Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
08-02-2017, 09:27 AM

He had left early that morning, it was the first time he had left Dragoste’s borders since arriving although now he felt content that his place in the pack was secure. He followed the scent of salt to the small estuary and watched the gentle lapping of briny water from the cover of the cone-like trees. Somewhere beyond the marigold tinted sea was his home, a land where honor and loyalty meant something, unlike the godless land where he had landed. He closed his eyes and felt the warm light of Ley slowly caress his fur as the sun began to rise. If Ley had created the world than surely he had made this land too. Its occupants were simply ignorant, like pups before their parents first take them to greet His light and teach them His will.

He inhaled slowly, relaxing, remembering the face of Ley as the sun god had always shown himself in his meditations; a being of sheer warm light, untouched by even the slightest shadow, and yet not unable to be looked upon. The high priest Mihal may have casted him out but Ley would never abandon him, of that he was sure.

Speech

Ajatar

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
08-03-2017, 10:37 AM
QUICKSAND'S GOT NO SENSE OF HUMOR BUT I'M STILL LAUGHING LIKE HELL

OOC: Hope you don't mind me jumping in this <3

A squirrel in her maw, a nice breeze through her fur – Tara couldn’t ask for much more in the short run. The scent of her meal lingered through her nose, masking the scents of everyone else in the area. Perhaps that was why she hadn’t detected the other wolf’s presence until she was almost running right into him, freezing in her tracks as she analyzed the situation in front of her. He was alone, seemingly, yet scents seemed to linger on his pelt. He was calm, relaxed, which suggested he was non-threatening, which meant she could pull information out of him if she followed suite.

She set the snack she’d caught earlier down, offering the man in front of her a soft smile as her nose twitched softly. “Hello! How are you today?” Her voice was soft, carrying a honey sweet tone to it as she tried to convey the body of innocence.

Yale

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
08-03-2017, 05:53 PM

He had just opened his mouth to begin the first of many prayer howls when a voice caught his attention. The fleece furred wolf turned his head, inquisitive eyes taking in the girl before he spoke in response. “I am very well stranger.” He said, his voice a deep boom radiating his strength. Under normal circumstances he would have put pleasantries aside and simply prayed regardless of her presence, but here he was out of his element, and of course he still wasn’t quite sure his god was still with him.

“I am Yale, of Dragoste. It is pleasant to meet you.” He greeted, avoiding using his family name although he doubted she would have ever even heard of it, let alone know of it’s importance and the heightened station he had been born into. It was all somewhat arbitrary now that he thought of it; his family was important in the trinity of Eclya, Bromos, and Parth but here in Boreas it was meaningless. The girl hadn’t yet acquired the scent that seemed so inherent on the land which meant she was likely just as new to this place as he was, although he had spared no time in acquainting himself with a pack.

Speech,

Ajatar

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
08-04-2017, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 02:04 AM by Ajatar. Edit Reason: Took out my OOC note because I just copied my template from the first post )

Her faux smile softened with his answer, a small dip of her head to acknowledge his answer. He did not return the question, something she couldn’t help but be a little grateful for. He introduced himself as Yale, a name she archived along with the term Dragoste which she assumed was either a pack or a tribe. “Dragoste? I’ve never heard of it.” She commented idly to try and lull more information out of him, hints of false distress lingering in her tone. Was it a pack she should find herself interested in investigating, or one she should simply leave to topple once she’d found a kingdom she could work with.

Then there was another question she found lingering at the back of her brain, one she could not help but probe him with. “If you’re of Dragoste, then why are you wandering around out here?” Why had he ventured so far from home? Was he a scout, or perhaps just looking to get away? Was Dragoste a place or a pack at all? She was certain she’d find the answer with time, but for now she found herself leaning back on her haunches, taking a seat with her tail softly brushing against the ground behind her.

Yale

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
08-04-2017, 09:34 AM

The woman prodded him with questions although, he didn’t mind. It was natural to be curious although truth be told he wasn’t sure there was much he could explain. “To my understanding, Dragoste is fairly new.” He explained, his expression gentle despite the commanding thunder of his voice. “The leader is a fine young man named Ganta, and to my knowledge, he welcomes all travelers.” He had at least accepted him, although whether or not this was a wise decision, however, remained to be seen.

He cleared his throat before answering her second question, sure that it would be alarming to her to not only find a man of faith but a man that had devoted his life to his faith since the time he was a pup. “I came here to pray.” He said solemnly “I was promised a chance to preach my faith to the people of Dragoste but have yet to do so. “ He looked over his shoulder to the rising sun and closed his eyes as His holy light caressed his fur. He opened his eyes slowly and heaved a deep and relaxed sigh “I came to ask for strength and to worship Ley as I swore to do each morning.” There was an old wive's tale that said telling another person your prayers would keep them from being fulfilled, but Yale wanted to believe his god was more powerful than some silly superstition, and of course it seemed like a good opportunity to convert one ignorant to His glory.

Speech

Ajatar

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
08-04-2017, 12:49 PM

Her interest in Dragoste disappeared with the words fine young man - those were not the words she’d been hoping to hear, and only resembled the form of weakness in her mind. Still, she smiled, pretended to be intrigued. She simply didn’t ask anything more of the pack itself. If he asked later, she could always tell him that she was not interested in settling down just yet and merely wanted more information for when she might finally seek out a permanent home. She was aiming for a gypsy-esque appearance in her current predicament.

When he spoke of prayer, she wanted to scoff at him. She wanted to scold him for holding himself under his own paw by praying to some imaginary higher being. Her pack had gods and prayers, a form of paganism. Her parents had even been named after them as alphas of the pack… she thought it was a bunch of bullshit. Still, she refrained. “I’ve never heard of Ley… my family most commonly prayed to Kuu because we were night hunters, and Kuu is the goddess of the moon. She’d bless us and give us strength and vision when we went out as a pack so we did not starve under her watch.” A part of her really just wanted to see what such a devout man would think of another’s religion being introduced to him. She watched his reaction carefully.