ardent

There's nothing more for me; lead me away...

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-30-2018, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 11:52 AM by Kaitlyn I.)
...Or leave me lying here...

All Kaitlyn knew at that moment was pain. She’d been moved to one of the cabins on the ship and for the first day Kait hadn’t dared move. Everything hurt… and her fearful state had Proxy and Mad slipping in and out of control. Even when they were not dominant within the vessel Kait could hear their voices. Could hear their whispered threats that if she dared put one little toe out of line her children could become the demon king’s next victims.

At first this was enough to keep Kait from even daring to move from the polar bear pelt that held her daughter’s scent. But this did not quiet her mind… she thought of Clay, as well as her children. Thought of the son she’d adopted, the daughters she had, and the small shift in her scent. Maybe she was just being paranoid… but she was in heat… it was possible she was infected with Lucifer’s children once more. His words echoed in her mind… and the damage he left on her body gave lingering pain even after being cleaned. No herbs had been applied after all.

But as night gave way to dawn Kait shakily got to her paws. Her body was tired… it ached. She had been up all night, thinking... She glanced down at the dirty whitish thing she’d been lying on… It was stained with her blood. She could feel her heart clenching in her chest, ears flicking against her skull as she listened for Proxy and Mad. Could it be that her alters too slumbered? Was the world asleep, while she was awake, troubled by her damaged mind?

Kait might not have had a way to fight her alters… Nor could she really fight against the Demon King and his Queen. But she wasn’t stupid either. Yes her daughter’s scent lingered on this coat… but it had begun fading. How long had her little one been gone? Her gaze shifted to the room across from hers… and her stomach churned.

Lyle’s pelt was among the ones she saw there… and Lucifer’s words again rose in her mind.

Tears began to prick her eyes, body trembling all over again. One of her daughters were dead… Doireann and Belua weren’t here… and she… she looked down at her paws. Would her children come back to this man? Could she really afford to stay here, to find out what might happen if they did? To find out what might happen to her?

One step after the other the little femme started towards the deck. She was aware her room was next to Lucifer’s and Vi’s… and so she was doing her best to remain as quiet as possible as she moved. Maybe he’d just think she was getting some fresh air…

Although...

If Proxy could bring her back to this place… then could she get away?

Kaitlyn took a breath.

She had to.

She had to at least tell Clay what happened… after what he’d done for her…

Kait lifted her head and braced herself. This was going to hurt…

...but it wouldn’t hurt anymore than she’d already been hurt.

She was going to come out of this stronger.

Somehow.

Kaitlyn began tearing across the terra, a half run, half limp as she made for the closest territory away from the ship…

...and barely made it to the wash before her trembling body threatened to give out from under her. She slowed to a stop, wild green eyes scanning the horizon.

...would the demon King follow her?

...would his queen?

Panic began to set in, her mind whirling. She felt sick… and half debated about turning right around and making her way back to the ship. She wasn’t sure what the right choice was anymore. She was scared…. Gods she was scared… could anyone really help her anymore?

Kaitlyn's current avatar is by Fox on Ardent. Stock is from CastleGraphics on DeviantArt.

Clay I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
01-31-2018, 02:11 PM
He had been in an internal state of panic since they had come across Frost. Proxy had taken over and had attempted to attack one of his family. Luckily he had been there, but got the blunt of the attack. That was not his main concern. Proxy and Mad we’re taking control and shutting Kait out and he worried what might happen. Though they had taken off, he had attempted to track. He had only given little time to stop and care for himself wanting and needing to get to her before something bad had happened. He hadn’t even given Frost a complete explanation of what was going on, leaving the other man confused. He hadn’t had a full nights sleep, only taking a couple hours to rest before he was back on her trail.

Tonight he was in the North trailing her scent, a more hurried pace as he realized her scent had changed and that she was in heat. The gentle giant did his best to remain calm and focused at his task at hand and to not let his mind focus on what could happen. He needed to get to her, to protect her from the dangers of the world and of her own mind. The hotter the trail grew the more faster he went until he stopped dead at the territory that held the ship. The familiar scent of the demon king made his lips peel back and his ears flatten against his head. Lifting his head he allowed his jaws to drop open, air scenting to see what his next move would be. A fresh trail leading away from the ship was drifting towards him and he paced the border until he hit the trail, remaining as quiet as he could when he moved.

Her trail lead him away, but not far enough from the stench of the demon. As he grew closer he could see her small collapsed form ahead and the stale Oder of blood began to fill his nose. Eyes narrowed in anger and disgust knowing the demon must have gotten to her again. He remained quiet, stalking up along side her left and then a few paces in front of her before turning his form, keeping his senses pinned towards the ship as he lowered his head to gently touch her right cheek with his muzzle. His blood was boiling, but his concern of her made him stay instead of seeking the king out and tearing him to shreds. He didn’t say anything, just tried to comfort her the best he knew.

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-31-2018, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 03:45 PM by Kaitlyn I.)
Kaitlyn let out a startled yelp as a figure suddenly appeared at her side. Clay had a way of taking that whole gente giant thing to a new level ; she hadn’t heard him at all. But the moment the female realized who it was touching her she turned towards him and buried her head into his chest fur. She began to shake full force, her mind whirling with everything she wanted to tell the man. She considered him her one true ally… her alters were obviously on the side of the Demon King. He had to know that it wasn’t her decision to come here, right? Right? She let out a small sob, shaking her head as the first of the words began to spill from her mouth.

“I’m sorry…” She mumbled into his fur. “I’m so, so sorry…” She pulled back, tears running down her cheeks. “Proxy… she…” She shook her head, struggling to get her thoughts in order. “...he… one of our children… one of our daughters is dead...” Her voice cracked, pain and distress washing over her. She could feel the alters beginning to stir within her, wakening…

“Proxy and he… I…” Her level of distress was clear as she closed her eyes, licking her lips. “...I could get pregnant again…” Her voice was even quieter now, though no less pained. “I’m scared…” She opened her eyes again, giving another whimper.

“...what if Proxy and Mad… what if they… what if I can’t…” She lowered her head back into his fur. She was too tired… too tired to try and process all this and explain it as well. She curled her body closer to him, mumbling one more thing.

“Please don’t go…”

Kaitlyn's current avatar is by Fox on Ardent. Stock is from CastleGraphics on DeviantArt.

Clay I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-01-2018, 10:01 PM
After finally meeting one of her alters Clay knew she wouldn’t have been in control. There was no way she would come back here to him willingly. What could he do though? How could he help those Alters from taking over? He also had no clue how to explain all this to his cousin. He may not have stuck around long, but it had been easy to smell over wolves in Frost’s scent letting Clay know that he was apart of a pack. She at first yelped, but when she realized it was him she buried her face in his neck fur. He took a step forward during this giving her a better chance to do so. His eyes fell to the wounds on her neck down to her backside and though his blood was boiling hot and he so wanted to hunt down that demon and rip him a new one, his concern was Kait. She was extremely distressed and when she tried to explain things it was completely clear. He needed to get her to Frost's pack and hopefully get her some help. Right now she was in no shape to travel.

"Shhh...," his deep words were soft trying to calm her.

She could be pregnant again, but right now that didn't matter. The kids may be part demon, but that didn't mean they had to be raised that way. She wouldn't give them up this time, not if he had anything to do with it. It was probably why her alters took over in the first place because she had such distress from leaving her litter before. And the fact she also said one of her daughters was now dead, what kind of father was this king. No he wasn't a king at all in Clay's eyes. She then curled herself closer to him, she was tired and had to be in pain and in no shape to go anywhere. She needed to rest and get strong so she could remain in control. She didn't want him to go and he wasn't planning on it, nor was he planning on sleeping tonight either.

He settled down, curling himself around her and ever so gently laying his head on her shoulder, his eyes staring towards the direction of the ship and his senses staying alert.

"I'm staying right here and if he comes....... I'll kill him," his words were deeper his chest rumbling as he spoke and he held back the snarl that wanted to be released. "Get some rest it'll be okay."

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
02-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Kaitlyn didn’t say anything more, resting against Clay as she breathed in and out slowly and tried her best to calm down. Her eyes were closed, though in her mind’s eyes she could picture Lucifer… imagine the anger he’d have when he realized she was gone. But that didn’t matter right now… What mattered was she was safe again.

Kaitlyn curled against Clay, allowing her body to ease into a relaxed position at long last. Clay wasn’t going to go… she could rest. But as he mentioned killing Lucifer if he came Kait had another image flash across her mind. The way the demon king had been in Belua’s room… she questioned again why he had been so gentle during that time… but she didn’t want to think too hard on it.

It seemed that even Proxy and Mad were too tired to surface… and for that Kaitlyn was grateful.

...and in no time she’d drifted off to sleep.

---Fade to the next Morning---

Kaitlyn woke feeling a bit better, though still emotionally drained. She didn’t shift far from Clay, having clung to him throughout her slumber. She lifted her head though, finding the male still awake. Kaitlyn whined softly to get Clay’s attention before she spoke, her ears lowering somewhat.

“Morning…” The femme took a breath before she spoke again. “...Clay… I’m sorry about all of this.”

Clay I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-03-2018, 09:56 PM
He kept himself curled around her and his head remained rested on her shoulder. She didn't say anymore and he could feel her form slowly relax as she drifted into sleep. For the longest time he remained wide awake, disturbed and even unable to doze. He didn't understand what he could do to help her with Proxy and Mad. He knew there was herbs out there, but could they help treat something like this? It made his thoughts drift back to his mother, and the days when he lived within the family clan. These thoughts at least allowed the male to relax and untense his form. It kept himself calm and allowed him to focus on the here and now. He still remained alert fearful of the king coming to find her, Clay would have no problem fighting him for Kait's freedom even though he knew he could never ever trust the man's word.

It took a while before he felt comfortable enough to doze and that was all he did. All night long he dozed leaving his senses completely alert. He would be able to spring up if anyone dared to approach them at all during the night. He wouldn't admit it, but he really enjoyed the closeness, the lack of space between them. Something about this women from day one made him feel the need to be in her life and he still planned to even with the potential of her being pregnant with the demon's spawn again. This time she wouldn't be parting with them, he would be sure to make sure that it remained that way. If the Demon King came for them, he would fight tooth and nail to keep the potential pups and Kait by his side.

-fade into morning-

He was unable to doze for any longer and was now wide awake. He felt the need to get up and stretch out his muscles, but he didn't want to wake her so he stayed put while his senses worked to take in the world around them. She would need something to eat, unsure when the last time she had eaten a decent meal. As far as the rest of the day he was unsure what they would do, it would be up to how she felt health wise and could travel or not. He wanted to get back to the West where Frost lived and get her to the healer, to sooth her from any pain and discomfort she may have.

He had noticed the shifting in the form, but figured she was probably shifting her position. He didn't realize that she was actually waking up until she lifted her head. He shifted himself, lifting his own head from her shoulder to allow her to get more comfortable. The whine made him look down to her face and notice that she was fully awake. She greeted him and he smiled his tail lightly tapping against the earth. Her apology was not expected.

"Don't be," he said quietly with a soft smile on his face.

Argus

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Jewell
02-03-2018, 11:21 PM
She'd travelled to the north in the night. Kami said she knew the sunrises up north were the most gorgeous, not that she'd be able to see it but at least Kami could describe it to her and she could try to imagine it. Though what she and Kami found in the cold was definitely not what they were wanting.

She had been sitting there up wind from the stench of blood and whatever that was, Kami had said sex but she didn't know what that was. There was movement and then voices. Finally they were awake. She stood and nudged her hairless companion who was huddled against her for warmth. "So what's there to be sorry for, huh? Bit him to hard during sex," she was upbeat with her attitude and had completely made no attempts to hide herself. Then under her breath finished the sentence. "Whatever sex is." This brought a giggle to Kami who was amused with her charge. Argus made no attempt to hide her freakish self either. The fact that she was both male and female never bothered her though she could guess it would bother some others. She moved to be within their eyesight with a few guiding pawsteps of her half blind companion.

"Argus Agatsama healer and hunter extrordinair. And this is my friend and constant companion, Kamilah Gyptian also healer and hunter." she had no idea her name was shared nor that the white face she proudly sported was the face of an Asmodeus. Which happened to also be familiar to this pair. Her rainbow back was also her marking of relation to her mother.

"Slow down child, not all at once. Nice to meet you." Kami spoke easily trying to calm her friend down. She was aged in her voice clearly.

Argus has a sphinx for a companion, named Kamilah, she is assumed to be with Argus unless stated otherwise.

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
02-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Kait gave a small nod when Clay said that she didn’t need to be sorry. She was, but to hear him say that made her feel just a bit better. Things were going to be alright, something told her. Clay wasn’t going to abandon her after all of this… Kaitlyn nestled against him again, drawing comfort from his warmth. She liked being close like this… being close to him. Kaitlyn hadn’t quite realized it, but she was developing strong feelings for the man. He was more than just a protector… He was a friend, a true friend, and perhaps one day she’d even admit to far more. She could certainly feel more in her heart.

But then she heard another voice, an unfamiliar one, and started as she looked over at the stranger. Her eyes widened… though not just because of the appearance of the other. The one who had spoken was… strange. They didn’t smell quite right, smelling of both male and female… but it was their words that had completely caught Kaitlyn off guard. “W-What!?” The other was younger than her… Gods they didn’t even appear to be two years yet, a teen… She realized in the next moment the stranger was blind, so it was likely she could only smell the blood and scent of sex upon her coat.

“No no… You’ve got it wrong…” Kaitlyn whined, flicking her ears back. She wanted to say more, until the other introduced herself… and the appearance clicked. The age clicked. And Kaitlyn felt her body begin to tremble.

It wasn’t just the pink eyes, nor the rainbow coat on a black base… the white mask… The name Agatsuma… “Great Divinities…” Kaitlyn whispered, her gaze dropping. She was starting to tremble more violently, her mind whirling.

“You’re… an… Agatsuma… can’t be…” Her words were shaky, quiet. She looked quickly to Clay and then back to Argus. “...and you have his mask…” She was breathing harder, giving a loud whine.

“Your parents… Your parents…” Kait was starting to lose it. She had flashbacks entering her mind, tears starting to prick her eyes. “Mama… Marina… and… oh no… no!” Kait was trying to get up now, though she was shaking so much she made a newborn deer look stable.

“He… he got…” Kait’s swallowed hard, trying to calm down, trying to keep from going into a full blown panicked state again. She hadn’t caught her mother’s scent on the ship… she wasn’t one of the Demon King’s prisoners or even a mate. This wolf looked to be about the same age as her first litter with him…

Could he have… taken her mother before they even met?

“You’re my…” Kait wasn’t sure what to call the one before her. Sister? Brother? Her brow furrowed some as another whine left her lips. “You’re her kid, aren’t you? Marina Agatsuma… Mother… she…” Kaitlyn let the tears roll down her face.

“I’m… I’m Kaitlyn… Agatsuma…” The girl hadn’t even known about Marina’s litter with Liar either. Didn’t know that she had six more unknown siblings, not counting Argus of course, and that four of those new ones were the children of the Demon King as well…

“C-Clay…” She glanced at the male, feeling her stomach churn. There was worry mingling with the distressed emotions in her eyes. “Argus… is his too… That mask… all my kids had it…”

Clay I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-04-2018, 07:28 PM

He didn't know how he missed the strangers approach and it had disturbed such a nice moment. He really enjoyed being this close to her and the fact she snuggled against him more made a warm smile spread on his face. He wasn't going anywhere, no since day one he had vowed he would stick with her, not because he was a vary helpful person, but because there was something about this women that he didn't want to leave her.

When he realized there was another here his hair immediately stood, out of surprise that he hadn't sensed her before. It may be his lack of sleep, but the younger women'd first sentence made his lip curl though his lip quickly fell as her more quieter words made him realize she had no clue what it had really meant. He had to bite his lip looking to Kait. As he watched the younger wolf he realized her eyes didn't move which had to mean she was blind, her scent also was confusing smelling both like female and male which made Clay a bit confused also.

Kait was upset by the younger women's suggestion, but she seemed to get much worse as Argus introduced herself. She had the same last Name as Kait, but that couldn't be why she was getting so upset. His attention drew to her as she trembled. She was in denial about this girl being an Agatsuma, but it seemed the mask was what made her worse. He had never met the demon king, but the way Kait acted meant it had to be the demon she was referring to. Though who exactly this girl was in relation to Kait was unknown to him yet, until Kait mentioned mama. His ears flattened unsure what to do, but press against her in an attempt to comfort her.

The demon had gotten to her mother too something that made him feel more angry towards this male. He had to be stopped, this couldn't keep happening. His eyes were dark unsure what to say, he didn't want to say anything nasty in front of this younger female. He was lost for words.

"Speech" & 'Think'

Argus

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Jewell
02-04-2018, 10:17 PM
She could smell the stress and she sat. Smelled and sounded like this woman could use some lavender or something like it. Her surprise at what Argus said brought a half smirk half smile to her face. She really hadn't met too many outside of her family that knew about her so she figured it was her scent and the sight of both genitalia that suprised the girl before her. If she had had manners ever she was sure she lost them long ago. Then the psycho babble started. "Hey slow down, take a breath okay? For one i am an Agatsama, born to Marina Agatsama. For two I have no clue who he is so slow down and explain it."

She waited as more babble came forth. Really this girl needed some lavender. Too bad it didn't grow in the cold though. "Hush child. Argus has no clue who her father is just that her mother wouldn't talk about him. Argus ran away when she was just a babe though and has been learning from me since. Now tell us, what it is you mean ms Agatsama. Who is he? What does he have to do with your sister?" Argus of course was cool with the whole thing. She didn't know she had older siblings other than chasm but she knew if he was there then it was likely her mom had others.

"So if this man is my father how can I find him? I want to learn more about him and why he didn't help mom when she needed him most. Why he made it Chasm' s job to raise us while mom was breaking, and why he left us in celestial the entire time?" she was eager for the answers.

Argus has a sphinx for a companion, named Kamilah, she is assumed to be with Argus unless stated otherwise.

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
02-04-2018, 11:07 PM
It was confirmed… this girl… Argus was her mother’s daughter… Kaitlyn felt her heart beating faster, racing… Kaitlyn tried to breathe slowly, trying to gather what other information she could. Kaitlyn pressed against Clay, so glad that he was here. The femme looked to the companion as she too began to speak.

Right… she had to calm down… she had to explain. It took her a moment, breathing in and out before she nodded. “S-sorry… It’s… a lot… to take in…” Kait closed her eyes. “Mother... I… I haven’t seen her in so long…” Tears still rolled down her cheeks.

“I…” Her voice cracked, and then she opened her eyes again, looking directly at Argus as she spoke. “YOU CAN’T!” The female practically screamed the words in alarm.

“Argus… you… you can’t…!” Kaitlyn looked down to the ground again, her mind flashing to different times with the man. “He… is known as the Demon King…” Kaitlyn swallowed hard.

“He… He’s not right, Argus. He’s dangerous. One moment he can… he can show gentler side… but the wounds I have… they’re from him. They’re from your father…” Kaitlyn lowered herself to the ground.

“You… you have nieces… one of them though… she’s… she’s gone. His son killed her…” The tears kept rolling. “Those girls… are also your sisters… Your father… is their father too.” Kaitlyn could feel something stirring within. She felt sick…

“Mom was already broken…” Katie whispered. “...But… trust me…  Argus you can’t go there… He might kill you… Worse…” Kait shuddered remembering the threat of if she left again.

“...and if he doesn’t, his Queen…” The brown femme swallowed hard. “...and you might… have more siblings soon.”  Argus was an oddity… But she was family… and she was a healer… maybe with her help she could get some strength back to travel back south again. Somewhere safe…

“...but… but maybe… you’d stay with us? At least a while…” Kaitlyn glanced at Clay again, hoping he might approve. She didn’t want to think that there might be another victim… let alone a sister… and besides that… she wanted to know more about the femme and her companion.

Clay I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-11-2018, 10:05 PM

He let the two go on, Argus was indeed Kait's younger sister. He briefly would wonder how many siblings Kait had all together, but he was quick to shove the thoughts back as Kami began to speak. Kait pressed against him and he wrapped himself a little tighter around her for emotional support. He wasn't to sure what to say, but he could at least try to comfort her as the two sorted things out, plus rightfully so he didn't feel like it was a good idea to get into the conversation to much, but that was until Argus said she would like to meet him. Though Kait was quick to reply, practically screaming it before taking herself down a couple of notches. Kait went on to explain who exactly she was talking about. Then finished by asking for Argus to travel with them. Kait looked back to him and he gave a quiet nod, family was vary important to him and he did not at all mind if her family joined them or not. He looked back to Argus.

"Kait's right, he's not safe to go to and I assume that is why your mother never wanted to talk about him. Your welcome to hang around with us," he responded.

"Speech" & 'Think'