size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
12-11-2017, 06:42 PM
The large male sought through the lands looking for his family.

Archon had taken the time to explore the surrounding lands and observe the natives with a close curiosity. How strange these creatures who wore the same skin as gods were. It had made him wonder often about their own lives and how they went about them, seemingly unknowing of the gods that walked among them.

And through all that, he had found not one suitable to breed. Archon was not a fool. He knew his age and his need to breed. Although the lesser beings were interesting to watch from afar, he had found none stunning enough in either lineage or wit to reason one of them bearing his pups.

It was both parts boring and frustrating.

After some time, his solo excursions became dull. He wished again to be in the presence of his kind.

It took a little while, but he found them. And he had found that they had found a place to settle.

Archon approached, his gut stirring slightly in awe and a touch of fear. Amon's scent was fresh. How would he react to Archon showing up now? Archon reassured himself that, logically, he had nothing to worry about, but his mind failed to be eased.

Gathering his thoughts, Archon called to Amon. It was time for a reunion.

Amon

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Fox

Famous
12-12-2017, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 10:56 AM by Amon.)

Amon rose with the sun and roamed long into the night, occupied entirely with the task of setting up his pack. Soon it would be time for him and perhaps several other envoys to range out to the other packs and announce themselves. He needed to control the flow of information about them, or the difficulty of their task would increase tenfold. Amon wouldn't leave until he was confident in the structure he would be leaving behind him, even if it was only for a short while. Hearing the call of one of his wayward children derailed him entirely, and Amon quirked his head towards the call, deciding on it's precise direction. He turned towards it and took up into a lope.

Upon arriving he found himself quite pleased with what he saw, at least on a purely visual level. His son had lost every vestige of pup-like appearance. He towered alongside Amon, having grown into every inch his heritage afforded him. Of course, despite all of this, Archon's actions in the past year were yet to be made known, and this was what Amon was most concerned with. "Archon," Amon began with a pleasant smile. He would allow a bit of pride to leach into his gaze. "You look well." Amon sat and swept his tail around to his side, getting comfortable. "I'm glad to see you've returned. I hope your travels provided what insight and experience you sought? I'm sure Gaios and Aaliyah will be delighted to hear all about it." As would he of course, but Amon felt this was implied through his level, questioning gaze. He was pleased to see his son, but a warm welcome would hinge upon what the male had accomplished in his absence.

After all, he was an Abraxas. There were expectations to uphold.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Amon is prone to foul language, insulting comments, and the occasional act of violence.
His children are welcome in any and all of his threads!

Archon

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
01-03-2018, 01:04 AM
Archon shifted slightly as his father approached. He was glad to see his father, and his father seemed glad to see him. As his father spoke, his maw became dry. He dipped his head.

"I sought out to study these creatures which we share a form with. I wanted to find a potential mate as soon as possible to spread our lineage."

Archon's ears folded. Here was the difficult part.

"I found that many of these creatures all but reject the notions of gods, or rather they believe in only invisible gods with no presence in this world."

This, after all, was to be expected of lesser beings.

"Even when presented with greatness, they refuse to accept it as any form of proof. They deny it outright-
loudly. I could only bear to remove their tongues to spend any amount of time with them."

It was regrettable, but not surprising.

"Though I found many that boasted vivid coloration, strange mutations, and towering forms, none were of quality to mate. I have found that with strangeness and even exceptional physical traits, many of these creatures exhibit an... oddity about their minds. A delusion that they are special and somehow in control of their destiny."

Archon let out an exasperated sigh, "Father, when I looked to spread our line, I asked many how they made the choice. Many said it boiled down to 'attraction,' though I have never experienced such a thing for any of these creatures. I have found none worthy of bearing our line.

He reflected a moment. Well... what he had said wasn't completely truthful.

"The one time I thought I might have found one with potential, she spoke-"
he stuttered and spat, "She spoke heresy. She bid me come with her, to leave my family line, my studies, The Fallen God and go with her. She admitted that she 'played along' with the idea of our bloodline being that of gods, and that it was time for me to stop playing around."

Archon straightened himself and cleared his throat. His father didn't need to know all the grisly details of what happened.

"Needless to say it didn't end well- for her."

If he couldn't hook a mate, then what HAD he been doing all this time? He was sure his father needed more than just 'failing to find a mate.'

"I have, however, learned much about these beings and their traditions across the lands. I have picked up some of their healing techniques and- while I am no expert- it may prove useful as we claim what's rightfully ours by hastening the healing process."

He squirmed a little. Would his father even care about healing plants these mortals came up with? Did it matter? Did any of his studies matter?

"Though I have been gone, I assure you I have spread The Fallen God's rage. Each potential I found and deemed unworthy was made to feel just that- unworthy- before I left. This, I've done in God's name."

Archon smiled just a tad.

"I see where I have fallen short, you have succeed tenfold. Tell me... did they struggle?"

Amon

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Fox

Famous
01-03-2018, 11:59 AM

Amon listened with calm patience to Archon's tale. Truthfully, it did intrigue him. Amon did bear a deep and undeniable love for his children, and an unquenchable desire to see them succeed. As such, he had raised them in the same fashion his own father had raised he and his many siblings. It would seem his first litter were as flighty as Pyralis had been, and all had ventured far from these lands since coming of age. It seems Archon's first intent had been to find a suitable mate, and Amon could respect that. He too had sought his first broodmother soon after he became capable of siring a litter of his own.

To hear that Archon had been confronted by a siren of sorts, one that had tried to lure him away had the titan's lip twitching. Amon had seen many of his elder kin fall victim to the wiles of mortal temptation as he grew up in his father's pack. Archon claimed to have dealt with the threat accordingly, and Amon let out a dry laugh gently tinged with relief. "Good. Would that all of our kin were capable of standing against such temptations. You've proven yourself to the Fallen God in this, I assure you. I should think he will bless you for your devout actions." Archon seemed uncertain in how he would be received, but Amon found himself undeniably proud that his son had chosen their God over the wiles of a mortal demon certainly sent to tempt him.

It would seem in the moons following Archon had turned his sight's away from breeding and towards continuing his studies on his own. Amon nodded, pleased to hear that a focus had been on healing, truly believing that every wolf ought to be able to tend to themselves if need be. And yet he could sense the apprehension his son felt standing in his presence. As it should be, Amon reflected quietly, if only because in his mind he saw himself with the same posture, the same nervous light in his own eyes while sitting before their grandfather. Still, Archon had done well and Amon would have him know that. "There is little in this world that will be worthy of you, son," he rumbled out in his deep, graveling voice. "Do not let that dissuade you from appraising all that comes across your path. With loyal service to our God comes blessings the likes of which none of us could conceive until they are bestowed upon us. What I have accomplished is merely a result of his favor.

"Our conquest was glorious proof that the Fallen God is the rightful ruler of the heavens. We cut through them like fire through snow, striking into the heart of the pack. Our vanguard met that pack leader, who foolishly demanded a death pay for our supposed transgressions, when we had come to offer them mercy for their service. The fool bled out on the dirt before he could lay a fang against my pelt."
Amon spat. The rest of the pack had fled like the fleas they were, but no one could escape the gaze of a God for long. "You return at a good time, Archon. The pack has more or less been settled and I think before long we will be turning ourselves towards our next conquest." After all, Amon dreamed of a day when no corner of this land would exist without knowing the name Abraxas as it's ruler. Before long, he was certain it would be theirs.
"Talk" "You" Think

Amon is prone to foul language, insulting comments, and the occasional act of violence.
His children are welcome in any and all of his threads!