size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
09-26-2018, 04:36 PM
Rhyme travelled back to where his mother lingered in what has been Imperium lands. He was able to tell her of Shaye, and the news brought her great joy. However, she was still recovering from their journey and would not be joining him yet. He hoped there would be enough time left for the two to reunite, even if Shaye had to go to her. 

His pace was quick, he enjoyed the freedom he had won, but did not dally. Shaye was surely waiting for him at this point and he quickly made his way to the border of Abaven. He slowed his pace as he approached the border, wanting to speak with his new alpha before assuming anything. He called out to her, dropping his haunches to the ground and lifting his head to the evening sky. 

As his call echoed over the sound of the not so distant falls he wondered what Shaye might have planned for him. He had every intention of putting his heart and soul into this pack. To protect those within from a fate like he had suffered. He has been unable to spare his mother such atrocities, that guilt would stay with him always. But maybe he would be able to keep the rest of his family from a similar fate.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
09-26-2018, 08:08 PM
Today had been a good, productive day. She had found members and Destructions both. Her family would always be welcome with the borders of Abaven, and welcome as permanent members, doubly so.

She lingered a little longer at the battlefield to finish off business, before making her first appointment of the day. She reached Abavens borders and had only a short time to grab a snack, before Rhyme was calling for her. Swallowing the last mouthful of fish - mindless of the small bones, she would step away from the Rapids.

Rhythm had taught her to fish, so long ago, but the memory of her Auntie no longer came with a pang of sadness. She lived! And she was within Shayes reach to see her again.
Reaching her borders she would find that Rhyme was alone, but no matter. She would have time for a reunion later.

" Cousin" she greeted him warmly, taking a seat at her borders. It didnt pass her notice that he had waited cautiously on the other side of the scent markers. His manners did him credit, but she was still quick to clear the air. "I welcome you as a full member of Abaven, Rhyme. Walk with me, and tell me where you see your future going within this pack."
So saying, she picked herself up again and began to walk further into Abaven.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

09-27-2018, 08:33 AM

Rhyme didn't have to wait long for the newly fledged Alpha to make her appearance, he didn't miss th scent of fish upon her and only lifted an eyebrow for a moment. His mother had taught him to fish but he had never been particularly fond of the white flaky flesh. Shaye greeted him warmly and he did the same, offering a quick bow of his head as she welcomed him into the pack. He would have preferred returning to his father's pack, but this would be a close second to what he had lost.

He did as he was bade, rising from his haunches to catch up with her, though she only stood inches shorter than he her stride was impressive. He walked beside her, much like their mothers had done in these same lands. "I will be what you need from me, though my skills in fighting are slightly better than healing." He'd offer her a suggestion, Rhythm had tought him many of her skills but he still felt more confident in his claws and teeth than herb and medicine. "I.. My mother and I were captured as slaves five years ago. I want to protect any in our family from having to suffer such a fate ever again." His words were the truth and he hoped she would take them into consideration.
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-28-2018, 03:25 AM
It was hard not to look at Rhyme and think of Rhythm. Her cousin had said little about where they had been over the years and what they had gone through. Nor did he say where Rhythm was now - only that she was alive, and would be interested in seeing her niece. She wouldn't let herself be sidetracked by her thoughts of family. She had asked Rhyme to meet her here to talk about his future within the pack, and his asparations here.

“A healer and a hunter both came to me after you left. A fighter would be what Abaven needs best now.” she would explain to him, as he told her he knew both fighting and healing. Of course he would, with Rhythm and Valentine as his parents.

When he did finally delve into his past, a growl would escape her lips. A slow, menacing sound, that was barely audible under her breath. She was more keen now then ever to see her Auntie, and ensure that she was alright. “Where is Rhythm?” she would ask of him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

09-28-2018, 10:39 PM

The slate colored male took after both parents, but Rhythm seemed a much heavier influence. She had been with his throughout enslavement, had kept him going through the darkest time of his life and they emerged to the other side. He had always looked up to his father when he was younger, but when he had been unable to save his mother from serious injury and capture he felt like he would never be able to live up to his father's greatness. He couldn't give up though, glory was not what he sought his family's safety would be his priority.

A fighter was what Abaven needed and Rhyme was eager to live up to her expectations. He nodded respectfully as he took her assignment, but divulged vaguely what had happened to them. His ears pulled back as he slowed, "She is finally safe." his shame shone through, "We came straight to old Imperium lands to find my father, she is with him." Rhythm had been happier than he had seen her since before their ordeal when Valentine had wrapped her in his arms. "She went through so much." he tried not to think of his half siblings that had been forced upon her in captivity.
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-29-2018, 03:42 PM
Her paths split for a moment. She had come here seeking family, and she had taken on the mantle of Alpha in a heartbeat - for her sister, for her family, for the pack that Bass had created. When she heard about what had happened to Rhyme and Rhythm, she felt the sudden and burning desire to be with them both. To know what had happened, and what she could do to set right the injustice. When Vail and Shaye had left, it had been by their own choice. What had happened to her Auntie and her Son had not been volintery at all.

“Valentine?” Shaye would ask, somewhat in surprise. She hadn’t thought about the man in a while. “I thought you said Imperium was gone. Did he rescue you?” that would not surprise her at all, and she felt both a tinge of jealousy and a great deal of approval for the man. Her younger self had wanted to spend every moment in Rhythm’s presence, feeling more akin to the healer then her warrior mother. She would have wanted to be in on the rescue, but she was just glad that they where both alright.

She shook her head a little, she digressed greatly but it was hard not to. ”There are a few different warrior ranks within Abaven. Most I would have start at the beginning, at Oleaster. Instead I will start you at Blackthron, because I need some wolves with responsibilities within my pack. If you prove yourself, you will rise quickly to Firethorn and be in charge of all warfare at my side, within Abaven.”

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

10-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Rhyme couldn't focus on revenge, but he knew he would have to be there when his father enacted his. Before his only thoughts had been on escaping with his aging mother, now he could think about delivering justice. He could make sure those wolves never hurt anyone again. Rhyme was determined, but patient. Shaye quickly questioned him about his father and the pack that had been lost.

"Yes, my father still lives where Imperium once ruled." his ears fell as she asked if he had been the one to save them. "No, I'm sure he thought us dead all these years. I had to get Mother out before they killed her." while he doubted they would have issued a death sentence for her old age their treatment of her might as well have been.

Shaye tried to bring them back to what the conversation had been about. His responsibilities in Abaven. She offered a rank in which he could work towards a goal, rise up in the hierarchy and take on the role of warrior like he had dreamed of as a pup. Warfare. Rhyme felt a prickle run down his spine. Would Shaye go to war to enact justice upon his captors?

"You do me great honor, cousin." He would do his best by her, and deliver revenge for his mother. "What do you expect from me in the blackthorn rank?" what daily duties would need to be seen to, what might he need to focus on to gain that coveted rank?

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Rhyme would explain that Valentine still lived where the pack had once ruled supreme, but the pack was there no longer. He would also explain that he was the one who had won them both their freedom. Shaye hoped he had left a bloody trail across his escape. She didn’t often condone violence, but she had no mercy or compassion for wolves who would kidnap and hurt others. She was uncertain what horrors these two might have gone through, and wished she had known, wished she’d had the chance to spare them. No point wasting breath on what could-have-been. She had already come across so much regret in her return. All she could do was forge her path forward.

She growled softly in approval to Rhyme, letting him hear her opinion through the soft and primitive noise.

She would find out more about these slavers, about Rhythm, and about what these two had gone through, but she would first answer his question and see to the business of the pack. “Once we have a few more fighters in the pack, you will take on an apprentice and teach them how to fight. You will attend all meetings, training exercises, take on patrols, and potentially be assigned to watch over wolves that wish to walk outside the pack borders for any reason - such as hunting, gathering, and peace negotiations.” she would explain.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

10-02-2018, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2018, 03:57 AM by Shaye I.)
He was no reader of minds, but Shaye seemed to hold the same sentiments as himself. While he had web forced to bear the memories of what they had done to he an his mother she only had her imagination. He was thankful that she quickly continued on to business.

He listened intently, forcing the memories and thoughts of his slave years away as he focused on Shaye's assignment. The tasks were rather tame, and Rhyme was confident in his ability to accomplish them. Having an apprentice would prove to be interesting and he found himself looking forward to spending his time performing all his duties. He had something to look forward to now, a purpose to carry out.

"All of those sound more than acceptable." he lowered his head in respect as he took on the responsibility. "I.. Hate to bring our conversation back to such dark matters. However, before I departed Father mentioned forming an army to enact revenge on those who captured us. I have every intention of joining him and.. Would look forward to your presence as well."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-03-2018, 04:01 AM
Rhyme accepted the duties she laid out before him. He was exactly what she sought for in a member. He was loyal, happy to stand up to his responsibilities, and had enough ambition to strive for something higher than what he already held. So long as he was more then just words, he would do well within her pack, and for her pack. He was also family, and Abaven had always embraced family. Both those of blood, and those chosen to it.

Speaking of family, Rhyme would direct her attention once more to the ordeal that he and his mother had been put through. The corners of her eyes tightened as she fought to keep from growling again. She had made her point, no point right now in repetition.

“Of course. What happened to you and Rhythm should never have happened. It would be my privilege to act, beside you and your father to ensure it can not happen to anyone else.” and if she got in a little revenge. Well, then that worked out for her too.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

10-04-2018, 12:40 AM
He wished not to think too hard on the time spent as a slave. The vile tasks he had been set to, the cruel punishments sought out when he failed.. Or succeeded. He mentally shook the thoughts, he had to focus on revenge for what had happened instead of thoughts of what had happened. Shaye made that easier on him as he observed the determination within her eyes. She felt the injustice just as he had lived it. She loved Rhythm as he did, she wanted justice as much as he did. The slave trade was more than cruel and Rhyme was determined to end at least one sect of heathens.

Rhyme felt his heart soar like it hadn't in years at his cousin's words. "You don't know how happy those words make me." despite his celebratory words they were solemn as he lowered his head humbly. "Thank you Shaye."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-07-2018, 03:37 PM
Abaven was still a huge work in progress, and she was not certain if many of its wolves would be in fighting shape to take on the slave raiders. Still, this was a pack of family and Rhythm had belonged to its heart many years ago. The wolves here deserved to know what had happened to her, and have the opportunity to take up arms against those that had hurt one of their own.

They deserved to see that she would fight for her own, for the wolves of this pack, family and friends alike. She might not be a fighter, she might have been raised down the path of a healer, but she would stand up for what she believed in.

“Rhyme, your a fighter. How about a practice bout, you can show me a few pointers?” she asked him with a slight smile. Pride would never be her weakness, she was sensible and practical.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

10-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Rhyme would have been more than surprised if the whole of Abaven came to their aid in revenge, but he knew such a raid impossible. He had yet to even see any other members of the pack and would not ask Shaye to involve them. He knew many of his kin focused on healing arts rather than fighting and he had no issue with this. Just having Shaye's word to be there was plenty for him. The atrocities forced on his mother would be avenged by her family, the thought alone brought him comfort.

His dark ears perked at her next words, he tilted his head in pleased curiosity as she challenged him to a bout and asked for his guidance. She really did have confidence in him if she asked for such a favor already. "Of course, cousin. Little else would please me more." he said with a large grin as his body shifted instinctively. His joints bent and his ears fell to his skull. "Pointers first? Or do you believe actions speak louder than words?" he was ready whenever she was.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-08-2018, 06:56 PM
She gave a brisk nod as the conversation began to change again at her own words, but caught onto it with one last thing to add. “Keep me in the loop, if you or him came to me with the plan, I can act on it from there.” she promised him, telling him with that she was all-in, “Just give me a chance to see who else in the pack would come with us”
If he let her in on the plan once they formed one, she would bring it to her pack. Whether it was as Alpha or just another fighter in the ranks, she would be there.

She laughed at his eagerness, shaking her head with the mirth. Definitely pointers first dear Cousin. It’s been a while.” she admitted. Fighting hadn’t been her priority in the past, but she was going to make it one now, and fast.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

10-09-2018, 05:14 PM
Her promise filled him with hope, they would claim their revenge and reign justice down on the evil doers. He could save the half siblings that remained.. Rhyme didn't linger in his thoughts for them. He'd been unable to bring them to freedom with himself and his mother, and hoped they might not hold a grudge against him. He nodded in agreement, when the plan was fully formed he wouldn't hold back any information from her.

With her words about their practice spar Rhyme found himself laughing out loud. An action he didn't remember the last time he had performed. It felt good to feel joy released from his throat again. His world was returning to a form of normalcy, and he craved more of it. He had fought his way to freedom, he could give her a lesson in what he knew. Though desperation had been a big part of his escape.

"Of course," he smiled and felt himself stand just a little bit taller. "One of the most important things to remember is defense. Protect yourself from harsh wounds, don't voluntarily allow the enemy to hurt you." of course this seemed like common sense, but in the heat of battle it was easy to forget about your own autonomy. "Keep your balance, you're tall and your enemy will use your high center of gravity to their advantage. Keep your knees bent, and don't forget your tail is a great tool to be used for stability." He demonstrated the form as he spoke, "With offense, use your teeth, your weight, and your claws if you can. They aren't very sharp though, and unless you are certain you can take out an eye or something it's not worth sacrificing your balance. Use your weight to your advantage, slam into your opponent and knock them off balance."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-13-2018, 12:15 AM
His laugh was rich and welcoming. She didn’t know what her cousin had gone through, but he had come out of it in one piece, the center of his being still whole and intact. He was still quick to fight for those he loved, and ambitious enough to desire to rise through her ranks. Considering he was teaching her to fight, she would definitely have to give him a few points towards gaining his next rank.

She grinned back at him, listening carefully to his advice. Guard her soft spots, watch her balance. He demonstrated as he spoke, and she let her body fall into a similar stance. It reminded her of Voltage and the tips he had given her in building a defence.
Head and shoulders, knees and toes. Eyes, ears, mouth and fur!
Was the addice a kind old fighter had given to a pup. With that in mind, on top of Rhyme’s reminders, she spread out her paws, digging her claws into the earth. Her knees bend slightly, strengthening her center of gravity. She lowered her head, tucking in her chin and raising her shoulders, bunching the skin around her neck. That done, she glanced back at Rhythm, thinking about his advice to do with attack.

“Alright, wanna give me attack examples?” her memory in defence felt more clear then that in her attack. Her and Voltage hadn’t gone very far through that part of their lesson before he had been called away. And besides, it had been so long ago...

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

10-17-2018, 04:09 PM
Rhyme was sure Shaye would be a good student, and he was not disappointed. He did wonder where she had been all these years that fighting hadn't been an everyday occurrence. However his view was rather askew, he had practically been a slave mercenary the last few years. Thankfully his masters had not fought him too hard, any scars he had retained were covered with his dark fur. He pushed those memories from his mind, they had no place here in the present.

His cousin was quick to take his advice, her body shifted positions and easily fell into the basic defenses. The corners of his lips turned up into an approving smile. Having a real opponent in front of her would be different than standing in front of him practicing her stance. Already though she showed promise.

She asked for attacks then, ready for the next phase already. He contemplated his answer for a few moments before speaking. "Look for holes in your opponents defenses, seek out their weakest point and exploit it. If they haven't pulled their ears to their skull rip them off. If they keep their eyes wide open, blind them. I've already mentioned throwing them off their balance, try and drive them off their feet. Use your teeth to destroy vital tendons and muscles, cripple them so they don't have a chance to do the same to you." he knew that this was far from the answer she wanted, but so much of battle was circumstantial. "Use your instincts, they're there for a reason."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-22-2018, 04:51 PM
She grinned at him again, her familiar old cousin. He had been but a tiny little ball of fur the first time she had seen him, and in truth she hadn’t seen him much before she had departed. Now he was grown, big, filled in, an adult in his own right. He didn’t feel like a stranger to her, he felt familiar and comforting, like a pillar of support in her life. Strange, but it must be the Rhythm in him. Her Auntie had always been her favourite family member. The person she could talk to when her and Motif had had a fight, which was to say a lot. She felt the pang of pain at the memory of her mother. She was gone, and Shaye was only just beginning to accept that.

At his reminder, she tucked her own ears to her skull, and narrowed her eyes. The stance wasn’t completely familiar to her, but she was able to fall back to it without too much effort. “Alright Rhyme, only one way to really learn, right? Come get some of this fur.” she teased him, lowering her center of gravity but her slightly bent knees, as she looked up at him, claws digging into the earth, ears to her skull, eyes narrowed, her chin still tucked. She was about as ready as she was going to get.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

10-23-2018, 01:41 PM
Shaye didn't hesitate to take every word he uttered and demonstrate the appropriate response. He watched her with a keen eye, using his own advice to find her weak points. "Alright, you asked for it." he grinned as his eyes narrowed and his ears were tucked tightly to his skull. He pulled his lips over his teeth in a silent snarl as he bent his knees and elbows, lowering his center of gravity as he balanced his weight. His hackles raised along his back as he straightened his tail behind him for balance. He tucked his chin to his chest and rolled his shoulders forward. He felt his muscles tense and his claws dig into the ground beneath him. The stance came to him as easily as breathing, having been forced to fight during his slave days he'd learned fast to protect himself.

He shifted his weight slightly to his hind quarters, 40% to the front and 60% to the back as he used his powerful haunches to launch himself into action. He'd attempt to feign left but wanted to change direction almost instantly after. Attempting to veer to his right Rhyme would try to catch Shaye off guard and slam his left shoulder into her left shoulder. As his weight distribution changed he'd want to put his force into his left leg and shoulder for some nasty bruises. 50% of his weight in his front left leg and 25 to each hind leg.

At the same time he would widen his jaws in an attempt to grab hold of her scruff above her shoulder blades and at the base of her neck. He would want to gain control of her movements and draw some blood with his teeth. With his right paw Rhyme tried to claw at Shaye's belly, her left side in the sensitive skin before her hind knee. While he knew he would probably not draw blood the pain might distract her enough for him to find an advantage.

Rhyme v Shaye
Round 1 of ?
For spar

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-23-2018, 02:54 PM
As her cousin fell into his own stance before her, she mentally felt along her body, ensuring her defences where still in place. With her eyes narrowed, ears securely to her skull and her chin lowered, she began to feel a familiarity with holding the stance. Her claws still dug securely into the earth, her knees slightly bent to lower her center of gravity. When Rhyme charge, it was easy to push her weight forward, digging her front claws even further into the earth as her considerable bulk weighted in a forward direction. Her shoulders where hunched forward protectively, and took all of the weight as he collided into her.

She did not flinch or move as he ran towards her, so ultimately his change of direction did not affect her, with both shoulders hunched pushed forward defensively. She felt the impact of her shoulder through her thick coat, She turned the thickest part of her ruff into his bite, allowing him the hold there as her own teeth sought out the softness of his ear. She would aim to dig her teeth into the soft base of his ear

As he lifted his paw, hindering some of his balance, she would drive her weight into her leg leg, pushing her left shoulder into his shoulder joint and shoving with all her might, hoping to drive him completely off balance. A wolf’s claws weren’t their sharpest point of attack, and she let him scrape at the thick fur of her belly, taking the attack in the hopes of unbalancing him.

Shaye v Rhyme
Round 1 of 3
For spar