gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-21-2014, 08:18 AM

She could tell it was time, thankfully she hadn't left her den in the last twenty-four hours, sure that any moment labor would begin. Had she travelled out she would have been in a rather difficult position, but she had been good and kept herself confined. Now though, she could feel the contractions begin and the painful process of expelling these children into the world would start. She'd hope that Dutiron was close by, it might still be a good amount of time before they even saw any pups. She wouldn't be worried about being alone. She'd done this before, she knew what to expect. As she lay there however, she could feel a wrongness within her. There were no visible signs that she should feel in distress, but it felt like something was going on within her womb.
So with effort she would prop herself upon her legs and leave the den. Only a few steps would be taken before she called out for her mate, and all of the healers within Ludicael. She wanted her children, her grand children and anyone else who needed experience with a difficult birth. She had a chance to be a learning experience and she was going to make the best of it. She would let herself walk circles around the den, hoping that with physical movement she might be able to help them loosen up, and get rid of the feeling she felt in the pit of her stomach.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
07-21-2014, 09:10 AM

She had been admitted access to the lands of Ludicael whenever she pleased, but rather than intruding on the territory of her grandparents because she could, she only hung close, waiting for something to happen that she could help with. Her mocha capped crown would rise as her veldt auditories would flick at the noise of a painful call. It had been such a coincidence to be hanging in the general vicinity of the mangrove, hearing the summons and her bodice would spring into action, thought reeling through her mind. Grandma?! Pearly stilts beat the ground as she would thread the mangrove swamplands to find her way to the pearly femme, her bodice trembling. "Grandmother! You're giving birth?" The question just came from her lips full of questioning, but she had no time for questions. Her nose would find it's way to the tempest's neck, licking her shoulders gently to soothe her. "Just lie down and try to relax, take deep breaths. I will go get some herbs to help with the birthing process." With her vocals, she would turn and begin to run, her nose raised to the wind, seeking the scent of the most important herbs in birthing she could find in the lands. Perhaps some Trillium and some Alfalfa to aid in the birthing, the Trillium easing the pain, and Alfalfa would help increase milk flow for the children, so it would be easier for the final litter to feed and they would grow big and strong. Her nose had found the herbs in some of the nearby lands, and she would return with a bundle of her mixture, mismatched gems full of worry. She would drop them, and remove the gentle flowers from their stems, as well as leaves, nudging the pile toward the tempest. "Chew these and swallow, they will help ease the birth and increase your milk flow for the pups."

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-21-2014, 09:17 AM

Dutiron certainly hated leaving his mate for too long these days, the time for the birth was getting closer and closer and he didn't want to be too far when the new litter arrived. It may have been the third, the the man was filled with a nervous excitement knowing any day now the new pups could arrive. At the sound of Novel's howl though, the urgency in her voice that would simply turn to worry. Quickly the man would make his way through the lands, rushing back to the den and his wife.

"Novel?!" He would call out to her as he got closer. "Novel, what's wrong?" Fear for his mate and fear for their children would grip him now as he approached. He was shocked to see Harmony there though wouldn't question it now as he pushed passed his granddaughter, to comfort his mate, nuzzling and licking her gently. She was an experienced mother and had witnessed other births during their time back in Ahlon, so whilst healing may not have been her forte she knew what she was doing so what was wrong this time?

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
07-21-2014, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2014, 03:58 PM by Epiphron.)

Ara's patterns of behavior were entirely predictable, if one watched her carefully enough. She was not truly a wanderer, but her thirst for knowledge pushed her away from home and away from Ludicael -- she would spend long periods of time wandering from home, though typically returned the following day, usually eager for Novel's company. She would feel guilty for spending so much time away from her parents, and would follow these stints of exploration with time spent at home. The cycle seemed to repeat itself endlessly, though she was not bored with her life, not in the least. Today, the day that the Alphas of the pack were to give birth, she happened to be home.

The call was not alarming, but it was not a happy cry either; it was Novel i, the woman her best friend had been named after. Ara had seen her bulging stomach, and knew she was pregnant. She was also rather old to be having children, and she knew the birth would be much riskier due to her age. Quickly she would head toward the call, knowing she could offer her assistance if needed. Her den was not far, and she could fetch herbs quickly if necessary.

A woman with the classic Destruction markings hovered by Novel i, lapping at her neck to soothe her. She was giving birth, or would be soon. Her scent had changed, and Ara found herself letting her head swing into the den's entrance. She would not enter unless permitted, and her gaze warily danced to Dutiron i, knowing it was common for men to grow territorial when their wives gave birth. She would not blame him if her presence was not required, nor wanted. It seemed Harmony had control of the situation, and had already brought herbs to soothe the pain and make the process easier.

Ara wasn't used to feeling sorry for herself, and she wasn't used to questioning her own importance, but she suddenly wished she had arrived sooner than Harmony. The woman had never been given an opportunity to prove her worth, to show off the skills she had learned. From birth, she had been invested in learning the art of healing, and she suddenly ached for others to know this. She craved no glory, no high ranking within the pack, and she knew she would never want these things -- but she wished at least someone other than Novel knew how hard she had worked for her knowledge. She had only been taught briefly by a skilled trainer. The rest had been worked for, pieced together slowly over her travels and meetings with other wolves. But it was not the time to beg for pity, nor would she ever dream of doing so. The thoughts, though, would remain for a long moment before she was able to push them from her mind. "I can help, if you need," she said softly, her voice unsure but genuine nonetheless.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-22-2014, 10:19 AM

It was odd to see that Harmony was the first to arrive, the girl was Bass's healer and though they had free roam of Ludicael she had not expected her grand daughter. Still, she'd smile through the pain, not using the little breath she had to respond to the obvious answer of her first question. She would lean into her gentle touch, but would have to disagree with her first course of action. "Just lie down and try to relax, " She would shake her head to tell her that lying down was the worst thing she could do, but then the girl was gone. She would continue to walk, slowly, and obviously with trouble, as Dutiron arrived. He was obviously worried, but that was the very last emotion she would need right now. She needed to assure him, change his energy to something more positive. She would lean into his touch, trying to catch her raspy breath to assure him. "I'll be fine, calm yourself my love. Your fear scent is helping nothing." She didn't wish to be harsh, and would end her statement with a loving nuzzle as Harmony reappeared. "Harmony, calm down my love. You can't worry the whole time you're helping with a birth. You must always stay as calm and as positive as possible, otherwise you're hurting more than helping." a soft voice would catch her attention then, the calmest of all the energies surrounding her. Ara, her grand daughter Novel's friend. Still standing, and trying to walk around outside the den she'd look to the young healer, "Yes, Ara, please. I think they're stuck. I've been trying to walk, to get them moving, but it's getting difficult." She'd take a moment to breath, hoping that Dutiron and Harmony had begun to calm themselves in her presence. "I need you to massage my abdomen, see if you can feel the pups and try to nudge them in the right direction." She'd gasp as a rather rough contraction took hold of her, any hope of keeping herself from the confines of the den diminishing. She would slowly make her way into the earth, flopping onto the ground and exposing herself for Ara to work out the pups.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-22-2014, 10:54 AM

Novella was no healer but at the sound of her mother's howl the girl had been unable to restrain herself. What was happening? It was probably a bad idea to go, but before her mind or even anyone else could tell her otherwise, the girl had set off for her parents den. The journey wouldn't take her long at all, soon enough she was there and fortunately perhaps not the first one to arrive.

She was certainly worried though all the same and whilst she wouldn't enter, she would hover outside, desperately hoping to make some sense of it all and that most importantly her mother and new siblings were all ok. Mismatched eyes would try peer in and see what was happening over the heads of the others, though she still had no real idea. "What's happening, is everything ok?" She would question swiftly, words laced with her nerves. At the moment she thought solely upon her mother, but Gods help her the moment it hit her that she would be going through this herself sometime soon.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
07-23-2014, 07:15 AM

Pale paws would carry her through the territory, she'd been rather far away searching for Ara's gentle presence, but as soon as she heard her grandmother's pained cry she knew she had to go to her side. Obviously it had taken a bit longer than she'd anticipated everyone was surrounding the den and trying to go about their work. Novel wondered if she should even try and go in. Knowing that Harmony and Ara were all the help her knowledgeable namesake would need. However, she was the only of the three younger wolves that had witnessed birth.
She would poke her head in silently, her presence known by her scent. Should Ara have any trouble in her task Novel would help, or call Elohim to their side. He had helped with backwards pups before and he was ready to help again if need be. "I'm here if you need help, Ara."

"Speech" Think "Elohim"

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Sorel

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Novella
07-23-2014, 07:25 AM

Novel had promised him lessons and so the young boy would set about making sure she kept her end of the deal. He wanted to accept one of those lessons now and so off he would venture to find his cousin and see what he could possibly learn today. Before he could reach her side however she would be called, or rather healers in general would be called by the Author, their grandmother. Curious he would follow, he was a healer in training, would he be welcome? He wasn't so sure on the crowd to be honest. He would keep close to Novel II, she was easily the one here that he was closest to. "What is happening?" He would question the blue eyed girl. There was some tension in the air and there were all these healers here, something had to be wrong but what was it, what were they all doing to help?

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
07-27-2014, 09:43 AM

Never had the tempest known how to deliver birth, and this would be a lesson entirely off her own knowledge except that two healers had also heeded the call, one of which her aunt Novel. She was far more experienced than the mocha capped tempest, and her grandmother instructed the two to begin aiding in the birth. A thought came to mind to simply watch and observe. Someday one of Abaven's wolves could give birth to children, or perhaps even she could. She would have to teach all of the Kruni's and Vor's how to give birth, so that if they were on their own, or an ally called for help in birth, they may heed the call and aid if there is not a creature already there to assist. "Grandmother, I'll observe... It will be a good lesson for me to teach to my apprentices in Abaven, and for myself, as I've never witnessed birth before." With her vocals, she would recline onto her haunches, mismatched gems taking in every detail and every step.

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
07-27-2014, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 09:49 AM by Ara.)

Ara had been so engrossed in her sudden & unexpected moment of self-doubt that it took her a long moment to realize that Novel i was speaking to her. She told the others to calm down, as fear and panic would only worsen things for her. She knew her body better than anyone, and she had told them it might be a difficult birth; there was no need to make it even harder.

Novel i asked her to massage her abdomen. Quickly she would lower herself to the ground, giving Ara room to work. The girl hesitated, but only for a moment; this was not a game, and though it was a lesson, there was much more at stake than just learning. She nodded meekly and slipped forward quietly, coming to rest at the woman's stomach. It seemed Novel had appeared at some point, she she glanced at her friend, motioning her to join. At the very least, she could keep her relaxed and confident.

Slowly she began to do as Novel i had instructed, pressing her nose into her belly and gently massaging down toward her tail. The motions would grow quite routine, and she would continue to do so for as long as Novel i asked, her touch firm but gentle at the same time.

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-28-2014, 07:12 AM

Births were not easy things at the best of times, of course particularly for the women in labour though he'd certainly found that mate's too could take some strain in it all, now more than ever as things seemed more complex than usual the man of course found himself in worry. He would take a breath at his mate's request however and attempt to calm himself for her sake, he certainly didn't wish to add to her problems. He would glance over to Ara as his wife spoke. He too was tempted to invite her in to help, though it seemed that she eventually realised she was needed on her own and would enter and set to work. Mismatched eyes would glance back outside as yet more family arrived. Novel, Novella and if he was correct it seemed that Sorrel lurked behind them. He would lick his mate in comfort and exit to give the healers space and more importantly to calm down his daughter. This was hardly what she needed to see he figured and once already had Novel given her warnings to others to calm down.

"It's all under control, don't worry." The words were certainly hard to speak, not entirely certain himself though he put his faith in Ara, Novel and Harmony to do their best for his mate. "Worrying won't help your mother or you." Now that was certainly easier to say, it was the truth of course.