Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
08-22-2017, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 09:13 PM by Tealah.)
It seemed his whole life since Ebony had revolved around bouncing from pack to pack. Everyone he knew and grew close to gone as each pack vanished into time. He had finally chosen to go to one of the packs that had been around for as long as he could remember, deciding that the humiliation of facing a former ally after having failed so many times would be worth having stability for the first time in so many years... but now he stood on Abaven's borders with his stomach in knots. Bass' scent was gone from the borders. Even here change had come. How long before Abaven, too, crumbled and fell?

Kassander dropped his haunches to the ground to stare at his paws. He was so... tired. Just so weary of loss and failing. He didn't know if he had the energy to go look for a different pack now, but did he dare trust it's stability with a stranger at Abaven's helm?

Rommel ghosted up beside him, the fox rubbing his cheek soothingly against Kass' shoulder, offering silent support but otherwise saying nothing. It was comforting to know that even if this pack disappeared like all the others, Rommel and Remy would still be there for him. Kass gave a gusty sigh. Still, it would be good to have wolf friends that didn't leave him, too. He'd never have that, would he?

Well, not if he sat at the border of every pack moping. Internally cringing at the risk he once again took as he, once again, put himself forward, Kassander raised his muzzle and howled, a note of uncertainty in his voice as he called for the alpha.

Váli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
keanai

Famous
09-02-2017, 06:06 PM
The call caught her attention, and her head lifted as she stared out across the plain, as if she could see the stranger from there. It was a welcome sound, and rather peculiar with the... hesitation? that appeared to be in the stranger's voice. Either way, she wasn't going to just let it sit, and she got to her feet quickly, loping towards the source.

She slowed as she approached the border, taking in the scent that was drifting towards her, and she nodded to herself, though her brow furrowed in slight confusion at the heavy fox scent that was equally as fresh. Was it more than one joiner? It wasn't Dart; she'd know the older male's scent. Either way, her curiosity was solved as the red-hued stranger came into view, and she greeted him with a dip of her head and a smile as she approached, her eyes also going to the wolf's two companions as she did so.

"Hello," she said softly, drawing close to the border. "I am Vali, alpha of Abaven. What brings you all to the border of Abaven?" All, because she was pretty sure if the mouse-creature wasn't a companion of the wolf's, it'd have been eaten by now. So, she included it.
[Image: aGjjkVy.png]

Kassander

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
09-25-2017, 08:17 PM
Kassander turned a solemn gaze to the wolf who greeted him. It seemed so unnatural for Bass not to be here, but almost the more unnatural for the fact that the smaller female could have almost been a Destruction herself, but wasn't. He knew Bass' family scent, and hers didn't contain it. Rommel swiveled to fix his own green gaze on the female as well, the fox's quiet eyes not holding the same uncertainty as his larger friend but rather a dignified calm as he clearly appraised the alpha.

"I - I am Kassander Xanilov, and this is my companion Rommel," Kass returned her introduction shakily. "I was hoping to find Bass here - we... we were allies once - but I see he isn't alpha anymore. I was... I mean, we were... going to ask him if we could join his pack..." He trailed off, his mismatched eyes unfocusing as he stared out over the pack lands that smelled so differently, clearly troubled by the change.

Váli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
keanai

Famous
09-26-2017, 06:02 PM
The uncertainty was apparent, and Vali had no issue listening to him as he spoke. Sadness flashed in her own eyes - and she glanced away briefly, before sighing and returning to focus on him. "Greetings, Kassander, Rommel." Was the mouse-like creature not of their number then? That was fine with her. It was too small for her to bother to try catching it, too, and the action could look hostile to Kassander and his companion.

"Bass... Bass left late last season. He went in search of missing pups of the pack. He... hasn't returned yet. He asked me to hold the pack until then." She paused, staring at Kassander. He seemed so true, and so uncertain; should she also admit this next part? ... She might as well. "It seemed I was the only one who he had told. Most of the pack and his closest friends left Abaven the moment they heard of his journey, despite his intent to return. He hadn't told his children, either, despite taking one of them with him. One of his daughters, Sparrow, requested alphaship of the pack when I offered it to Bass' remaining children. She is supposed to become alpha soon - whenever she feels she is ready.... with that in mind, do you still want to join Abaven?"
[Image: aGjjkVy.png]