Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-12-2018, 04:38 PM
The young male was on a search, however, not a traditional one. He was not looking for prey or herbs for healing, he was looking for scents. Any strong one will do, wild garlic or lavender preferably. He hated the way some canines could tell everything about another person just by the way they smell. One of his packmates could even tell what he ate the day before if he got a good whiff. So many secrets would be obsolete if another wolf got to close, but if his scent was hidden, he could focus on other ways of protecting such secrets.

He sniffed the air and the strong scent of lavender hit his nose. Perfect. He followed the sweet fragrance to its source, a few large clusters of the purple plant, and promptly fell within them. He rolled and rubbed his face against the stalks, making sure to get every inch he could. Fall was rolling in and soon the plants he used to hide his scent would all die out. He to find a way to mask his odor over the winter. Rolling in snow might work but being cold and covered in snow the entire winter would not be pleasant nor safe.

He paused before getting up and sniffing himself. He found as his natural scent was still there, though suffocated under the smell of lavender. Though most would be satisfied, he was not and started to roll back into the lavender. He wanted his scent gone, not hidden.

Darya

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

1KChristmas 2019
11-12-2018, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2019, 01:30 PM by Darya.)

Darya had been spending so much time away from her father or siblings, her uncle helping her to further her skills, though it did mean she hadn't spent time in her precious northern snow in nearly a full year. But with the advent of autumn she felt a familiar and calming chill on the winds. She would probably return to the north once winter was in a full swing but for the time being she wanted to gather more herbs.

So she'd set off to find a lusher part of the continent. Finding herself in a lush flowered area. The overwhelming scents of flowers, lavender in particular, was almost cloying. So perhaps it was no surprise when she failed to notice another wolf until his form came into view. The girl stopped, eyes wide as when she spotted them; her bright hell-fire gaze widening. As she towered over the bright colors of the flowers she started to cower, her ears pulling back and her tail tucking between her legs, a pretty typical reaction to finding herself in the presence of someone the girl didn't know.

"Говорить"

Art by TakahiroReta
Darya has a thick Russian accent, hover for clarification.
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Novis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-12-2018, 06:26 PM
It took him a moment to notice a visitor, his nose clogged with the smell of lavender. When he lifted his head, the eyes of a hunched young lady met his. He tensed up, surprised at the sudden appearance of another wolf, especially a large one. Despite being younger, the girl was the same hight as him, if not taller, it was hard to tell by her crouched position.

He was hesitant in his movements, slowly rising to his feet to get a better look at the female. He stood tall as faced her, tail and ears raised in an act of dominance as his eyes surveyed the dame. He wasn't sure the intentions of the girl, crouched so close, but he wanted to show he was not afraid. This was when he got a full look at the girl, tail tucked and eyes full of fear. His face filled with sympathy. She was nowhere close to a threat, in fact, she was the total opposite. Guilt tugged at his heart for his dominant approach, this woman needed a much softer first impression.

He instantly softened his features, lowering his head and tail in an act of passivism. He backed away slightly but stayed close enough to have a conversation if the girl. "Don't worry, I have no intention to hurt you. I'm sorry if I am intimidating, I normally try to be on the contrary" He spoke softly but tried to keep a gruff undertone as to sell a masculine voice. He didn't want to scare the girl further but he also didn't want to appear feminine, but if forced to chose between the two, calming down the dame would be his first choice.