Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-01-2017, 03:41 PM

A soft sigh escaped her lungs as she travelled away from the plains. She instead entered a grove and she sniffed around. No, there wasn’t a water source here but instead she could smell something that was a bit sweet. She moved towards the bushes and noticed small orbs of various sizes and colors hanging from them. Ah yes! Berries, such a delicious treat that she hadn’t had for a long time. She smirked and her jaws opened, plucking a blueberry and gladly eating it. She could tell that these bushes probably used to have so much more harvest on them, but by now the animals must have eaten a majority of them already, and now she was one of them.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: hQBYkJZ.png]
ᴏʜ, ᴡᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017, 04:15 PM by Pyralis.)
Navigation - Wildberry Grove

Pyralis had journeyed from the arid conditions of the canyon into the warm humidity of the grove.  A light breeze stirred the late afternoon air and gave her some relief.  Autumn was finally here but there hadn't been much of a change yet in the temperature.  Not that she was really ready or interested in the rainy season but when it was this hot and dry it was hard to think about anything other than a nice good rain.

Her mission was a simple one of exploration, tracking prey movements and selecting territories within Auster that would be good hunting terrains.  So far this one seemed promising.  An abundance of grass and berry bushes would prove to be a big draw for prey.  As she moved around she spied another woman who picked a blueberry off a bush.  Pyralis wrinkled her nose. "Yuck!  Was that any good?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-01-2017, 05:19 PM

A voice entered the air, her tail twitching and she turned around to see who it was. Not anybody she knew, no, a stranger. The woman was much taller than her, and she did not smell of Talis. Not of any pack for that matter, she swallowed the berry and shrugged. “It’s quite tart to be honest,” she answered. “I’m sure there are better berries, though.” she noted and her carmine gaze moved around to get a better look.

Her eyes fell upon a bush full of much larger red berries, strawberries to be in fact. She smiled and trotted over, “These are always good, nice and sweet.” she said as lightly shoved her berries through a few leaves and picked a nice juicy looking berry. Her teeth slicing into the fruit and gladly eating it. “I mean, they’re nice if you’re not on a strict diet of just meat all the time.” she explained, “I’m Faine by the way.”

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 05:34 PM

Pyralis chuckled at the woman as she pointed out other berries. What a strange thing to do, Pyralis couldn't imagine ever willingly eating plant materials. "I don't think I'd ever stick one of those in my mouth, it's food for prey but if you're really that hungry I'm sure the pair of us could hunt something down." Lately she'd been thinking about her stomach. All her traveling was making her hungry and while she was sated for now she was never one to pass up an opportunity for slaughter.

"I'm Pyralis Abraxas. Do you live around here Faine?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-01-2017, 06:30 PM

She smiled and looked at her paws, “Well, I’m not starving so I think I’m okay. Unless you are, then I think I can sharpen my hunting skills.” she said, “It’s a pleasure to meet you Pyralis,” she said politely and dipped her head in greeting. She then nodded when the woman asked if she lived somewhere close. She took in a deep breath, unsure if she should even talk to strangers about her pack or something. Dragon had never notified her of any enemies, but she decided maybe to just play safe for now. “Yes, there’s some plains nearby where I like to stick around.” she said, “What about you?” she asked, she seemed to be a loner so maybe she was just travelling about.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 08:24 PM

Pyralis chuckled and shrugged. "I'm doing alright I suppose. I ravaged a deer corpse earlier. If I hunted now it would be just for sport." She stretched, rolling forward her shoulders and letting loose a great yawn. "Oh, me? I travel everywhere, anywhere. Just taking a break from my children." She sat down heavily and yawned again. "My apologies, I have been traveling for quite some time. I'm curious though… are you a healer of sorts? I'm assuming that's why you knew that berry wasn't poisonous?" Pyralis could think of no other reason a wolf would randomly eat a strange plant unless she were an idiot but this one didn't seem to be.

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-01-2017, 09:20 PM

The ruby sylph nodded as Pyralis told her that she had eaten earlier, therefore if they hunted now it would only be for sport and Faine wasn't necessarily about killing without reason. She also said that she traveled just about anywhere, basically everywhere, and she was taking a break from her children. Faine smiled at that, she one day wished for children but she didn’t know who the father would be. It’s not like she knew a lot of brutes either, and the one’s she did know didn’t seem to make it obvious that they liked her that way. “How are old are your children if I may ask?” she said softly, “I’ve been thinking about having my own litter recently,” she said, maybe the woman could give her tips? She nodded when the female asked if she was a healer, “Yes, my father was a healer and he taught my mother basically everything he knew, and then she taught me everything as well.” she explained.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 09:27 PM

Pyralis sat back as she thought. "Well, I guess this would mark their first season, so still quite young. My family and servant are looking after them so dear old mommy can get a break to reclaim her sanity." Pyralis chuckled to herself as Faine mentioned wanting a litter of her own. "Well, if you do make sure you don't go it alone. Having someone there who look after the brats for awhile so you can rejuvenate is vital to not going stark-raving mad but then… well, I'm not the motherly sort." She shrugged, suppose it would seem odd to state that she was not a motherly type and yet here she was with kids.

Pyralis listened as Fain talked of her parents, pleased that her guess was correct. "Are there any herbs that can help calm hyperactive children or help them to sleep? My little boy is a heavy sleeper, usually sleeps like a rock but my darling girl seems to constantly wake."

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-01-2017, 09:59 PM

Servant? Faine wondered what it’d be like to have a servant or to be a servant. She was a little confused but she decided to just not question it. The woman gave her own advice, saying that if she wanted a litter to not go about it alone. The dark woman nodded and smiled, “I’ll make sure of that if it ever happens,” she said. The woman then asked if there was a herb that could help calm down children and help them sleep. Faine quickly nodded, “Lavender,” she immediately said. “It’s a bright purple flower,” she said, “Kind of tall and in bunches, very small petals. It has a distinct smell, I’m sure you’ve seen it around before,” she said. “I haven’t seen it growing around here before, but then again the summer dried out a lot of herbs. Yet, it does enjoy growing in sunlight and dry areas, so maybe I just haven’t looked hard enough,” she said. “For children as young as yours, I’d give them about one stem, two if that doesn’t work. Any more and they’ll grow confused and extremely drowsy,” she explained. Perhaps that was a lot of information for the woman to take in so she wouldn’t mind if she had to ask any questions.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-02-2017, 06:13 AM

Pyralis was pleased that Faine so willingly accepted her advice, which why shouldn't she, it was awesome advice! The healer moved on to talk about plants and the behemoth's ears perked up at the mention of lavender. Ok, that was actually a plant she'd heard of. She knew it grew in the Bent Canyon though where she had no idea. She nodded. "Yes, I do believe I've seen that plant before. My servant was rather fond of it. She was gathering it when I… hired her." Pyralis nodded lightly to show she was listening. "When you say give it to them is this an herb that is taken orally? I don't suppose you know if it grows nearby in one of the surrounding territories would you? I want to surprise my nephew by showing up with this herb." She let out a laugh. "I'm far from a healer you see. I'm a fighter and explorer."

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-02-2017, 07:43 AM
Pyralis mentioned that she knew of the plant and how her servant had gathered it before. She nodded when the female asked if it’s taken orally, “Yes, the pups can eat the pedals.” she said, “Obviously it probably won’t taste too great, but it’s a flower and not some prey. But either way it will help,” she said, “Unfortunately, I’m not entirely sure where it grows. I’m sure it’s somewhere around here though, considering how dry Auster has been so far.” she noted, “Ah yes, I’m more of a healer but I am also a navigator. I’ve been on my own for awhile now so I’ve figured out how to go my way mostly.” she explained.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-02-2017, 09:43 AM

Pyralis filed away Faine's words for later usage. She was a bit disappointed that Faine did not know where the plant grew around this area but she wasn't particularly bothered. She could always nose around the canyon some before going back to her family. She chuckled a bit at the comment that it would not taste like prey. "I'm sure I can find a way to get them to take it." She could always make a game of it and both of them were curious enough she was sure she could get them to eat the plant at least once.

"Oh? You're a navigator to?" Pyralis perked up at the news. "I don't suppose you'd be interested in doing a bit of exploring with me? It's always more fun with company and I have the ambition to explore the whole of Auster. Not all at once of course, I will need to get back to my pups eventually but it might be fun to explore some territories on my way home." Pyralis was cautious of leading Faine to close to where she had her pups but her pride prevented her from being to concerned. What would she care if a mortal woman wandered into the canyon? She'd be enslaved or killed on site easily in the presence of the Abraxas family.

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-02-2017, 02:58 PM

Faine laughed softly as Pyralis said she would find a way for her pups to take the lavender. “If they’re beginning to eat meat, you could always hide it in their food.” she mentioned, it would be extra work but if she really needed her children to sleep it would be so worth it. But Faine wasn’t going to force the woman to do it, no, Pyralis could make her own decision if she wanted to it.

The woman offered to go exploring and Faine took in a deep breath. She knew she couldn’t be romping about with a stranger for too long, though this one did seem to be quite nice and such. She did have to go traveling and scouting with Kharnage still too, but maybe just for a little bit wouldn’t hurt? “Where would we go?” she asked, “I might have to get back home in a bit but I’m sure for a short while wouldn’t hurt,” she said and smiled.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-02-2017, 03:43 PM

Pyralis nodded at Faine's suggestion. "Yes, they're meat teeth are coming in and I'll be starting them on flesh soon enough. What's the best way to store lavender and how long does it keep?" She figured she might as well ask all her questions now. Perhaps she could show off to Lydia when she returned with all her newfound knowledge. It would also be a good way to test the servant girls honesty.

She shrugged. "Oh, I don't know. I thought I might make a quick jaunt over to the Aspen Dam if you wanted to join me. Just to take a look around, I've heard some interesting things about the area but I've never visited it. Perhaps there are other interesting plants there? I'm curious…. are you knowledgeable about poisons?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-02-2017, 08:45 PM

“Well if you harvest the lavender when it’s fully bloomed and keep it all bunched up and somewhere dark, like a den, it’ll probably last for a few weeks to be honest.” she said, “If it’s kept in a sunny area it will only last for a week, so it’s best to keep it in a shaded or dark place.” she explained to the other female, sharing her own knowledge.

I’ve been to Aspen Dam before,” she nodded, “It’s where I’ve been getting water during the past dry season, to be honest,” she said, the woman then asked if Faine was knowledgeable in poisons. She took in a deep breath and finally nodded, “Yes, I try to keep my focus on herbs but to be a healer you must be knowledgeable in poisons too to understand how to treat their effects.” she explained, “May I ask why?” she asked, wondering why but not wanting to push it too far if the woman didn’t want to answer.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-02-2017, 08:55 PM

Pyralis did her best to take Faine's words to memory but honestly she was starting to wonder if she could remember everything. The thought of impressing Amon and Lydia was good motivation but she was no champion in the memory department in most cases and this would be a challenge. "When does the lavender fully bloom? Is it in the spring?" She assumed most flowers bloomed in the spring but she wanted to check to be extra sure. Pyralis blinked in surprise. "Gathering water? How do you gather water?" That could prove a valuable skill. Even in the heat of this drought the creek that ran through the canyon provided some water but Pyralis knew that there were no constants in life.

She shrugged a bit at the question of poisons then grinned mischievously at Faine. "Violent ex-husband I may want to suffer a little? Don't worry, I see you're a more honorable type. Shall we go visit the dam? I'd love for you to show me how one gather's water."

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-02-2017, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017, 09:45 PM by Faine.)

“Usually in the spring or summer,” she said, “But because the seasons are backwards here, it’s probably in full bloom now with Auster’s summer just beginning to end.” she explained, Pyralis then asked how one would gather water and Faine’s ears flicked. “Well I mean, I’ve been travelling to the dam from the plains to just have a drink, if you want to figure out how to actually gather it though I’m sure we can figure it out. It’d probably be a useful skill anyways just in case,” she offered and got stretched. Pyralis then explained that she had a violent ex-husband and Faine nodded, she supposed that somewhat made sense but perhaps she should just try and stay out of it. “Yes, let’s get to the dam.” she said and smiled, slipping through the bushes and expecting the larger female to follow.

[ exit faine ]
Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-14-2017, 10:57 PM

Pyralis nodded about the reversal of the seasons. It was an unusual phenomena but a convinent one. She had no intention of traveling that far north but then… it was difficult for her to say where her whims might take her. Pyralis nodded with a grin on her face. She was going to impress her brother and the healers in her family and her mouthy servant girl to. With her tail waving in the air she trotted after Faine. Lavender was a pretty flower and she already planned to wedge some in the cracks of the opening of her den. Maybe if she spruced the place up a bit it'd feel more homey.

-exit-

"Talk" "You" Think