An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
10-29-2018, 02:16 AM
She trotted quietly through the plains, along the edge of the moorland, pondering over the day’s activities. Patrol, check the walls for any loosening stones while she was at it, patrol some more… And while she was at it, she considered her growing ideas of customs for the pack. While she intended to start most of them at the time she made the full changes, why not enact some of the less… festive ideas early?

She mulled over one particular idea as she spent the next several hours patrolling, before she padded inland from the border to settle in a grove that sat right on the border of the Plains and the Moor, howling to the sky to invite the pack to join her.

It wasn’t a mandatory call, though if they all showed up, she’d be pleased, since she wanted to share the idea with them as a whole.

Settling on her haunches, she looked around, considering. She should have caught some hares or something. Snacks would be a part of this custom, for certain.

-

-

-

OOC [Arright, guys and gals, this is gonna be our first “Story Time” thread. This custom is not mandatory, and all members are welcome to join in. There will also not be any major deadlines or posting orders in place. This is a relaxed, fun thing! In fact, lemme c/p the custom as I have it written in my wip Doc:

“Storytime:

Twice a month, the pack gathers, not for a meeting, but to settle in together with metaphorical popcorn (read deer legs, bison haunches and bunny cuts) to share stories about anything in particular, from legends they grew up with as a puppy, real history, or just stories about something funny that happened the other day. Doesn’t matter what the subject is.

The purpose is to bring the pack together without any formalities, to get to know one another, and probably laugh at a few funny tales. There will be no mandatory call from the Alpha to gather the pack beyond the first set up – instead, a schedule will be announced, for all to keep in mind.

The Storytime gathering is semi-optional—you are highly encouraged to join in but won’t be penalized if you don’t.”

PS, I am so very sorry for how spotty and absent I’ve been lately. Mom’s been convinced that it’s her laptop that may be the problem and not the router (and naturally, she wouldn’t listen to me, but when our neighbor who is knowledgeable about such things, said the same dang thing, she listened-ish… ugh), but she’s sticking her head in the sand and griping that  “I don’t wanna deal with it” about paying the stupid bill and getting things turned on again, despite the logic that if we get the net back, I won’t be running up the data usage on our cell-plan.

My massive hope is that She’ll either pay it for Christmas if I ask really hard and nicely, or as a Birthday gift in January. I’ve been saving up (aka, not spending the 159 bucks in cash although I seriously wanna donate already for Aedyn…) and will be doing the usual work for the neighbors next month from the 21st to the 25th, and that usually pays a nice bit.

Come that time, I’ll shove it all at her. >.< I swear, this has been the suckiest start possible to Aurielle’s alphaship. Also, if you see any really random J’s floating around in my posts, my J key on my keyboard is super, super sensitive, and I barely have to touch it to have it spitting J’s everywhere while I type. (I type things out on the computer and transfer via Notepad to my phone, then post and struggle with phone coding.)

Okay! There will be lots of rounds to this, if all is successful, and it could possibly be used for skill claims if there’s history involved. Check with staff to see, I’m not entirely certain if a legend has to be broken into several posts to count for skill claims in Int.

There is no deadline to toss your wolves in, and late arrivals are allowed. Pups are welcome, naturally (we all know kids tell weird, funny stories), and let’s have some fun.

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Gwenevere

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
10-29-2018, 08:05 PM
Gwen lifted her head and pricked her ears at the sound of Aurielle's call. With her children old enough to have the run of the pack lands now she didn't make a concerted effort to keep track of them during the day, so whether they showed up or not would be up to them. The call wasn't particularly mandatory but she hoped that they would choose on their own to answer it. She wasn't raising her pups to be antisocial, as much as some of them might prefer to be, and being part of a pack meant participating in pack life.

She turned aside from her patrol and loped through the territory to where the plains began to bleed into the moor, where Aurielle waited for them. She tilted her head to the side and eyed the alpha with a faint smile. Whatever had held her back before, the yearling seemed to be ready to get involved again. Giving her a faint nod, Gwen moved to sit near her. "Good morning, Aurielle," she murmured. She didn't bother asking her any questions as to the whys and wherefors of the meeting, knowing the alpha would explain when she was ready.

Cairo II

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (295)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy

Halloween 2020 - Witches HutValentines 2020
10-30-2018, 06:55 AM
He was well again, for now. He was frustrated at the pesky cold that always wanted to snatch him just when things were getting good in life. Despite the illnesses, though, he was growing well, filling out his puppy frame, and today, he heard an unfamiliar call. Her voice called to the pack, inviting and warm, and he turned, delighted that he was old enough to answer a pack-wide invite.

When he arrived, it was to find his mother already present, but when his eyes turned to the other female, they widened in no small amount of shock. What was wrong with her fur—why were her fangs so long? But she was beautiful, and as he slipped up to sit at his mother’s side, he asked softly, “Is she a spirit?”

Surely, with the ephemeral shimmers of colors he kept catching as he looked back at the wolf who smiled at him with a gentle amusement – and he realized then, with a burning face under his fur, that she’d heard him clearly – she must not be of the living realm. Mother sure seemed calm, though…

Really though, he couldn’t keep his eyes off the fascinating shift of color in that white coat. How did that work?

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Mammoth HunterDouble MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
11-10-2018, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2018, 06:31 PM by Brandr.)
There is hope within despair

Brandr was out with Halation, headed toward the borders of Celestial to begin a patrol. Halation had tagged along again and Brandr didn't have the heart to turn the youth away. Not when the lad was so keen to learn. If anything it would be a good bit of exercise and perhaps he could get a tracking lesson in while he worked. He'd settled into the now familiar routine just as a call rang out. His ears perked up. Aurielle? Now that was a voice he hadn't heard in awhile. He was getting used to Gwenevere as the de facto alphess but he was glad the other girl seemed to be back on her feet.

He nodded to Halation and elegantly leapt over the wall. After making sure Halation was on his heels he headed toward the source of the call to see Aurielle and Gwenevere with one of her children. He dipped his head in greeting. "Hello, everyone. It is good to see you again Aurielle. I trust Gwenevere has informed you of my situation and status within the pack?  This is my son Halation." He didn't know if Corentine and Lucine were in the packlands or out wandering the loner lands. He would leave it to Corentine to determine if they wished to attend.

Halation

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
11-10-2018, 06:36 PM
Dancing On A Mountaintop

Halation let his thoughts wander as he followed his father. He was just glad to be out and about and enjoying a nice summer day knowing autumn was just around the corner. Not that the difference would be noticed immediately this far south. It was likely to stay pretty warm for awhile. When the call rang out Halation glanced at his father and nodded. He was up for a sidetrack. He watched his father leap gracefully over the wall and he followed suit though with distinctly less elegance than his forebear. He still had some maturing to do but over all Halation was filling out into a handsome young man.

Trotting along they soon arrived at a small gathering of Celestial wolves. Halation dipped his head in greeting but left the talking to his father.

Amos

Loner
Legionary

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
11-11-2018, 03:55 PM
Amos had been growing restless over the last few days... weeks... for a while, really. Most of the time it was easy to bury the feeling and keep moving, doing his basic duties and trying his best to muddle through the great stretches of solitude. Much as he tried to pretend otherwise, the man was a social creature and going ages between conversations was absolutely killing him. But, that was largely his fault. He should probably just start tracking down pack members and either practicing his skills with a willing participant or at least do his best to force some small talk out of 'em.

Lounging outside his den, which was really just an unoccupied one someone else must have left ages ago because he found it more interesting than digging out his own, he heaved a heavy sigh. When he heard the call ring out, for a moment he was suspicious. Was it real? Bah, course it was, he wasn't that starved for social interaction. Although imagining howls did seem like it was a possibility on the horizon. Hopping to s standing position, he began bounding in Aurielle's direction.

Upon arrival, he found some familiar faces, and a few new ones. To Gwenevere and Aurielle he offered a smile and a dip of his head before settling in the thick of the group, sitting down heavily and looking rather happy to be there as per usual. The kid by Gwen he could guess was the pup who hadn't been at the meeting where she'd introduced her kids. The other two he'd noticed the scents of before, but had yet to actually meet face to face. The man had never been alone when Amos scented him, and Aurielle and Gwen's ease at his presence told him all he needed to know. For once he couldn't think of much to say, he was just happy to see some pack members gathering, so Amos remained silent and waited to find out what this was about.
[Image: Yos2LI0.png?1]

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
11-11-2018, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 09:34 PM by Aurielle.)
She smiled slightly as Gwenevere arrived, nodding slightly in response to the greeting her Right Wing gave. “Good morning, Gwen.” Young Cairo was next, and the young Archangel’s smile widened as he took her in, head cocking at his question to his mother. “In a sense… I’m Aurielle, Archangel of Celestial.” Come the changes she would make to the pack, if things would just run more smoothly, for once.

Brandr’s arrival with one of his children tilted her head, but her smile held as her eyes flicked to Gwen. “I’ve noted your scent around. Welcome to the pack, by the way. I apologize that I haven’t been as available as I should be.” True regret lay in her voice before her features brightened as her eyes dropped to the male’s son, dipping her head as she added, “It is a great pleasure to meet you, Halation. Welcome to our first Story Time gathering.”

Amos’ arrival brought a warm grin to her features as she studied the grey toned male, wondering what he’d think of this custom. A glance around decided her that enough had gathered that even if no one else came during the story telling, the word would be spread and a schedule set where they pack would know where to gather if they wanted to share stories.

“Since this is a very informal gathering, I’ll tell you all what I have in mind for the future of the pack, regarding this particular custom.”

She lowered to the ground, tail flicking out to spread over the turf, paws crossing as she grinned at the gathered faces. “This is an optional gathering where we tell stories, whether they’re legends you grew up with as a pup, true history, or simply something funny or interesting, or even mundane that happened the other day. This should be relaxed and fun, and a chance to just unwind and share a meal. I figure even if no one else shows up today, the rest of you can spread the word so they know, or I can announce it at the next meeting. What do you think? Should we make this a thing to last generations or throw it out?”

Her eyes flicked around at the others’ features as she tried to assess their thoughts. Hopefully, this was a good idea.

OOC: Don't worry, guys, like I said, latecomers are welcome. I figure we can get this ball rolling now and people can hop in along the way if they like (maybe characters listening can whisper a quick explanation to latecomers as they arrive.). Let's goooo!

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Mammoth HunterDouble MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
12-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Following the Tides and Carried by the Wind

Story time gathering? Brandr marked the occasion with interest and suddenly felt a bit nervous. Did he have any stories to contribute? Rather than worry he made his way to a good place to sit and settled down. Aurielle would explain everything. He gestured for his son to sit beside him and then he gave the alphess his full attention. He knew his family had a number of stories of great heroes and stunning natural events that shaped the world he'd been born into.

Smiling gently he spoke, "I think it is a wonderful idea, Aurielle. Perhaps we should give it a test run and decide at the end? I'd certainly like to hear some of the stories and legends the wolves of Celestial grew up with."

"Talk"

ooc: go ahead and skip Halation