Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
09-29-2018, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2018, 12:04 AM by Solor.)
Solor had asked her not long ago, what her plans were for the future. She hadn’t been able to give him an answer at the time, only a vague idea of finding their family. He had a feeling she would be able to tell him now, and how it included him. He liked that idea, of being included into her plans. Of course, he couldn’t outright tell her that he had every intention of spending his life wherever she chose to - if that meant within these borders, then so be it.

He had let her work for it, it built character, and all that. Or perhaps he just enjoyed seeing his little sprite worked up. He had left her at the border with her sister, giving the two of them space to work out the new, and huge change in their life. Solor wasn’t certain what Shaye was going to expect out of Vail in the grand scheme of things, but he would take it all in stride.

In the meanwhile, he explored this new territory that Shaye had welcomed them to. He had seen glimpses of Abaven from the distance when he was younger, but had never actually crossed over it. Vail and her family had left the pack, even before her long disappearance. He let his legs walk him past the winding, snaking stream that rolled and fell in slow to quick moving water. He could already tell that Abaven was large, the scent markers stretching out across the distance.

He found a den that Shaye’s scent crisscrossed over many times, but peeking inside he would see that it wasn’t her sleeping area. No fresh bedding or long-standing scents remained. On further investigation, he would see hints that it had once belonged to a healer. Who had the healer in their family been? He couldn’t recall her name. He knew it was music related, but that wasn’t saying much, a lot of their family had musical names.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-30-2018, 04:13 PM
Vail and Shaye discussed many topics after Solor continued on into the pack lands. Her mind had drifted to him easily throughout their talks, making the young she wolf feel guilty about compromising her head space. Shaye should have been her focus, and she was mostly. They were important topics, and Vail did her best to give Shaye the best answers she could come up with. As with any two beings they held different views, but she hoped she offered her sister sound advice.

When they could discuss no more Shaye sent her on her way and slowly Vail found her way back to Solor's trail. She couldn't help the way her lips turned up at the corners as she thought of him. His trail was easy enough to find, she jostled Notch on her back as she picked up her pace. The tiny pink bird flapped his wings in protest, but dug his claws in more. Enough that Vail winced as he grew more comfortable with his perch.

She navigated her way expertly, having only been in Abaven a few hours not stumbling on roots or running into trees seemed an accomplishment. Vail hadn't any need to go much further, Solor's big mostly coal colored form was easy to make out in the still bright sunlight. She didn't worry too much about sunburn, the shade of the canopy above was enough to protect her.

"Solor!" She called out when she knew she had found him, her pace slowing as she approached an old den. It seemed vaguely familiar, but Vail hadn't spent too much time here as a child. "What do you think of... Our new home?"
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
09-30-2018, 04:33 PM
He didn’t go any further into the den, he didn’t want to tread on another person's space. He did however occupy himself by trying to figure out who the absentee-wolf was. The Auntie of Vail’s that had been a healer. Had his sweet Winter Rose every mentioned her name to him? He rolled a few musical words off his tongue, before he gave up. He turned around to find something else to occupy his time with, and came face to face with his name.

He lifted his head a little higher, and saw the white wolf. She took his breath away.
Her confident stroll over the soft grass gave the appearance of gliding. The shades of her coat where highlight by golds and greens as the sunshine shone through the canopy and alighted upon her.

She was, without a doubt. Beautiful.

“Well, I mean, it could use a little work.” he cleared his throat, there had been a catch in his words, and he found himself unable to lift his gaze from the wolf before him. He was starstruck. The promise of youth had blossomed in her, gangly legs and attitude had become lithe grace and confidence. He had been overwhelmed with seeing her again in the cave on the Island, and then he had been beside her the whole walk to Abaven. Now, now he was seeing her with fresh eyes. They weren’t distracted by reunion, and memories. She was here and new before him.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-01-2018, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 02:02 PM by Vail.)
She slowed to a stop before him as her question left her lips. Being able to refer to the both of them as a whole made a shiver go up her spine and butterflies well up in her belly. Pale pink ears lowered to her head as Solor answered, he was not in the wrong. Abaven seemed... Neglected compared to the pack she had been born into. Shaye was very much correct in her assessment, there was much hard work ahead of them.

Vail didn't miss the catch in his voice either, she tilted her head slightly in curiosity. Wondering what he was saying with out saying she found herself somewhat frozen as well. For years she had only interacted with her sister and the old hermit. Not a lot of room to blossom socially. Notch was ever her savior though, his claws dug into her shoulders as he used her as a spring board. The owl took to the air, almost jumping as he transferred himself to Solor's back and did what screech owls do best: screech.

Notch successfully knocked Vail out of her sudden stupor, and he hoped to do the same for Solor. The albino she wolf shook her head to clear it and made quick work of the remaining distance between them. Almost hesitantly she nuzzled into his chest and neck and sat herself between his front legs. Still avoiding the official talk Vail would address what her sister had said first.

"Well, I'm glad I've got you here to help me put in the work." She nibbled at his chin playfully, "Shaye will be busy within and outside the borders to begin with and asked if we would be willing to greet those who call on the border." while Shaye had asked Vail, the younger girl had no problem telling Solor what their responsibilities were. Though she was ignorant to the fact Solor was mostly a bodyguard in the situation. "She also suggested we start an herb garden." at this her voice gained passion, she had tended the garden with Notch's help on the mountain. She loved the job, being able to continue the task with Solor seemed a dream come true.

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
10-01-2018, 02:53 PM
The delicacy of the reds that wove through her coat where like strands of spun dew, subtle and intricate along her body. The faint undertones of reds beneath her white coat could be seen more readily beneath the shorter furs at her feet, and her sightless eyes seemed to find him, regardless of the laws of their abilities. The pale blue of her eyes was like the sea at dusk. He could almost imagine that hints of red and wonderlust bleed into their tones.

There was a uniqueness to her that was matched nowhere else in the worlds he had seen. Even with the brighter, and more colorful wolves that seemed to find their homes in this land. None of them could compete with the subtleties of her coat. None of them were Vail.

He wasn’t sure how long he would have stood there, flabbergasted, if Notch hadn’t intervened. That infernal creature made himself known. Wings flaring upon Vail’s back, for a moment, giving his wolf the appearance of wings. Damn, but wasn’t she a sight.

Then Notch was moving, hopping free of Vail and bouncing onto his own own broad shoulders. He could feel his sharp telons nicking his coat as he found purchase and balance with the help of his flared feathers.

He was glaring at the monstrosity on his back when Vail suddenly pressed her nose into the warmth of his coat. He let out a shuddered breath, moving his own muzzle into place until it rested over the back of her neck, drawing her in close.

“You want me to greet wolves as well?” he asked, taken aback at first at the near-alpha like responsibilities, before he clicked to what Shaye likely desired. Despite Vail’s independence, Solor would not like her to meet strangers alone. His delicate, pretty, blind girl. Shaye must have felt the same way. She wanted Vail to take on the responsibilities, and Solor to watch her back. The darker toned wolf grinned, and blew a kiss into her ear as he walked his mind through her words. “I suppose I can scare away a few interested recruits.” he teased her. He didn’t miss the interest in her voice as she spoke of a garden, and he rolled his shoulders, through that did nothing to dislodge the owl that rested on his back. “Well. Since I don’t hear any strangers calling, how about we start with that one. I don’t know the first thing about gardening, so pretend i’m blind and lead me around by my nose.” he teased her gently. He also didn’t make any notion to move. He liked holding her close to him like this.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-04-2018, 12:41 AM
Relief spread over her shoulders as Notch switched from her to Solor's much broader back. She could almost hear the flinching as the sharp bird took hold of Solor's dark fur. Vail stifled a giggle as she told him of his new assignment. Surely if he did well with her in these endeavors Shaye would become more than willing to give him a higher rank. Not that Vail would ever be ashamed of him for his rank, but she believed he deserved to be higher up the ladder.

He teased her appropriately and she returned the favor by nipping at his chest, a habit she was becoming quite used to. She shook her head as though she took his words seriously. "If you even think about sabotaging my sister's pack.." her voice held a tone she had never taken with him, but mixed in we're the playful tones to let him know she was just returning his sass to him.

He was quick to continue into the subject, the pack's garden. Vail lit up and jumped away from him, ignorant to how much he enjoyed just sitting with her in the moment. She resembled a pup as she spun around to face him with her silky tail wagging behind her.

"So the blind leading the blind hmm?" She kissed his chin playfully, "Well we had best find some seeds. Spring would have been better for planting but there should be plenty of time before the snows start to fall." unaware of what her kiss may have done to him she started to bound away happily. Notch took flight from Solor's back and soon took the lead. Vail followed the sound of his clicking beak, missing all of the trees and roots that barred her path.

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
10-09-2018, 05:49 PM
He pretty much ignored the feathery monstrosity that sat hunched on his back like a deformation to his bulk. He might have saved its life and offered it as a present to Vail many years ago, but he wasn’t going to show his soft heart by admitting he like the sharp-beaked creature.

He took in a sharp breath. “Was that a threat, Little Rose?” he stopped suddenly, flopping on his belly. “Nooo” he wailed, rolling over, forcing Nudge to take to the air or be squashed. “Please, i’m sorry, I take it back!” he wailed, holding up his paws as through to ward off a blow. Barely a second past, and he jumped back to his paws, dusting off the dust like nothing had happened and continuing his stride.

“So” he asked casually. “Where does one find these seeds, and what are you planning to grow?” he wanted to know. Trying not to lose his brew at the kiss she planted easily upon his chin. The pale blue-pink of her eyes seemed to flutter up at him, the sightlessness of her gaze still captivating.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-17-2018, 04:11 PM
Vail tried to ignore him as he put on a show for her threat. He joked just as much as she did, and she almost tackled him while he was on his back. However she was already well on her way towards where ever Notch decided to take them. He was no stranger to gathering seeds and was almost as well versed in useful plants as she was. His eyes were much better suited to finding them while her nose confirmed his finds.

Solor was quick to catch up, and he had questions for her as well. She didn't quite know what to look for first, but she would follow Notch to where he thought was best. "I don't remember what all grows here in Abaven lands, but I'm sure Notch will find something useful for us." while he didn't exactly talk Vail was certain the tiny owl understood every word she said. "Lambs ear is good, though I'm not sure if it seeding now. We may have to dig up whole plants and transplant them to the garden. We should find something for pain, and for stomach aches. Maybe some rare plants too." she babbled a little, obviously in her element. "Oh but we can't take too long, Shaye will be calling a meeting soon."

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
10-23-2018, 05:57 PM
His switch from over dramatic clown to serious herb hunter was an easy change for the good-humoured boy. The kiss on the other hand, was unexpected, and he struggled not to get thrown of his stride at her surprising planting of it.

They had known from the moment they had re-found each other, that they were in love, but.. They hadn’t really said the word, and still stood in the awkward, early stages of their relationship. Which of course meant the boy couldn’t keep the grin off his face at the memory of her feathery lips caressing his cheek. It was a good thing she was blind, or his goofy grin might have given him away.

“i’ll take your word for it” he agreed, tone warm and amendable. He didn’t have much idea what he was looking for, though he knew a couple of important herbs. He had used first aid on himself every once in a while. In fact, he had helped Vail out once when she had stubbed her toe. He pretended to be even more clueless then he really was, to keep her talking about her passion. “You’ll have to describe them in detail to me, or I fear I’ll walk right past them.” he warned her.
“Your alpha-sister is keeping you awfully busy, isn’t she?”

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-24-2018, 04:39 PM
Vail didn't notice what she did to him, of course she kept secret what he did to her. Butterflies welled up in her stomach as she danced away from his form. She wanted to stay focused on the task at hand, but also could have easily curled up into a den with him to enjoy the rest of the day. Shaye needed her to keep on her task though, and she would suppress the other ideas as best she could.

Solor didn't sound like he would be as much help as she hoped finding her quarry, but at least the man knew how to dig. Vail just shook her head at him while following the tiny screech owl's lead. "Hopeless aren't you?" she said with her best joking smile. "Lambs ear is that soft fuzzy leafed plant you use for open wound protection." Surely he would realize what she was talking about. "It's somewhat common, so we should be able to find some relatively easily." she moved her head side to side like she could actually see the forest floor beneath her feet.

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
10-28-2018, 03:04 PM
“Of course, i’m an absolute damsel in distress” he joked as she teased him for being hopeless. She was shaking her head at him, but there was a grin on her lips that he would have played the fool to see again and again. He allowed himself a self-mocking smile. He had it bad for the little blind wolf. He always had, but in the past he had been better able to hide his obsession, still learning what love was. With their years apart, he was loath to let her out of his sights again.

“Lambs ear, I’ll remember that. I’ll need it for my heart once your done with me.” he flicked his tail against her rump, a soft grin on his maw, but his eyes where on the forest floor as well. “Hmm, would this be it?” he asked, nudging a fuzzy plant and drawing her attention to it. He might be playing the fool, but he truly was looking and offering her his help.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-29-2018, 09:45 AM

Notch was not as much help as Vail had hoped, but he was an excellent guide for her half blind self. Solor continued to be his goofy self, exclaiming he was indeed a damsel in distress. Not unlike what she really was to him before they had been separated. She might have made fun of him all day to keep him laughing, giving him a hard time was her favorite pass time it seemed. Other than herbs. Gathering herbs, collecting them for the garden as they did now. Spending the day being productive with him made her happy she realized.

Solor made her happy. That was the long and the short of it, and she knew with out a doubt she was falling deeply in love with him. Pushing the thought from her mind, because honestly the truth of it scared her. She found herself brought back to Solor’s words. He mused over her explenation, and then called out a victory.

Vail wheeled around back to face him over the treasure he had found. Notch returned to her shoulder, and with a confident ‘notch’ he would confirm Solor’s find. Vail found herself grinning widely at the man before her. ”Yes, that would be lambs ear.” She beamed. ”Now we dig it up!”

""  

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
10-30-2018, 06:30 PM
She approved of his find, after, he noted, the bird had hooted. He glanced at the feathery nuisance, but the creature seemed rather adapt at helping Vail with whatever she needed, so he shook his head and returned to the task at hand. There was a small cluster of lambs ear, so he started in on one, and left her to dig at another, knowing she would be able to do so with ease.

Being blind had never been a handicap to the other wolf, even if he had often in the past tried to make her path a little smoother. He grinned at the memory of past antics. The wolf before him now wasn’t nearly as prickly as the one he remembered.

He carefully nosed around the plant, until he had loosened the soil around it enough for him to push it out of the earth, its roots unharmed. “So.. now that I actually have the plant, are we carrying them all back by hand or did you plan ahead and give us a means of transporting them?” his voice was teasing, his eyes already hunting about them for a solution.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-31-2018, 04:31 PM
Vail had to be especially careful with digging up her newfound plants. She couldn't see them very well, but her sense of feel was honed well. Gently she exposed the roots, and with even more care extracted it from the earth with a combination of tooth and claw. 

Solor seemed to finished his task as quickly as she did, and as she deposited her prize at her paws he finally asked how they were going to return with these uprooted plants. 

"I thought your mouth would work perfectly," she gave him a playful glance to go along with her words. "And Notch will carry mine in one talon and hold on with the others." this wasn't the first time Notch and Vail had collected herbs for a garden together. "I do have a place picked out though, it won't be much of a walk. I'm sure you wont get but a little dirt in your mouth." this time she couldn't help the giggle that escaped her.

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
11-03-2018, 06:50 PM
When he glanced over, Vail was set in on her herb gathering as well. She carefully pried loose the roots, even more tenderly than he had, and extracted the plant from the soil without any issue. Admittedly, it was easy to get distracted watching her. There was a lithe grace to everything she did, her petite form held a dancers beauty. She might be blind, but it seemed to hinder her not at all.

A soft breath escaped his lips, and he shook his head in pity at himself. He was a lost cause. Prying himself from the distraction that was Vail, he carefully moved his plant to the side. “So we’ll go back and forth as we find the plants you want?” he questioned her, through his tone hinted that he agreed with the plan. Already he was picking up the plant in his maw, holding it delicately in his lips as he tried to keep it all together. He walked towards her, brushing his tail against her side in a silent acknowledgement that he was ready when she was.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
11-03-2018, 07:03 PM

While Vail was more delicate with her charge Solor was much quicker than she was. The rose colored girl heard him finish up, and as she teased him with her plan he seemed to pick up fast and acknowledge or accept it. She smiled slightly as she picked up her own plant and carefully passed the plant root and all to the white bird on her back.
"For now. I don’t have a container to carry. The hermit had one, the wolf we stayed with so long." She thought about him for the first time in.. longer than she could remember.
"He didn’t let me keep it though. Not that I blame him." She mused mostly to herself, but she knew Solor would never be angry at hearing her thoughts.

""