Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Bluetick
02-11-2018, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 01:02 PM by Corentine.)
Herb Hunting: Lamb's ear

Since the meeting she had been doing her best to balance both what she loved to do and when she was expected to do. She was within a healing rank now, which meant she had to begin to do what her mother did so well. Since she had helped her mother many times she had decent knowledge of the trade, but foraging trips had been vary little. She had been on maybe one or two trips to hunt for herbs. Finding herbs was going to be her biggest learning curve, but she had to keep the stocks up so she was prepared to heal at a moments notice. She had thoughts of meeting with Kassander, the other in her same rank, and see if he wanted to do a lesson.

They didn't have many wolves for the three big territories that they occupied. They didn't have any wolves younger then herself either, aside from the daughter of two of the Santuario's. She wasn't sure if the girl had interest, but maybe if they held one for all three maybe it would be worth it. None the less it would be something to talk to Kass about and get the older healer's thoughts on. For now she headed from the pack lands her mind set on doing some gathering today. She didn't need much, but enough that she wanted to get it while the weather was so nice.

Heading through the plains she lifted her nose to the air taking in what scent she could. She knew the smell of the herb she was looking for, but it was a matter of getting a whiff of it and tracking it down.

"Talk" "You" Think

Brandr, Lucine, & Halation is allowed in any of her threads regardless of the tag

Lydia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
02-24-2018, 01:43 PM
But you'll never find the answers, until you set your old heart free

Lydia was growing used to living alone and with time the memory of her captivity faded though it always lurked below the surface. The coming of spring and warmer weather had helped to ease her mind as well. It was just much easier to feel happy with the world in bloom and brilliant color, beneath a warm sun, with herb hunting at its peak to give her focus. Today she was searching for lamb's ear. She was planning on doing a lot of traveling and it would be good to have some soft bandages ready for her paws which could easily become raw and blistered as she travelled.

She was searching for the familiar scent and the recognizable fuzzy leaves when she noticed another young woman who also appeared to be searching for something. Another healer perhaps? Oh, she hoped so. It would be nice to talk with another wolf of her discipline. "Hello there, out enjoying the nice weather?"

Corentine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Bluetick
03-25-2018, 07:23 AM

Bringing her head back down to the ground she used her sensitive nose and began to track, slowly moving through the grass as she did so. She closed her eyes letting everything focus on finding the plant she sought. Though things were interrupted as a voice called out from nearby. She lifted her head and opened her eyes looking in the direction of the other women. She seemed to be searching for something too and Corentine wondered if she had just been lucky enough to stumble into another healers path. The golden eyed women smiled brightly and nodded to her question.

"Indeed! Taking the opportunity to find some herbs for my stock. How about you?" she asked wondering if they may be looking for the same thing.

Her golden eyes were bright with curiosity if this was another healer Corentine was more then happy to work with the women. She was sure she could learn more about healing from another healer. Her mother had taught her alot, but there always had to be more.

"Talk" "You" Think

Brandr, Lucine, & Halation is allowed in any of her threads regardless of the tag

Lydia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
03-25-2018, 06:56 PM

The other woman seemed friendly and Lydia grinned when she mentioned herbs. So the other was a healer? Fantastic! It felt like it had been such awhile since she had met another healer. "I happen to be replenishing my stores as well. My name is Lydia and I'm looking for Lamb's Ear. What about you?" Perhaps they could hunt herbs together or exchange information information. She noticed that the other woman smelt of pack but Lydia opted not to say anything. She mulled over the thought of a pack in her own mind but she did not know what to make of the idea. On one paw it would be nice to have the protection of a pack but on the other she felt it was easier to go under the radar as a loner. Of course with a pack it would much easier to eat and to have her herbs easily available.

Corentine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Bluetick
03-29-2018, 02:11 PM

The women confirmed Corentine's thoughts, making her smile even brighter. She hopped over some plants and got closer to the women as she spoke, giving her name and what herb she was looking for. It was to good to be true! Lydia was also looking for Lambs ear and it make her tail wag back and forth.

"I'm Corentine and what luck because I'm also looking for Lambs ear. Do you want to help each other out? Surely two sets of senses are better then one," she replied.

The job could get done a lot quicker with both of them looking for what they needed which meant that maybe there would be more time to get to know Lydia. Corentine was always up for making friends and getting to know someone if anything maybe this Lydia would be open to meeting up to collect other herbs also.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lydia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
04-08-2018, 03:02 PM

Lydia grinned as Corentine introduced herself and stated she was looking for Lamb's Ear as well. Oh what luck! She nodded. "Yes, that sounds like a good idea to me. If we find it quickly perhaps we can look for other herbs as well. I seem to have quite a list." There were always more herbs to be gathered than she seemed to have time for. Of course space was also an issue. As a loner she tended to move frequently and it was difficult to take a stash of herbs with her. She had seen other healers with packs and things for carrying items. She really needed to see what she could do about finding such things. In the meantime though she had to focus on her herb hunting.

Lydia scrambled along the rocks, keeping her eyes peeled for the silvery green leaves of the herb, likely growing in the crevices. She found this particular herb difficult to pick up by scent alone so she was glad for Corentine's company and assistance.

Corentine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Bluetick
04-18-2018, 05:14 PM

Corentine smiled at her words. She was always up for looking for other types of herbs to ensure her stocks were well kept. Two eyes for this job were much better then one and they could get more done in a faster amount of time. It was a grand idea and the young healer was more then willing to take it.

"Sounds great!" she replied with a smile.

As the older women began to look around Corentine went back to looking as well, using her eyes more then her nose now. The picture of what the herb looked like was in her mind so it was a matter of finding it among other plants. She also looked among the rocks too, knowing there was always a chance the herbs were hidden.

Minutes marched by as the two worked peacefully with each other to find the herb. It was a been frustrating at the difficulty, but finally she had managed to find a matured plant hidden among a rock cluster. and she pranced on place for a moment.

"I found one!" she called out, to let Lydia know.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lydia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
05-05-2018, 04:13 PM

The pair began the search. Lydia scrambled over the rocks, keeping her eyes peeled and trying not to get to distracted by the random plants she encountered. Sometimes it could be overwhelming to realize how many plants she didn't know the names of or what, if any, medical properties they had. It seemed she could live a thousand lifetimes and still not learn all there was to know. She heard Corentine call out and she bounded over to her with a smile on her face. "Great find!" She grinned down at the fuzzy little leaves covered with silvery hairs. They were useful for their antimicrobial properties, something Lydia felt she needed more of in her arsenal.

Lydia laughed. "Now the fun part." She bent her head and gently, and quickly, plucked off a few leaves, dropping them in the rabbit skin she carried for her temporary herb storage. "Are you very familiar with this plant Corentine. I've only every used it to help prevent infection and I'm curious if you know any other uses for it?"