gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Whatever You Are, Be A Good One

Wondering about the lands of southern Boreas and the tip of Auster, Serene was starting to realize there were many different breeds of wolves; not just in their looks but also in their personalities, their spirits. Every stranger she met was far different than the last, just like the lands she crossed and the things she saw. From giant stone sculptures to rolling hills of herbs and flowers, everyday there was something new to see. Today was just the same; standing before her was a large river, filled to the brim with aquatic life. It was a refreshing stop on her journey, as she laid out in the sunshine on a large flat rock that sat beside the lapping water's edge. She had taken her fill of the cool liquid, before letting herself relax by the waters edge.

She had been traveling for many days, and was quite intent on simply relaxing today. But those fish... they splashed against the waters edge and taunted the hungry female. Catching small game every few days was not filling her stomach, and when was the last time she had fish? She stared longingly at the water, at the shadows moving beneath the surface. Her tongue slipped out between her lips and licked along her maw, a light grumble in her belly as she pawed at the water from her perch. If only she knew how to catch fish!

"Speech"

Xander

gems
size
build
player
04-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Ooc: Xander knows how to gt fishes, so does his Birdy!!!

The man, paced along the river not at all hungry his friend had feasted too so she didn't need food. But as they gained space of ten feet from a sunning rock, they noticed a woman. A sudden nose came from her she was hungry the man, turned to the water without a second thought he left in snapping his jaws around a fat salmon male salmon, he was a good size. He gave Alexandria a silent order, the bird chirped and dived down to get a salmon. After them both getting a salmon the trotted up to the woman, without a second they both set down there kills for the woman. "There you go m'lady. You seemed hungry, so I thought-" he paused, just stopping and looking away where we're is manners, he bowed his crown and stepped back.

Serene

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-01-2018, 07:24 PM

There was only a few moments between her staring longingly at the fish in the water, and a sudden loud splash nearby. Her head shot towards the sound, a bit alarmed, as she scrambled to her feat. The sandy female stared in shock as a strange wolf was suddenly chomping down on the fish she so desired but minutes before his arrival. Serene was mixed with anger and envy, as she so desperately wanted to know how to catch the fish he was so easily catching. Did most wolves know how to do this? Probably. She continued to watch in silence until the male and his companion began their approach.

She eyed them carefully, a little confused as to why they were so willing to give up their food; did she look that pathetic? As quickly as he approached, the stranger backed away, and her brows knit together at the action, but she offered a cautious smile anyway. "Thank you, kind Sir. They've been mocking me all afternoon." She pawed at the salmon, feeling too guilty to eat it in front of the provider. Instead, she turned back towards the silver male, curious as to how he came to this place. "My name is Serene, may I know your name?" She questioned softly, hoping to learn a little bit more about the male before she took the treat.

"Speech"

Xander

gems
size
build
player
04-01-2018, 07:54 PM

The man looked at the surprised woman before she spoke, he smiled "Oh, m'lady I am Xander. And your name is among a angels, for what do you seek among these cold lands?" he asked, with a kind nod. "Please eat, i have already ate." he cooed, with a look of concern. "please..." he asked, in mostly a beg. His ear flicking in ease, as the man felt his heart speed up as he felt lose in the woman's eyes. I wonder if she could, be mine one day? he thought. As he felt a mild part of his lower stomach knot, before he shook himself from the woman's heated gaze.

Serene

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-02-2018, 02:08 PM

The male seemed gentle enough, and so far his intentions seemed pure too, which made her slightly more at ease with him. Upon hearing his name, Xander, the woman bowed her crown in greetings, the faintest of smiles open her pale lips. "Good afternoon, Xander. I suppose I've come seeking the entertainment of others. And you?" She inquired with a small smirk on her lips. But soon the conversation turned a bit cooler, as he was suddenly asking her to eat the fish they had caught for her. Suddenly feeling guilty, she smiled sheepishly and nodded her head.

"Thank you, again, for the fish." Her words were soft before she took the first bite into the salmon. It was just as she imagined it would be; satisfying. Before long, she had nibbled away most of the fish, and was silently licking away the remnants from her maw. She had never eaten a meal, in front of another, without them joining in as well. She felt a bit odd about it, but wouldn't question it as her grumbling belly was now full and satisfied. She moved to lay down against the rock once more, patting the stone beside her gently as an invitation. "Would you like to come sit? The sun is very generous with her warmth today."

"Speech"

Xander

gems
size
build
player
04-02-2018, 09:13 PM

As the man looked back at the fair lady, she spoke and he fell lost in her soothing toone, as she asked why he was here he snapped from his awe. "Ah, M'lady I have come in seek of a mate a, pack or one to travel with." he sayed with a bit of sadness in his voice. But he quickly smiled, to try and cover his feelings.

As she thanked him he nodded, but in more of a no need to thank me way. His crown settling high apon his isthmus, as he spoke though his black lips. "For no need to thank me, and for you i'd sit here all day, even in the blistering sun." he stepped from his place, his haunches squeaking as he stepped up onto the rock and lowering his rump to a ungraceful plop. He then turned to the woman, "Would you like to travel with me, maybe? It does get very lonely...But if you don't want to-" he paused and turned away. He let himself lower to the rock, with a rank of his claws. A unpleasant sorry-filled grumble filled the air.

"speech"

Serene

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-03-2018, 03:36 PM

Xander answered her question with a fairly pure answer. Everyone was searching for a mate, a forever partner. Everyone was looking for a family they could trust, a pack to join. To travel with someone was possibly a step in between. She hadn't really thought about traveling with someone before, she just always assumed it was suppose to be a lonely trip, so that you could find yourself. But perhaps he was right, perhaps traveling with someone else was better. Probably safer, if anything. "I believe we are all looking for those sort of things, Xander." She said looking out over the water, wondering if her life would hold such treasures.

The silver male jumped up on the rock and sat down beside her, commenting on the heat. Serene's brows furrowed slightly, concern that perhaps sun bathing was not his cup of tea. "If it is too hot, we could move to the shade?" She offered, not wanting him to be uncomfortable. He suddenly turned to her, and asked if she would like to accompany him on his journeys. She paused for a moment, looking over the male and trying to find the words to answer his proposal. She had only just met this male, and although he seemed like a genuinely good wolf, she couldn't find it in herself to blindly accept his offer.

She smiled softly, turning her frame so she could properly answer him with her full attention. "You flatter me, Xander. Though I do believe you are a very kind and generous male, we have only just met, and I have only just gotten out on my own. I would like to travel some more on my own, but I tell you what," she looked over the water briefly, smiling at her next thought. "If fate is so kind, and we bump into each other once again, ask me then and I bet I will have a different answer."

"Speech"

Xander

gems
size
build
player
04-03-2018, 06:03 PM

As the man lessened to her speak he gave a simple nod. As he looked over and let himself melt, into the water. His eyes seemed to become one with the waves, him beginning to hum. As she spoke again he turned sharply to face her as she gave him, the question. He shook his crown as he stood apon his sodden paws, and cooed. "Fair lady, I am not. But if you are ok with it, could we walk?" he lifted his head as she gave her final answer was a no, but she rejoiced with a few words that set his heart ablaze. He nodes firmly, his tail a wag.

"speech"

For Xander by you mostly all know, Bear!!!

Serene

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-03-2018, 09:16 PM

There seemed to be no anger or resent after her answer, for that she was thankful for. She hated the idea of someone being angry with her, and with him being fairly large than she, it could be dangerous. But he still seemed genuinely fine with their interactions, so she remained calm. He then moved to walk and asked if she would join him, she shrugged, not seeing any issue with it. She pushed her weight to her paws, off of the flat rock and followed Xander along the river side. "So where do you come from Xander? Would I know the area?" She offered softly, trying to make light conversation on their summer walk.

"Speech"

Xander

gems
size
build
player
04-03-2018, 09:51 PM

The man took in a sharp breath, as alexandria decided to try and land on the woman's shoulder. She let out a purr sounding chirp. He then gave a sharp sentence directed at his companion,
"Be kind to her, and why don't you who like every other owl?"
he croaked, and his companion shoot his a unworthy gaze, "You know i can't who!" she hissed. Her feather puffing out defensively as she gave a loud, aggressive shriek. Xander glared at her before turning away, slowing his pace and saying,
"Hey would you like to, learn to hunt fish?"
he asked with a turn of his, crown. as he spoke, his tail lashing out in a calm order yet clearly held annoyance from the chirping bird.

"speaking"

Serene

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-04-2018, 02:11 PM

When they began their walk, the bird that had helped Xander catch fish began to hover over head. Serene didn't mind, she was friendly with all forms of life, when she wasn't hungry. Thankfully she wasn't, and she paid little mind to the creature until it decided to land upon her shoulder. Shocked, the sandy woman flinched upon instinct, but her fur settled when she realized it was not attacking her. She listened to their bickering and chuckled a bit, finding it odd that an owl could not make it's signature sound, but paid little mind to it.

When the large male slowed his pace, she turned her head to peer at him, a little confused. When he offered to teach her how to hunt the slippery fish, her face lit up with a smile. "Would you really? That would be amazing!" She cheered, quickly hopping over to the river edge to search for some easy prey. She was so excited, just like a young pup on it's first hunting trip, or first time gathering herbs. If she could learn how to fish, it would help her indefinitely.

"Speech"

Xander

gems
size
build
player
04-04-2018, 04:42 PM

The man smiled as she accepted his offer, he turned lashing his tail for extra balance as he gazed over the river taking soundless steps forth. His crow held low as he shifted his weight so, it was on his back limbs. He then reared and began to scan the river, like a otter. He took in a sharp breath, his nostrils flaring. As he caught a scent against the rough waves, king trout, they would be easier for her to catch. He lower his limbs slowly, with a silent landing. He turned to her in a hush voice,

"See that fish over there? She will be easier for you to catch."
He cooed, in a soft way.
"First lower your front legs like you where to stalk a elk or deer, then put as much force onto you back legs and leap as fast and far as you can. And as you reach for the fish bring you front legs forth, and lower you head under them as you open you maw and then chomp down on the side of the fish. If you can go though the gills for a soled hold."
he said softly, with a wave of his tail.

"speaking"

Serene

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-04-2018, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2018, 08:31 PM by Serene.)

Serene listened very closely to what Xander had to say, trying to imagine what she needed to by the what he said. Her amber eyes caught sight of what fish he wanted her to try and catch, and so she began her assault. Like he had said, she kept her body low as if she was hunting on land, eyes trained on the moving target. The water was cool, and as she made her approach got deeper and deeper. Soon she was upon the scaly prey, and she open her maw in preparation to catch it. As she leaped to clamp down on the trout, she engulfed a large amount of water as well as the fish. She coughed abruptly, causing the fish to fly free of her jaws, but only briefly as she clamped down on it once more, aiming for the gills.

After her near disaster of a hunt, she came trudging out of the waters, soaking wet, with a bloody fish hanging from her jaws. She was tired, and her throat was sore from coughing so roughly. But she had caught it! At long last! She dropped the fish in front of Xander, before plopping down herself, breathing deeply. "I... did it." She breathed, laying down on her side with a huff. When she had caught her breath, she glared at the fish. "You know what? I've decided I don't like fish."

"Speech"