size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
09-25-2018, 02:11 PM

Abaven needed new life breathed into its soil. It needed the patter of paws against its earth, and the sound of howls that rose and intertwined beneath a silver moon. It needed new members, and it needed them desperately. The three-territory pack had expanded more then once to make space for the many wolves within its borders. Now, the overgrown territory was quiet and sleepy. She was determined to wake the land, and had a few ideas of where to start.

It was this bone-deep need that brought her to the battlefield of Boreas in the early hours of the morning. She knew she was going to be spending a lot of time here in the future, and walked the dusty land with trepidation. In the past, she would have found little reason to grace this particular territory, and now nothing could keep her away from it.

With thoughts of growing and improving Abaven the main focus of her mind, the dark-coated wolf would tilt her muzzle skyward, and let out a long, melodious song, that called out for others to join her in song. She was a pack leader, looking for pack mates.

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
09-25-2018, 06:08 PM
Freedom. The word seemed to mean so much more to him now. After being captive and having no control over his destiny for so long. Stretching his limbs, running, going where ever he wanted. Rhyme felt like a pup instead of his now middle aged self. He ran like he hasn't for years, leaving his mother to have some alone time with his recently reunited father. He traveled farther than he meant to, but as the voice came over his ears he was glad he had. 

His memories of Shaye were foggy at best but he would recognize that voice anywhere. She has been there when he was born, and Rhyme knew he would forget her only after he forgot who he was himself. The call piqued his curiosity, and he couldn't help his white paws carrying him towards her. Other than his father he has yet to see any family. 

In a short time he would see Shaye's tall figure standing proudly in the battlefield. Rhyme was slowly regaining what confidences he had as a child, no longer afraid of punishment he sauntered easily to her side. There were no tears this time, just a large grin as he took in her older form. 

"Shaye.." His voice was soft but full. "It's been too long." though a reunion wasn't really what had brought him here he couldn't help but mention, "Mother will be so happy to see you again." there was no doubt those two needed to reunite almost as much as Rhythm has needed to see Valentine.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-25-2018, 07:06 PM

She let her song fade away, and stood tall and patient in the battlefield, she let her thoughts empty, instead of plaguing her with worries and doubts. She felt the wind her fur, gentle and caressing.
When a wolf entered her vision, surprise would take her. The dark form of the wolf wasn’t too different from her own. Black, with silver markings, in different placements to the coat she herself boasted. The markings under his eyes where a dead giveaway for Destruction wolves. It wasn’t until she heard his voice, and looked him in the eye, that she finally realised where he was from. “...Rhyme? No way!” her regal position momentarily forgotten as she lowered her head to give the man a nuzzle.

Family.
When she thought all of them were lost to her. “Rhythm?” Shaye asked, her voice soft, expecting further bad news, through just seeing Rhyme was enough to lift her spirits and remind her of hope. “What brought you here? Did you answer my song because you recognise my voice.. Or for other reasons.” Abaven needed members. Had he come also because he heard her song and wanted to join? Or was this only a social call.

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

09-25-2018, 07:43 PM
He could tell the she wolf before him didn't recognize him at first, though as soon as she did the joy in her features was apparent. He accepted her nuzzle and returned the gesture, realizing how comfortable he was to be in the presence of family once again. "Yes," he found himself chuckling lightly, "Way." 

She seemed not to believe him when he mentioned his mother, though if he was honest with himself even he felt it a miracle she was still alive. Though she looked and seemed younger now than she had in years. "Yes, Rhythm. Though we have been through.. So much since we last met." He skirted around the memories of his last few years. How much pain and heartache had they endured? 

Thankfully she kept their conversation going, moving on quickly she asked him what he was doing here. He did indeed recognize her voice from so long ago, and he has come to her mostly for that reason. She deserved to know he and her aunt were alive. "I did recognize your voice, and felt a very real need to see you." He thought about her question for a long moment. "You need members for your pack... Once our uncles pack." Though he couldn't remember stepping foot in Abaven he recognized the scent still. "I think I should like to be in a real pack again.." He trailed off slightly, his memories as a slave still too strong. "Imperium is no more, and I feel I need purpose. Take me Shaye, I will do as our family needs."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-25-2018, 07:54 PM

She grinned back at the wolf as he teased her. It was so good to see him again. He had just been a little sprite, back in the day, all trouble in a black coat. The reminder of her Auntie brought pain to her heart. There was still a healers den in Abaven with a few dead husks of herbs and other bits and pieces from her healer Auntie. She was old - just like Motif, and yet.. Rhyme was offering her hope, hard to believe as it was.

“I would love to see her again. I didn’t go looking for Imperium, but i’m sorry for you loss. Thank you, the pack desperately needs members.” this was good, her first recruitment as an Alpha.she had to get this right. “I’m hoping to draw in more wolves today. You remember the way to Abaven, right? If you can meet me at the borders in a few hours, we can talk about rank and responsibility. If Rhythm is interested in joining, I would love to have her, as well.” she gave him a last, familiar, gentle nudge on the shoulder, before falling back into a more formal standing. She was curious what his life had been for the last few years. She wanted to know if he had word on Motif and Shai, or any other of their family. For now, it was enough that he was here, and willing to join the pack she was creating.

"Talk" "You" Think

Allegro

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Samhain 20221K
09-25-2018, 07:56 PM

He had no particular reason to be around this area. He was simply continuing to wander, searching for either his family or a purpose he could latch on to. He never really knew how extensive his family may spread, but he was curious ever since he had a brief meeting with Ara. From a distance he heard the howl, his ears perked as he listened intently. It drew his curiosity and drew him in, in a way he couldn't explain. Something pulled him towards the call and he willingly went. Moving forward on agile body. Pushing himself he hoped it wouldn't take him long to get there, he wanted to find out more.

So far in his short life he had never experienced pack life, but it may be the answer to his problem. White form glided over the dirt of the battleground quickly closing the distance with his long strides. When he arrived he was pleasantly surprised to see Shaye, an older women he had already met once and a male he didn't recognize. The younger male smiled and went a little closer before stopping, lightly wagging his gold tipped tail.

"Hello!" he greeted them both.

"Allegro Talk", & 'Allegro Think"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-25-2018, 08:25 PM

She gave Rhyme an official invite to meet her at her pack border - to discuss ranks and his future within the pack. She hoped he would bring Rhythm along with him, at least for a chat, and the chance to tempt her to join.

As she was gathering her thoughts, she would heard the voice of another. Turning, she would see a white wolf, with pretty gold highlights looking back at her. Her maw split into a smile. “Allegro!” she welcomed him. She had meet the man near a herd of deer, not far from the lands of Abaven, he had been sweet and pleasant company.

So far, her recruiting programme was working out rather well. At least, she hoped that was what brought the man here. “It’s a pleasure to see you again. Are you here because you are interested in joining the ranks of Abaven?” She would be delighted to have him and Rhyme both. Already, she could imagine the quiet borders of her pack bustling with life

"Talk" "You" Think

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

09-26-2018, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 10:48 AM by Rhyme I.)
Rhyme stood with her as she mentioned how much the pack was in need of members. He nodded, wondering what his mother might decide to do. Admitting internally that she would probably stay with Valentine until one of them left this world. He has his doubts of convincing the old fart to join Abaven. "I do, and I will bring her but I can not speak for her." He smiled at her as she dismissed him. 

As he turned to leave another wolf would appear over the horizon, a pale being with golden markings. Another Destruction? He turned his dual colored eyes back to Shaye as she greeted him with recognition. The man's greeting was offered to the both of them and Rhyme was far from rude enough to ignore it. "Hello," he offered a quick nod as Shaye addressed him. Allegro. Having been given his orders already Rhyme would not linger to chat, but trusted if this man did join Abaven there would be time to get to know him. "Pleasure to meet you, sir. I'm Rhyme. But I must be on my way. Hopefully we can speak within pack lands." Rhyme smiled, offered a quick nod to Shaye and trotted off in the direction of the Range.

-exit Rhyme-

Allegro

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Samhain 20221K
09-26-2018, 08:33 PM

Shaye easily remembered him which made him happy. He didn't know how many other's the women knew, but she was easily able to recall his name. It made him feel special and made his smile grow a bit wider. His eyes turned to the darker male as he introduced himself. The interaction was vary brief, he had to leave.

"Pleasure to meet you too and hope to speak with you soon," he said with a smile.

The man quickly left and his cyanide blue eyes returned to Shaye. She began to speak asking him if he had come to join Abaven. He nodded with confidence and a wag of his tail.

"Yes I would, I feel I can provide a big help to your pack and hope to meet a lot of new wolves," he said.

He was still a bit young and couldn't act as cool and sophisticated as an older male. He truly was excited to meet others and to have them be a part of his daily life. He would be refreshing from the solitude of the last year and he hoped he could learn and expand his knowledge more to.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-26-2018, 10:58 PM

“Thank you, Rhyme” she nodded her head in appreciation to the man, giving him one last departing tail wag as he went on his way. She would see him later in the day and finish organising his place in the pack. Now, her attention was only for the younger wolf, who greeted her with a smile and a wag of his tail.

He was definitely new life, energetic and eager, a brightness in the sparse plains of the battlefield. “I have a feeling your exactly what Abaven needs, Allegro. We would be happy to have you.” she promised him, her heart already swelling at the thought of the new wolves entering the pack. “The pack is in it’s fledgling stage of revival, and I hope to see a lot of new members enter over the next few weeks. I will also be sticking around the battlefield for most of the day seeking out new recruits. If you are able to meet me back at Abaven’s border later today we can discuss ranks, roles, and your future within the pack. Do you know the way? If not I have someone who can show you.” she let her tail give another wag behind her, to show that she was excited at the prospect of discussing his future within Abaven.

"Talk" "You" Think

Blue - If your able to make your exit post next (if he doesn't know the way you can pp her bird, Feather, flying over to show him) and then you or I can make the thread in Abaven to go over his rank.

This thread is still open for recruitment!

Allegro

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Samhain 20221K
09-27-2018, 11:22 AM

He was feeling more alive and more excited then he had in a full year. He was determined to try this pack stuff out and with more potential extended family to discover. The only downfall is the wish of having his siblings and parents joining him, but he wasn't too sure where they were at this point. If he had traveled back to land he had crossed before he may find them, but for now he was satisfied with starting a new chapter in his life. The words that rolled from her tongue made him feel all the more eager. He was someone they were looking for and it filled him with purpose and drive. He had plenty of years in his life and he now felt there was more possibility in his life then he had days earlier.

The whole idea was a big beacon of light in his world, it had been since he met Shaye the other day. He intently listened as she further explained going into detail about the revival of the pack. She stated she would be spending most of the day here looking to recruit and that was easy enough to understand. His first set of requests as a member of Abaven had been said and he nodded in agreement to her.

"I know we were close the other day, but I'm not sure exactly If you don't mind....." before he could finish asking for a guide a bird flew over to him buzzing around him once before flying a little ways away from him.

He grinned and dipped his head to Shaye, this bird must be his guide. He would see Shaye soon to continue his new life, but now he had to make the travel there and he headed off fallowing the bird.

-exit Allegro-

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
09-27-2018, 01:55 PM
The cowering man skulked toward the woman with his ears flat and his tail tucked firmly between his legs.  He had been careful to keep himself hidden until he was sure the woman had good intentions. He and his lover Shiloh had talked about joining Abaven, before the ochre male had vanished and Spider ran off in search of him. He had no knowledge of how the pack had changed hands, or the fate of its leader, all he knew was that healers, such as himself, could find a place there.

Cautiously he approached the female, his eyes wide and fearful as if she might snap at him in a moments notice, which was after all, something he had grown accustomed to between Shiloh and his brief venture with Antigone. “H-h-hello.” He squeaked, his eyes on his own paws, flexing them nervously and ready to kick off the ground in terror. “I-I’m a h-h-healer.” He managed to stutter, a wave of doubt starting to flood over him. “I w-was w-w-w-w-w-w-won-wondering…” He broke off, his body beginning to tremble with nervousness. Blessed Yosep, this was going horribly. “Fucking everything up as usual.” His brother’s voice taunted in his mind, forcing him to grit his teeth and shut his eyes firmly, small nervous whimpers escaping him as he did. He wanted to cry; more than that he wanted his chattering companion Echo, or Shiloh, or even Gabe, the male he had briefly met and who he had rescued nearly a year ago. He wanted anyone that would tell him softly that it would be alright, but for the time being there was no one. “I d-d-don’t w-w-want t-t-to b-b-be al-l-lone.” He had managed to whisper, his voice raw with emotion.

Spider speaking   You Speaking Toad's voice

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-27-2018, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 01:26 AM by Shaye I.)

They would come in welcome trickles, the wolves who would grow the pack of Abaven. She would give Allegro a parting nod, having promised him her time later in the day. She didn't have to wait long after this before another Male would make himself known. His soft, cowering face made his nature known to her as he slinked his way forward.

He instantly reminded her of Finch, who's social anxiety had often left him cowering in his den until she or another of their family coaxed him free. Feeling an instant fondness to this strange, she lowered her body a little so she looked smaller and less threatening. When she spoke, her voice was gentle and soft. She treated him like a startled deer, and already knew that she would coax him gently. Finch she had coaxed and weelded and pushed. But he was family, and he knew that shaye would never hurt him. This stranger did not.

"Hello there."
She lowered her head to his height, her eyes wide with a gentleness that had once been her only way of life as a healer.
"A healer? That's wonderful news. My pack could do with a healer." He almost broke her heart at his stuttering, fearful admission that he didnt want to be alone. She couldn't greet, set a meeting, and dismiss this man as quickly as she had the rest. There where no other wolves around for the moment, asking for her attention, so she has the time to be gentle with him. "Then you dont need to be alone. A pack is family, and welcoming you into Abaven is to welcome you into my family. I would love for you to come with me there, to be a healer and a family member of Abaven." She promised him, getting her voice soft and gentle, making no movements to enter his personal space or scare him away.

"What's your name, my friend? I am Shaye Destruction."

"Talk" "You" Think

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
10-05-2018, 06:25 PM

He looked at the girl hesitantly, his tongue wetting his nose nervously as the white walls of his speckled eyes flashed. Submissively he returned his gaze to the ground with a small whimpered ‘wuff’. “M-my n-n-n-name is S-s-s-s-s-s-spider.” He muttered meekly, watching the woman as if she were about to snap at him. In many ways he expected it, almost anticipated that her kindness was some façade meant to lure him into a false sense of security.
She promised him a family, but what had family really meant to him? A father to be disappointed in him. A mother to pick at him constantly and build a lifetime of insecurities. A brother to torment him relentlessly and bring down what few accomplishments he had. A sister that he had loved dearly and that had cared deeply for him, which he repaid by killing her. That was the family his blood had promised him, and the family he had found had largely disappeared or abandoned him. His stomach tied itself into worried knots at the thought and he felt another tremor crawl up his spine.

“Like you deserve any better, you murderer, you faggot, you imbecile!” His brother roared in his mind, forcing him to screw his eyes shut in anguish.  

Spider speaking   You Speaking Toad's voice

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-23-2018, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 02:48 PM by Shaye I.)
He was submissive and nervous, and it hurt her to see him this way, this man who was a stranger to her. Who had hurt him so badly? She felt an anger rise up in her chest at the thought imagined abuse he might have suffered through to make him this way. She breathed softly through her nose, willing the anger to leave her as gently as the breath. It didn’t work completely of course.

She was not a wolf to anger easily, in fact, unthinking rage was unimaginable to her, yet this was the second time she had felt this helpless, frustrating rage inside of her. Both times at the thought of a wolf abandoned or abused. Perhaps this was why she had never really been destined to be a healer, if seeing wolves in pain brought out this anger inside of her.

She pushed aside the introspection as much as she could for later, letting Spider have the whole of her attention. She would reflect upon her thoughts when she was alone.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Spider.” she murmured, her voice falling even quieter as she saw his eyes scrunch in pain of some sort. There was that anger again. She breathed through it. If she found the wolf that had done this to him, she would -- she gave a mental, self-mocking laugh. She had a long way to go before she would be winning any fights. Still, she knew she would protect this wolf. Whether he knew it or not, he was hers now.

“Please, come to Abaven lands, we need healers, and you are welcome within our ranks. Do you know the way to Monument Rapids?” her little blue bird had returned to her by this point, and fluttered in wind a short distance away. “If not, my friend here will guide you, and I will meet with you in Abaven shortly, okay?” she asked him gently, nodding her head to the blue treeswallow to indicate who her guide was.

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
10-23-2018, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 03:23 PM by Spider.)

For a moment the woman seemed furious and all he could think of was what he had done to make her so angry. He whined softly, expecting her to surge forward and bite him, just as Shiloh would have done, or Antigone,  or any of the others who found his stuttering and whining unbearable and sought to promptly beat him into silence. Instead the woman asked if he knew how to get to the rapids, which he answered with a silent nod. The concept of someone being angry on his behalf had never occurred to him, never in his life had anyone defended him selflessly or without the expectation that they could take something from him. Shyly, cautiously, he stood and skulked eastward, glancing over his shoulder to see if the woman was about to chase him down. When she stayed in place Spider moved into a soft trot that quickly broke into a run, eastbound, toward the rapids, toward Abaven, and hopefully toward a brighter future.

-Exit Spider-

Spider speaking  You Speaking Toad's voice