gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
07-13-2014, 02:08 PM

Katja was not one to trust others, no. Not completely, with as little as possible, but she was not a fool. No one could do everything on their own and with Vaughan - who had been Raisa's second in command - seemingly shocked motionless with grief over the loss of his friend and the children, Katja was in dire need of someone she could trust enough to act in the best interests of the pack, to care for it and the Xanilovs as she did.

As this puzzle had occupied part of her mind for a few days now, she already knew what she planned. It was simply a matter of executing that plan, and now was the best time. Lifting muzzle to sky, a cry rang out summoning one wolf of all the wolves sworn to Ebony. Baldur son of Hroovitnir, the white and black male who had saved young Sigmarr from a bear before they'd even met.

"

Baldur

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-13-2014, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2014, 02:33 PM by Baldur.)

"What do I even say to these kids?" Baldur turned from Linne? to stare once again at the sky. He'd joined Ebony for the sole purpose of helping the pups he believed to be his children but so far he'd been unable to approach them. He was just a stranger really. And it was foolish for him to think he could simply walk back into their lives and pretend to be a father. What the hell did he know about being a father anyway? Hroovitnir was certainly no good role model. And besides they were pretty much grown anyway. But still? still he felt this urge to stay and he couldn't explain why. Linne? moved to nuzzle him as a howl rang out. Katja?

Baldur got to his feet and shook out his snowy coat, pausing just a few moments to groom some unruly tufts back into place. Had she a task for him? He dearly hoped so. More than ever if wanted a direction in life. Baldur climbed up the Steppe's rocky face with more grace and confidence than he felt inside. "Drottning? You called me?"

speech

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
07-13-2014, 09:18 PM

Katja's masked face turned to see Baldur approaching. He'd responded quickly to her call, and Katja appreciated him all the more for his punctuality. Her silver gaze glinted at him a moment in thought. "Tell me, Baldur Hroovitnisson, what impression have you gotten of the empire Ebony in the time you have been here?" Straightforward as she was, it was unlike Katja to beat around the bush like this, but in truth there were many things running through her mind, and her plans for Baldur were not the only thing that needed addressing this day. "What are your thoughts on her people?"

"

Baldur

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-20-2014, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2014, 08:04 AM by Baldur.)

Baldur stood firm and confident though underneath the surface he was uncertain. Wondering not only about the pups but also what Katja had needed to say to him and so while he was sure only seconds had passed before she addressed him it felt like a lot longer. The question was straightforward but very complex. He could sense some underlying goal in the question thought he had no idea what it could be, not that he'd answer any way but honestly. He was not Loki after all.

"My first impression? Frailty. When I ran into Sigmarr and befriended him we talked on the way back. It sounded as though the pack would disband at any moment. My second impression, upon arriving at the meeting was one of determination and perseverance."

Crystal blue eyes turned skyward for a moment as the man compiled his thoughts. "Overall I worry for Ebony. I believe there is a strong core that can weather Raisa's leaving but there are other storms brewing and I fear we may not be ready for."

speech