ardent

[M] Count Your Blessings [Dell]

Quill

gems
size
build
player
07-22-2017, 09:32 PM
Silent. The world seems to be holding it's breath, everything eerily still, as the demoness lounges on the edge of the gorge. Sunlight warms slate fur as frame sprawls upon the new growing grass. Barrel rises and falls in steady rhythm as cerulean blues lay idle beneath her lids. Finally, some god damn peace and quiet. Thoughts are a growl within the caverns of her mind as muscle clad bodice stretches in the closest thing to contentment the woman has experienced in a while. Yawn splits her façade wide, ivors revealed at attention for just a moment before shielded back beneath her lips.

Everything about the woman seems peaceful at the moment but there is the sense of pending danger that clings to the atmosphere. A snake may seem harmless while loafing but the tides may turn in the mere flash of a second. One wrong footfall and you could be between the jaws, venom speeding greedily along your veins. But for now the world moves on tiptoes, hoping to not wake the beast as she slips into slumber.

Hirondelle

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-22-2017, 11:14 PM

[Gale Gorge for Nav Skill]

To say that she wasn't expecting to find a giant hole carved out of the ground would have been an understatement, but if someone had suggested that while she had been walking through a thick pine forest she would just see a huge chunk of the earth seemingly ripped out right under her paws... well then she would have called you silly. 

And yet... there it was. 

Dell stood there for a moment, gazing in awe at the hole, jaw dropped open and eyes wide in a rather comical display of shock. Slowly she became aware of another being in the vicinity, a woman draped over the edge of the gorge and if Dell sensed any danger at all coming from the other wolf she chose to ignore it. She padded forwards slowly, standing beside the woman placing only a few feet between them and leaned forwards slightly, digging her toes into the earth as she did so, eyes scanning the rim of the crater. 

"You think there's any way to get down there?"

Speech

[Image: 2lvy346.png]

Quill

gems
size
build
player
07-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Words. They break the silence and lids snap open. Pupils constrict with the sudden light as they swing to face the woman. A low grumble rolls in her chest. What the fuck. Thoughts are a hiss as frame pushes itself upwards to sit. Audits twitch for just a moment as her brain processes what the woman has said. A moment longer and the woman rises, limbs instantly setting into motion to aim to circle the woman if she would stay in the same place.

”I feel you could find one with a push in the right direction” Once again, if the woman has remained where she is, the words will be a hiss in her ear. Tongue swipes across her lips hungrily as the gears of her mind whir with hunger. An image of the woman plummeting downward into the gorge, Quill peering down eyes locked on hers as she drinks in the fear. I wonder what sound you would make when you hit the ground? She pulls away once more, giving the stranger just enough space but hopefully close enough to still maintain some discomfort.

Hirondelle

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-23-2017, 11:14 PM

Hirondelle continued to peer down into the hole even as the woman beside her slowly unfurled and rounded on her. Even as the stranger's threat was whispered in her ear Dell showed no real signs of fear. Instead she took a single step back from the edge, and cast violets over the other woman's form; her face a neutral mask, missing her usual smile.

Only for a moment though as she cocked her head to the side slightly, a coy smile playing across her lips. "And miss being in the presence of a beauty such as yourself? Where's the fun in that?" She openly eyed the woman up and down, drawing her in, gaze roving from those brilliant blues down her monochrome frame to her rump. 

This time she would make to circle the woman, continuing to size her up, feeling her heat more acutely with each second she drew in the woman's form. She subconsciously swiped at her own chops though her thoughts were a mite bit less sinister than those of the other stranger. 

Speech

Quill

gems
size
build
player
07-25-2017, 12:24 PM
The stranger’s eyes rove over her and she feels her pads prick in response. This is a first. Thoughts twitch in annoyance as she moves to circle Quill. The demoness doesn’t move, instead her posture moves into dominance and muscles coil instinctively. If this woman wanted a game then entertainment she would receive. Toes flex in the earth as she waits for her to finish her once over.

”Some of the most dangerous things are externally beautiful. You would be wise to remember that.” Her words are menacingly quiet as steeled visions are locked on the woman. Oh how she longed for a fight, but she wasn’t going to stoop low enough and attack unprovoked. She enjoyed the chase and the challenge. When the partner wouldn’t fight she didn’t find it as satisfying. How much fight do you have in you? Inner demon purrs against the confines of her skull but she brushes her off. Patience.

Hirondelle

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-26-2017, 05:29 PM

Hirondelle quirked a brow as the woman responded to her advances, her grin turning to a smirk. "And so much more tempting for it." She purred, once more looking the stranger up and down. Then she cocked her head to the side and rolled her shoulders. "Even still I can leave well enough alone." She turned her attention away from the stranger, stepping away and once more examining the crater, her gaze running the rim of the hole, she squinted in search of a ledge, of anything to help her find a way down. Even still she kept her ears visually perked. Cocky she might have been but she wasn't an idiot and she hadn't missed the threat in the woman's words or demeanor.

"I'm Hirondelle by the way." She seemed to trip over the sounds of her name a bit in an awkward attempt at imitating the accent of the one who had named her. "But you can call me Dell," she fixed the woman with deep violet gaze again, "now does the dangerous woman have a name or am I just going to have to be content with calling you that?"

Speech

Quill

gems
size
build
player
07-26-2017, 05:45 PM
A peacock. That is what the stranger reminds Quill of as she cocks her brow in turn and struts about. Gaze removes itself from hers as the woman pulls away towards the crater once more. Limbs itch to leap forward and send her hurtling over the edge. To satisfy the bloodlust that she has kept at bay for a while now. She orders her form to stay though and it thankfully obeys.

Hirondelle. A name to the face and she stashes the two away for a later time, if they were to ever meet again after this encounter. She notices the odd accent and how it sounds uncomfortable upon the girls lips. This strikes her as odd as your name is usually the first thing you learn as a child, the thing that follows you throughout your life. They she in turn asks for the demoness’ name. She prowls forward, bringing herself alongside Dell and leaning out dangerously over the edge. Visuals cast downwards to the earth below, not even bothering to gauge the distance as she could tell it was far enough to crush any soul that were to fall. ”Quill.” It sounds foreign among her own lips, having not shared her calling for some time. She had been named by her father after the quills on a porcupine. As a pup Quill had been quick to anger and would jump to defense at the drop of a hat. Much like the creature when it felt threatened.

Hirondelle

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-29-2017, 05:46 PM

A small part of her wanted the stranger to withhold her name, as much as she was threatening; venom dripping from her lips there was a small amount of enjoyment Dell could garner from watching her reactions. It was clear from her reactions she was at least confused by her advances and that was enough to pique the girl's curiosity. Still the stranger would give her her name. A small smile broke across his face and she turned her attention back to the task as hand.

"So Quill, you tellin' me you have no curiosity at, no desire to know what might be down there?" She cast the woman a sideways glace still mildly wary of the woman and her threats. "Could be something great!" She danced away a bit, keeping enough distance between the lip of the crater and herself.

Speech

Quill

gems
size
build
player
07-30-2017, 08:58 PM
Another question. Well aren’t you quite the chatterbox. Thoughts are of slight annoyance but lack the animosity they usually do. She had been on her own so long that being in the presence of another would take some time to get used to. Audits lay themselves to the rear. ”My mind has no use to wonder over things that matter little to me.” Words are let loose upon her breath, curling forward without emotion. How long had it been since the woman had felt something? Any sort of emotion besides anger?

The woman moves and she in turn takes a couple steps back as cerulean blues move along the walls of the crater to the side of them. They eye up an easy sloping ledge that climbs along the wall and would lead them to the bottom. Limbs begin to move, propelling her frame towards where she had spotted. ”But if it matters that much to you let’s go find out.” Putting energy forth to explore the wants of another was odd for the woman but she had ulterior motives. She had decided that after a while she would be hoping to start a pack here. Maybe this woman would eventually be one of her followers? Only time would tell.

Hirondelle

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
08-12-2017, 06:38 PM

Hirondelle flicked her gaze towards the other woman, noting the position change in her ears. She kept the flicker of hesitation from her face and though she still kept the distance between them Dell gave a casual shrug at the other woman's words. "To each their own I guess."

Still it seemed she had broken through the prickly woman's walls at least a bit, it would still remain to be seen if that she was in deep water. Still she wagged her tail, allowing her tongue to loll happily from her jaw. Dell followed Quill though she kept a safe distance.

Speech

Quill

gems
size
build
player
08-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Dell’s happy deamonr set her nerves to prickling again, grating against each other like pads upon hard sand. She had never understood the simplicity of others, how they could live so care free. When was the last time you were happy?” The inner demoness slithers in her chest, pulling at the strings of memories left buried. Hoping to drag the woman down into the dark depths, to light the fire of resentment. Quill pushes it away, swallowing hard in hopes of burying the creature back for a while.

As they move audits flicker back to the woman, noting that she was keeping her distance. They wound along the edge, paw steps slow and calculated as they pick their way down into the gorge. In a short time they finally reach the bottom and she steps aside to let the woman explore first. Eyes are met with sparse yet hardy vegetation and many other odd plants she is not familiar with. An annoyed sigh escapes her lips as she speaks to Dell. ”Was this everything you had hoped and dreamed?” Words are cast with a steeled tone and the exaggerated arch of a brow.

Hirondelle

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
08-21-2017, 04:52 PM

The decent was slow, each step measured and precise. Dell kept her eyes rooted to her paws, watching where she was walking though she desperately wanted to observe the world around her as the pair moved down. Each quick glance out away from the small ledge she and Quill had perched themselves on sent an unpleasant wave of dizziness through her that helped to cement her gaze back to what was literally right in front of her.

Finally though the wall melded into the ground and she jumped the last bit of the way down, and in that instant she was off, tail high over her rump, beating the air as she raced along the pit's outer wall. Then she stopped, gazing at the opposite side of the hole and craned her neck. Squinting and rump pushed into the stone wall Dell could just make out the outer rim of the opposite wall.

The dappled girl slowly made her way back towards her "companion" observing the sparse vegetation and the way the stone around them cut through the sun's rays. Quill spoke and Dell stopped, ears twitching and gaze lowered. "I don't know if I was expecting anything, but I am glad I did it." Then she looked the other woman in the eyes, a genuine smile playing across her lips. "Thank you..."  Her voice trailed for a moment and she suddenly felt the need to explain. "I know I kinda sprung the idea on you and uh... you've been very... accommodating." Her tail wagged slightly, there was a clear nervousness to her tone though she did her best to hide it. "I'll probably keep exploring a little longer and I don't really expect you to uh, stay down here. I won't disturb you again."

Well today anyways.

Speech