Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-23-2018, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2018, 04:37 PM by Vail.)
Notch clicked nervously at the entrance of Vail and Solor's den, the first bits of light were beginning to filter through the opening of the deep cave. The dainty albino girl found her sleep disturbed and wasn't about to get back to it. She sighed heavily as she pushed herself to her feet, nuzzling Solor softly while she was at it. The feel of his soft fur on her face made her smile and suddenly the morning became much more bearable. Today was the day. She held a bit of nervousness in her belly, for today was the first time she would call a meeting together.

Shaye had asked her a few days ago, after deciding she wasn't quite the right fit for co-alpha, that she would take over healer duties. The previous healer was no longer with them and Vail was much more comfortable taking up that mantle. That didn't mean she wasn't still nervous. They'd lived with a hermit for years and she was far from a proficient public speaker, but she felt like she was experienced enough to lead Abaven in healing techniques.

After nuzzling Solor, not sure if he wished to attend, she would slip out of the den and into the new morning. Notch was quick to take his place on her shoulders as she was learning the twisting paths of the parklands quickly. She carried him to the clearing where she and Solor had placed the beginnings of their garden. A few plants were already planted and slowly recovering from transplant and some of her seeds were beginning to appear above the ground. She had meticulously cleared the area of weeds, and now only plants she wished to grow would be here.

With another deep breath Vail steeled herself for the meeting to come. She wasn't even sure how many might be interested in her simple lesson but she would try anyway. When she felt ready the rose she wolf tilted her head back and called for those who wished to learn.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
10-23-2018, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 02:41 PM by Spider.)
Spider hadn’t quite settled into Abaven, and true to his nature, hadn’t gone out of his way to meet anyone or to get to know his fellow packmates. He had never quite liked the idea of joining a pack, and had always been far more comfortable in small groups or just following someone who was stronger than himself, not that it was particularly hard to accomplish that. He watched the horizon as he listened to a howl, summoning any healers that might be willing, and Spider felt a sense of dread creep up his spine. He had always loved healing, and it was just about the only thing he could claim to have any success in, but what would his supposed packmates think when they saw him? The stuttering, cowardly Spider who could barely find the will to leave his den most days.

For a moment he wavered on returning to his den and simply ignoring the call, but the dark woman with the sapphire eyes had been so kind to him, it made his heart clench just to think that he would disappoint her by refusing to do the one thing he had offered her in exchange for the comfort and unity of a pack.

“You’ll just fuck it up as usual.” Toad snarled in his mind, forcing him to close his eyes against his phantom brother’s assault. No. He determined for himself, he would not betray Shaye, and that was final.

With a stiff breath Spider set out to meet the strange woman who had called for him, and was momentarily startled to find that he was the first to arrive. "G-g-g-greetings." He all but whispered to the woman, keeping his head lowered as he took a seat in front of her and eyed the owl warily.

Spider speaking   You Speaking Toad's voice

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
10-24-2018, 04:36 PM
Rhyme heard his little cousin's call as he made his way over the territory. Vail seemed as opposite of Shaye as she could possibly get, though both of them had a passion for helping those in need. An admirable trait in his eyes, but unlike the two she wolves he had a limit. His mother was like that too, ready to set herself on fire to keep those who needed it warm. Rhyme enjoyed the healing arts, being able to take care of himself was a skill every fighter needed. Rhyme hoped he might see some of his fledgling warriors here.

He made his way to where Vail sat patiently waiting, with only one to appear before he did. Spider, he assumed, with how much he coward before the most unassuming of wolves the pack held. Shaye had mentioned him and his quirk briefly, and while she was allowed to coddle him all she wanted Rhyme would not. Of course he wasn't about to try and undo any of the work Shaye had put into him either so he did what he thought was best and ignored him.

Other than his mother Rhyme was not an incredibly affectionate wolf, so he refrained from any nuzzling as he sat down next to his pale pink cousin. "Vail, I'm sure you have an interesting lesson planned today? I don't suppose I'll see you at fight training?" he asked with amusement in his eye despite the fact she probably wouldn't see it he had no doubt she would hear it.

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
10-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Solor was slow to rise, feeling the faint brush of a touch against his cheek, pulling him, almost, from sleep, before he went back under again. He awoke a short time later, finding that he was alone. He shot to his paws in surprise. Wasn’t today the day Vail called for a healers meeting? He hurried to the patch of earth Vail had chosen for her garden, even as a howl split the air. That was her now, summoning wolves to her side.

He had wanted to be the first to arrive, to sit on the sidelines and cheer her on. Of course, she would also realise he knew a little more about herbs then he let on. She would know that regardless, considering he hadn’t been totally useless at helping her plant them.

He had just enjoyed hearing the passion in her tones, her voice raising as she spoke in delight of the herbs around them. This was something she was good at, something she could do better than that bossy Alpha-Sister of hers, and Solor just wanted to hear her talk.

He wasn’t the first to arrive. A meek wolf cringed with a lowered head in front of Vail. now, that was a surprising sight. What wolf would flinch away from the sweet little healer who sat 5” shorter than them, blind, and excluding nothing but sweetness. Solor shook his head in curiosity, and took a seat before Vail. He was in time to hear the words of the dark wolf who already sat beside his girl. He glanced at him, seeing the pattern of a Destruction wolf in the markings beneath his eyes. “You mean you didn’t plan your fight training before the healer one, so we would have some wolves to practice on?” he joked

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
10-27-2018, 03:23 PM
There were already a few wolves in attendance when Shaye arrived. She had been running the border of the pack, scenting the combined, entwined markings of Rhyme and herself along their length. It was clear Rhyme had already put his foot forward in his new duties, and she grinned at every reminder that she had him by her side. The scent of wolves was getting stronger within Abaven, and she knew that she was getting somewhere. It was slow progress, every step something she had to work for, but she would see Abaven thriving and active if it was the last thing she did.

She sat beside Spider, nodding at Solor who sat on the timid wolf’s other side, but his eyes where only for the healer before them. Shaye smirked at that, having great fun in teasing her beloved sister in her newfound relationship.

She gave Rhyme a pleased nod, seeing how he had already arrived. She was claiming these training lessons where mandatory, but would accept it so long as a wolf arrived to at least one of them. Still, it was good to see Rhyme arriving to the healer one as well as hosting the fighting lesson. She would attend all lessons herself, setting an example to the wolves within her pack.

She leaned a little towards Spider, though she still gave him plenty of space. “This is the garden Vail made, but it would be good to see a few more cropping up around Abaven. If you decide to make one yourself, let me know, and i’ll give you a hand.” she murmured quietly to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Arpeggio

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
10-30-2018, 12:13 PM

Peggy had returned to the pack lands from a brief exploratory trip some days ago and hadn't yet done much but feed herself and relax, so when the call came for training from a stranger's voice she popped up from her den both intrigued and wary. She almost swung by to pick up Cor on the way before she remembered that the call had been for healers, and as far as she knew he wasn't interested in healing. She didn't want to drag her cousin to training that would just bore him. So she was alone when she rolled up to the meeting spot to find it full of strangers.

Not that she didn't recognize Shaye, or the tall dark male and the small albino female who'd been at the first meeting she'd called, but she didn't really know any of them, and even less the two other strangers. Not a single one of Abaven's original members was there and her steps faltered slightly as she cast her thoughts about to recall if there was anyone else who'd been interested in healing, but she didn't particularly think so. Just old Kassander, and he'd vanished before Sparrow died.

She wasn't a particularly timid sort of person though, so despite the misstep she firmed her resolve and confidently continued her march right up to the rest of the group to resolutely plop herself down on her haunches with her head and ears high. Her mismatched eyes drifted over the assembled, decided that what with the way they were all kind of centered around the small albino woman she was probably the one who'd called the meeting, so she fixed her gaze on the albino with a confident, almost jaunty air.

""

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-31-2018, 07:25 PM
Ooc- late peeps are welcome to join in, also let's say give this another week for round 2?

Vail finished her call and waited, with Notch clicking quietly on her shoulder. Her waiting would come to an end with the arrival of the first wolf. She was unable to judge by appearances, but his voice clued her in slightly to who he was. Vail smiled easily in his direction, he seemed less than confident as he sat before her. "Hello," she said back softly before the next arrival appeared before her. 

Rhyme, her cousin who graciously took her place as second alpha. He made his way cooly to her side, seemingly not even seeing the wolf who appeared before he had. She found it kind of odd but tried to focus on his questions. "Very interesting, and I may stop in." She hadn't really thought about fight training. 

Solor was quick to appear, and all thoughts Rhyme had put into her head disappeared. She beamed as he came before her, and she resisted the urge to show him her affection. This was a professional setting and even though he joked she has to keep herself all business. 
"First we have to make sure everyone is competent enough to keep you alive when someone rips you open." She teased Solor as he seated himself. 

Vail smiled as Shaye came to sit next to the first wolf who arrived. She have her sister a smile as well, but she only had words for the man who greeted he with a stutter. 

With what Vail thought would be the last to arrive she gave a slight nod and simple smile as she sat before her. The light was bright enough Vail could see the shapes of those assembled but not their expressions. With a deep breath she straightened her back and decided to get to work.

"Welcome, everyone." She put on her most confident voice and tried to meet everyone's gaze to the best of her ability. "My name is Vail, Shaye's younger sister." She gave her name and connection to the wolf they were most likely to recognize. "I appreciate all of you coming, and I would appreciate your name if we haven't met yet." She paused to wait for an answer from the two she was unfamiliar with. "Thank you, now to get to our lesson I'll start with our simple garden over here." she gestured to the little garden a ways off from where they sat. "I've only gathered a few of the most common herbs, excluding dandelion because it's everywhere." she smiled in amusement because she knew they were almost all sitting on some dandelion at that exact moment. "Alfalfa, cannabis, lambs ear, marigold, and Valerian." She looked back to those gathered, "Are any of you unfamiliar with any of these herbs?"

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
11-02-2018, 09:34 AM

Spider lifted his head as Shaye approached him and cautioned a glance at her as she explained the healer’s garden. It would be a welcome change from his usual routine of gathering herbs and then dropping them whenever he lost interest in them; but that was partially remedied by having a pack to bring the herbs to and a den of his own where he could store them.

He had gotten so wrapped up in his own thoughts he didn’t realize the healer had been watching him, expecting him to give his name. He felt an icy chill of anxiety run through him before he managed to stutteringly utter: “S-S-Spider.” If anyone else spoke their name he didn’t hear them, his own thoughts focused on picking apart the cadence and volume he had used when he gave his name.

The woman directed the group to her garden and Spider felt a tight heat form in the pit of his stomach as he recalled his last encounter with cannabis. He remembered the black god he had met in the garden; the dazed floating sensation the herb gave him, and his own lowered inhibitions that allowed the god to groom him. He closed his eyes tightly on the memory; he had panicked as he always did and ran away leaving him with yet another memory tainted with regret. He shifted as the woman asked if any of them were familiar with any of the herbs, but remained silent, far too embarrassed with himself to share what little knowledge he had of the plant.

"Talk" You   Toad

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

11-03-2018, 09:20 AM
Rhyme wasn't expecting Vail to appear at his warrior training to be honest, but her answer was rather open ended. He didn't have a chance to dive in further as Solor appeared an made comment about fight training as well. He made a good point, but so did Vail as she retorted. He smiled at Shaye as she acknowledged his presence, though if she was surprised she shouldn't have been. Rhythm gave him a passion for healing and his father the skill in fighting. 

Only one more wolf appeared before Vail began her lesson. His periwinkle and lavender gaze were brought back to her rosey form as she started. She knew his name already but he stated, "Rhyme," for the others benefit. They were pack mates after all, and he wasn't being a very good mate if he didn't even know the wolves names. She was quick to point out the garden beyond, and he felt ashamed to admit he didn't know what all was gathered within. Lambs ear and cannabis were familiar to him. He used the former to patch up many of his scrapes and the latter was used more than recreationally within the slaver pack. He had used marigold on bug bites before but alfalfa and valerian were somewhat foreign. 

"I can use all but alfalfa and valerian appropriately." He mentioned, not ashamed to not know. He had focused much of his knowledge on healing his own wounds for years, not having branched out since he was a younger wolf.

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
11-03-2018, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018, 07:01 PM by Solor.)
“Ah! The good o’l ‘keeping you alive’ trick. Good plan” he agreed, his eyes dancing as they watched her, but even he could see that she was trying to keep things professional. He let himself fall quiet, and would join in where necessary. Mostly, he was just here to see Vail opening up about her passion.

She would request the names of the wolves, and since he wasn’t familiar with a lot of those gathered here - ok, so he had been a little wrapped up in his time with Vail - and he would glance around him as two names where spoken. He knew Rhyme, but Spider was a new one to him. His brow furrowed at the strange mannerism of the wolf. “I’m Solor Memoire” he introduced himself, namely to the two wolves who where strangers to him.

Next, she would ask if everyone knew what the herbs where for. Since he had helped her gather every herb in her garden, and had already questioned her about most of them, he kept his trap shut.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

11-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Shaye was pleased to see one of the original wolves making it to the meeting. She spared a glance to Arpeggio, smiling at the wolf. There was time for little else before Vail was bringing the meeting to a start. She began with some of the pleasantries of introduction, naming herself as Shaye’s sister, to the older girls amusement. She nodded encouragement to Vail, knowing she would be able to see the motion in the bright light of day.

A few names rang out in the break Vail gave them, all of which where already familiar to the Alpha. Even Spider managed to speak up despite the crowd, to her approval.

She caught the tail end of the Fighter training conversation, especially Solor’s snarky comment. ”That’s the general hope here.” she murmured back, under her breath so not to disturb the meeting.

Vail would mention the names of some herbs, and as a wolf who had trained as a healer when she was younger, she knew them all by name at least. Of course, she wanted to encourage questions and enquiries, and picked on the one she knew the least about. “That would be Cannabis for me”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
11-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Ooc- I'd like to finish up with round 4 in a week so if we could get everybody in again by the 15th! <3

IC-
Vail listened as the wolves offered their names and a couple let her know what they were not as familiar with. Solor was aware of them all, she had explained all she knew about them while they were being gathered by the both o them. She found it no surprise he remained silent. Spider let her know his name, but did not mention if he was unfamiliar with anything in her garden. Rhyme wasn't sure of the herbs that were not as commonly used in closing up battle wounds. And her sister mentioned cannabis, also not a huge surprise as some wolves didn't even consider it having medical value. 

She nodded as she took in their weak areas and prepared to enlighten all of them on those particular herbs. "Alfalfa is good to be ingested when your patient needs to gain weight. Also, when added to water the concoction can be ingested and applied to joints suffering from arthritis." A good remedy for the older wolves of the pack. Maybe on a trip to visit her aunt she might bring some along. "Valerian also has a good few uses, it can ease coughs, cramps, a headache, and even help when your patient experiences insomnia." She explained for Rhyme, and anyone else's benefit. Sometimes not all of the uses would be known. 

"Cannabis can be a little tricky," she returned her attention to her sister. "It's medicinal uses are contested but it is also a good appetite stimulant, can ease chronic pain, and in an anti-depressant. However, it's side effects can make your patient rather paranoid. It's rumored to have hallucinogenic properties, so best be careful with its administration."

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
11-14-2018, 11:36 AM

He listened intently although he already had a fair idea of the uses each plant possessed. The others spoke and Spider was sorely tempted to follow suit, but every time he opened his mouth he felt himself recoil in fear of saying something incorrect or making a fool of himself. Nervously he dipped his head toward one of his paws and began to chew on the already rough and uneven tips. When the pale woman began to speak of cannabis his anxiety only grew, a nervous tremor climbing up the length of his spine. The paranoia the plant induced was particularly well known to the dusty wolf as he recalled the sudden and abrupt panic that had driven him away from the black god and the hours he spent trying to shake the weightless and delirious state the herb had put him in.

"Talk" You   Toad

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

11-14-2018, 02:26 PM
Rhyme listened to Vail as she explained everything that had been mentioned, he listened closely to the points he was not familiar with and stored the information to memory. These were rather common plants and knowing their uses could come in handy at the most unexpected of times. What really caught his attention was the wolf Spider and his reaction as she spoke of the recreationally used cannabis. He couldn't bring himself to interrupt but he did try to catch Shaye's eye and bring subtle attention to the nervous man. If anyone could help him it would be his cousin. 

He shifted a bit in his seat, his mind suddenly occupied by the man. Rhyme thought him weak in his nervous habits and inability to show confidence within the group. He felt a bit of his father showing through in his judgement of his pack ate and did his best to suppress the feeling. Shaye had welcomed him here and Rhyme would not contradict her. He couldn't get Valentine's words out of his head though. He shook himself visibly before giving Vail his concentration again, trying not to wonder about Spider's future.

Arpeggio

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
11-17-2018, 09:18 AM
As the rest of the group introduced themselves, Arpeggio still hung back warily, watchfully. She didn't know any of them, really, and knowing their names didn't change that. So she stayed quiet. The pale woman who'd called the meeting began by asking who knew any of the herbs. A few of the wolves spoke up, so she went on to describe them. She recognized a couple from her training with her mother, so when she heard the explanations, she frowned, and decided to speak up.

"Alfalfa's got a lot more uses," she spoke up quietly from the back. "It's really important as a diuretic and for stimulating milk production. But it can be dangerous to give to someone who's pregnant because it can cause contractions." Harmony had always tried to make certain to teach her when not to use an herb, when it would do more harm than good and when it was outright dangerous. Her mother had always taken the healer's oath quite seriously, and the idea of accidentally causing harm through neglecting to properly learn the dangers of the herbs she used would have been abhorrent to her.

She'd never taught Peggy about the last herb Vail spoke of, and again Peggy felt compelled to speak up. "Why use it at all if it has the potential to be so dangerous?" she asked. "What makes it worth using it instead of something without the paranoia and hallucinations?" She'd said they were commonly used herbs that she was teaching them, but she couldn't imagine something having the side effects as bad as she'd described being used so commonly.

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
11-17-2018, 02:21 PM
Solor sat quietly, and watched Vail as she spoke passionately about the herbs before her. It was clear that healing was her calling. On their first meeting, when she had been a sweet, clumsy spitfire she hadn’t yet discovered her love for it. He remembered her seeking out herbs in an old healers den for her father when he had been sick. Perhaps that had been the first hint of the future she would want.

Then, of course, she had spent those years with a hermit healer, and had learned a great deal about healing. The overdose had, from what he understood, had opposing effects on the two sisters. Shaye had grown away from healing, and Vail had gravitated towards it.

He pulled himself away from those thoughts, and listened as Vail spoke of the herbs in front of her. She had already told him much the same when they had picked the herbs together for her garden, but he listened closely regardless. Her soft voice was soothing, and the hint of warmth in the tones was simply lovely. It was clear that he had half forgotten others had attended this meeting. His eyes where only for Vail.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

11-17-2018, 02:29 PM
Shaye knew a lot of what her sister was saying already. They had shared the same mentor for years, but Shaye had only let herself be taken in by the basics. Vail had learned instead with a passion, and it showed in her excellent memory of the herbs. Her sister would touch on Cannabis, explaining how it could be medicinal but also unsafe. Shaye nodded her thanks, she had known some of that already. Mostly the side effects, and less of the medical side, surprisingly enough.

It was about this time that Rhyme caught her eye and indicated towards Spider. Having him next to her and Vail before her, she hadn’t seen from the corner of her eyes that the man hadn’t been doing well. She gave a short, silent nod to Rhyme. Shaye shuffled a little closer to Spider, nudging him gently with ehr shoulder to try and catch his eye, and if he looked up at her she would mouth “We can get through it together to the nervous boy.

She heard Peggio speak up, adding a little more to the knowledge already spoken, and expressing her opinion. Shaye smiled. Running a pack where she believed every voice mattered, she wasn’t worried about clashing of opinions, and was curious what Vail would say in return.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
11-17-2018, 08:50 PM
Perked rosy ears caught the younger member's words, but she couldn't put a name to the face. Vail tilted her head as she listened, surprised that she hadn't known the information offered, but more than happy to accept it. "I don't think I caught your name.." She mentioned first, not wanting to be rude. Vail couldn't just call the voice "hey you" the whole rest of the lesson. "I'm somewhat surprised to say that even I get to learn something from this meeting." She smiled as she took the knowledge an stored it away for later use.

The woman continued, mentioning cannabis then. Curious about even using it at all if it had such side effects. "Cannabis is a rather common herb to come by, it can be used in a pinch. You need to really know a patient you administer it to, you said you wouldn't give alfalfa to a pregnant woman don't give cannabis to a naturally paranoid patient. Most of the time it will just make them hungry and sleepy, and if you misjudge, the effects usually only last a couple of hours." in Vail's mind the plant was rather harmless, she had never experienced long term effects that her patients couldn't handle.

With her ears erect she served her head around the group, "Thank you for your input," she smiled pleasantly at their guest speaker. "Does anyone else have questions?" Eventually she wanted to collect more herbs, and potentially cultivate some that we're more rare. She hoped Solor would be up for all the looking she planned to do.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
11-21-2018, 11:26 AM

Warily he raised his speckled eyes toward Shaye as she nudged him and he found himself calmed. Although he remained on his belly he lifted his head slightly to address the pale woman.

“Cannabis is better when it’s dried.” He squeaked, recalling what the black god had told him.

“Swallowing it can enhance the effects, but keeping it pressed against your gums will administer a dose that isn’t too potent.” He spoke, fully unaware that he hadn’t stuttered once, far too focused on sharing his knowledge with the gathered wolves and glancing at Shaye for her approval.

“Doing that will make them thirsty though, but it’s less likely to cause a panic attack.” He paused then “Offering a distraction will also help them. The attacks usually come from overthinking.” He smiled unsurely, only to have it fade away again in an instant.

“That wasn’t a question stupid!” His brother roared in his mind, causing the wolf to flinch bodily and close his eyes. “S-s-s-sorry.” He sputtered, his eyes still squeezed shut against the embarrassment that was beginning to wash over him.

"Talk" You   Toad

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

11-26-2018, 07:22 PM

Rhyme’s ears swiveled as he enjoyed the back and forth dialogue happening in Vail’s meeting. He didn’t really remember her from his youngest years but had known her as rather soft spoken and he was sure much like the hermit she had studied under. Ready to keep to herself but.. almost personable in groups. What he found more endearing was watching Shaye offer support and Spider offer his own knowledge. His words were even, and spoke with as much confidence as he’d displayed yet. He aimed an impressed smile at Shaye.

He couldn’t say this meeting had been anything less than a success. Vail was stepping into a teacher’s role, and the attendees participated readily. Much like trading blows in fight training, but potentially more important when it came to their lives.

Spider seemed to change after his input, he shrunk and began his stutter again. Rhyme couldn’t miss the change back, but he had seen progress.
""