ardent

Another glorious morning. It makes me sick!

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
10-19-2018, 07:54 PM
Swallow the Sun

The sun had just peeked above the horizon as Ashiel dragged himself to shore. In the distance strange shapes loomed on the horizon, the unnatural dwellings of humans long since broken, left to decay like unholy skeletons upon the earth. The sky was full of clouds that were rimmed in deep red from the morning sun. Ashiel didn't know what he was doing here, well he knew but it sounded stupid. A loner had mentioned a bird matching Griff's description on the island and Ashiel just couldn't pass up the opportunity to investigate. Though what his companion would be doing on a deserted island he had no clue.

Taking a deep breath he shook the chilly water from his pelt and marched into the ruins. When he felt he had arrived at a good spot Ashiel tipped back his head and howled. The sound was strange, it bent and echoed against the strange buildings as it vibrated up into the air. He just hoped Griff really was here.

-- PLEASE NOTE:  Ashiel is an EVIL character and can be prone to acts of swearing, maiming and other violence. --
Consider this your warning.

Dagda

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-20-2018, 10:52 AM
Dagda wasn't usually an early riser. He could be found most days snoring until the sun was at least a quarter way up into the heavens. Since arriving on this creepy island however, he'd never managed to settle for more than a few hours, tops. Perhaps it was the crumbling buildings leftover from humans which unsettled him. They weren't exactly welcoming, with her looming, rotting walls and creaking wood. It was always dank and pitch black inside, and maybe that's what truly set Dagda's fur on edge. The absence of light played tricks on his senses, made him see things that weren't there. Or he hoped they weren't there.

Although Dagda was awake, he was still lying in the long grass he'd bedded down in, eyes following a large bird as it pottered around nearby. It's movements were repetitive, and if it weren't for an odd, disjointed, loud howl, he probably would have fallen back to sleep. The sound had definitely belonged to a wolf, and one he hadn't met before. That wasn't much of a surprise though, as Dagda hadn't met another soul in the past few weeks. Heaving himself to his feet, the hulking male stretched before making his way to the raucous newcomer.

It didn't take him long to find the wolf. He was of similar age to himself with a pelt of pretty earthen tones. He was taller than Dagda, which wasn't common. The loner sauntered over with his head high and a playful smirk on his face.

"Hello, handsome. Would you mind telling me what possessed you to be so loud this morning?" Dagda couldn't resist a petname, and he wasn't lying when he called the wolf handsome. He knew he was a flirt, and had faced the consequences of hitting on the wrong man or woman many a time, but it was in the male's nature.

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
10-25-2018, 08:31 PM
Swallow the Sun

It should have been easy to hear the slightest sound in the quiet but instead Ashiel's ears were filled with the sound of his own heartbeat. Nothing. There was no answering call. Ashiel sighed, his shoulders drooping in disappointment. Maybe Griff really was dead and Ashiel was making a fool of himself looking him. He supposed he should be grateful for small favors though. The nightmares were finally lessening and he hadn't had another frightening vision.

Then he heard the cry, sharp and piercing. He gazed into the sky to see a dark shape diving for him. It swooped over his head, powerful gray wings beating the air as it landed in front of him. "By the mercy of the fallen god, it really is you Griff!" "Ashiel nuzzled the bird and laughed, feeling like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. "It is good to see you as well m'lord! I've been searching the canyon for you. Foolish, I should've realized one of your strength would survive and move onto Risen. We have so much to talk about but first, I have a gift for you. Wait here!" Before Ashiel could speak his companion had taken off into the sky leaving him to sit heavily, giddy with joy at finding his friend still alive.

Lost in his own thoughts Ashiel almost didn't notice the large male until he spoke. Ashiel's head whipped around and he stared at the other man, mouth slightly agape. H-handsome? Heat rushed to Ashiel's cheeks and he felt suddenly embarrassed.

Ashiel cleared his throat and composed himself. "Good morning, stranger. I was calling for my friend, a black-winged kite. We have been reunited so I assure you I won't trouble you again with raucous calling. However, if you don't mind me asking, I wouldn't mind your name. This is a curious place to make a home. Have you lived here long?"

-- PLEASE NOTE:  Ashiel is an EVIL character and can be prone to acts of swearing, maiming and other violence. --

Dagda

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-06-2018, 03:10 PM
His new acquaintance jumped when Dagda spoke, his eyes wide in surprise; he obviously hadn't heard the male approach. He felt a bit bad, it hadn't been his intention to spook him, although the blush and subsequent fight for equanimity did make Dagda's eyes flash in glee.

He stopped a little bit away from the newcomer and sat; he was the image of relaxation with his tail wrapped around his paws, his back straight and a kind smirk on his face. Oh, this guy was quite proper.  Polite and ornate words explained his intentions on this eerie island an questioned Dagda's of his own. It seemed he was under the impression that he lived in this godforsaken place. A shiver ran down his spine.

"I'm glad you found your friend, stranger" he teased. "I think I might have seen your feathered-friend myself, floating about." The medic recalled seeing a hawk wheeling in the crisp air, weaving in-between abandoned building and occupied trees.

"I am glad to declare that I do not call this ghostly island home. I'm simply passing through, on the way to nowhere." he chuckled. "My name's Dagda. What's yours, handsome?"

Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
11-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Treat!

Ashiel gets a treat!

Who would've expected to meet another wolf on such a desolate island? Ashiel surely hadn't! Ashiel will receive an extra +5 Intellect points for meeting Dagda in 4+ rounds each! (+10 Intellect points total)

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
11-17-2018, 08:07 PM
Swallow the Sun

Ashiel watched as the man sat down, he felt a bit more at ease but he didn't join the main. He wished to stay standing. Ashiel spied the shiver at his question as the man confirmed that the island was not his home and he was simply passing through. Though his destination caught Ashiel's intention. He cocked his head to the side. "Nowhere? That doesn't sound like a terribly eventful destination. But then I suppose that by seeking to go nowhere there is the possibility you could end up absolutely anywhere." He chuckled.

The man introduced himself as Dagda. "A pleasure. I'm Ashiel Abraxas. This is my companion Griff." The bird nodded. Ashiel brushed off the handsome comment. It was making him feel some way but he was uncertain how best to sort it out. "Tell me Dagda, which way are you headed? I have some familiarity with Auster if you need a bit of local advice."

Dagda

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-31-2018, 09:26 PM
The healer watched his new acquaintance. He was rather tense, which was to be expected. In retaliation Dagda just made himself looser. Drooping his head to the side, his floppy ear dropping in a way he thought was cute. Grinning at Ashiel's playfully philosophical answer, he replied "I'd never thought of it that way. That make me a bit more hopeful for wherever I wash up." In truth, he'd grown a bit tired of his wandering, but a bit of a fresh perspective from this stranger was nice.

"It's lovely to meet you Ashiel Abraxas. And you Griff." He nodded his head to each of them in turn. It must be nice to have a companion, he mused. He hadn't met a wolf with a feathered friend since he left home, in fact! At his offer of directions Dagda gave the male a warm smile. This was turning out to be a pleasant encounter indeed! Even if the setting was creepy enough to cool his blood. "That's lovely of you to offer, Ashiel, and if I knew myself where I was going I would take you up on that..." He paused, then had an idea. "Where would you recommend I roam to next?"

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
12-31-2018, 10:37 PM
You Wash Your Hands, You Come Home Clean...

Ashiel's eyes fixated for a moment on the droopy ear, but his assessment was strictly clinical. He'd never seen a wolf's ears droop like that. Was it the result of some battle injury perhaps? Could the fibers and nerves be damaged in such a way? He was amused that Dagda found his advice hopeful. He supposed in some ways it was, though Ashiel could never see himself wandering anywhere with no destination and no plan. That was more his mother's game. It was expected, even tolerated to some degree in her case. She was in many ways a matriarch of the family but her willingness to wander. To be there one moment and gone the next had always bothered him, more so the older he got.

Ashiel's eyes rolled gently skyward as he mulled over Dagda's question. Where would be a good place to roam next? "Well, if you swim straight east of here you'll hit the Hermit's Cove. Keep heading east and you will run into some truly fantastic sights, namely Fossil Ridge. It's a land full of the bones and remains of various monsters, according to my mother at least. She is known some times to embellish her stories. Keep going and you'll hit the Shimmering Shore. It's a beach that runs along the west coast of Auster. At night you can see the ocean begin to glow. You may even meet a spirit there."

"Talk"

Words: 265