size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
01-29-2018, 03:14 PM
Long, confident strides carried the Saxe male along through the dusky early morning at a decent clip, though there wasn't anyplace in particular he was looking to go. No, he was just out looking for trouble, as per usual for him. It did occur to him that he was passing rather close to a pack's lands, but with two owls flying silently overhead he figured he would have warning long before anyone approached. And then, well, he could decide if he felt like harassing them or just disappearing.

But when he came within sight of where he remembered the border markings being, his brows shot up skeptically. A wall? When had that gone up? Well, that just wasn't fair - it was like they were deliberately challenging him! He obviously couldn't pass up a taunt like that, not when they were going out of their way to put it right out there in his face like that.

With a devilish grin that completely bared his saber-like fangs, he altered his course to bring him directly at the wall at a trot. Right before it he rocked back just long enough to coil his hindquarters beneath him, then sprang up to balance atop the wall until the unmortared stones stopped shifting beneath his sudden weight. Tail and ears at a mockingly jaunty angle, he began trotting along the top of the wall, eyes bright with amusement and mischief.

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!
Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby
Chaos speaks in a strong lisp, which I am usually too lazy to write

Nova

gems
size
build
player
01-31-2018, 12:29 PM
Nova couldn’t sleep. She hadn’t been having nightmares like before… but she still felt restless. When she walked it felt like she wasn’t really there… but yet she was. She could see the world… but it felt distant. Nova kept her ears pinned to her skull as she walked along, breathing in and out with heavy sighs. She could barely focus… but she knew she had to try and get herself back together. She had to remain strong, try to forge stronger bonds with her remaining siblings. Azazel, Adore, Chasm… they had to get better. They were still a family… and a family could do anything together.

Nova was nearly at the wall when she noticed something off both by what she saw and what she smelled. There was a male, probably about her height {though it was hard to tell with where he was} on the wall… and he was a stranger! Nova felt her fur prickle, a low snarl rising in her chest.

“The Hell do you think you’re doing!?” She shouted at the male. He was weird… his teeth… something about two of them wasn’t right. They were too big. But that didn’t matter right now… he could be a threat. Her mind flicked to the raid and Nova threw her head back, calling for the pack just as her mother had that night.

...what if this was going to be another one?

...would she break as her mother had?

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantDouble Master
01-31-2018, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 10:22 PM by Dómari.)
Patrol was rarely different from day to day. Dómari found it easy to settle back into the routine of patrolling the borders and letting his mind wander where it would. He'd pause every now and then to renew the markings on a border or to gaze out across the plains where the horizon beckoned in the distance. Whenever he had a chance he'd sneak off into the surrounding territories, searching for any hint that his family might be passing that way. There'd been no sign so far. Alarik had yet to return. Dómari could feel his dream of the Xanilov's living together in a pack slipping through his paws. It was a stupid dream though really. He couldn't imagine many of his siblings in a pack anyway, even if they'd some how managed to find a revived Ebony. He was the weird one.

Dómari looped around to continue on his way toward the rock pile that would mark the halfway point of his patrol. He didn't know what it was or why it was there but it had served as a marker for him. As interesting as the feature was though he rather lamented the marring of such a beautiful plain with something so… random.

Well, he'd jinxed himself. Dómari eyed a large black male trotting along the rock wall that was technically the border of the plains as far as he knew and he didn't care much for the taunt. To make matters worse he noticed that one of Marina's children was there as well.  He certainly wasn't going to leave the girl in the presence of this stranger. He swiftly headed toward the pair, pulling up next to Nova. "Hey! those stones lie on Celestial's borders. If you don't have any business with us please leave." He wasn't sure what this man was trying to prove. He could only assume this was some stupid act of courage or some attempt at showing off. Hopefully, now that he was caught, he'd just go away. Dómari had been training his tail off. He wasn't terribly anxious to go driving trespassers off the old fashioned way.

walk "Talk" think

Table by Asena
Stock from Castlegraphics

Chasm

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Bluetick
01-31-2018, 10:40 PM

Grinning the young male stared at his fresh kill, finally something bigger to take down something that Spring would always bring. Fawns were in good numbers so far and today Chasm and bones had taken one down, one to drag back to the alcove for any who were hungry to feast on. Now that his mother was gone his tasks had switched to providing for his siblings and his pack and he wanted to make sure to do his job correctly. It was a good stroke of luck that the two were able to get this baby after it drifted just a bit to far from it's mother.

They were just getting ready to drag it back when his sister's howl rang out over the territory. His bi colored eyes narrowed as he realized the summoning call was similar to that of his mother's on the night of the raid and a low growl began to bubble up from his chest. This time he would not stay back, he would not let his little sister go without protection. He took off in a sprint, leaving Bones by the prey to guard from birds. His tall, long legged form covered distance with ease and he slowed as the scene became clear.

He was quiet as he pulled up on the otherside of Nova listening as Dom told the stranger off. Looking up to the strange man with fangs Chasm just stood there ready to defend if needed.

"Words" & 'Thoughts'

Art by Sam2015

Exodus

Celestial
Legionary

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
01-31-2018, 11:04 PM
Since Exodus had returned home, and Regulus had bumped up his rank from apprentice to Legionary, he had taken his duty seriously. He was always working on his physical condition, whether he was building endurance through running the plains, or working on his flexibility and reflexes on the moor. He was not the most agile wolf, but the more he worked his muscles, the easier it was for him to move fluidly. Not to mention he was brushing up on his sparring skills as often as possible, so he felt prepared for anything. Today he was patrolling the borders as usual, and it seemed he was not the only one taking this responsibility seriously. A call went up, and though he did not recognize the voice, he knew it was a Celestian calling to the rest of them - there must have been an intruder. Were they being invaded? His pace increased at once, moving with urgency toward the part of the border where the commotion was.

He saw an unfamiliar figure atop the wall bordering Celestial's territory. A deep growl rumbled within his chest, and with a mighty effort, Exodus launched himself toward the top of the wall, pulling himself up mostly with grace. He balanced at the top and faced the intruder from a distance, glancing down the other side of the wall to see his pack mates. They were already shouting warnings at the trespasser, and Exodus would pad closer so that he could throw his voice into the fray as well. "You don't belong here," he rumbled threateningly, staring down the sabre-fanged male,
"You'd better get out of here pretty fast, or we will make you leave." Amongst the wolves gathered, Exodus was the smallest. However, he was still confident in himself, and he wasn't going to let any intruder believe they had an advantage over him. Size was just one factor of a wolf's strength; attitude, he felt, could be just as powerful.

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
02-07-2018, 03:13 PM

Chaos didn't stop his jaunt along the top of the wall even when Heecha hooted a deep note of warning. Why should he, when the wolf approaching was a yearling girl with a coat of pastel rainbows? Well, could you get any less intimidating than pastel rainbows? Her words, shouted as they were in a youthful voice, were hardly any more frightening, and Chaos made it a point to laugh out loud, flicking his tail as he passed by her. "What does it look like I'm doing, little girl?" he teased, grinning when she howled for help. "Oh no, don't call for your pack. I would be ever so frightened if they showed up."

And show up they did, first one young male with a mighty familiar face mask, and then immediately another rainbow creature. Well lookie lookie, it seemed Celestial was infested with oddly colored critters these days, not just their alpha anymore. Was Regulus collecting them now or something? He leveled a smirk at the guy with the Xanilov face mask. Just because Kassander had been a member of his Crew didn't mean that he'd play nice with one of his relatives - what the stuttery little healer didn't know wouldn't hurt him. "Oh wow, I never would have guessed this was a border. Maybe you guys should mark it better? Oh I know, let me help."

He paused just long enough to mark the top of the stone wall, and in that pause yet another young wolf had scrambled up on top of the wall, apparently in an attempt to block his way. Even this kid had weird colored markings under his eyes. Regulus really was collecting a pack of weirdos, wasn't he? Hell, Artemis might have be oddly colored too but at least that blue galaxy pelt of hers had been an aesthetically pleasing color palette for her alpha to secretly drool over. Wait, was Righteous Regulus not so virtuous and perfect after all? Was that why he was collecting all these clashingly colored youths himself? Chaos couldn't help the strangled snort of laughter that escaped him.

Chaos stepped forward a few steps towards him and sat, raising a paw dramatically towards his chest. "Me, not belong? Why, I'm hurt. I might actually shed a tear. But you know... I don't think I'm ready to leave." A fierce grin bared every inch of fang in his mouth. "And I think I'd really, really like to see how you plan to make me leave, Gangrene. I'm sure it will be so educational."

""

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!
Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby
Chaos speaks in a strong lisp, which I am usually too lazy to write