size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
10-22-2018, 05:52 PM
She had spoken to Vail and Rhyme, and together the three of them where going to each host a training session in Abaven. Covering the basic duties of Hunter, Healer and, Fighter. She knew Abaven had been sorely lacking for training, and it was something she had been considering since the main meeting she had thrown for the older members of Abaven.

Leaving Vail to cover healing, and Rhyme to teach fighting, she knew that left her to lead them in an instructional hunt. She had mapped out the herds a while back, and had spent the earliest hours of the morning confirming their whereabouts as she planned this training exercise.

She would begin them in the Monument Rapids and lead them to the Sunset falls, where a herd of deer grazzed between there and redbud Nook. She had covered all her bases, ensured that Vail and Rhyme would do their training on different days, giving her members a chance to explore every option of training they wished to learn.

She sat on a boulder in Monument Rapids, and raised her head to the light breeze, letting loose a gentle song that grew in the warm summer air, spiraling across Abaven territory, and carrying with it her message. A training hunt! To teach wolves that wished to learn how to trach and hunt, or simply to come along and participate in the pack hunt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
10-30-2018, 06:02 PM
Rhyme was certainly not the best hunter the pack had, he had rudimentary skills in tracking and stealth but killing he knew well. He appeared mostly out of a feeling of duty to Shaye, but he knew he'd be better off with a brush up on his skill. Besides, hunting seemed like a great bonding experience. The pack was supposed to be a team, and what better way to strengthen that bond than a cooperative hunt?

Dark paws carried him to Shaye's voice as she welcomed the pack to her side. He nodded in greeting to Shaye as he realized he had appeared first, odd since he had taken his time in getting their. However appropriate considering his rank. He shook himself and let a soft smile creep over his features as he took up a position near Shaye's form. She was leading this shindig, and he was very much interested to see her in a high stakes high energy scenario.

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
10-30-2018, 06:23 PM

Solor

He fully understood that he would be turning up for the healing training hosted by Vail, how could he not? But the other two options where more of a hesitant suggestion to the boy. He knew he should turn up to a couple of them as a show of support for this pack he had decided to join. He knew Vail would likely live the rest of her life here, and that meant he would be as well. He had to start thinking about his future, and what that meant past ‘stay with Vail’

So he would turn up to the hunting training, knowing he would find it an easier course then the fighting. He would be the third to arrive, and he would nod his head politely, first to Shaye, and then to Rhyme. He hadn’t spoken much to the newer wolf, but knew he was related to the sisters. “I believe congrats are in order?” he murmured, Vail have spilled the proverbial bag on his new rise within the pack.

Other then that, he would fall in quietly, and wait for the hunt to start.

Allegro

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Samhain 20221K
10-30-2018, 07:36 PM

He always had room for improvement. He had lessons from his parents, but he felt his skills still lacked the essentials. He had enough to get himself by, but hunting much larger game and learning to work with others was a totally different type of skill. It was something he had kept in mind as he settled into the pack. The first couple of days were spent creating his own den, with his own paws. It felt good to be able to do some hard labor for once and have something that was his, not a den that he was one of many occupants. After digging and shaping he had brought in temporary bedding of moss and grasses. They would be replaced by pelts as he got them.

Today his plans were to start getting more familiar with the pack lands, but a howl from Shaye pulled his attention away from his task at hand. Her message was clear and the young male grinned. This was a perfect opportunity to learn to better himself and he wasn't going to miss it. He headed off with an excited bounce and did his best to get there as quick as he could.

When he arrived two other males had beat him there, the one he recognized from the day on the battlefield, when Allegro answered Shaye's call for new members. The second male was older and he hadn't met him yet. Shaye sat facing them, another familiar face. He nodded a quiet greeting to all three before taking his seat and waiting for things to begin.

"Allegro Talk", & 'Allegro Think"

Rhea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Monster
11-01-2018, 02:57 AM
Seeing new faces and actually hearing activity in the he pack was a rather shocking difference from her quiet puphood. It was going to take more getting used to before Rhea could consider this newfound activity anything but strange. It was good she supposed, though she still didn't personally know many of the new members and had found herself to be a bit too nervous to try and take the initiative of going out and introducing herself.

Shed been a good ways off from the den, nearby but not close enough to be seen. Knowing that her mother was not doing well and that things were off for everyone was upsetting. Rhea didn't really know what to do with the feelings it all gave her so sometimes she just went off to spend some time alone. Her quiet reflection time was cut short though by the summoning howl.

The new alpha, shaye. She was calling them together for training. After a moment of hesitation, Rhea picked herself up and trotted to the place where the others were already gathering, sitting quietly off to the side to see if maybe this was a training activity she'd enjoy.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
11-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Four wolves would attend her hunter training, which was a decent showing considering wolves need to attend three separate trainings, and she was not informing them to attend all of them. She wanted them to step into one's they were comfortable with, and give her a chance to see their abilities and find wolves to raise up in the ranks.

Rhyme she expected to see at every training, and he appeared with an easy lope, and she would not to him as Solor appeared. She hadn’t expected the latter wolf to attend anything but the healer training, so she gave him a grateful smile. Allegro was definitely a face she expected to see here, her newest hunter in the pack. She had a feeling he would go a long way, already knowing exactly what path he wanted to take in Abaven - that of a hunter. She gave her tail a little sweep behind her, showing her pleasure to him as he sat before her.

Next was Rhea, a quiet young wolf that Shaye hadn’t had a chance to spend any time with yet. She would spare a grateful nod to her as well, before bringing the meeting to a start. “Thank you all for coming. As you all know, I’m Shaye Destruction, the new Alpha here. I’m pleased to bring some new opportunities to the wolves here, a chance to rise within the pack, learn new skills, and just have some fun.” she flashed a grin to them all, her tail swishing against the ground behind her. “To begin, let’s make our way to the herd spots, near to Sunset Falls.” with that, she would usher the group from the pack lands and into the bordering territory. “First one to catch the scent of the herd gets to play chaser.” she said with a laugh, before laying out her plan. “We’ll make our way around the herd, and line up our main group in the underbrush in teams of two. The final wolf will startle the herd and sheppard them towards us. As they approach, the teams will pick a target to take down, one target for each team. Any questions?” she would ask they walked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
11-07-2018, 10:25 AM

Rhyme watched as more wolves appeared for Shaye’s training, he paid attention to the gathering beings. Solor being the only other wolves he recognized, but it was no matter. They would work as a team and he’d learn about them in some subtle ways. Rhyme listened as Shaye eventually began, giving out her orders and plan like she had been training wolves her whole life. Rhyme expected to linger behind with Shaye and allow some of the more skilled hunters out in front. He was more than happy to make the kill shot.
He walked along beside her, finding no question in her plan as they started towards their quarry. He would also be more than happy to be the herder, to startle the animals into awaiting ambush. However he would do his best to fill in where he was needed to most, which if he was luck would not be the one to scent the animals out. He looked to his fellow alpha, ready to follow after the other gathered wolves.

""

Rhea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Monster
11-19-2018, 02:12 PM
Rhea sat, legs held in close to her body, eyes wide and large ears fixed on Shaye as she began to speak. It was really weird to be in a group where she didn't really know anybody super well. It was... good though, right? Cause she should really try to make some friends and meet more wolves and stuff. Still, usually she had one of her brothers sitting by her when they were at meeting type things. Not having someone to lean against had her feeling suddenly conspicuous.

Shaye outlined her plan for the hunt, explaining how they'd split up and arrange themselves. It seemed like a good plan, but she couldn't really comment one way or the other. "I, uhm, I've never been on a big hunt before," she mumbled, quietly enough that she probably wasn't even heard. Following along after the others, she kept her nose to the wind for any scents of prey though the girl was pretty confident that she wouldn't be the first one to find something.

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
11-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Solor followed after Shaye, thinking of the differences between Shaye’s hunt, and Vail’s teaching methods. Vail liked to talk people through everything, it seemed Shaye was more likely to drag people into action and let them learn from experience. Even as he was considering that, and Shye’s words, a young wolf who he happened to be strolling near would comment softly on the big hunt. Solor gave her an affable smile and leaned a little closer. “If you like, you can stick with me and i’ll walk you through anything your not sure about.” he offered quietly, flicking an ear as Shaye spoke about finding a scent.

He didn’t know many of the wolves in this pack, and wasn’t totally sure who she was, but he wouldn’t leave her unsure, regardless, especially when she seemed to be the only original member of Abaven here at the hunt. She was a lot more surrounded by strangers then he was, that was for sure.

Allegro

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Samhain 20221K
11-26-2018, 09:26 PM

He listened as Shaye explained, getting more excited for things to start. He knew he had to keep himself calm and focused, something he learned very early when he began hunting. She did give a bit of a challenge, the first one to catch the herds scent would be the chaser. It made him grin, knowing that chasing happened to be the best part. Often enough he would track down prey just to chase them for fun, but also giving his own self a good work out. There was plenty of other wolves here so there was a good chance one of them would beat him, but that didn't mean he still would not try.

When Shaye led the way he fallowed and immediately his head was to the ground as he went, taking in the scents as they moved. He was focused and was putting himself to work even before they reached the falls. He had no questions about the plans and continued to fallow Shaye's lead. When they reached the falls he caught deer scent, both older and newer and moved around for a while before he landed on the more hotter trail. Stopping dead in his tracks he lifted his head.

"Hey! Over here, this is the hottest one," he carefully called out, not wanting to spook the prey.

"Allegro Talk", & 'Allegro Think"