gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
08-24-2017, 01:52 PM
One could be forgiven for mistaking the canine form that wormed it's way through the fruiting trees was nothing more than a piece of the night sky in wolf-shape. Nebulous swirls of color on a black pelt, red and white stars scattered among them, but the crafty gleam of blood-red eyes set within the sturdy face put lie to the illusion. The double-pawful of rawhide straps draped over the fiery neck were ready to be set up as snares, a few tanned furs and hides carefully tied over her back waiting to be turned into... something, showed a much more grounded, earthier creature than her coloration suggested.

A toothy grin split her dark muzzle at all the signs of small prey she found in and about the trees, and a critical glance around showed plenty of little rabbit-runs she could set snares on for unwary bunnies. But she stopped a moment at the deer-sign and wrinkled her nose thoughtfully - did she have anything large enough to use as a deer snare? It would certainly be a nice change of pace, she rarely had good fresh deer living as a loner. Most of her deer these days she'd scavenged from larger predators or packs. Oooh and hogs, there were hogs here. She wouldn't have so difficult a time climbing high enough to set a pig snare.

The sturdy little wolf chuckled harshly to herself as she busied herself setting a snare on a rabbit run. Fuck traditional hunting anyway. Chasing down prey was for chumps.

Amos

Loner
Legionary

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
08-24-2017, 02:24 PM
Scurrying about on legs that grew longer(and so far no less awkward) each day, Amos once again found himself alone, exploring the land that for the time being was home to him and his little family. He climbed fallen longs, baring his teeth at branches that waved in the breeze and jumping at them, shredding leaf from twig in a less than fearsome display. Someday that'd be a great big deer though, he'd grow big and hunt big animals!

Tramping around through the trees, he was growing bored of his usual games and was considering going to find his brothers when he heard someone walking around nearby. That was weird, it didn't sound like anyone he knew. Padding over on his over-sized paws, Amos boldly went to investigate, marching out of the undergrowth till he found himself standing before a wolf unlike anything he'd ever seen! She was so colorful, she looked like night time, maybe prettier than that too. With mouth agape, he gazed up at the taller wolf, pearly white needle-teeth all plenty visible with how wide his jaw dropped. After a moment, he broke his silence "Whas' that?" he asked, shifting his attention to the materials she carried, head tilting so far to the side he seemed as though he might tumble over.

Leto

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
10-14-2017, 06:05 PM
The sudden tramp of paws through the ground cover made her glad she had forsaken traditional hunting so she didn't have to worry about whoever it was chasing off her prey. Still, her ears laid back flat and she wrinkled her nose in irritation as she twisted away from her newly-set snare to glare at the intruder.

Oh ew. It was a child.

She made a grimace of disgust, sticking her tongue out a little. And of course it already had questions. Kids always had questions. They never shut up! 'What's that' and 'why' and 'what are you doing' and 'are we there yet' ugh. "What does it look like it is, runt?" she snarked, shrugging her shoulders to straighten the hides. "I skin nosy little pups and make them into blankets for my den."

Amos

Loner
Legionary

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
10-17-2017, 04:22 PM
Scrunching up his face to study the woman very intently, the boy tried to decide if he liked her or not. It was probably a bit early to be forming those opinions though, as he came up with nothing aand eventually gave up. When she stuck out her tongue he frowned and stuck his out right back at her, though he put much more effort into the action than she had and probably looked real silly.

At her words he eyed her, looking back at the pelts again before dropping into his best guess at what a fight stance ought to be, though his butt was way up in the air for some reason even he couldn't understand and had to blame on his little pup body having a mind of it's own, "Prove it!" he growled, giving her the fiercest growl he could. It probably was not that impressive.

Leto

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
10-17-2017, 04:39 PM
The boy stuck his tongue back out at her, and Leto stuck hers out again. Harder. Because she was an adult damnit and that meant she was better. At everything. Even being childish. Then she eyed him with a gimlet eye, sizing up the rodent with a sneer. Fight him? Fight a scrawny, dumb little thing like that? If he stuck his butt up any higher he'd look like a goddamn bitch in heat is what he'd look like. But hey, if he insisted... but then she snorted explosively and grimaced at him. "Why should I? Yer jus' a scrawny ugly thing and I ain't going to get ta sleep with yer ugly mug staring at me all night." She made a face like a dead thing, tongue sticking out to the side, jaw gaping and blood red eyes crossed. "Jus' like that, yer hide would give me the disgust-mares is what it'd do."

Amos

Loner
Legionary

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
10-17-2017, 05:36 PM
Giggling and scrunching his face up more he'd attempt to continue competing in this tongue-sticking competition and outdo her with the most intense expression he could manage, stifling laughter the whole time.

Denied his puppy fight of doom, Amos suddenly tumbled over sideways and frowned deeply, now upside down staring at the starry lady. Well, if nothing else worked... "Awww, c'mon, you're jus' as mean as that dummy Rogdar." He pouted, looking likee she just ruined his whole life. Ugh, and now he was thinking about stupid Rogdar. Rogdar was so annoying. Maybe he didn't like this lady if she was mean like his brother. Righting himself, Amos peered at her uncertainly, overly large ears flicking to and fro. He wiggled closer too her, crawling on his belly. "Naw it wouldn't!" he whined, switching to sad puppy eyes mode.

Leto

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
10-18-2017, 10:07 AM
Leto rolled her eyes at the pup's dramatics. "I dunno who fucking Rodgar is an' I don't care. Think mebbe he's mean t'you cuz you're an annoying little rat who don't shut up?"

She squinted sideways at him with her nose wrinkled in confusion. Was he trying to convince her to skin him and use his fur for a rug? Because it sure as hell sounded like that was what he was doing. She was tempted to snap her jaws at his face just to watch him run squealing, but she was curious how far he'd go with trying to convince her. "Nope, completely too ugly for a den rug. Mebbe I just give your skin t' Rodgar and let'im do what 'e wants wit' it," she added with a sudden burst of maliciousness. "Wouldn't be no use to me at all oth'wise."

Amos

Loner
Legionary

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
10-20-2017, 02:40 PM
Amos huffed at the older woman, sitting back so he could stare up at her with tricolored eyes, his expression one of frustrated confusion. "You're no fun at all, you know that?" What was her deal, anyways? Even his mom wasn't this much of a spoilsport. This woman sure coulda given her a run for her money in the grump department though, yeesh.

Eventually he just rolled his eyes at her, hopping up and shaking out his down pelt, "Well, it's been no fun at all miss whoever you are, have fun doing whatever you do with whatever that junk is and being no fun." This lady was just so unfun, and cutting, at leaast Rogdar wasn't any good at being a butt. He sure did try though. Padding on past the colorful stranger lady he peered around at the trees and figured he might just try and wander a little extra far today. Maybe he'd get all the way out of the orchard today, before his brothers even had. Yeah, that would show them they weren't better than him. He'd look so cool if he got to go on an awesome adventure by himself. The woman forgotten - despite the fact that she was right by him - Amos tentatively set off, muttering to himself, "-jus go s'plorin' by myself."

Leto

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
11-12-2017, 09:00 PM
She couldn't help it. She really couldn't. The pup was just being so ridiculous that Leto could not keep her eyes from rolling again. The sheer gall of the brat to think that she was supposed to be fun when he'd been the one to wander up uninvited and start badgering her when she was trying to set her traps! If he'd wanted fun maybe he should have found another snot nosed rugrat to play with. "Righ', cuz I came here jest t' be your entertainment. Lemme just go put my entertainin' pelt on so I can get righ' on bein' fun fer ye."

She shook herself in annoyance, the hides shifting on her back and the dangling strips of rawhide rattling together. At least the kid was leaving, wandering off muttering to himself in that whiny high pitched voice all kids had. Leto shuddered. If she never saw another child again it would be too soon. She made a mental note to avoid any potential nieces or nephews from her sisters until they had already gotten them to at LEAST yearlings.

"Good riddance!" she snorted at the pup's retreating hindquarters, settling back onto her haunches to readjust the snare, though she had considerably less hope for catching a meal here if there were pups tromping around scaring everything off. With the luck she was having lately she'd manage to catch one of the pups, and then she'd have to listen to it squalling and crying and probably have to deal with angry parents... ugh.