that was also partly due to the fact that she had never been away from her uncle and father for long. She was suspicious of mortal intentions no matter if they were servant or not.

Walk, "Talk", Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 03:34 PM

Pyralis snorted as the seagull took off into the sky, squawking as it did so. Yea, she didn't think the bird would have the guts to poke at her. It occurred to her as she lay there that it wasn't entirely a bad way of hunting to lay about like a dead thing and let dumb birds and scavenger species come within wait of her jaws. If she'd had the motivation, and the area had been less sandy, she'd have stuck out her tongue and made a proper show of it.

Movement caught her attention and she lifted her head to see Skia approach. She grinned. "Ahhh yes, one of my many cousins. Skia, correct? Are you well?" The woman dipped her head in greeting and slid into the sand near Pyralis. Silence stretched between them but it didn't really bother her. Pyralis shifted and set her head across her forelegs, gazing patiently at her cousin. When the woman finally spoke Pyralis chuckled. "And I would help you with that endeavor, but fear not. I know you don't trust the mortal woman, but you should trust me. Mortal minds are fragile, if you bend and twist them in the right way you can program them to your specifications. This woman is well within my control."

Pyralis stretched again, lifting her upper body like a sphynx. "Besides, Amon and Seth and many of our family are nearby. They are well looked after. Have you had any luck finding suitors? It can be a tedious business."

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Skia

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
07-01-2017, 04:06 PM

To both of Pyralis' first questions she received a curt nod. She was indeed Skia, a cousin to Pyralis and Amon. She also found herself to be in good health. Aside from the need to look over her shoulder for her father every so often. She was content to sit in silence. To her threat Pyralis replied and Skia gave a chuckle out.of her own. As fragile as mortal minds were some just couldn't be trusted. She still didn't even find herself trusting Amon's wench to do as she was supposed to. "Trusting I find to be hard, dear cousin, but I shall take your word for it. Just don't let your guard down entirely with her, for the sake of our family. Some mortals can con just as well as some of our own and there are many that might seek to hurt us where it truly counts." she wasn't naive to the way everyone behaved with the children. They were loved and well guarded.

It went to stand then in her own mind that her own would be just as well. Then Pyralis seemed to move onto the same topic that nagged at the back of her own mind. Her eyes fell go her cousin and she gave a chuckle. A suitor would be hard to find for her. "I've not found a male worthy of my notice as of yet. I'll settle for no less than the best, and I forbid myself to take a mortal as a suitor, I'll not allow my line to be sullied in such ways." she layed her head down upon her paws with it cocked to keep Pyralis in sight. She had particular tastes and it showed she was sure. The daughter of Kronoah would not fail her father as the last of his line and the one to hold his side of the family afloat. She had seen how Gaios had managed to split his blood, but she had not approved. Mortal lines were flawed and she would not allow them to sink into her own lines.

But then there was the children Pyralis had bore. One cloaked in fire and one in ash. "Your suitor was no ordinary one, pray tell do you believe him to be alone in the world? Or might there be chance for others like him?" she would breed with him if she could find him. After all what better than a fiery male to bear children for. Of course she wouldnt take him as her mate either she would just cage him for others of her line to use as they saw fit. But then again if she could find a water spirit that would add a perfect balance to the family.

Walk, "Talk", Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 04:19 PM

Pyralis was pleased she got the name right. With such a large family sometimes it was easy to forget or get someone switched with someone else. At least the adults were easy and there were only two new litters so far but she made a note to visit Naamah so she could learn the identity of her new nieces and nephews. They'd likely be growing up closely with Ashiel and Asharya. Pyralis nodded absently. "Oh believe me, I have taken that well into account. At least if she screws up she'll make for good sport. I got quite a thrill out of running her down in the canyon the first time."

Pyralis nodded. "Then be prepared to be in this for the long haul. It took me two years to find a worth male, but I did and it was worth it. I joined with a celestial fire spirit and it was truly magnificent." Asharya was the proof of that union. Her own coat as fierce and fiery as that of her sire. "There are unusual beings in this land. I'm sure if you search long and hard enough you can find them. I do not thing this man was the only being of such lineage but they are rare." She debated offering the whereabouts of the male she had bred with but she was feeling suddenly protective of him. His offspring were hers and she didn't feel much like sharing him with anyone else though she chided herself for that. Hadn't she left him alive purposely in case she or another of her line were up for breeding? Pyralis kept silent on the matter of her suitor, keeping to herself for now.

"Talk" "You" Think

Skia

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
07-01-2017, 05:26 PM

She listened and turned her head fully to her cousin. Of course she had a plan for if the mortal screwed up. A chuckle left her and she had to wonder if her cousin would oblige her the opportunity to test gravity with her servant. She wanted to see if mortals could live after a tumble down the canyon walls, and if not how big the mess would be. Of course then again the mortal would look good as a pelt lining the den of Pyralis. Oh the possibilities were endless. Just the thought of torturing her brought a smirk to Skia's lips.

The thought of a celestial spirit also made her giddy. "Did it feel as if fire touched your womb when he bred you? Or was it more subtle than that?" the question popped out before she thought about it. But she just had to know.

If they were as rare as her cousin said then perhaps she should go about things differently than her cousin. She knew the scent of female heat was strong and could sometimes bring males to her, should she let it fester. She hadn't yet but a thought crossed her mind. She looked to Pyr before she opened her mouth and gave a wry she, as if she was cooking the best plot yet. "perhaps then we should use me as a lure, trap him and as many other males like him as possible. They are bound to be drawn to a strong enough heat scent one should think. And should mortals come, let them create a blood bath for us to watch and enjoy." it was ingenious she thought. Though she had no idea what her cousin might think. "of course I'll need opinion from a trusted family member for my final selection of male, if you would do the honor, dear cousin?" she lifted her head and stretched out with her legs out behind her so her belly would touch the cool sand then.

Walk, "Talk", Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 05:43 PM

Pyralis chuckled as Skia asked about their union and she grinned playfully at the young woman. "Oh, it startled out warm and sweet and first but our bodies intertwined we grew so hot I thought I might burst into flames myself." Pyralis grinned, she wouldn't mind bedding the man again if she could ensure no pups would come from it. She was content with one litter and definitely did not want to risk pregnancy while the current pair were still so young. Not that she could anyway she suppose, her heat would be several seasons away but perhaps she could look him up. She knew where he lived after all.

Pyralis gazed at Skia in amusement. "Heat scent is strong but I do not know that it will waft beyond the territory you reside in and these males are probably scattered to all four winds. I do like the idea of a blood bath though. It's been to long since I've had an entertaining spectacle to survey. Certainly, feel free to bring him by. Though if you want the most sure opinion Amon would be the best to ask. He did not quite take to my breeding a fire spirit… at first though I believe he simply didn't believe me." She chuckled.

"Talk" "You" Think

Skia

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
07-02-2017, 06:57 AM

She gave a hum of thought at what Pyr said about her union. It certainly must of been something to invoke such a feeling. It was not everyday that one would feel like they would burst into flames. Though if Skia had her way some just might catch fire to satiate her curiosity of how loud a mortal could scream if you burned them. Of course none of the old ones would allow for such a thing so she would have to see how Amon felt about her torturing mortals for the sake of fun. Perhaps he might even like to throw one into a volcanoes with her.

Though she flipped back to the current topic simply enough. Pyr had good logic but Skia was a mastermind Abraxas woman. She had the solution well enough in her mind for such a thing. "I'm sure I can travel across this land easy enough and place calling cards for the males. Surely even if the scent is stale their interest will be piqued enough to warrant an investigation. Though perhaps I'll not need it if I run into one of these spirits on my way." she paused to try to figure out why Amon wouldn't of been pleased at the prospect of having children around to strengthen the lines. After all hadn't she heard he already had children? Wouldn't he want his sisters to be afforded the same opportunity. But then again maybe he thought something to be wrong with Pyr enough that he didn't want to further her bloodline. Skia found nothing wrong so far though. "I'll not need his opinion if he will as you say disapprove of my furthering the lines. Perhaps he fears you will attempt to out do him though, to which it is my opinion you already have." she turned to look out at the ocean before looking back at Pyr with a smirk. "I shall out do him as well. I fully intend to erect my own empire by taking one from the mortals and enslaving their king. You would join me in this by my side as my Empress, my equal I should hope. I find you to be a rather agreeable soul." she was of course offering Pyralis a chance to keep her side of the family at the head still. She was still honoring her father's order in this way.

Walk, "Talk", Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-02-2017, 07:14 AM

Pyralis chuckled at Skia's plan.  It sounded so odd to her the idea of spreading heat scent but she supposed it was a decent enough plan.  It wasn't like Pyralis had a better solution to offer.  She'd stumbled up on her suitor completely by accident and in a feverish haze.  "I'm sure fate will guide you where you need to go."  They were destined for greatness after all, that couldn't be denied.  Though part of her was becoming quite fond of the mortal realms.  She'd never admit it to Amon, but for all the hardships there were great joys to be found as well.  A sense of peril and adventure that she doubted existed in paradise.

Pyralis' fur bristled at Skia's comments about Amon and she turned her head sharply.  "What in all the hells are you talking about?  Amon fears naught and you best well remember it.  I doubt he will disapprove of you furthering the lines, you just need to find a decent suitor and I shall never outdo him.  A woman cannot outdo a man in contests of spreading lineage. We can bear fruit but once a year while they can go skittering about."  She growled suddenly.  "They don't have to worry about childbirth or nursing either." Like the ocean during a storm her mood suddenly calmed and she laughed.  "I have no intention of having another litter.  I have born children to carry on the line and my pact in that area is complete.  I have no desire to be a brood mare, I was born of fire and violent waves and battle is my calling, not motherhood."

Pyralis stood and shook the sand from her coat as Skia talked of her empire and she chuckled.  Well, a girl needed hobbies.  "Perhaps you do not know me as well as you think cousin.  I am not of the ruling kind.  I am a creature of chaos and untamable wants and desires and I will keep my freedom.  Besides, all you have are words for now.  Seize this kingdom and perhaps things will change."  In truth she just couldn't see herself in a pack.  What would she even choose as a rank?  Everything ultimately tied her to responsibility and she was having quite enough of that with her children.

"Do you intend to linger in the sand or do you wish to join me on the trip back to Auster?" 

"Talk" "You" Think