gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
09-17-2017, 05:56 PM
It was time. The season had changed a while ago and there had been barely a word from Vali. She had proven to just be a placeholder alpha, capable of only the bare minimum duties to hold a pack together. Bass hadn't returned, and Sparrow wasn't sure he was going to. She had her brother's support and Vali's offer in her mind.

It was time for Sparrow to inherit the pack.

Sparrow tried to locate the alphaess. Surely it shouldn't have been a hard task. Eventually, she called out for the older woman and perhaps Lark should he want to partake in the deal. The small woman reminded herself of her brothers words. Abaven always belonged to the Destruction family. He was right and he could help her if she needed him to. As long as he backed her, Sparrow felt confident moving forward.

With her call echoing across the lands, Sparrow waited. She really wished Vali had approached her, but if this was how it had to be, then Sparrow would call her out and make sure things were handled.

Váli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
keanai

Famous
09-26-2017, 05:55 PM
Sparrow must have passed by Vali a dozen times, and not once did Vali realize that it was she who the girl had been searching for. Of course, Vali had been curled up in her den, completely preoccupied by the herbs within, so she hardly even noticed when wolves walked by. When the call acme, from Sparrow, her ears perked up, her head tilting as she paused in her task. Was it time? Was Sparrow finally ready?

Vali shook herself free of the bits of herbs, before popping out of the her den and heading towards the source of the call - not too far away. Her brow furrowed as she nodded to Sparrow. Why didn't Sparrow just come to her den? Ah, well. "Are you ready?" she asked softly. She'd been waiting for Sparrow to approach her - she didn't want to force it on Sparrow, not after she asked for time. To ask would be to be pushy, and she didn't want Sparrow to take over when she didn't feel ready.
[Image: aGjjkVy.png]

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
09-26-2017, 06:20 PM
Vali came to her and didn't look all too surprised. She figured the woman had known why she was there. Vali smelled of herbs, bringing back memories to Sparrow. The older woman nodded, and asked if it was time.

"It's time," Sparrow said simply and with some confidence.

After a moment of letting the words settle, Sparrow spoke again, "I'd love to have you stay as an adviser. I had to come with terms that my father must have trusted you a lot to leave the pack to you, and I'm sure I could use some guidance."

Sparrow offered a smile, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. She was still upset that their father left without saying a word to her. With Lark behind her, Sparrow didn't need much help, but having Vali as an ally couldn't hurt.

"Do you think we should call a meeting for this to be official or... is there something else?"

Váli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
keanai

Famous
10-01-2017, 06:15 PM
"Then the pack is yours." The words were said softly, though without hesitation - on the inside however, she felt that hesitation she didn't speak. Was this the right decision? Was it not? Sparrow was... as flighty as her name suggested, and had been outside the pack more often than within it. Then she returns, and suddenly wants the pack - and yet, she was Bass' daughter and Vali knew that a chance had to be given. Would Sparrow be a good leader? She wasn't sure, but Vali supposed only time would tell.

"I'll help as much as I can," Vali promised, nodding to the young woman. Vali didn't have much experience leading - but she had experience with life, and all sorts of other things, so hopefully that would help. "And... yes, a meeting would be a good idea, I think. It's official now, but letting the rest of the pack know that the transition happened would be good."
[Image: aGjjkVy.png]

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-01-2017, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2017, 07:16 PM by Sparrow I.)
Sparrow smiled sweetly at Vali's words, feeling her heart speed up just a tad. She wasn't really sure how to categorize this lightness she felt. It wasn't really an emotion she had felt in years. She caught the hesitation in Vali's voice, but it was over now. Sparrow would have to try to figure everything out for herself.

As Vali mentioned calling a meeting, Sparrow nodded, "I'll relocate and call one. You can follow, if you'd like. I just want a moment to think of how to address the pack before I call them all to me. I need to try to give a good impression, at the very least."

With that, Sparrow turned and veered off. She debated on where to call the meeting. Would it be okay to use the same spot her father did, or somewhere else?

-exit-