size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
11-13-2018, 09:28 PM
Build me up from bones, Wrap me up in skin, Hold me close enough to breathe me in

Drífa had been out longer than she'd intended. Well over a week had gone by as she'd journeyed southward to gather herbs that were fading quickly into fall and would soon succumb to winter. A good size bundle was wrapped neatly in a rabbit skin that she carried in her mouth. She'd had to stop frequently to give her jaw a rest and she vowed to find a better way to carry her stores.  The sun was out but despite its brightness the air was still chilly. The wind in the gorge certainly wouldn't help but she'd found such a useful variety of herbs it seemed like the best place to make her den.

She was just about to cross into the gorge when she caught the scent of other wolves. Her brow burrowed as she dipped her head to sniff at the scent markings. Two things struck her at once. First, this was definitely a pack border. How had a pack managed to spring up in the week she was gone? How was she going to get her stores? But the second was how familiar the scents were. Were these really the scents of Eira's children?  Yes, they had to be. She was certain.

Drífa lifted her head and hesitated. A rush of intense emotions rushed through her, namely shock. Shock at running across them after nary a sign that anyone was about but her and further shock that they'd already established a pack.  She had to give it the little squirts, they were certainly efficient. Well, Drífa had no intention of abandoning her stores and it was worth it just to see what was going on here and maybe, just maybe if she had a home. She didn't care much for Eira and Mars union, peace or not, but she couldn't very well hold that grudge against the kids. They'd had no say in the matter after all. But there were still so many unanswered questions. Questions she wasn't sure she wanted an answer to.

Tipping back her head she howled.

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
11-14-2018, 08:49 AM

Occasionally he grew uncertain about his decision to raise a pack this soon after his arrival. Granted, it had been some time since he'd arrived, but... Well, the radical shift from back when he'd wanted nothing to do with leadership was hard to grow accustomed to. For now, he told himself that the difference was that this was his choice, not one Mars had made. Huffing, he watched as his breath fogged and drifted away, blue and red eyes following it's path as it slowly faded.

No sooner had the wisps dissipated than a howl rose, summoning him to the border. Intriguing, he hadn't gotten many visitors yet. This could be good though, they were still hurting for members after all. Not that he'd be letting the new arrival know that. Meandering off towards the call, Ignatius wondered for a moment how long it would take before the north was covered in snow, and how deep it would be in his packlands.

Once he found the caller, Ignatius strode up, placing himself opposite her and offering a nod and smile before saying, "Greetings, welcome to the borders of Fýri. I'm Ignatius Agnivo, Konungr or alpha of this pack, how may I help you?" gods above, that was so formal he could die. He'd prefer to live and speak in a more relaxed way, but years of training had lasting effects. Drinking in her appearance, the barely marked snowy pelt, and comparatively diminutive height were nothing to get terribly excited about. He could easily write her off as a native of these lands.

It was something in her scent. He didn't clue in as quickly as she had, but then again he and his litter were well known to everyone back home, even those they hardly knew. Still, there was a faint familiarity there that had him suddenly feeling a bit uneasy even if he couldn't place a paw on why.

"TALK" "YOU" THINK

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

11-17-2018, 06:13 PM
Build me up from bones, Wrap me up in skin, Hold me close enough to breathe me in

Drífa waited patiently. She saw no reason to fuss until she saw with her own eyes just what exactly she was getting herself into. She didn't have to wait long for her answer. She was greeted by Ignatius who declared himself the alpha of this new fledgling pack. Her voice caught in her throat for a moment as she stared at the prince. She'd been expecting one of Eira's children but it was so strange to see him here, face to face, alive and already rekindling a pack. She noted the name Konungr, pleased at the use of Northern tradition. At least Eira had done a good job raising them.

Of course she'd heard the rumors. That supposedly Ignatius had committed murder. But she didn't believe it. She was certain Mars and those bloody southern wolves were to blame. First Eira's disappearance then that horrid older brother, a wolf of southern tradition, to be the new heir? Ha! Sounded like a southern power grab if there ever was one. She wouldn't have been surprised if the whole thing had been plotted by Mars from the start. Anyway, there was no need to mull on the past right now. She needed to focus on the present and her future.

She tipped her head in greeting. "My name is Drífa. I don't believe we've officially met but I certainly know of you. I am of the Norther tribe. A healer trained primarily in combat medicine. I must say Ignatius, I'm surprised to see you've raised a pack so swiftly. Are there others about? Have you… have you by chance come across Eira in your travels? Forgive me if I pry. I was hoping to find others of the Northern tribe and perhaps… a new home."

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
11-17-2018, 07:13 PM

A trace of surprise was written on his face when Drífa mentioned knowing of him. Only a slight lifting of a brow, though he supposed he shouldn't be too surprised. If he and Sephira made it here there was no reason why others couldn't. Perhaps if this woman had a more ostentatious coat he'd have been more inclined to guess at their shared place of origin, but she looked far more natural than Eira and could easily have fit in with the wolves of Boreas.

If she'd come from his own southern kingdom Ignatius may have been more weary, but the wolves of the north... They'd never wanted anything but peace from the way his mother told it in late night stories when he was a child. There was more reason for them to wish for Ig's success than his downfall. Suspicion remained in the back of his mind, but it was very faint and easily ignored for now. "It's a pleasure to meet you then. I can't say I've seen anyone from there in some time, unfortunately. The only familiar face is my sister Sephira who followed me." Why was she here though? Curiosity? A simple desire to wander? Questions burned in his mind but there was more for him to answer before he could begin to unleash the flurry of inquiries that he was holding back.

"I'm honestly surprised myself, to be quite honest," he mused with a chuckle. Being an alpha in a whole new land left him free to be a bit more informal than he'd normally have been, and oh how he relished the chance to relax and have a real conversation. "It was really born out of necessity. Though, I do rather like the way I've planned things and the whole concept is growing on me. If it's a home you're after," he hesitated only a second, a necessary moment to consider if trusting someone from the home he'd left behind might one day lead to him being blindsided by another backstabbing traitor... But in the end, he decided to chance it. If she was a healer, that was one of many roles on the list he needed to fill in. Besides, she'd probably be better than the average wolf when it came to finding northern herbs, and he'd soon have more than just Sephira to keep an eye on everyone if things kept progressing smoothly. What the hell. "Perhaps Fýri will interest you? It might not be just like home, but, I'm sure more of it will be familiar than most of what the other packs here have to offer."

"TALK"

"TALK" "YOU" THINK

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

11-24-2018, 11:13 AM

Drífa nodded gently as Ignatius spoke. He'd found his sister Sephira, a proud and independent little spitfire if the rumors were true. That was one at least but she was disappointed to learn that no others had surfaced. Eira wasn't exactly a surprise. She knew it was a long shot to even ask and deep in her heart she feared the woman was dead. Murdered by Mars if her suspicions were correct. As for the others it could be that some of them were taking the opportunity to make new beginnings but she was far to set in her ways to just turn from her way of life.

As they spoke the tension seemed to ease up a bit. She smiled gently as he chuckled with his own surprise at starting up this new pack. "Fyri, that's a good name. Yes, it does interest me. I've lived Northern traditions all my life and I can't imagine changing my ways when I'm standing on the edge of my sixth year. No other pack in Boreas will feel closer to home of that I'm sure. I'd like to join if you'll have me. I'm a healer specializing in combat medicine."

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
11-24-2018, 04:09 PM

Ig decided he was inclined to like the woman. She seemed like a decent wolf and he was probably- no, definitely more inclined to want to take in someone from the north of his homeland. Maybe he was foolish, but for now his priority was to bolster the number of wolves in his ranks. He could sort out the particulars and be choosy once things were in order and there were enough members in the pack for it to function reasonably well.

"I would love to have you as a member, Drífa. A healer is much needed, and having someone who will be familiar with many of the customs this pack will develop will be excellent." Gesturing towards the pack lands behind him, he added, "Would you like to begin with a look around and I can fill you in on some more information you might want to know as well as a bit about the other members?" He moved to turn towards the barely established path that would lead along the edge of the gorge so that he could see it and the start of the red forest once they'd gone far enough. One day he hoped there would be many well-worn paths that the pack members knew like the backs of their paws, crisscrossing through the territory all over the place.

-exit?-

"TALK" "YOU" THINK

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

12-01-2018, 07:13 PM
ooc: I vote we each do one more post so we can get intellect points

Drífa was pleased to be accepted and she felt an immediate sense of relief at having a place to call home. She'd be able to get her den and stores set up and just in time before winter arrived. She could introduce herself to her packmates at her own leisure and with a little luck she'd begin to see more Northern faces and perhaps some old friends. "Thank you, Ignatius, I'd like that. Is there a particular place you'd like us to den and have you already had someone take stock of the herbs that grow in the area? I was denning here earlier, I've made note of a few staples we can use and I'd certainly love to know who all is here so far." With a little luck their numbers would continue to grow as more Northern wolves found their way to Fyri.

She trotted along after Ignatius, moving her legs swiftly to keep up with his longer stride. She'd be curious to know what his vision was for the gorge. She'd explored some of it but certainly far from all of the territory. She had a feeling she'd need to relocate her den. The original place was a bit more on the outskirts that she imagined the new location would be.

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
12-02-2018, 06:06 PM
They moved inward, trailing along with the edge of the gorge on one side and the forest beginning to get denser on the other. Before the crispness of the air had been a bit strange, but the more days that went by the more Ig was becoming accustomed to the new weather and elevation. The north was different, but he really liked it. Someday he was sure it would feel like home.

"Ideally dens in the Gorge should probably be closer to the forest here, in case there are things going on in the Red Forest. I have a few ideas for things I'd like to have in the Gorge, they'll be more towards the western side if that helps. Really all that matters is being able to make it to meetings in a timely manner, I'll pick a regular meeting spot soon enough." He had to consider her next question for a moment. It was possible that others had peeked at the herbs, but really he couldn't say for certain. "I did investigate a bit myself but I'm not sure about anyone else. Sephira probably won't have and, well, I'm not sure anyone else has expressed an interest in healing. I can get back to you on some thing I think we might need though if it'll be helpful," he suggested. Ig was no healer but he'd been taught the basics growing up. Honestly he would prefer to make sure everyone in the pack had at least that much knowledge. No one in his pack should be risking infections if they got hurt away from home with no knowledge of how to help themselves and no healer at their side to do it for them.

After a bit he found a good outcropping that looked over the Gorge, a few feet away from one of the barely established paths down. Looking out over it was… breathtaking, and it made him glad that he'd picked this land for his fledgling pack.

"So far there aren't many. Me, my sister Sephira who is acting as Jarl to help me out. There's a girl named Lyrae, a yearling with a pelt like the heavens and a fondness for navigation. She might be in and out a bit. We also have a woman named Persephone. She's a fighter. I'm sure there will be more but for now that's it." He glanced back to Drífa before asking, "Was there more you want to know, or would you prefer to begin doing other things for right now?"

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

12-16-2018, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2018, 09:51 PM by Drífa.)

Drífa listened patiently as Ignatius laid out his general thoughts on the placement of the dens, stating that things might be going on in the Red Forest. She was curious what kind of things but her body was beginning to ache. She'd travelled long and hard today and she couldn't wait to curl up and take a good nap. "Sounds good. I'll look for a new location for my den in a few days.  For now I think I shall need to rest." She was disappointed to hear that many of the Northern wolves were still unaccounted for but she couldn't' say she was surprised. They'd scattered like dust in the wind and who knew where they would all settle.

"My mind thirsts for knowledge much the same as it did when I was a pup. There is always more I'd like to know but for now my body bids me rest. Thank you, Ignatius. I'm sure we'll talk again soon."

-exit-