size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
09-25-2018, 02:26 PM

Becoming a pack leader hadn’t been on her agenda when she had returned to the lands of her birth. The reason this had come about still set an ache in her chest, and longing in her heart. Sparrow was another loss for the silver-marked girl, another blow, and one she felt keenly.

She threw herself into the business of reviving a pack, because it was both the easiest way to bury her loss, and the only thing she could do if she wanted to see this pack thriving. Of course, she realised pretty quickly that she couldn’t do this alone. She had sent her little blue Tree Swallow - Feather, out to the island of Inu, and waited by the borders of.. her pack for the little bird, and Vail, to return.

Her sister was going to be astonished, and Shaye was a little uncertain what her reaction was going to be. Hey Vail - So I went to see if any of our family still lived, and accidently inherited our family's pack yup, Vail was in for a shock.

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-25-2018, 02:46 PM
The last messenger Vail expected to see was Feather. She had been more than enjoying some alone time with Solor, the two of them continued to catch up and grow closer. Now that she has him again Vail could not imagine going back to life with out him. The rays of the early morning caught her lingering on the beach with her toes buried deep in the cool sand when Feather landed on her shoulder. 

She couldn't tell her what Shaye wanted, but she knew to follow. The bird did not seem alarmed, so Vail did not worry too much. With a quick whine Notch was in his usual place on her shoulders, his claws making purchase on the callous skin. She called out for Solor to join her, like he would have even thought of staying behind, and the four of them returned to the East. 

Feather led them towards what was Ababen. Vail knew her sister sought to find family within the borders but as they approached with the waning sun she looked very much a part of the lands. Not that Vail was a very good judge on how anyone looked. 

"Shaye? Why have you called us here? Did you find.." She wanted to ask about their parents but she knew the answer before the question fully left her lips. The scent of them was not on her sister's pelt. She stopped just short of the border, uncertain what this all meant.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-25-2018, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 03:00 PM by Shaye I.)

She had timed it about right, for the length of time it would take for Feather to head to the island, and Vail and her new (lover?) to make their way to Abaven. She wasn’t waiting long before the white form of her sister appeared in view. She looked a little comical, with a big owl one shoulder, and a little blue song bird on the other. Solor strolled casually in behind her, keeping close to the white wolf without seeming to invade her personal space. She only glanced at the man, her intention for her sister.

“Oh Vail.” of course, she should have expected what Vail would guess, when her bird-companion directed them to the borders of what had once been their Uncles pack. “No.” where to begin? “First, I have sad news. Very little of our family remains, I got here in time to reunite with Sparrow, and then she was cruelly taken from us. Vail.. I may have agreed to take on Abaven. I couldn’t let the pack of our family die out. I know it’s a responsibility you weren’t expecting, but you will join Abaven, right? I can’t do this alone."

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
09-25-2018, 03:07 PM
Solor was, passively, not going to let his Winter Rose out of his site. When a bird entered their world and disturbed - for a second time, if a different bird this time - he was definitely interested in eating it. “Your family really likes birds” he would comment to full the time between the Island and Abaven. Even Vail wouldn’t know the reason her sister had called for her, she had simply seen the bird, and began the trek. He felt a little pinch in his heart at their ability to have wordless conversations, even when the both of them weren’t in the same land.

Faun was gone, he knew that, and Vail remained. He wouldn’t be abandoned again, so if this was where Vail was headed, then so was Solor. He kept close to his Winter Rose, but it was soon clear that she had become far more experienced at navigating the land. She didn’t trip and stumble, stub her toe, or land in a rosebush like he half expected her to. She didn’t really need a shining knight to save her, not anymore.

They approached the borders of the pack lands, and the first words from Vail’s lips where hope for her parents, and Solor shot Shaye a dirty look, when he knew Vail was crestfallen at their absence. “An Alpha?” he asked, uncertain if he should be weary or amused. He raised a brow at Vail.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-25-2018, 03:18 PM
Solor kept a comfortable distance as they drew more near, though she would have been thankful for a comforting touch such actions would have been inappropriate. They still hadn't made any kind of confessions or vocalized what they were to one another. Though Vail felt more solidified in her feelings for him with each passing day she has yet to utter the words "I love you." She could feel them coming, but the moment had not yet been right. 

Shaye took no time in explaining herself, revealing that she has found even less than they has both originally hoped. Vail knew herself foolish for hoping, but she couldn't help herself either. The news that Sparrow had passed was hard on the pink tinged she wolf, but such revelation would not overcome Shaye's next words. She was taking over Abaven. 

Surprise was written all over Vail's face as she jumped slightly with surprise. "Of.. Of course." She allowed herself to say before looking back towards Solor, suddenly worried that he might take off after being confronted with joining a pack. Not that those doubts were founded in any kind of fact. Deep down she knew he would follow her to the ends of the earth, but he nerves got the better of her. "You're going to be alpha of our family's pack. the statement might have been a question but Shaye seemed confident in her decision. A safe place with stability. She would never have to learn a new home again. "Shaye, I don't even know what to say." there was congratulations in her voice all the same as surprise.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-25-2018, 07:15 PM

Vails opinion was very important to her, and she watched her sister carefully as she told her what had happened. She saw the sadness when she spoke of Sparrow. They hadn’t been close to their cousans for a long time, and now they would never get the chance to. She let that roll in her stomach a moment, before forcing herself to push it aside. She was an Alpha now, she had to deal with her responsibilities.

“Yes” Shaye clarified when Vail said it back to her, not that Vail spoke it like a question. “It’s not going to be easy Vail, but maybe this is our future.” they could make this work, bring back something they had lost, make a new start to their lives with this.

As she spoke to Vail, Solor stepped over the pack lines, giving her a shrug as he moved further in. “Your both considered part of the ranks now” she clarified, before Solor moved further into the pack to give the two sisters some privacy to speak.

"Talk" "You" Think

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-25-2018, 08:00 PM
Shaye was quick to answer, she seemed confident in her answer and her decision. Vail let herself smile, the idea would begin to grow on her even as Solor crossed over the border. Her fears quickly put to rest as he accepted his role in her future with little less than a thought. Shaye was right though, their responsibilities would never be easy. She too began to cross the border.. Into home. The relief she felt with that thought was insurmountable. 

"I feel.. I feel that this is right." She smiled as her pink paws brought her closer to Shaye. Nuzzling her sister encouragingly she continued. "I know you will be a great leader." hadn't she been leading her little sister for years now? 

Though she did her best to remove her thoughts from her poor cousin. How much more loss would they endure? Surely this would be their turning point.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-26-2018, 08:15 PM
Vail crossed the borders, and that seemed like a deciding moment to Shaye. They had been through a lot together, and it was clear that Vail was going to continue that tradition - to stand at her side. Her tail gave a light wag behind her, a sign of her joy at Vails agreement.

Shaye returned the affectionate nuzzle "your support means a lot to me, Vail." She let out her breath in something close to a thoughtful sigh. "We have our work cut out for us, you know. This lack is dying, we need to renew the scents at its lackluster borders. We need to Shepard in wolves and show them that there is a home here for those that want it. This pack needs life, Vail." And it was going to be a long journey.

But she wasnt doing it alone. They may have lost a lot, in family and friends, but Abaven lived on. She began to walk, her and Vail stepping in unison through the terratory they now owned. "We need a checklist, and a beginning. Somewhere to start."

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-27-2018, 07:53 AM

Already she could feel the change in her sister, the young woman stood taller, seemed more confident. Just the air about her seemed more solid. Shaye had become more real, like that had been what she was meant for their whole lives. Vail took the comforting touch as well as the appreciation, though wondered for a moment if her sister thought Vail would not join. There was no hesitation in the girl, Vail wouldn'tabandon her sister like that. Life. Shaye was not wrong, even Vail could tell the border was sorely neglected. Everything seemed still, with out... life. She wondered for a moment what happened to the family that had lingered here, but much like she and Shaye something had called them away. She was glad of their return though.

Vail noded at Shaye's words, she had no doubt picking up the pieces of Abaven would be a challenge the both of them could take on together. They would find more of their family, surely. "You never were afraid of a little hard work." Of course she hadn't forgotten the huge amounts of labor they had been put to on the Hermit's Mountain. "We should start with a meeting, or call what is left of the pack. See who wishes to stay.. or go." The approach seemed reasonable to Vail as she matched her sister's steps towards the heart of Abaven territory. She was a pack wolf now, and the sensation was exciting.
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-28-2018, 03:19 AM
Vail was quick to pick up the pieces of the pack beside her sister. As Shaye and Vail walked, side by side, the two sisters would consider what needed to be done. She would catch a scent of Solor, who had gone a similar direction, through whatever he got up to, he was clearly giving the two sisters peace to deal with this change together.

“Neither where you. Little miss tenacity” she grinned at her sister, the expression echoing through her words. All of this was going to be easier with Vail at her side.

“Good idea Vail, it’s a good place to start. I’ll need to see whos left, and what path they seeing Abaven going down, compared to my own vision of” she hummed softly under her breath as she considered the task before them. “We’ll need to set up a healer garden, and i’ll need to come and go from the pack quite a bit especailly at first. Do you think you could take on that responsibility, and you and Solor can answer border howl's together?” she suggested. She was glas now that Solor was here. Protective older sister and all, no matter how dependent Vail was, she wouldn’t have liked the idea of Vail meeting possible hostility at the borders of Abaven alone.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-28-2018, 10:38 PM

Already Vail felt her life changing for the better, she had her sister and.. Solor right beside her the whole way. She still wrestled with herself internally about what she wished to call him. Her friend.. No that wasn't quite right. Her mate? She didn't feel like they had spoken enough about their relationship, but she wasn't averse to the word either. Solor as her mate. The sentence had a great ring to it. Though she couldn't really think about him at the moment they followed his scent and she found herself distracted. Shaye was quick to bring her back to the present though and the younger girl giggled along.

Her older sister thought Vail offered a good idea too, see who wished to stay and see what they thought about the pack. Shaye also mentioned a garden, which particularly captured Vail's attention. Maybe find a nice den to share with Solor... Put a little garden outside of it. The possibilities before he were almost overwhelming. Would she also greet wolves at the border?

"Alpha responsibilities? Shaye are you sure?" She felt much weaker than she had in a long time. Shaye seemed to have immeasurable confidence in her sister, but Vail wasn't as sure of herself. "I.. Feel honored but.." her voice trailed off as her insecurities appeared from being buried for far too long. Would she be able to live up to her sister's expectations?
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-29-2018, 03:34 PM
Her thoughts where already scrambling over everything that needed to be done. The resources they needed - the most precious being wolves themselves, and the organising ahead of her. Having Vail here was already a load off her shoulders. She needed a wolf she knew well and trusted right now. One with whom she could share some of the responsibilities.

She was walking herself down some lines of thought, when Vail spoke. The uncertainty in her voice ripping Shaye back to the present immediately. She turned her head, looking at Vail’s milky-pale eyes. She might not be able to see Shaye’s regard, but she had no doubt that Vail would feel it. “Absolutely. Vail, there is no doubt in my mind. And… I need you” she admitted softly. Was her younger sister up to the task?

She could hear the insecurities in Vails voice, and sought to dispel them immediately. She closed the space between them, resting her muzzle on her sister’s check. “I know who you are, and what you are capable of. I have absolute trust in that. When I ask ‘Is this what you want, will you do this with me?’ I ask with no doubt of you in my mind. I ask because I need to know its what you want, too.”

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-01-2018, 01:16 AM

Vail knew Shaye was going to put her all into the pack, everything she did was for the good of continuing the pack their uncle had started. To keep their family safe, what they had left anyway. As well as any new family, she Wondered how long it had been since Abaven had any pups running around within the borders. It needed new life breathed into it.

Shaye's words didn't shock her, but they did bring her round. The confidence in her voice left no room for Vail to argue. Having someone so close tell you outright how much you were trusted and told how capable you really were. Vail couldn't doubt herself for long. "I need you too."

She nuzzled into her sister's fur, a silent thank you as Shaye explained herself. "Of course, I just.." she gathered her thoughts, her movements becoming much more graceful with age than her words. "I don't want to disappoint you." She admitted sheepishly

""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-01-2018, 01:26 AM
“Thats why we always do everything together” Shaye pointed out warmly, nuzzling Shaye’s shoulder in a hug before stepping back again. She was grateful that Vail didn’t seem to think twice about joining Abaven, about joining Shaye. Taking on Alpha responsibilities clearly worried her a lot more, but Shaye had confidence in her sister.

As she expressed that, Vail seemed to believe it, housing only a hint of doubt. “Impossible.” Shaye argued. “We are a family, and I believe in you, no matter what you do.” she continued walking then, her tail swishing against the banks of the rapids as her careful paws walked her along the bank. She had no fear that Vail would fall into the waters, it might have been a long time ago, but Vail had been born in these lands. And besides, her sister had grown into her confidence in understanding the world around her.

“Ok, so let me know what you need to start the garden, and i’ll find some recruits to give you a hand to if you need. Or-” she grinned impishly at her sister. “Would you rather do it as a project with you.. And Solor.” she raised an eyebrow at Vail. “Do you want to talk about how that’s going? Am I going to have to deliver the big sister threat to him?”

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Their conversation grew serious as Saye reassured her sister of the confidence she held in her. Vail felt her cheeks flush with the praise. Though a spunky little thing Vail was more than humble. She accepted and returned her sister's affection, choosing to believe in the older girl. She could do this, they could do this. Abaven would flourish under their care, she had to believe it.

She couldn't refute what Shaye said, and nodded her head in agreement. She wouldn't let self doubt consume her any longer. There was no try only do, and that was exactly what Vail planned on. Her tiny pink laws followed after her sister, though she kept a much safer distance from the rapids. Shaye knew how to boost Vail's confidence and soon they spoke of the garden again. However even here Solor seemed to wedge his way into her mind by way of Shaye's words. Vail felt her cheeks grow hotter at the mention of him and being more directly confronted about their relationship. She decided to play dumb.

I don't know what you're talking about," she offered in her most innocent voice, followed by her most guilty. "But I would prefer if he were assigned to help me." She grew sheepish as she broached the topic she had been consciously trying to avoid.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Vail kept to her opposite side to the rapids, and she could hear to soft patter of her sisters paws, over the gentle gurgle of this quieter part of the stream. They were going to do this together and that gave her confidence. Enough so that she felt like she could do anything.

Being back in Abaven reminded her of so much of her childhood, she would have wallowed in monhocony when she found the spot Rhythm had taught her to hunt salmonders, a spot she had then taken Finch to, showing her cousin the art when he wanted to hide in his den all day.

It wasn’t far from here that Arcus had entered the territory to find her, ony to incur Bass’s wrath when he discovered the trespass. Reminders of the boy that could have been was another factor that was hard to pull her thoughts from. She was grateful when Vail caught her attention with her words.

She stopped in her tracks and turned her attention to the white wolf, a slow smile over her lips, through none of it showed in her voice. “No? He’s just a silly boy then, I wager? Hmm. I should probably stick him in the ‘Weeds’ rank then, let him work his way up. I mistakenly thought he mattered.” she was needling her sister, seeing if she would get defensive at the slight, seeing how much he did matter, if she was refusing to say it outloud. Her grin stretched wider, then wider, an open-mawed tease as she looked at her white-pink sister. “A weed would only be good for fetching and carrying for your garden, however.” she admitted mournfully.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-02-2018, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 12:52 AM by Vail.)
Shaye was much too clever for Vail's own good, she saw through her words with crystal clarity. The albino she wolf adopted a rather ashamed look as Shaye retorted painfully, if Vail had been thinking more clearly she would have realized her sister was joking. Instead she burst out with a quick "No!" her ears fell to her skull suddenly ashamed of her overreaction. 

She grew even more red than when she was burned by the sun as she managed to make out Shaye's features in the brightness of the day. She shook her head in frustration then, fully outed by her own mouth. However she was not so naive to know her sister had goaded into such a reaction. Judging by the sound of the water here was shallower and slower than most of the river and her decision would only take a few moments to be made. 

Vail gained a rather predatory look as she suddenly flung herself towards her much bigger sister. She meant for the both of them to go tumbling into the water, mostly so Shaye might drop the subject at hand. Of course nothing ever went according to plan, and though Vail didn't put a paw out of step when they had been walking together she tripped now. Suddenly she was flat on her face, embarrassed physically as well as socially. She huffed heavily but didn't make any motion to get up. 

She would go from playfully joking around to completely serious. The last time she said she loved someone she had to leave them. What if she lost Solor like she had lost her parents? Sure she and Shaye had voluntarily gone but she had expected to find them when they returned..

Vail felt tears well into her eyes as she thought about the whole thing, not wanting to admit out loud how much she cared for Solor, not being able to find their parents, and all the new responsibilities laid on her shoulders. Of course she would never complain about helping her sister as much as she could but coupled with her brilliant fall she felt just as helpless as she had as a pup. 

Surely Shaye was more than concerned, Worrying her sister right now was the last thing she wanted. She sighed before sniffling and wiping the tears with her paws. "I'm sorry Shaye, just everything.." she was much too emotional as her voice caught in her throat. "I.. I think I love him. But if I say it out loud.." What if I lose him?

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-02-2018, 12:53 AM
Vail was perceptive, and smart, but she didnt see through Shayes test, instead she cried out a negative at her sister supposed plan. Well! This bot certainly was something, if he could blind Vails sensible thinking.

When her sister lunged for her, she was half expecting some type of retaliation and pranced backwards. An unnecessary motion apparently, as her sister suddenly tripped and tumbled to the earth. Shaye couldn't help it, she laughed out loud. Not at Vails clumsy act, but at the realization that Solor had put her calm and controlled sister in such a state. Vail had it bad for him!
Then, she heard the sniffing and realised what she had done. She crouched beside her sister, licking her ear gently so she would know that Shaye was there.

"Oh Vail" she whispered softly. She forgot sometimes that her sister was blind, and double so - because couldn't it be said that love was blinding? I'm sorry Vay, you didnt see. You didnt see his face when he walks beside you. Did you feel how he hovered there? Just at the edge of your range. I saw it when he walked to our borders. I still shouldn't have teased you so." She admitted, pushing her muzzle under her sister head, nudging the smaller wolf up.

"He loves you too. He would be a fool not to. If he tried to walk away I would drag him back by his scruff, and invent a rank of slaves - just for him." There was a hint of steel to her voice, subtle but there. The iron of an older sister.

"You dont lose the ones you love. You have never, will never, lose me." She pointed out, understanding that some of this sadness came from losing their parents. She would lay beside her sister for as long as she needed.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-04-2018, 12:39 AM
Hearing Shaye chuckle at her made her cry a little harder, she should have known her big sister would never laugh at her tripping. However in her current condition she couldn't help but think it the truth. Of course Shaye's gentle touch seemed to cure the younger girl of many of these worries. The alpha's words were sweet but also eye opening. Vail's tears dried slowly as Shaue described how she saw Solor. The way he looked at her and silently felt about her. Vail felt more solid in her feelings towards the other wolf as well.

Shaye finished with a quick apology before nuzzling underneath the albino's chin. Vail sighed softly, feeling embarrassed still that she had overreacted so. She smiled even as Shaye mentioned what she planned to do is Solor did even think about leaving. She began to feel more reassured, more cemented in her relationship with both wolves. Shaye promised to never leave her, and Vail believed her. Shaye had been there through everything, her whole life.

"I'm sorry too, for overreacting, and for taking you for granted." Shaye really was her rock to lean on. She didn't feel like moving yet, it was comfortable under the shade of the summer sun. The sound of the stream soothed her hurt feelings and she felt herself relax. "I'll never leave you either, big sister." she smiled and nibbled playfully at her sister's conveniently placed ear.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-06-2018, 10:44 PM
She didn’t want to feel like she was pushing her younger sister into this life. Not when they had both already gone through so much - lost, so much. Looking at her sisters tear soaked face, Shaye could feel the knot of anxiety in her chest. Was she doing the right thing? Taking on this pack had been a spur of the moment decision. She had known in an instant that she could let everything Abaven meant to her slip away. After actually taking the mantle, she knew Abaven was going to mean so much more.

She could craft a life from this pack, she could see wolves rolling in its gentle meadows, wolves working together, in hunt learn and play. She wanted this, needed it after what she had lost. She believed in it.

Would she walk away from it in a second if Vail asked her to? She nosed her sisters cheek, hating herself for even asking the question, hating that she didn’t know the answer. “I’m glad Vail. I want to do this - together.” Vail seemed content to lie beside the stream, and Shaye was glad. She rolled next to her sister, her ear gently tugged from above, so she licked Vails nose, leaving a big smear of saliva in her wake.