gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
01-31-2018, 10:39 PM

Kalliope hated being sick. She hated how Etain was at her side every minute of the day and fretted over her constantly, she hated feeling like she had to keep herself away from everyone just to make sure she didn't get anyone else sick. Most of all she just hated feeling like a burden. She was greatful for her daughter looking after her, but once she realized Etain wouldn't have gone to the healer training without her insistence she realized she would just have to suck it up and not be sick any longer. Of course that's not really how it worked, but in her mind it was.

The worst part was that she couldn't even tell how she was sick. She wasn't coughing, she wasn't sneezing, she didn't feel any congestion in her nose or lungs. That kind of stuff was easy. Take some herbs, lay up in the den for a few days, no problem. She just felt so tired and her headaches just wouldn't go away. Maybe it was just part of getting older. Today she felt a bit better though and she missed Castiel too much to stay away any longer. While Etain was out hunting for herbs Kalliope made her way back to the den that she usually shared with Castiel and Etain.

She was happy when she got there and noticed that she could smell Castiel's scent inside. She smiled a little and slipped inside, her tail wagging gently behind her. "Hello, love," she said softly as she padded over to him, following his scent and the sound of his breathing. She settled down next to him and carefully felt her way to his side and nestled against him like she had so many times before. It was such a relief to be back with him again that she almost forgot how terribly she had been feeling.

"Talk" "You" Think

Castiel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-15-2018, 07:23 PM
Cas wasn’t originally planning on doing much that day. He felt… a bit lost. But the arrival of his mate was enough to bring the pale male out of his funk. Enough to press against his darling Kalliope, and find relief in the fact that she was doing better than she had been. Her illness, and time away, had been even harder than losing his sight had been. He didn’t know yet… and neither did Etain. Of course he was older than his dear mate too… it was likely just him growing old that caused the vision in his other eye to go. Time could be a cruel mistress.

“Hey there, stranger.” Castiel rumbled softly, feeling his body ache a little as he shifted to nuzzle her. Though this would be the first sign something was off.. He didn’t nuzzle her cheek as he normally did, missing by a decent margin and bumping his nose on her mid-muzzle instead. His ears flicked back at the realization, a soft sigh leaving his lips.

“I’ve missed you, Kalli.” Castiel said softly, trying to deflect from the slip up. It was his own mind hounding him about the blindness… it wasn’t that he viewed it as a weakness. Hell,  his wife and daughter were living proof of how handicaps could be overcome. “It’s been rather lonely since you and Etain have been away.” Cas confessed. “Are you feeling better?”

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
02-16-2018, 01:08 AM

Kalliope felt his nose lightly bump her muzzle and at first she didn't really think much of it. Of course he usually would nuzzle her cheek, but for all she knew she had been the one to accidentally bump into him. She didn't think much of it. Instead she was much more concerned with just enjoying finally being back with him. Every time she was away from him for any length of time, no matter the reason, it always felt like coming back home when they were reunited. "I've missed you too, Cas," she replied with pure honesty.

"I'm getting there," she replied with what was hopefully a reassuring smile. She wasn't sure what this illness was that just wouldn't let go of her, but it had been a hard one to get over. It wasn't a complete lie since she was feeling better, but she wasn't sure how much of that was actually healing and how much was just determination to get back to Castiel and let Etain get back on with her life. She didn't want Cas to worry about her either so she quickly moved the subject along so he wouldn't dwell on it for too long. "How about you? Are you feeling alright?"

"Talk" "You" Think