Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-03-2017, 11:46 AM

The woman had wandered even further than usual this time. Like her kin, Razi grew more and more restless the longer they were inactive. Her only hope to stave off boredom was to go find ways to sate her ever present curiosity. Today she'd noticed the scent of pack wolves and decided to investigate. If they were going to be clashing with the mortal natives of this land it would be nice to know more about what to expect. Ebony paws swept through grass that grew longer the closer she got to the border. They were nearby... scenting the air for a moment, Razi paused as she stood at the top of a small hill overlooking what she assumed to be part of this packs territory. Quietly the dark figure crept closer, paws rolling gently to stifle any noise so she might get a chance to peek at the territory guarded by the nearby border before she summoned someone to speak with.

It was early morning, birds only just starting to sing their morning songs. Would the wolves tucked safely inside these lands be up and about? She had no way of knowing what the daily schedule of a pack wolf might look like. Standing at the edge of the packs mediocre scent markings, the woman took a moment to investigate the scents. The number of smells she picked out was... underwhelming. At best. Some seemed to have not been reestablished in some time, nearly gone by now but still clinging faintly to the grasses. Tip toeing along for a bit the woman of Shadow and gold took mental notes. The undergrowth was so thick she figured only members of this pack could navigate it very well. Interesting. Once she'd finished walking this way and that, searching for scents and leaning as close as she dared to the border to peek around, Razi moved to an open spot, staying firmly on her side of the border and called for the alpha of this smattering of wolves. Let us see who would answer her call, and whether or not this leader might manage to impress her, or paint a target unwittingly on their back.

"Talk" "You" Think

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-03-2017, 12:47 PM
It seemed as if Sparrow had only become alpha minutes ago and there was already a call at the border. Sparrow's heart quickened. What kind of call was this? Did someone want to join, or was there to be conflict already? As soon as she heard the call, the small wolf headed towards it.

At the border, Sparrow spotted the other female. She was pretty large, though not quite as large as Ashmedai or Kanja. Her coat was... pretty amazing. It looked as if her body was cast in a shadow, with her ears and the back of her neck poking into the sunlight. Feathery light markings dripped from the outer corners of her eyes.

Okay, Sparrow, she's pretty- she's also waiting for you to respond.

Sparrow walked up to the border and paused, "Good morning, I'm Sparrow Destruction, the Alpha of Abaven. What brings you to our borders today?"

Sparrow wasn't so dumb to think that everyone who came to visit would want to join- gods knew how often Ash had frequented the pack. She hoped- at least- that the woman came out of curiosity rather than malice.

Razi

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-03-2017, 01:11 PM

Lounging in the grass while she awaited the arrival of the unknown wolf she'd summoned, Razi took a moment to preen and stew in her own thoughts, washing away specks of dirt from her coat while going over what she was going to do when the alpha came to engage in a nice little chat. Information was all Razi needed. It was best to not be hasty, to learn what she could and not start shit like less tactful members of her family were oh so prone to doing. How long until they made the wrong move with that Talis pack? Probably not long. Oh well, no use worrying, not that Razi ever truly worried. Straightening and shaking out her thick pelt at the sound of paws carrying the one she sought ever closer, she did her best to look at regal as she could.

Pale gold eyes sought to capture the significantly smaller womans green orbs in their depths. While she hadn't the energy to put on an act - the trip here was draining, alright? - it was at least easy enough to stay on the friendly end of the spectrum. A soft, yet still tight-lipped smile graced her features accompanied by a nod. "Good morning to you too." her voice was uncharacteristically warm, normally so lacking in feeling or enthusiasm, the charm was being turned up a great deal to achieve this effect. "I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, I am Razi Abraxas," she announced with a hint of pride as her surname passed her lips. Giving the other woman the briefest of once-overs to really take in this alpha of Abaven, she took in the small frame, thick fur, and curious markings all at once then her gaze moved to meet Sparrows again. "I'm still quite new to these lands and the packs within them and well, I thought rather than blundering about without a clue and hoping to stumble on information I may as well go look for some lovely creature to help me get a better grip of who my neighbors are. Your pack was the first one I came upon so I figured it was worth a shot." she purred sweetly.

"So I suppose I'm here to learn a bit about your pack, and any other tidbits you would be willing to share. I'd be quite grateful for the help."

"Talk" "You" Think

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-06-2017, 05:48 PM
The beautiful woman introduced herself as Razi Abraxas. Sparrow was fairly sure she had never heard that familial name before, but she committed it to memory. It was a nice, sharp sounding name. Razi looked Sparrow over and Sparrow found herself shying away slightly from the woman's gaze. She wasn't terribly used to having eyes linger on her form.

The woman explained that she was new to the area and decided to look around. Sparrow smiled lightly, "Well, I'm glad you came here. Many wolves are a tad intimidated by packs and don't dare approach them unless they intend on joining. It's nice to have visitors every once in a while, though."

Sparrow thought for a moment. What should she tell this woman?

"There are several packs in the area, but as for Abaven, it was founded by my father, Bass. We are a pack intended to train in various skills and to be able to aid those in need in return for favors. We have even been called upon in times of war. Recently, my father departed and thus, I have stepped up as the new alpha."

Sparrow thought that was probably a decent and brief description of Abaven and its history.

"If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to try to answer them. As for the other packs, I'm not terribly familiar with their rules and customs, though I hope to become more accustomed tom them someday."

Ashmedai had bragged about how he had visited all the packs, but Sparrow hadn't had the chance to ask him what he learned. She supposed she shouldn't divulge other pack secret to loners though. For now, she waited, the tiny smile still on her maw.

Razi

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-09-2017, 08:24 PM

Soaking every little move the other woman made was par for the course in such a quest for information. Keeping from being obvious was an unfortunate struggle but Razi did her best to show only reasonable interest in what Sparrow did and said. Laughing, Razi replied, "I figured most loners wouldn't be bold enough to come just for social chats. It is unfortunate though, there's a lot to be gained from having the courage to simply ask questions and nothing really to lose. You'd think it would be more obvious, but, I suspect most fear being chased off and don't bother. Their loss is my benefit though I suppose. Now I don't have to compete," she grinned as she spoke, truly enjoying the thought that she'd been smarter than the average loner. But, it was to be expected of a descendant of the fallen god, right?

Nodding, Razi digested what Sparrow shared with a serious expression, filing away notes to remember later. A pack that hired itself out to others was a new concept to Razi, but definitely an interesting twist on the usual pack mentality. They sounded like a relatively intelligent bunch, she'd give them that. Not everyone would think to offer what they knew to others for things in exchange. "I see. Sounds like a very interesting pack. I'm sure taking over was an interesting transition," she mused. Razi herself never felt suited to the role of leadership. Patient though the was, she couldn't deal with trying to wrangle a bunch of wolves and keep them on task. The thought of trying made her shudder a bit. "I hope all has gone well for you thus far." Her face became softer, taking on a friendly and open expression.

"I am curious how many packs there are, if you know that is. I'm sure it's hard to keep track at times. Oh, and if you know if many of them are very large. It would be nice to know if many lands I pass by will be claimed or if they'll be few and far between, or somewhere in the middle." She kind of thought that larger packs would have more lands after all. How large was this pack? How did she ask? Was that something she could just come out and ask someone?

A soft breeze ruffled her fur though it went largely unnoticed even as it grew stronger. It did pay to have thick fur sometimes. Not in summer, but every other time. The winter was always fun cause she could strut around cozy as could be in her winter coat while her relatives shivered in the cold.

"Talk" "You" Think

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-31-2017, 07:32 PM
The woman spoke at length about how she felt there was much to be gained from asking questions, unlike the typical loner. She seemed like she was trying hard to stand out... either that or she thought she was a standout already. Sparrow wasn't quite sure if it was really a good thing or not. Like... survival of the masses or something, right? Not that Sparrow was about to do anything about it, she just didn't get wolves like this Razi and Ashmedai.

The woman then said the pack sounded interesting and that she had hoped the transition was going well.

"Splendidly," Sparrow said without hesitation.

Razi went on to ask more specific questions. It sounded almost like she was planning a take over or something. Sparrow shrugged, "Packs always come and go. I can never be sure how many exist. There is one nearby, however. I believe one of my friends might be more able to answer you, since he travels often, although I'm unsure of where he is."

Sparrow thought of Ashmedai bragging about visiting all the packs. Sounded like him anyway.

"As far as pack numbers, that's even more unpredictable than the number of packs at any given point. Alphas don't like to exchange specific numbers with one another, I suppose, but the border is a good representation."

Sparrow smiled after answering the questions, not noticing the wind picking up.

"Have I answered everything?" Sparrow asked, "Or is there more to be asked?"

Razi

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
11-03-2017, 11:38 PM

The little woman wasted no time in answering Razi's inquiry, and the Abraxas woman had to wonder if she was sensing a sharpness, a faintest of hints at an edge to her tone. Fair enough, perhaps Razi had become a bit too eager in her quest for knowledge. It happened sometimes; she - despite her godly origins - was quite fallible. But what were mistakes if not opportunities? An opportunity to learn, to do better. And learn and improve she would.

"I believe one of my friends might be more able to answer you," Now she had Razi's undivided attention. She let her tail tap the ground, excited about the idea of someone equipped to give her the answers she sought. "Ooh, I'd like to meet him if it's possible." Yes, someone who traveled, someone who actually got away from pack borders would be far more equipped to seek out this sort of information, anyways.

Nodding to the woman's other answers, Razi supposed she should have considered this on her own. Always worth trying to get the answers without the extra work though, eh? Worth a shot, anyhow. Smiling brightly, Razi chirped, "I think you have! Thank you for being so helpful, I do appreciate it." Then, after a moment's pause, her jaws parting slightly in absent minded thoughtfulness, the dark woman seemed to jump a little as she quickly added, "I hope you don't think me strange for showing up and asking all these random and specific things! I guess I didn't really think about how odd it might be until now, sometimes I just get curious about things and look for answers without thinking about how weird it is out of context-" cutting herself off, Razi delivered a deeply apologetic look, complete with a ears falling back and an innocent widening of those bright golden eyes, "I'm sorry."

"You really have been very helpful to me though, doll."

"Talk" "You" Think

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
11-08-2017, 11:59 AM
The woman said she'd love to meet her friend. Sparrow resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Yes, she was sure Ash would love to meet her as well. Pretty and strange; just Ash's type.

"Well, he's not a member of the pack, so I'm unsure of where he is, but he's a blue-grey giant of a wolf who looks like he's got snow on his face. His name is Ashmedai."

Sparrow let a smirk rise on her face, "If you run into him, tell him he owes Abaven some herbs."

Quickly, the woman rambled off an apology about her curiosity and context or something.

"It's fine, just perhaps a bit suspicious," Sparrow said, laughing slightly as a means to lighten the mood.

"Just be careful who you ask too many questions to. It might be unsettling for some leaders to have strangers prying."

Sparrow cleared her throat, readying herself to leave, "If you ever feel like stopping by again, don't hesitate. Abaven is always open to forming mutually beneficial relations without outsiders. Basically, don't be a stranger."

Sparrow was tempted to throw in a wink, but she thought the better of it. Keep it professional. Kanja and Ashmedai were definitely becoming a bad influence on her.