gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
04-09-2018, 04:42 PM

There was something strange in Selene's chest. After all this time, she was back. She was returning to a place that had fit her so well once upon a time. A place in which she'd walked and romped and roamed. The soul of a wanderer, but a wanderer that would always return home. Things were strange in her brain, but she didn't mind them so much. Still filled with warmth and light, she moved through Boreas with the same old confidence. Things had changed, but the land had not.

A part of her called for someone she'd known once, a lovely red boy that had made her feel things she didn't even know how to talk about. Maybe she'd find him once more. Maybe she'd show back up at his doorstep and ask him to take her back. That was a silly fantasy. At their age? Well, everyone would have settled and had families, usually, by her age. Selene was still childlike in nature, and maybe that pushed her from that idea. She shied from it, almost like it would strike her about the head. No, she would not.

This time her search for meaning would bring her to do something else, a feat that would make Creed (rest his soul) proud. She'd visit all of the lands, one by one, and explore them from bottom to top. The moonscorned would keep a running list, a mental list of all the things she'd see, and all the people she'd met. She would see everyone and everything, and the world would be hers and hers alone. Today would be the first day of the rest of her life, after all.

The spring grasses rose up all around her, a sea of bony fingers rattling in the wind. Veteran's Plateau was creepy, Selene wouldn't want to be here at night. Her exploration began at the edge, tracing where the sides dropped off into the rest of the land. Something odd hung in the air here, like the despair of a great loss. A soft chill ran down the moonscorned's spine. Strange indeed. She would not linger long, but the interest in her face was clear.

"Talk" "You" Think

Open thread for navigation points.
[Image: PeVC6RS.png]

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
04-09-2018, 08:27 PM

He stood looking into the territory, his ice blue eyes taking in what he could see. It felt strange, this place seemed to lack any life and the male was regretting the fact he had come here at night. He should have just stayed in his den in the Weeping Woods, but he couldn’t sleep tonight. He had the bright idea to go waltzing around in the middle of the night to explore and to search for things that interested him. The moon happened to be full tonight, giving him lots of light to try and pick out more shiny objects, but as he stood there taking in what he could, he questioned himself about this territory. He should come back when it was daylight, when he could see better, when he didn’t feel like there was a chance of some monster coming out of the shadows to eat him.

His eyes narrowed at the thought, he wasn’t a pup anymore. No there was no such things as monsters, just living breathing animals. The spirits may be around here, but they were harmless and couldn’t do him any ill harm. So he pushed himself forward, lowering his nose to the ground to take in the scents. He would find some trinkets tonight and horde them away somewhere. He needed to get the lay of the land and he planned to do so as quickly as he could manage. He had tasks to complete. He moved along slowly his nose working to pick up the faintest scent of metal, looking for anything that could be of value to him or anyone else. Things that could be used to heal or to hunt, to wear or to even decorate ones den. Things that he could use or trade with. Anything at this point could be useful.

This was the place he had found his satchel, so he knew finding interesting things here was a high possibility even if he meant doing some digging. He had no problem with digging.

"Branch Talk", & 'Branch Think'

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
04-12-2018, 05:29 PM

Monsters were real, and ghosts were real too. All of them. Selene had seen them with her own eyes, lived their touch with her own skin. Things that she wouldn't mess with, wouldn't even consider screwing with should they appear. She was not at home in their midst, and they were freaking terrifying. Still, she was doing her best to keep it together. At this point, the moonscorned's best was good enough. Exploring was important, especially if she was going to figure out all this place had to offer. Important. Necessary.

As she explored, learning the ins and outs of the Plateau itself, she was able to catch the scent of another on the soft autumn breeze. Someone else was out her. She wasn't alone, and he... yes, that was a male scent she decided. Well, he couldn't be that much of a-- yikes. Even from a distance, Selene could tell just how tall he was. Holy cow. The creature was massive. As she explored, she was unsure she wanted to reach out, but it was best not to startle him.

The moonscorned gave a soft bark, enough to let the stranger know that she was out here. He was not alone in the universe, not alone in his existence here. He was nearly twice her size, and Selene would be lying if she said she wasn't intimidated. What a colossal creature. Still, she'd be friendly. Friendly was what would get her through, even with anxiety like this.

"Talk" "You" Think

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
04-12-2018, 08:42 PM

He had found a spot of interest and with care he began to slowly dig at the ground. It took a little bit, but he was beginning to uncover something, but what it was he was uncertain. He kept digging slowly into he uncovered something metal, something that looked like it could be worn. Gently he picked it out of the hole with his mouth and put it in the bag. He would stop at the stream by his den and clean it off. Moving on the male kept his nose to the ground, looking for anything else he could find.

It wasn't long before a bark called out to him, pulling him from his current task. His looked in her direction, seeing the small female who was a distance from him yet. He would greet her with a friendly wag of his tail, but kept his distance.

"Hello," he called out.

She seemed like she wanted to be social and he was always up for meeting new faces. Maybe even making a new friend.

"I'm Branch Wreckage," he offered his name hoping that maybe it would help create more conversation.

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
04-12-2018, 09:40 PM

A bit anxious, but eyes forever peeled on the world around her. She was studying as she moved, feeling out the way that the land rose and fell beneath her feet. A plateau was flat, broad and expansive. There was something under her feet, stories. Something strange and something... maybe lovely? Something a bit spooky, but Selene was making do. Things were fine here, and she was learning about the land. Tall grass and slightly rolling terrain. Gently, she approaches the large young man. Floating, rolling gait, and a soft gaze.

A last name. An old family of Boreas. She thought for another long moment of Lionel... he was an Adravendi, after all. Hell, she wouldn't even know where to find him. Selene stopped at a careful distance, nodding for a moment. "Selene, nice to meet you." A small smile, edging closer to a polite sphere. "What ah... what brings you out here?" She'd try to make conversation. Selene struggles with social anxiety sometimes, and today was no exception.

"Talk" "You" Think

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
04-12-2018, 10:01 PM

This place had been strange to him since the first time he had come out here. Something odd happened many years ago and the feeling you get walking through here was enough to scare most away, but Branch knew there was plenty of hidden treasures left buried in the ground. They were no longer needed by their original owner and was waiting to find a new one. Branch saw it as he was helping these objects along, while helping to ensure his survival and the survival of his future pack. It still didn't make this place any less eerie. To see another face here brought some relief and some distraction from the eeriness, but she too seemed a bit anxious.

She was a pretty women, one that looked similar to his own mother with her mostly raven black fur. Though she had some different shades thrown into the top of her back, much like himself. She then introduced herself and asked him a question. He always struggled with what to truly call it and ended up hearing his father's words every time.

"My family always called it Treasure hunting, though I don't know if that's how everyone explains it," he said. "I'm basically looking for things shiny, appealing, and what would be considered desirable by others."

Branch had never had a problem with socializing, with a big family like his own it was extremely rare to get a child that was shy and none social.

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
04-12-2018, 10:46 PM

Being social is hard, but when you frame it as an adventure, well then Selene could find it okay. Dainty beside the behemoth, seeming to need to stare up into his face when he speaks. He's... very tall. Eye contact was weird, and she wasn't used to it, but that was okay. Even interacting, after being alone for a bit, that was strange. The gypsies and their way of life. Always together, but not truly roaming as one. The lifestyle was poor for her, and she ended up wandering alone. The concept of family was drifting away, a thought on the wind.

Speaking of, this place... seemed to make its own weather. It was eerie, the way the breeze blew across them. The woman peers out, studying the strange nature of this... this place. A battle ground, but not in the way that she would understand. Glimmering eyes focused on the way the breeze rippled the grass, taking in the land itself. Always learning, always seeking, always exploring. The answers she sought probably weren't here, but Selene was looking anyway. Exploring.

Treasure hunting. It sounded like scavenging, but not for food. Her head quirks to the side softly, as if trying to catch his words better. "That sounds like fun," and truly, it did. "I'm exploring... I'm exploring the entire continent, eventually, so I figured I'd start here." Selene's volunteered the information, simply because she's bad at finding things to say. She was actively fighting the more anxious part of her brain.

"Would you teach me how to treasure hunt?" well, that would be a good place to start, or so she figured. Always good to learn a new skill, Selene has decided.

"Talk" "You" Think

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
04-13-2018, 06:54 AM

The eerie feeling of this place had lost his focus, he was focusing on the women before him and keeping his composure. It wanted to give a good impression, yet he didn't want to stop being himself. The more he focused on her the less he worried about the surrounding territory. She thought his task sounded fun and in return told him of her task at exploring at many lands as their were. It made him curious to know how many she has seen already. He was curious at how many different places these new lands had, but his desire to travel was wearing thin and he didn't feel like trying to revive it.

"That sounds like fun as well. How many have you been to so far?" he couldn't help but ask.

She then wanted to learn which made him smile and his tail wag. He liked to teach no matter what age the wolf was before him. It was a chance to share his knowledge and he loved to do just that. He nodded as a starting answer.

"I would love to!" He turned his head to get him bag, thinking if they started with the scent and went from there it would be easier to pick out here.

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
04-14-2018, 10:47 PM

The moonscorned regards Branch carefully, watching his face as they interact. You could tell a lot about others by their facial expressions, a lot about what they were thinking and feeling. Selene wasn't so good at it, but she was trying her hardest. She'd figure it out, and they would be able to have a good day. She would be friendly and appropriate. Social anxiety was a strange thing, but she was doing well.

"A few places, but it's been a little while since I was here. I want to start again from the ground up, and learn as best I can." She nods once, tail wagging softly at her haunches. It strikes her once more how big Branch truly was. What a tall creature. She'd love to learn, to explore somewhere new with the stranger. Things were going to be good today, Selene decided.

"Where do we start?" A sort of excitement shone in Selene's eyes, tail wagging with excitement. Learning something new was going to be grand. A softness, as she steps toward Branch. Yes, today was going to be brilliant after all.

"Talk" "You" Think