Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
07-02-2017, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2017, 09:30 PM by Spider.)

He whined, eyes wide as he skulked among fossilized Man-Things, his nose to the ground, searching for any sign of his lover. The place where he and Shiloh had lived originally had, seemingly overnight, become occupied by a newly formed pack and he’d had no other option than to flee or risk punishment for trespassing, although they had been there first. Spider absolutely hated being alone, he thought Shiloh knew that but it wouldn’t have bothered him if he didn’t.  Shiloh of course had other things to worry about; he didn’t always have time to care for the dove grey wolf which of course meant that sometimes details that he thought were important were ignored. He paused to rub against one of the large coarse hides of the artificial beasts humans once used, hoping that if nothing else Shiloh would try to find him, and he would have left a clear trail for him to follow. He sneezed nervously and batted at his muzzle with his wrist. “Allergies” he thought, and paused to look at one of the small piles of translucent slush that had collected on the plateau. Spring was right around the corner and he could feel his heart catch with joy. Echo would be coming back soon, and no doubt the russet bird would come and find him. If nothing else, it meant that he wouldn’t be alone anymore, but he was more anticipating the bird’s attempts to bring him out of his shell.

Speech

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-02-2017, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017, 11:07 AM by Alarik.)
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
It seemed the snow was beginning to melt in every region now, a signal that spring was coming and pushing winter out of its way. And Alarik was happy about that. While he loved the colder weather, it was easy to get tired of the constant sight of snow everywhere. He chuckled as he walked across the plateau, occasionally squelching his way through piles of slush. It was a transition that had to be made, from season to season. For a while things had to be all wet and nasty. But he didn't really mind all that much. The mud and slush reminded him of the games he and his siblings used to play as pups, making total messes of themselves all the time.

Alarik had allowed himself to be carried away by his thoughts again, and so he almost didn't notice the presence of the other wolf until he was about ten yards away. As Alarik curiously padded closer, the stranger sneezed, and the young man chuckled a bit. "Bless you," he said quietly, chuckling again as he came a bit closer, taking a moment to notice the interesting markings this man had. "Are you alright?" he asked kindly. There was something about him that seemed worried or nervous or something, and Alarik was nothing if not a gentleman. He would offer help if he could.

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
07-03-2017, 12:29 PM

He wheeled around to face the fire and ice furred wolf. “Y-y-y-yes I-I’m f-f-fine.” He sputtered, his tail tucking as he crouched low to make himself seem as non-threatening as possible. His heart beat rapidly as he debated crying out for Shiloh, although some part of him knew that the larger male might not answer. “W-w-who a-are y-you?” He asked closing his eyes as he forced out the words and then opening them as he waited for an answer. He knew very well that the stranger could have ripped his throat out an any opportune moment and as a wolf with no fighting experience he knew there would be very little he could do to stop it. A soft whine caught in his throat as he raised a paw to begin backing away, fully intending to run at full tilt.

In his time with Shiloh any attempts Echo and Natiel had made to socially condition him had all but vanished. Shiloh snapped without a moment’s notice and it was hardly uncommon for Spider’s attempts at affection to be met with violent outbursts and pain, yet he couldn’t stay away; before Shiloh he had thought himself incapable of finding love like his late sister and her husband had, and yet Shiloh was more than willing to caress him, and hold him, and make him feel ways he thought he was simply unable to about another person. He loved him.

Spider speaking

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-03-2017, 11:11 PM
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
The man whirled around to face Alarik as if startled by his presence, and the Xanilov man felt his smile melting into a frown. Well, he hadn't meant to frighten him like that. Alarik knew he was a large man, but besides that, he'd always thought he had a rather gentle and relaxed aura about him. He was certainly friendly, and had made that clear. But just in case, he stopped before walking any closer and lowered his head and tail to make his body language altogether less intimidating. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," Alarik said quietly, and he took a few steps back for good measure. "I'm... I'm not going to hurt you... my name is Alarik Xanilov. I was just passing through, and wanted to say hello."

What else could he say to calm the poor soul? Alarik had never seen anything like it. Perhaps he'd seen pups with shy and timid personalities, or little trembling tails and downturned ears. But never had he seen a grown male behave in such a way. Had he been born like this, or had someone tortured and broken him? Either way Alarik knew he wouldn't be able to fix him with one conversation, but he could at least attempt to put him at ease. "Are you sure you're alright? If there's anything I can do to make you feel better, please tell me."

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
07-04-2017, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2017, 09:33 PM by Spider.)

OOC Warning; Offensive language ahead

“Why?” He asked immediately as the stranger explained that he had only wanted to say hello. In Spider’s world, or the world as Spider now knew it no one ever did anything without having some ulterior motive. The male backed off but the smaller male remained on guard. He searched through the darkness, hoping, praying that somewhere in the distance he would see Shiloh’s tawny pelt approaching them, ready to chase the other male and whatever hidden desires he had away.

"Are you sure you're alright? If there's anything I can do to make you feel better, please tell me."

“I’m f-f-f-fine.” He said, shutting his eyes as he sputtered out the last word in the sentence. “He’s not coming faggot! He’s abandoned you! No one would want you!” Toad’s voice growled in his head, causing him to squeeze his already closed eyes tighter. His knees gave out as his heart clenched painfully. His brother was right, no one wanted him, Shiloh had abandoned him just like Natal, Echo, and Church. “J-j-just l-l-leave m-me a-a-alone.” He whined, begging more than demanding. “The only one that loved you was Cricket and you KILLED HER Spider! You killed her when she was pregnant!” He covered his muzzle with his paws as his brother’s voice roared in his skull. “P-p-p-please.” He moaned, his voice cracking as tears began to well up behind his two-toned eyes.

Spider speaking

You Speaking

Toad's voice

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-05-2017, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017, 08:49 AM by Alarik.)
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
The male immediately asked Alarik why he had wanted to stop and say hello. It was such a sudden and unusual question that he found himself speechless for a moment or two. "I don't know, I guess I just like to meet new wolves. And you can't meet someone without saying hello," he explained with a smile. But then things got worse. The poor man stammered again, trying to convince Alarik he was fine. He squeezed his eyes shut, fighting with the demons in his head, and Alarik felt the urge to come closer and offer him comfort. But he knew comfort would most certainly not come from him coming closer. So he stayed right where he was.

He begged to be left alone, and Alarik was torn. This man clearly needed help. So should he respect his wishes and leave? Or stay and find a way to help him? "I want to do what you're asking me to do, but... I'm worried that you're in danger. Are you sure there isn't anything I can do to help? Anything."

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
07-06-2017, 10:52 AM

He started to tremble, his lips pulled back as he gritted his teeth. He wanted to say something to make the other male leave, but he couldn’t; nothing that he could have said came to mind, mostly because deep down he knew he didn’t want to be alone. He choked out a sob, his eyes still closed as his brother’s voice roared in his head; “You killed her! You Killed her! You killed her!” Toad chanted. “I-I’m s-s-sorry.” He whimpered although he wasn’t sure who he was speaking to, either to the stranger for getting emotional or to his brother to somehow appease him and end his tirade. “ I’m s-s-s-s-s-sorry.” He said again, quieter than before. He desperately wanted to be comforted, to be told that everything was going to be alright, but Shiloh was still nowhere to be found, and even if he wasn’t he doubted the male would give him such warm affection. “I’m sorry.” He choked through a sob, for once unable to stutter as he was ravaged by heartbreak and loss.  

Speech

Toad's voice

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-07-2017, 08:56 AM
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
Something truly awful must have happened to this man to make him this way. Alarik watched, his heart aching, as the poor creature trembled and fought against whatever demons plagued his mind. He still wanted to reach out to him somehow, but feared that would only make things worse. When the man started to say he was sorry, over and over, Alarik stepped closer. "Shh... you don't have to be sorry," he whispered, and carefully he brushed up against his side just to offer some sort of comfort and warmth. Then, very gently, Alarik touched his nose to his cheek. "Don't be sorry."

He wanted to know what haunted this poor man, so he could better understand how to help him. It wasn't personal, and he certainly didn't have any ulterior motives. This was Alarik. He prided himself on being a man of honor, always willing to help those in need. And this stranger was in need. "Shhhh..." he whispered again, hoping the sound would ease his anxiety, if only slightly. "I'm here to help you. It's going to be okay."

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
07-07-2017, 09:25 AM
He could feel his chest heaving as he struggled to breathe normally, trying to calm himself down with the help of the stranger. His voice was calm and soothing and seemed to cut through Toad’s roaring voice. He brushed up against him and felt a wave of heat course through him down to his toes, as he slowly relaxed. He choked and swallowed hard, tears streaming down his cheeks in a seemingly endless flow that in spite of the other male’s efforts he couldn’t seem to stop. Everything from his head to his joints seemed to suddenly ache. He convulsed with sniffled as he bit back sobs and slowly lifted his face from under his paws, letting his arms rest beside his head. He still felt miserable, and the pain he felt in his heart seemed to intensify, but knowing that for a moment he wasn’t alone had made all the difference in the world to him. He opened his mouth to thank him but instead released a harsh sob. He started to breathe through his nose and managed to whimper out a soft “Thank you.”

Spider speaking

Echo Speaking

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-07-2017, 01:44 PM
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
To his relief, the physical comfort seemed to be helping. The man relaxed and his trembling became much less noticeable. But something still seemed to be deeply upsetting him. When Alarik had nudged his cheek, he'd felt the tears there. And those tears weren't showing any signs of stopping. For a while, the only sounds that seemed to come from the stranger were sniffles and barely concealed sobs. Alarik frowned, trying to suppress the surge of pity that made his heart ache. Surely the man wouldn't want pity. No one did. But Alarik couldn't help it, he just felt so sorry for him and wanted so badly to help.

"It's okay," he whispered again. He needed to know that everything was going to be alright. Whatever he'd gone through in the past, whatever he was afraid of in the future, those things could be forgotten. He just needed to breathe. "No need to thank me." He nudged the stranger again, this time with his nose bumping against the crown of his head. "Just take a few deep breaths, okay? Concentrate on that. Just breathe."

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
07-08-2017, 10:48 AM

He listened to the male and began to count to ten as he inhaled and exhaled, filling his lungs to their full capacity and emptying them entirely. His head rested against the cool ground, while the other male’s body protected him from the chilled wind. The tears slowly stopped flowing and his body trembled less and less. For a moment he seemed so still that he could have easily been mistaken that he had fallen asleep. “T-t-t-thank you.” He stuttered quietly, his eyes still closed as he spoke. He looked up at the male, exhaustion written all over his features, he was completely worn out from the tidal wave of emotions that just moments ago had left him unable to move. He sniffled one last time and batted at his burning eyes with his wrist.

“W-who a-are y-y-y-y-you?” He asked. He supposed under different circumstances he would have been more eloquent, but as things were it was miraculous he could speak at all. His heart had gone from aching painfully to throbbing dully as he wondered what would happen if he found Shiloh and his “mate” smelled another male on him, would he go after the male or would he punish him like he had done so many times before for slight infractions?

Speech

Toad's voice

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-08-2017, 09:13 PM
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
After several good, deep breaths, the stranger seemed to be feeling a little better. He looked less anxious and distressed, but those emotions had really only been replaced with exhaustion. Still, he seemed to be in a better state of mind. He still struggled to speak eloquently, but Alarik didn't mind that. Just as he didn't mind when the man asked for a second time who Alarik was. Surely after feeling so distressed and panicked, he couldn't be expected to remember the name of a man he just met. And Alarik knew his name could be a bit of a mouthful.

"Alarik," he said gently. The Xanilov part wasn't important right now. This man had probably never heard of the surname belonging to his family. "I'm sorry if I upset you earlier, I really didn't mean to," the boy said, still staying close to keep the man safe from the cold and biting wind.

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
07-09-2017, 06:19 PM

“You d-d-d-didn’t” He said softly, his eyes sliding closed once again as his head began to throb painfully. He gave a final ‘wuff’ before standing, his head kept low and his ears pinned back. “T-t-thank y-y-y-y-y-y-y-“ He squeezed his aching eyes closed as he tried to sputter out the final syllable, but inevitably stopped speaking all together, his expression one of fixed focus. “You.” He said softly, looking away, completely ashamed that he couldn’t even perform the simple task of speaking properly. “M-m-my n-n-name’s S-S-Spider.” He said, his line of sight still fixed on the ground. He sat carefully and instantly began to berate himself for even standing in the first place “He must think I’m crazy.” He thought, for once in his own voice.

Spider’s thoughts had always been in the voices of others, mostly his brother’s although at one point more reassuring thoughts came in his sister’s voice, although those had all but vanished after her death. Instead the voices he heard was usually his dear friend Echo’s. Although they had only known each other for the Fall season the Kookaburra had made great strides to bring him out of his shell before ultimately migrating for the winter.

He cautioned a glance at the male and then quickly looked away, he was of course handsome although he may have only thought that because he had tried so hard to comfort him. He scratched his ear with his back leg in an attempt to clear the unrequited thoughts from his head. He knew his fur was mundane and patchy in the places where it wasn’t frazzled or matted, at least with the dim light of the moon the totality of his overall haggard appearance wasn’t completely visible.

Spider speaking

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-09-2017, 07:01 PM
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
Alarik was relieved to know that he hadn't been the one to cause this man so much pain and distress. He had no idea what the root cause of such strong and terrible emotions could be. He didn't want to pry, but that compassionate side of him still sought to understand. What could have happened to wound this man so deeply and irreparably?

He stammered again, really struggling with it this time. But just like before, Alarik waited patiently until at last he said his thanks. "Don't mention it," he said with a smile. "I'm happy to help."

The stranger introduced himself, saying that his name was Spider. "Huh," he chuckled, wagging his tail in a friendly way. "That's a cool name. Nice to meet you, Spider." He was still relieved to know that the man, Spider, was feeling better. He wanted to ask some questions, but was afraid of triggering more negative emotions, so he held himself back. They'd just have to find something else to talk about... hmm...

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
07-11-2017, 10:51 AM

“T-thank you.” He said softly, although the complement felt hollow as if he were trying to reassure a pup that had separated from its parents. He looked at the male and then looked away quickly, a small quiver rolling up his spine to his shoulders. “W-w-what a-are y-y-you d-d-d-d-doing out h-h-here?” He asked stuttering through the words as best as he could while still avoiding eye contact. “Who are you talking to huh? The worms?” Toad chanted. He squeezed his eyes shut at his brother’s intrusion and lifted his head once he had collected himself a bit more. He realized almost immediately that he had backed himself into a corner and that Alarik would undoubtedly ask him the same question. He felt his stomach turn at that, his mind hurrying to come up with a suitable answer. He supposed there was the truth but he had no way of knowing how the male felt about sodomites. His only experience had been with his family and even Cricket, as kind as she was, found the thought of two males as mates to be one of the most heinous acts a male could commit just short of rape. He felt another chill climb his spine, grasped in fear that his sister might be looking down on him from her place in Yosep’s pack on the moon and damning him from beyond the grave.

Spider speaking

Echo Speaking

Toad's voice

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-13-2017, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2017, 03:02 PM by Alarik.)
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
The man named Spider asked him what he was doing out here. That would work well enough for a conversation starter, Alarik supposed. He smiled a bit and shrugged as he settled onto his haunches in the thin layer of snow. "I don't really know," he admitted. "I've been traveling around aimlessly like this for a while. Just exploring, meeting new wolves. I guess I'm still kind of searching for a purpose."

He knew that sounded kind of depressing, but he hoped it didn't come across that way. When his family had come here, they'd had a purpose in mind. But, as it turned out, they weren't needed to fulfill that purpose anymore. So what were they to do? Surely Alarik wasn't the only Xanilov sibling suffering from this odd feeling of emptiness and restlessness. But, oh, he was being rude. He didn't want to focus the conversation solely on himself. He offered Spider a smile. "How about you? What brought you here?"

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
07-14-2017, 10:46 AM

His ears pinned back as Alarik asked the inevitable question. “I-I’m l-l-looking f-f-f-for m-m-my f-f-friend.” He said softly, unable to help but flinch slightly at the word ‘friend’ although it was hard to say how noticeable it was with his stutter. “W-we g-got s-separated.” He added. He wondered again what Shiloh would do when they reunited and he had the scent of another male on him, maybe he would be angry, or maybe he wouldn’t even care at all. The thought that he wouldn’t care however hurt more than he was willing to admit. His tail thumped the ground nervously as he thought of what to say next, something to move the conversation from himself, but nothing came to mind. Several times he opened his mouth to say something but no words came out. He whined softly, his head pounding from the headache. He could barely think. All he wanted to do was rest…With Shiloh.

Spider speaking

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-21-2017, 01:31 PM
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
This time when the man tried to speak, his stutter seemed much worse. But Alarik waited patiently for the words to come out, and when they did, he frowned a bit. So Spider had lost track of his friend, and was looking for him. Of course, Alarik didn't know the whole story, but he could only guess that Spider was pretty dependent on this friend. He probably needed to find him soon, to have some peace of mind again. And seeing as Alarik didn't have any other plans... "Would you like my help? We could go looking for your friend together, maybe two noses are better than one?"

As he said this, he smiled and waved his tail gently from side to side. Alarik had no bad intentions when it came to this man. Alarik had no bad intentions, period. Ever since he was a pup he had endeavored to be a gallant knight, helping others and doing only the most noble of deeds. He just wanted to help this man. He was clearly distressed over the absence of his friend.

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
07-26-2017, 10:30 AM

“NO.” He said adamantly, his eyes wide with terror just from the thought of Shiloh finding him with the other male. “He’ll kill you, rip you apart and leave nothing left” He thought in his own hushed voice.  “N-no.” he reaffirmed “It w-w-wouldn’t b-b-be w-w-w-wise.” He muttered, his eyes once again on the ground. He realized in an instant what kind of a question an answer like that would lead to and his head snapped up to look at him, bi-colored eyes once again wide with fright. “H-h-he’s…He-“ Spider opened and closed his mouth vying for purchase on a lie before Alarik started asking questions. “H-he d-d-d-doesn’t l-l-l-like p-p-p-people v-v-v-very m-m-m-much.” He sputtered. A half truth was better than a lie he supposed.

“I s-s-should b-b-be g-g-going.” He said, his line of sight once again drifting toward the ground. He glanced up at the male again, his ears pulled back as far as they could go. “T-thank y-y-you f-f-for h-help-p-ping m-m-me” He said and rose to leave the fossilized man things and the other male behind before he could ask a single question regarding Shiloh.

Exit Spider unless stopped

Spider speaking   Echo Speaking  Toad's voice