gems
size
Small species
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KBeeventTreat 2019
02-19-2018, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2018, 08:34 PM by Armando.)
I can't do the fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants thing. I gotta have some plot backbone or something lol so I have a couple ideas for the little thiefy island critters. These are only ideas. Anyone who's interested is welcome to add to, modify and reject these ideas as they see fit c: Casanova here is my dude. He's a little red panda who will eventually be decked out in baubles, carry a pouch full of poisons, maybe a dart gun (maybe??) and make weapons for his buddies. Oh, and nap a lot. Can't forget that.

BACKSTORY: so there once was a crow named Chauncey who had a thing for shiny trinkets. He stole and he stole, filling his nest so full of goodies that the branches supporting it broke and rained trinkets down upon an unwitting lemur. That unwitting lemur, after some choice words, was wooed into helping Chauncey rebuild his nest and thus, the merry band of smol thievies was born. Time passed and other leetle thieving types slowly joined ranks; the nest was expanded to a cave and then, after being raided one too many times by other marauders, was moved to a difficult-to-reach island. Somewhere along the way they acquired a moose. Also on the island somewhere is a cage full of captive potoos because why not.

Is that a silly story? Yes, yes it is. Feel free to do whatever with it (including propose a better one) so long as we can all agree on something.

HIERARCHY: I kinda like the idea of it being more or less anarchist. Perhaps a band of buddies who do their own thing but benefit in some way from living and working in a group setting. If someone wants to go raiding he tells everyone of his plans and anyone who wants to join him does under whatever terms they decide is fair for that particular raid/scam. Perhaps there should be some sort of head honcho. Maybe not a true leader, but someone who acts basically like a parent and keeps all the loose cannons from a) self destructing and b) taking others with them.

SIZE: It would amuse me endlessly if the bulk of this band was made up of little fellers. I mean, they are on an island. They do have spears and slingshots, dart guns and a tol moose. They don't need to be big and scary.

MISSION: lie, cheat and steal to acquire all the shiny baubles, be it necklaces or tinfoil candy wrappers. Casanova is up for the take-it-by-force methods, but his forte is a bit more...conman-esque. He's a pretty good fortune-teller and he can "talk to the dead". Shooting someone in the rump with a dart dipped in sleepytime drugs isn't out of the question either. Basically he's up for whatever scheme the others want to toss his way. He is a bit lazy though, so some finagling might have to be done to get him involved.

Got suggestions? Better ideas? Wanna join? -waves hands at reply button-

Armando has a female tufted titmouse companion. It doesn't have a name because it's dumb and doesn't deserve one. Assume it's with him always.

Balthazaar

gems
size
Other species
build
player
02-19-2018, 09:15 PM
Ya boi bringing in a sleepy binturong named Balthazaar to be part of the squad (maybe joining upon their collective arrival on site?)

Atlas I

Loner

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant
02-19-2018, 09:16 PM
I just realized it would be kind of neat if when Atlas sheds his horns the smol friends used them to make stuff. Also I like what you have written here so far.

Akselle

gems
size
build
player
02-19-2018, 10:00 PM
Akselle is so down for this!  His skills will be centered on navigation and intellect.

Edit: finished his profile! Ended up leaving out a bit of the stuff I was musing about in here. It's really hard for me to pin down chars til I get started going with them but I feel good about the personality I got here.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
02-20-2018, 01:39 AM
Ngl I wasn't planning on bringing in any other species for quite a while but you guys got me thinking about bringing in a bat for this!

Atlas I

Loner

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant
02-20-2018, 02:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 01:33 PM by Atlas I.)
Edittt: Okay so, now that I'm putting effort into the things! Iiiii think we need at least one more char who has a leader(ish) type persona if we're going to have a defacto head honcho, unspoken or official. Or, maybe one char just grows into the role through rp, whoever that ends up being?

Also I vote we get another smol one that's the youngest that everyone has secret soft spots for but no one ever admits it. Cause that's my 'original' idea

Also do we wanna kind of decide how they met or jusst let the details be made up as we go? Maybe Atlas has slowly collected smol frens?Or did they find each other and then find him? Decisions decisions...

Also, I volunteer as tribute to do refs for smol fuzzy frens in free time between comms. Drawing new things is fun apparently???

edit 2: someone make a coati, they're so cute ;u; the little feets and the snoots got me good.
edit 5000: In my head Cassanova sounds like, uhm, Jason Bateman. Idk why he has a voice now but I need everyone to know.

Armando

Loner

gems
size
Small species
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KBeeventTreat 2019
02-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Deeeen I would like to volunteer Cas to drag Balthazaar into the group but idk if he would :c He's a little...unmotivated in the recruiting department. Well, in most departments lol. If you can't find any takers for that plot, perhaps instead him and Cas can be long time couch potato buddies? MID THOUGHT EDIT: perhaps Balthazaar is the youngest smol fren Mon was talking about? AND/OR maybe he gets/got caught in one of Cas' traps after swimming to the island?

Lolaf - *grabby hands* Doooo it

Luns - Sounds like he's going to be a blast!

Mon - YES to the antlers! I love that idea. As for individual joining stories...I have a little headcannon going that Casanova was orphaned/abandoned/lost as a cub and raised by a grifter on the island. Perhaps Atlas was also orphaned/abandoned/lost as a youngling and raised side by side with a red panda? ;D That kind of weird/cute brotherhood could be fun

And I mean, if you wanna take a stab at drawing Cas I'm not going to complain... DA is seriously lacking in good red panda lineart and it is a crying shame.

I'm not sure what we should do for a leader. Cas definitely isn't good leader material. Too lazy, too prone to feed-me-grapes-and-fan-me-with-fronds demands. I'm cool with there not being a leader when we join these guys (perhaps s/he died recently?) and there being a vacancy. Unless someone out there has a char that's leadership material?

Annnd now I'm never not going to hear Jason Bateman's voice when he speaks xDD Thanks Mon

(Also I pictured one of the little guys making grabby hands at Atlas so he'd lean down...and once on their level the little guy booped his nose and now if possible that should be a thing)

(And maybe Cas practicing with his dart gun accidentally shoots someone in the butt)

Armando has a female tufted titmouse companion. It doesn't have a name because it's dumb and doesn't deserve one. Assume it's with him always.

Atlas I

Loner

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant
02-20-2018, 10:13 PM
I think den suggested bal accidentally walking onto Atlas' antlers as a means of meeting them :P

Our fearless leader will eventually need a chair/throne made of antlers, just sayin. And that could be cool o: I did jot down my only other 'idea'(if we can even call it that) in atlas's history where smol ones suddenly appear and try to use him as a shield, thus beginning his future status as bodyguard moose. Although, perhaps we combine them.... suddenly smol atlas has smol critters hiding under him and then he goes to live with the critters and they grow up together? 10/10 heartwarming tale. I love it.

You couldn't stop me if you tried, it's happening now.

Yeah, I suppose they could enter sans leader, might even be a decent starting point for their entrance. Them arguing about who would take the spot, you know, if they were so inclined(since i doubt any of them will at least for a while lol). If anyone else feels like joining the group with a leader type char, would it be cannon for them to already be in that role? Or work into it? I assume if anyone's going to get these troublemakers and misfits to listen to them they need everybody's respect. Whether that's developed IC or not doesn't matter much to me though.

You're welcome, it was the first thing I thought of after reading his profile. Also I imagined him trying to seduce Fox's char Aggie's companion. And then I pictured cas offering her a ride on atlas and atlas ditching him. or trying to lull him to sleep to spite cas.....

also nose boops MUST happen!!! 1000000%

poor soul who gets hit... oh dear. I'd volunteer atlas but I imagine he'd be the least likely to actually go down given his size lol.

Akselle

gems
size
build
player
02-24-2018, 10:26 AM
I'm afraid Akselle isn't really leadership material either IC. He's far to indecisive and needs someone to make the decisions for him, plus the OOC player has a pack and doesn't want extra leadership responsibilities. xD

Maybe we can make up the details for how they met as we go? Or maybe they were all just sort of working on their own gathering shinies and then decided to pool their resources?

Love the antler ideas!!

Hymn

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantChristmas 2019
02-24-2018, 11:32 AM
I could see Bat (who does not yet have a name shhhh, Lolaf's been super busy) being leadership material, but since she'll be asleep on Atlas' antlers most of the day idk. It could be funny/interesting if every time they need to consider a new course they have to go wake her up.

I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3