gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Bluetick
10-24-2017, 08:23 AM
ooc: This will be dated after Storm, Ty, and Aranea leaving, but before the pack hunt.

She was trying to bury her emotions, keep from letting other in the pack see that she was starting off having a rough time with the remainder of her family leaving. She wasn't angry per say, but she wasn't sure how to truly feel about Ty and Storm's decision. Like Ty, Corentine felt that her mother had been unappreciated by most of the pack, but this could easily be mistaken for the lack of activity from the pack over the year of her life here. She also knew that her mother had been stressed out and constantly worrying over things she didn't see as a big deal. One of the major things was Storm had felt like Bass' children blamed her for the man's disappearance when it wasn't her fault at all. Corentine at least agreed that one of Bass' children felt that way, the new alpha of Abaven. Corentine had never told her mother of the look from Sparrow that was thrown towards Storm at the meeting, she feared her mother would never stop worrying about it.

Huffing lightly she shook her head trying to suppress her thoughts. Trotting forward the female entered the plains of the pack lands looking to take some time to hunt, alone. She would go talk to Brandr, her best friend, when she felt her emotions were settled enough. For now she wanted to sort things out on her own. She moved forward at a slowed pace, lowering her head to the ground in search of a fairly fresh scent to track. Hopefully she could find something a little more challenging to hunt today that way her focus wouldn't have room for other thoughts and emotions.

"Talk" "You" Think

Brandr, Lucine, & Halation is allowed in any of her threads regardless of the tag

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-24-2017, 09:23 PM
Sparrow had said her apologies to Storm, but one other member of the family remained. One that had thus far chosen to stay in Abaven, despite her family's abandonment.

Sparrow sought the young woman out, finding her well on her way trotting through the pack lands.

"Corentine," Sparrow greeted, her expression serious as she tried to close the gap between them so they could talk. She couldn't fake a smile for this.

"I have something I'd like to discuss with you if you'd have me," Sparrow said. She would wait for the young woman to answer before she went on.

She needed to apologize like she had to Storm and she needed to figure out here Corentine stood as far as staying in or leaving the pack. They had a lot to discuss and Sparrow wasn't really looking forward to it. She hoped, however, that there could be a good outcome.

Corentine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Bluetick
10-24-2017, 09:36 PM

It wasn't long before her hunt was interrupted, Sparrow called out to her drawing her attention away from her current task. Stopping the young female lifted her gaze to Sparrow and watched her approach. Her expression was a serious one which made Corentine slightly curious about what Sparrow needed. Corentine was kind, dipping her head to the older women and a light wag of her tail in greeting before Sparrow continued to talk. She had something to discuss, but was giving Corentine to option of whether she wanted to talk or not. It drew her curiosity more wondering what was on Sparrow's mind.

"Yes of course, what's on your mind?" she said calmly.

The girl shifted her body to fully face Sparrow, before easing her rump down to the ground to get comfortable. She had no idea how long this discussion would take so she was preparing herself in case it went for a little while. This was the first one on one time she had with Sparrow and though she felt sour about one or two things, she took after her mother in kindness. She would hear the women out and get along with her, especially if it meant staying close to Brandr.

"Talk" "You" Think

Brandr, Lucine, & Halation is allowed in any of her threads regardless of the tag

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-24-2017, 09:58 PM
Corentine greeted Sparrow lightly, putting Sparrow a little more at ease. The young woman said she'd hear Sparrow out. Sparrow settled onto her haunches lightly, taking a few moments before speaking.

"I... spoke to your mother before she left. I wanted to say something similar to you too."

Sparrow fidgeted a little, thinking of how to phrase it. Corentine was nearly an adult. She could stand to hear everything, right?

"When my father left, I was devastated. He was the pillar of my life. My consistency. When I learned the reasoning... I blamed your mother. That was unjust and unfair. I felt so much anger towards your family."

Sparrow shook her head, "That was completely uncalled for. I want to apologize to you personally and, if you'd let me, I'd like to start over. I'd like to get to know you. We've both lost a lot of family here and we probably have more in common than I ever gave credit for."

Sparrow wanted to make sure her words were getting through, "I'm not asking as your alpha, but as Sparrow. Though it's the same, I would like you to know I come to you out of regret and not because of political reasons."

Was that all? Sparrow thought she had covered it. That just left the proposition.

"I would consider myself lucky to have you stay in Abaven. Of course, I understand if you wish to leave to join your family. I just wanted to check in and see what you were thinking- and to apologize of course."

Corentine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Bluetick
11-12-2017, 06:34 PM

Like her mother, Corentine just didn't have it in her to be downright rude to someone. She was willing to listen no matter what Sparrow had to say. Even if the words the women would say would upset Corentine more, she would still listen. Corentine didn't plan to leave the pack, unless Sparrow wanted her to. Sparrow was her leader and she had to work with her, had to learn to like the women and who knew Sparrow may be a much better person that Corentine had seen so far. Sparrow took a seat and a few moments before she had begun to speak. Her words made Corentine more interested in what she had to say, curious to know what had been said to her mother before she had left.

When Sparrow fidgeted it made Corentine even more curious wondering what exactly the women had to say and if it was good or bad. She began again explaining what had happened when Bass left. Honestly Corentine couldn't blame her, Bass was not her father, but she knew her own feelings when he disappeared. If Corentine's mother disappeared she had no idea how she would feel, act, or blame. She apologized, that paired with her tone of voice seemed to wash Corentine of her feelings from the meeting way back when. She now understood Sparrow's actions that day and it suddenly made her feel like her prior feelings were silly.

She then finished by saying she'd like her to stay and to see what she was thinking.

"Unfortunately Ty and I don't get along vary well so I would like to stay in Abaven," she replied looking to her.

"Talk" "You" Think

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
11-12-2017, 11:43 PM
The girl didn't react all that much to Sparrow's comments and Sparrow assumed it might take some time to process and think. She simply said that she and Tyranis didn't get along and that she would like to stay in Abaven. Sparrow chuckled lightly, "I don't really think we got along either, but I suppose that's why he left. It's a shame your mother and Aranea left with him, but I suppose it will work out."

Sparrow offered Corentine a soft smile.

"I'm glad you chose to stay, Corentine," she said sincerely. "I'd like to try to get to know you better and to know what you aspire to do here in Abaven."

Corentine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Bluetick
12-07-2017, 10:07 PM

It didn't seem like Ty got along with many. She knew that Ty had taken the change in leadership vary harsh, but she didn't honestly know why. Though when she found out his plans of leading and the fact he actually left gave her a pretty good idea. When she mentioned her mother Corentine's eyes fell.

"She left with him... I think for a few reasons, the biggest reason was she felt Bass leaving was all her fault because three of our siblings decided to disobey and test the boundaries even though mom never gave then any need to do so. We had so much freedom in the pack lands yet they disobeyed," she said. "I don't really know why she chose Ty, but I hope for her health it works out well."

Her eyes raised and she looked at Sparrow catching her soft smile. It was comforting, but Corentine still didn't know how to truly feel. As she went on she felt a little better at least with her decision to stay and better yet Sparrow had wanted to get to know her more.

"I would like that," she returned the smile. "And honestly I feel I have two major things I can contribute to the pack. I've worked and learned a lot from both my mother and Brandr."

"Talk" "You" Think

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
12-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Sparrow nodded solemnly as Corentine spoke about her family. Sparrow could understand testing the boundaries, but at such a young age? That's the part she couldn't understand.

Corentine said that she hoped for her mother's health that everything worked out well. Sparrow couldn't remember the last time she worried about her mother or her mother's health. Somehow, the thought of it nearly knocked the breath out of her.

"I'm sure she will be fine," although her voice was a little flat.

Corentine said she had learned a lot from both her mother and Brandr. Sparrow smiled, "And do you like both the same? Or is there one skill you wish to hone in on?"

Sparrow looked to the young woman, "Sparrow nodded solemnly as Corentine spoke about her family. Sparrow could understand testing the boundaries, but at such a young age? That's the part she couldn't understand.

Corentine said that she hoped for her mother's health that everything worked out well. Sparrow couldn't remember the last time she worried about her mother or her mother's health. Somehow, the thought of it nearly knocked the breath out of her.

"I'm sure she will be fine," although her voice was a little flat.

Corentine said she had learned a lot from both her mother and Brandr. Sparrow smiled, "And do you like both the same? Or is there one skill you wish to hone in on?"

Sparrow looked to the young woman, "Moreover, how would you like to use those skills in Abaven?"

Corentine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Bluetick
01-11-2018, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 09:23 PM by Corentine.)

Corentine nodded, she agreed that her mother should be fine despite what her mind wanted to tell her. Ty loved their mother, he would keep her safe to the best of his abilities she shouldn't worry. Worrying would eat her alive if she let it and she did not want to let it.

Sparrow then asked a vary good question, one she hadn't really thought about. Healing and hunting, did she like one more over the other? Healing was something she cherished knowledge passed down from her mother that she wanted to keep and learn for the rest of her life. She never had the chance to actually heal anyone so she had no experience there, but hunting. Hunting gave her a thrill, gave her a constant source of something to do. Even when she wasn't hunting with Brandr she loved to hunt and track.

"Hunting is the one I like the best to learn and hone in more on," she said with a grin.

"Talk" "You" Think

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-28-2018, 06:06 PM
Corentine said she would like to learn more about hunting. Sparrow was a little concerned with the lack of fighters in Abaven, but she couldn't decline the though of more skilled hunters to help keep the pack full.

Sparrow returned Coretine's grin.

"At the next meeting, I'd like for you to choose a rank to begin officially training. It will do you and the pack some good to have some training."

Sparrow wondered if the girl would take an interest in simply hunting or perhaps tracking and navigation too. She supposed she would have to simply wait and see what the younger woman would end up doing. As long as she was doing something, Sparrow supposed she couldn't complain.