Circe

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
11-15-2018, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 07:04 PM by Circe.)
Ardent is woefully lacking in teeny ninja-esque wolves and I'd like to fix that, so I give you THE SONGA! Who are these minuscule badasses, you ask? Well, let me tell you...

The Songa are a people who have lived in Auster for generations. When the land bridge opened up and HUGE wolves poured in they retreated into the trees and have been very quiet ever since as they have tried to decide how to handle the formidable giants. They've watched packs rise and fall, and sent scouts into Boreas, but they still aren't sure what the best course of action is.

THEIR CULTURE is a very loose amalgamation of pre-reservation Cherokee and Comanche with a pinch of 15th century ninja-ness, a liberal sprinkling of tree veneration and a LOT of imagination. EDIT: I'm leaving this bit up so you can see where I started, but this is now ohhh, I dunno, 90% imagination?

Social Order
The Songa are a loose collection of families held together by blood and tradition. They're matriarchal, with children taking their mother's name and they're polygamous, with elite males typically marrying as many females as their wealth allows. They aren't led by a leader, rather, their big decisions are made by a small counsel who are nominated by their peers as situations that require the community's consensus arise. Members are “elected” based on their experience/ knowledge on a specific topic and the counsel “disbands” after decisions have been made.

As far as ranks and the like go, the Songa have no official pack structure. Each member of the band is expected to be self-sufficient. They do what they need to do to survive and barter with each other to make their lives easier. Depending on the skill of the individual, they may or may not amass wealth this way.

Now, just because they're expected to be self-sufficient doesn't mean they thumb their noses at those who are less fortunate. If you're a lazy ass that's one thing, but if you have a genuine need among the Songa your neighbors will no doubt do what they can to help. BUT...they'll do it secretly. Why? Because there's an ingrained belief that by giving someone something to their face you're humbling them, thus lessening their dignity, and being the dignity/respect/honor-centered people that they are, this belief means that they too look bad because they've damaged someone else. So nice gestures are either done in a way that humbles the one doing the gesturing (thus allowing the receiver to save face) or anonymously.

Marriage
While it's only typical for males to have multiple spouses, the females make most of the decisions when it comes to marriage and family. The most desirable male is one who has amassed the most wealth. Females are the ones who usually initiate courting and the decision to marry is ultimately up to the female. Marriage tends to be a formal thing, done to forge alliances and move you up the social ladder, but marrying for love isn't unheard of. It is, however, something that will probably make your parents unhappy unless your partner also happens to meet their standards.

Honor
Songa society is centered around the acquisition and preservation of respect and honor. Honor is acquired through raiding, through giving respect to the older generations, through treating fellow Songa with dignity, and through plying an “honest” trade. Respect is given carefully and with all the brevity normally reserved for religious ceremonies. Bowing is a very important greeting to the Songa and failing to bow or bowing too quickly or shallowly is considered a sign of impertinence. Individuals who regularly fail to follow this social protocol generally aren't thought very highly of and may find it difficult to establish themselves in their community. Exceptionally rude individuals might even be shunned until their manners improve.

Raiding
Males (and to a lesser extent, females) participate in raids against other peoples to increase their wealth and standing among the Songa bands. He (or she) who possesses the most trophies gets the most goods and the most prestige. What kind of trophies might they take, you ask? Well, the best trophies are the ones that have clearly been taken from somebody else, so things like ears and tails are the most highly prized. They are proof that a fighter has bested someone (or more than one someones) and it's not unusual to see Songa wolves adorned in the carefully preserved tails of their vanquished enemies.  Make no mistake, they'll take anything they deem valuable and the taking of body parts, while prevalent, isn't something that's taken lightly. Possessions are much more commonly taken.

RELIGION
Animistic in nature, the belief of the Songas is that all living things - from the smallest of ants to the largest of trees – have a spirit. All spirits are revered and no lives are taken flippantly. This segment of their culture is a WIP and I'll expand it if there's interest in the Songa.

Rites of Passage
WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP

Tree Veneration
I'll add this if there's interest in this plot and detail their creation story, why they sleep in trees, etc. Something in here includes banding together and killing off their excessively large enemies many generations ago.

I MENTIONED NINJAS, DID I NOT
Every adult member of Songa society has an important role to play. While highly skilled individuals in all fields are praised for their ability, the highest places of honor are reserved for the most skilled, most sneaky of their fighters. Those who tread on the lightest of feet, who scale trees quickly and silently, who defeat their opponents using cunning or surprise instead of brute force? Those are the Songa's most valued members. They are the Soundless. Small pups aspiring to be Soundless spend hours on the ground sneaking up on small game. It's said that if an older pup is able to walk up on a sleeping takin and kill it before it wakes s/he is ready to begin formal training.

I've used 'fighter' quite a lot in this little adoption thingy, but that doesn't quite do the Songa's Soundless wolves justice. They aren't brawlers or close combat fighters. They're a little too small and light for that. No, these little guys are crafty little ninjas. They fight dirty (smartly, if you ask them) and from a distance. It would be nothing for a Soundless wolf to to rig an ole timey cartoon trap and leave an opponent dangling from a tree by a foot. Another good Soundless trap would be a net flinging contraption.

WHY DO YOU KEEP MENTIONING TREES, LAZ
A peculiarity among the Songa is that unlike their much larger canine relatives, they spend a great deal of time in the trees. The Ancient Oaks (where my boy Balsam will be from) is chock full of gigantic old trees with big honkin' branches that are just perfect for little nimble canines to make nests.

APPEARANCES
Height
In many on site families, the bigger the wolf, the better. The opposite is desirable among the Songa. The smallest and lightest wolves are the swiftest runners and the quietest climbers, and so it's for that reason that big wolves are looked at not as powerful adversaries, but as bumbling, heavy-footed knuckleheads. Selective breeding over the years as reduced the average Songa height to a punchy 25" with smaller individuals considered more desirable and bigger individuals considered a bit unwieldy. 29"+ is unheard of in the Songa.

Build
The lighter, the better.

Coloration
Common colors are shades of brown, warm greys, natural reds and black. While it's a bit unusual, wolves with green tinged base coats or green markings aren't unheard of. All eye colors are acceptable. Albinism is nearly unheard of (and VERY undesirable!) but melanism is quite common. Medium to dark-colored coats are the norm, but light-colored coats do pop up occasionally. Those that do tend to be textbook examples of counter-shading.

While they may differ in coloration, there is one thing all Songa wolves have in common: blue/grey tongues. No one knows when this trait popped up, but no one thinks anything of it anymore. That's just the way their tongues are. Some only have blue/grey spots or streaks, but most have solid blue/grey tongues and dark-colored mouths.

Decorations
No adult Songa in his or her right mind walks around without at least a bauble or two somewhere on their person. That would be like one of us walking down the street in our birthday suit. It's just not a good look, okay? Your neighbors will think you've lost your mind and the Songa, should they see a peer without decorations, will no doubt think similar things.

The adornments Songa wolves choose to wear tend to represent their careers and interests. So Soundless wolves might have a bangle with a tails on it or a necklace made of ears. Healers might wear a braid of herbs, hunters might wear a crown of antlers, and so on.

WHAT I'M DOING WITH THIS PLOT
I'll be bringing in a yearling male named Balsam (who is being modeled off of red pandas/raccoons, just fyi, make of this statement what you will). He's desperate to make a name for himself as a Soundless warrior. Why, you ask? For a reason that's as old as time. He's got a crush. This girl is everything he could have ever hoped for and more. She's perfect in every way and hearing her name is enough to give him butterflies. The problem? She won't give him the time of day. Why? He doesn't know for sure, but he has a pretty good guess. He is, after all, just a boy until he claims his first trophy. BUT getting a simple little trophy isn't good enough. Nope, this girl deserves the best and it is for that reason that he's determined to get something no Songa wolf has ever gotten before: a trophy from Boreas.

Considering that consensus hasn't been reached by the counsel, Balsam running off half-cocked isn't going to go over very well with, well...anyone. There will be those who agree with him, those that don't and a whole spectrum in between. So, Balsam (all 23 inches, 70ish pounds of him)  is going to run headlong at Boreas (or at the “Boreas” intruders in Auster if he sees them first) which no doubt will throw his people into a panic. And I don't know about you, but that sounds like a great time.

This is only what I'm doing. If you're interested in a teeny ninja but don't like what my boy is up to, feel free to play it however you want. All members of Songa society are up for grabs and they can have any personality and any goal. That being said, his friends could go with him. Perhaps there are other wannabe fighters out there itching to kick ass and take ears. Or, maybe there are those in the community who don't want to engage the Boreas giants and just want to go back to the way things used to be. Perhaps they aren't going to take a subtle approach to returning things to normal. I'm all for Balsam's mother or auntie trying to drag him home by the ear.

So, interested in adopting one of these cuties crafty ninjas? Just fill out the form below:

For Joe Smoe Songa:
Code:
<b>Name:</b>
<b>Age:</b>
<b>Gender:</b>
<b>Alignment:</b> No chaotic evils, please
<b>Design:</b> you can either provide your own or choose from the ones provided
<b>Description:</b> site min
<b>Personality:</b> site min
<b>Relationship to Balsam:</b> 'Barely knows him' is a perfectly acceptable answer
<b>History:</b>
<b>Plans:</b>

For Balsam's family:
Code:
FAMILY
<b>Name:</b>
<b>Age:</b>
<b>Gender:</b>
<b>Alignment:</b> No chaotic evils, please
<b>Design:</b> you can either provide your own or choose from the ones provided
<b>Description:</b> site min
<b>Personality:</b> site min
<b>How are they related to Balsam?:</b> Only his mother (who is a widow) and same age siblings are UFA in his immediate fam. Extended fam is wiiide open
<b>History:</b>
<b>Plans:</b>

I reserve the right to take back and readopt out inactive characters. This includes those who have been set inactive and those who simply haven't be posted with in 1 ooc month. To simplify things I ask that all purchases you make/its design go with the character unless it has 10 posts or less when I reclaim it.

AVAILABLE DESIGNS

8 - TAKEN

9 - TAKEN

Circe has a male spitting cobra companion named Gwydion. Unless stated otherwise he is always with Circe.

Wanna plot with Circe? Check out the miscellaneous section on her profile!

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
11-16-2018, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 04:01 PM by Rhyme I.)
Dang it Laz! I couldn't resist. Also if I don't get the crush I'm down with making her a cousin or joe schmo

Crush App
Name: Velvette Barkpaw
Alignment: Lawful Neutral 
Design:

Description: -23" 55lbs- Taking after her name the girl has smooth dark velvet fur. A base coat of charcoal gray upon her back lightens to an ash under her neck down across her belly and under her tail. Her legs an paws are also this silvery color. Upon this gradient rest beautiful black rosettes that shrink into smaller spots around her face and down her legs. Her eyes are lined in inky black and down her thickly furred neck are markings more akin to stripes than spots. Her tail also boasts stripes down the length of it.

She is of a lithe and light build, long legs carry her athletic body. Easily described as a tiny dancer the young woman has proportions similar to a yearling doe. With large expressive ears and attentive eyes she is built to be nocturnal.

Blessed with brilliant red violet eyes that are flecked with light blue that concentrates around her pupil.
Personality: Ambitious: The girl knows glory, and seeks to find wealth and greatness of her own. She sets her standards for herself high and strives to meet them no matter the cost. This also causes her to be selfish especially with strangers. She does feel regret if she hurts those she loves. Lavish: Though she loves to be fawned over and glorified Vehlvette is not a loud or boisterous girl. When she has earned the attention she will bask in it but she isn't one to make a scene or a big fuss. She knows wealth and wont settle for anything less even if she has to amass it herself. Taking after the leopard like her markings might suggest Vehlvette is a silent stalker and quiet predator. She is patient and willing to wait for what she wants. Aloof: Vehlvette is hard to impress, the feat must be of incredible magnitude before she will admit its greatness. She has little care of the boring goings on around her. Though she will protect what is hers with her life, and is very possessive of her belongings. She is very opinionated as well, almost stubborn once she has made up her mind. Elegant: She moves with grace in her tree top home, navigating the giant branches like the cats she looks most like. She is very feline in every pronounced movement and flicks her tail with her moods like a leopard might. Her speech is similarly calculated and she wouldn't be caught dead acting anything less than a lady.
How does she feel about Balsam?: Oblivious is rather accurate but in her own words: "Another little boy thinking he's a man. If he manages to succeed in his trials I might decide to congratulate him."
History: Born the last litter to an incredibly wealthy sire and his newest and youngest wife. Vehlvette grew up knowing what an impressive man was. Her mother instilled in her a need to find a wealthy mate and her father made sure she knew she could very well do it herself.  
Plans: she will be pretty oblivious of Balsam for a long time, mostly to make a name for herself. She may or may not have a thing for older men when she realizes what love and attraction are at around two. Maybe be one of the few female who has multiple husbands instead of the other way around.

Dagda

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Name: Sycamore
Alignment: True Neutral
Design: I'll wait and see what you throw up! :)
Description: site min
Personality:
How are they related to Balsam?: His reluctantly loving sister who's decided to tag along in the hope she can prevent him from getting killed
History:
Plans:

Circe

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
11-17-2018, 07:22 PM
I've added some designs!
Circe has a male spitting cobra companion named Gwydion. Unless stated otherwise he is always with Circe.

Wanna plot with Circe? Check out the miscellaneous section on her profile!

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
11-17-2018, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 03:26 PM by Shaye I.)
Name: Ramesh
Alignment: Neutral good
Design:
[Image: roasting_chestnuts_by_seadragoness_dctgj97-pre.png]
Description: His dark to light colors offer him the best hiding advantage in Autumn as the leaves turn crisp and brown, and the fading foliage blends perfectly against his golden coat. the summer, he finds hunting done best from above where creatures are less likely to look, holding close to thick, dark branches and letting his coat blend in with these. His colors are striking against undergrowth, offering poor hunting on land. This short, fierce creature has eyes like the sun, brilliantly gold and sharp with his inquisitive nature.

The blends of his coat can be quite beautiful, darker around his face, highlighting the brilliance of his eyes, and fading to lighter colors around his back and, tail, and down all four of his legs.

Personality: Sharp, and inquisitive, this wolf could do well in life if he put his mind to it, and focused instead, he gets wrapped up in an idea and sticks to it like tree-sap. He wants his first trophy to be something magnificent, and hunts through the tree tops trying to find the perfect creature. He’s likely to jump out of hiding, before a creature, fur fluffed up, arched like a cat, decide against the beast too small, to ugly, to wrong, ect and scamper back up his tree like a bat out of hell.

When he hears that Balsam is going to be going into Boreas to get the perfect trophy, he’s going to get it in his head to follow the man from a distance, stalking him, so to speak. He isn’t stealing ideas, hes building on them. He’ll love his sister, but not have much time for her. He should be protective, and will likely jump to her defence, but mostly he thinks girls are silly.

Relationship to Balsam: Brother to Velvette Barkpaw
History:
Plans: Stalking Balsam!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
11-18-2018, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2018, 04:22 PM by Xephyris.)
Name: Cybele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Design: #9
Description: At 22" and 50 lbs, Cybele is a petite female, but she is by no means fragile. She is athletic and sure-footed, her body proportions giving her the ability to run swiftly and gracefully. Her hind legs are powerful, able to leap effortlessly into the low hanging branches of trees and climb them with ease. Her skull is small, muzzle narrow, with pointed ears standing high and alert atop of her head.

Her coat is a mixture of dark grays, giving her a very shadowy appearance. Thus, she blends into the darkness quite well, and can be very difficult to spot. The darkest gray is upon her ears, head and top of her muzzle. Her legs and underside are dark as well, with lighter shades marking her cheeks, mane, back and thighs. The tail is a mixture of darks and lights, striped in such a way that it would appear she is adorned in shadows at all times. The only light colour to contrast her otherwise dark coat is a very light gray upon the sides of her muzzle, under the eyes, and at the back of her shoulders. The eyes are vibrant in comparison with the rest of her body, red and gleaming like rubies.

Personality: Inquisitive. Free-spirited. Loyal. Cautious. Thoughtful. Independent.

Cybele is a free-spirited and independent girl. Although she values the Songa's long held traditions, she has never been one to fully play by the rules. She does not particularly want to be bound by rules that were decided long before her time, but on the same coin, she does not know anything else and fears what life may be like beyond the ways of the Songa. She knows her limitations as a petite predator in a world of giants. Without the Songa traditions and teachings, she knows she would be at a severe disadvantage. Thus, she follows the lore of her people, merely dreaming of a life without so many expectations.

Her inquisitive mind is perhaps what draws her away from tradition most frequently. She loves the feeling she gets from discovering new things and exploring new territories. And she is most curious about the bigger wolves. Having caught sight of them more than once, and knowing the potential danger of an encounter with one of them, she gets a little bit of a thrill from watching them and seeing how close she can get without being seen. In most cases she is cautious and does not seek out danger for fun, but she definitely pushes the limits when it comes to encountering big wolves.

This girl is a loyal and thoughtful friend. She'd do anything for a friend or family member. And even if she thinks you have a terrible idea, she'll go along with you just to make sure nothing bad happens to you. After all, she's not going to rat you out for a stupid idea, and she could not in good conscience let you get into trouble without some back-up. Just know that she won't let you hear the end of it afterward!

Relationship to Balsam: Childhood friends?
History: Being just a yearling, Cybele doesn't have a particularly interesting history. She has spent most of her time learning the ways of the Songa, eager to gain the approval of her more skilled and wealthy elders.
Plans: To tag along on some of Balsam's shenanigans. Also, I'd like for her to be curious about the 'big wolves', to study them from a distance. Perhaps this will get her into shenanigans of her own.
[Image: bHJYJQZ.png]

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
11-24-2018, 04:20 PM
Kat and Shadowed get their chars!! Sorry for the wait, guys!
Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Thorne

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-30-2018, 01:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 08:42 AM by Thorne.)
Name: Darce
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Design: #8
Description: A dark pacthwork of varying hues. Charcoal and ebony paints him in an array of differing patterns, arcing over that tall, lanky body. Awkward and gangly, still lingering that phase of adolescent, he is yet to obtain muscle, yet to fill out. His coat is of mid-length, though it tends to thicken during the colden seasons, a habit he absouletly detests, as he believs it detracts from his 'manly, brustish facade'. Set into his cranium, twin pairs of crimson orbs. Both are narrow and glitter with pain and hidden depth, often acting as a mask of sorts to conceal the demons within.

Personality: A terrified little boy hiding behind a facade of sarcasmn and cold indifference. Darce wears a sneer like a suit of armour, unwilling to be vunerable, to be open, with anyone. He fears rejection, runs from it every night in his dreams, and conjures it within the eyes of his parents, blurring reality and fantasy until he has convinced himself that everyone in his company despises him. Rather then allow them the chance to reject him, he chooses to put up a cold barrier between them, wearing his frosty disposition like a second skin. Despite this, Darce harbours an immense craving for love and acceptance, and although he longs this banish this desire forever, he can't deny his ravenous hunger for the approval of others.

How are they related to Balsam?: Older brother
History: From a young age, Darce has felt resentment towards his other siblings, believing his parents to favour them over him. Regardless of whether or not this is true, he has grown up bitter and restless, eager to prove himself as a loyal and worthy warrior, and this has only worsened upon his father's death. Unfortunately, many of his attempts have ended in disaster, and as a result, Darce has festered and become discontented. For reasosn unbeknowest to even himself, he is particuarly spiteful of Balsam, and projects many of his internal frustrations onto the younger boy. It is likely that, due to Balsam's younger age, he is easier to blame in this instance. In correlation to this, he treats his younger brother with cold disinterest, and this has caused a rift between the brothers, as least as far as he is concerned.

Plans: Catching wind of his brother's quest, Darce follows the younger boy and eventually catches up to him. Unsurprisingly, he demands his brother returns home, furious at the idiocy of his plan. Believeing the boy wants to upstage him, he intitally refuses to listen to reason, aiming to garner favour with his family by safetly returning him home. However, he eventually realises the potential in such an idea, and so he tags along in an attempt to prove himself. And...although Darce doesn't want to admit it, there is a part of him that doesn't want to see his brother splattered across a forest floor.

I really want to develope the relationship between the boys and build Darce's character. I'd love to see him go from grumpy emo kid to a kind of protective guardian, perhaps. Or maybe, should things not turn out as planned, he'll go full angsty villian and just explode. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

[All done! Let me know if any changes need to be made!]

Balsam

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

Trick 2019
12-02-2018, 06:38 PM
Sea - Accepted! I can't wait to see Ramesh in action!

Whisper - There is one little detail that I left out in the Songa info and that is that the boys' father died when Balsam's litter was only a few weeks old. He was a very well respected Soundless wolf and was killed in a raid. Other than that, your app is looking good!

Nyx

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
-
build
-
player

ContributorPride - PansexualEaster 2022Rapid Poster - SilverToys for Tots
12-02-2018, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2018, 03:46 PM by Nyx.)
Name: Desota
Alignment: Neutral good
Design: click
Description: Sota wasn't lucky enough to inherit the fully dark complexion that is seen as favorable among the Songa. Most of his coat is a murky off-white, though luckily it isn't vivid enough to draw too much attention when he's hidden in the treetops. Most of his lower half is a muted deep purple-grey, covering his belly and paws, as well as his tail and chest. Trailing up the upper portion of his limbs are stripes, similar to the stripes of an okapi. The same dark purple adorns his coat in other spots, visible along his side in stray flecks, as well as marking his middle back in a semi-circle. The most defining feature of Sota is the tribal markings that adorn his face, breaking apart the dark purple mask with sharp lines that extend from beneath his eyes, and trail straight down to his snout.

Despite his less-than-ideal coloration, all of Sota's other qualities are ideal as far as the Songa is concerned. His height is a modest 21" inches, and overall he is quite light and nimble-footed. He's more graceful than he realizes, moving fluidly through the treetops, and only fumbling when he starts to doubt himself

Personality: Unlike most of the Songa, Desota's main goal in life isn't to achieve fame and fortune. Actually, those things hardly matter to him at all, though he's acutely aware that they really should. He is far more concerned with helping those around him, and ensuring those closest to him succeed. He derives great pleasure out of helping those around him, in any manner he can find. He's quite the selfless creature, the sort to go out of his way to leave gifts near sleeping friends - never staying to see their reaction, of course, because such a thing would be beyond rude. Likewise, he's extremely respectful of those he meets, especially of fellow Songa. Treating fellow Songa with dignity is of utmost importance to him, and thus he tends to be overly cautious when greeting unfamiliar wolves.

Partly due to his humbleness, and also partly due to the fact that he's generally oblivious, Sota is generally oblivious of his own natural abilities. He doesn't think very highly of himself, and any attention - particularly from the ladies - tends to confuse him and make him nervous. In general he tends to focus his attention outward, on those around him, rather than inward.

Relationship to Balsam: They'd been friends since they were pups. Sota took a quick liking to the much bolder Balsam, and likewise Sota made a good partner in crime, as he was always easily coerced into doing whatever Balsam wished. Somehow, even as they grew into their respective personalities, they maintained their close friendship, and even now Sota will follow Balsam to the ends of the earth if necessary. Of course, their relationship isn't totally one-sided - Sota tends to be the voice of reason when things are getting out of hand, and likewise Balsam constantly pushes Sota outside of his comfort zone.
History: Sota lived a rather unremarkable life among the Songa, coming from a small, lesser-known family. He never considered leaving his family until he caught wind of Balsam heading somewhere new, and with that he very tentatively followed him, convinced that if anyone could keep Balsam out of horrible trouble that it would be him.
Plans: No real plans! I'd like him to follow Balsam around, maybe get some confusing attention from girls, and overall fumble around awkwardly and deal with all of his internal struggles!

Philomena

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Trick 2019Christmas 2019
12-04-2018, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2018, 01:24 PM by Philomena.)
Name: Hoshido Winterheart

Alignment: Neutral Good

Design:

Description:

Hoshido is not an impressive man by any means. Standing at a mere seventeen inches this man is anything but impressive… at least by normal standards. By the standards of his people Hoshido is a wonderful specimen, small and stealthy. His coat, dark, is also shaggy in texture. He has a rather average build save for smaller and narrower paws. He is of a healthy weight for his size, however, and has deep dark blue eyes. His flesh is black and his inner ears are silver.

As far as his coat goes there are splashes of color all over Hoshido’s body. Primarily a steely gray coats his base lightening to silver around his ruff and underbelly, as well as his face, inner ears, and the back of his legs. Silvery-white splashes across both sides of his face as well, encircling his left eye, splashes up on his paws, touches his left shoulder blade and elbow, runs up his back left leg and lays across the right side of his rump in a small splash. Darker gray, almost black runs across his ruff and forehead, marks his muzzle, and makes a loop around his sides in a hook like mark.

Personality:

Like most Songa Hoshido has ambition in his heart to be one of the best. He sets his sights high, wanting the glory and wealth to collect a great deal of wives. He has high standards for himself as well, not willing to just take anyone or anything. He can be selfish around strangers, but more relaxed and kind to those he knows well. He does appreciate praise, feeding on it, using it to encourage himself. But when he doesn’t get praise, or notice, the male feels he must work even harder to achieve it. Even if that means doing something foolish or reckless. He is competitive as well, using others to help set his standards for himself. Hoshido is also incredibly protective of those he cares for.

He can move with grace and strike hard and fast before he retreats to regroup for another tactical strike. He does admittedly like to consider his options, even trying to come up with new ways to trick those he deems are the enemy. The male can either be your friend or one of those nightmares that keep you up at night. He doesn’t always succeed in every endeavor, but that just makes Hoshido try again. He is fiercely determined to get what he wants… starting with a girl of his dreams. Who that girl is though has yet to be seen.

Relationship to Balsam: Hoshido knows Balsam but doesn't really interact with him much as of yet. He's reckless... but also kind of admires these ideals of trying to do something new and unheard of. A self declared rival.

History: A pretty average life in a moderate sized family Hoshido didn't have much to worry about. He wanted for little except to please his family and find greatness for himself. From a young age he felt a strong sense of rivalry towards others of his clan... possibly just his competitive nature. Nothing too bold or extravagant for him... yet! :D

Plans: To see what the heck Balsam has got into his silly head and maybe try get some glory for himself!

• Philomena's current avatar is by Risketch on DeviantArt.

• Philomena has a bat hawk companion named No Face who is generally somewhere nearby if he is mentioned at all in a thread. If not mentioned, assume he is not there!

Balsam

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

Trick 2019
12-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Accepted Songa who want to journey into Boreas with Balsam are welcome to post here!

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
12-14-2018, 06:54 PM
Whisper and Keno, the boys are all yours! <3

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
12-28-2018, 03:49 PM
Desota's all yours, Nyx! -flings him at acceptance-

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Elyscia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
01-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Name: Kajika
Alignment: Neutral Good
Design: Design #3
Description: Kajika is a small light framed male that was brought on by the generations of selective breeding. He is slightly smaller than the average songa standing at 23" inches and weighing in at 65 lbs. His eyes bolster a bright green shine that strikes fear in the hearts of small prey. He is shaded in a dark coloration as most songa are with his undersides coated a dark grey and his hind legs as well. There is an evident brown dapple that spreads across almost the entirety of his body providing great camouflage in in the trees for the tiny ninja. He is a very desirable male for songa females genetics wise.

Personality: Kajika would never leave anyone he cares for behind. When he found out Balsam was heading out into Boreas he followed suit since he didn't want to abandon his childhood friend in an unknown land of mystery.

He is an adventurous soul at heart. As a young pup Kajika was the first pup out of the den bright and bushy tailed ready for whatever the world threw at him he would take it in stride. This attitude led him to wondering what was beyond Auster. He had yet to go and find adventure and glory as he wanted to stay close to his family but with them gone now and the Boreas group, it was to good of an opportunity to pass up

Ika will wait before approaching strangers often observing them from the trees for several days or weeks before deciding to confront them with words or fangs. He has trained himself to not feel emotion during battle for striking making him a lethal warrior in times of war.
He refuses to let his emotions get to him in stressful situations well most of the time... he still is a young wolf after all.

Relationship to Balsam: Kajika is a childhood friend of Balsam. He has decided to follow him into Boreas seeking adventure and to try and talk sense into Balsam since he dislikes Velvette thinking that she is just stuck up and rude but he would never admit it to him.

History: Kajika as born to a common family in the songa His family perished in a raid a few months after he was born. Ika was never really close to any of the other songa except Balsam and a few others(Peeps in Balsam's group)

Plans: No real plans honestly besides following balsam

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
01-05-2019, 11:37 PM
Looks good, Peacock! Kajika is accepted!

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Visitor

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-24-2019, 07:03 AM
This is Lea!

Name: Antoinette Salah
Alignment: True Neutral
Design: one, two
Description: Much like her family, Antoinette's most notable feature is her build – standing at a diminutive 23 inches tall, the lass's miniature, compact frame is apparent at first glance. A light tan coat does its best to hide the lithe muscles that encase the young woman’s body, clothing the wolf in sleek fur. The tan colouration is not a perfect canvas - a much darker shade of the same colour forms stockings on the legs and creeps up the face from the muzzle.

Perhaps somewhat surprisingly, given her training and life thus far, the small body is remarkably clear of scars. Tumbles taken from treetops as a youngster should probably have left their mark, but have somehow managed not to, thus far. Mid-blue eyes only add to the tree-top camouflage – doing an impressive job of mimicking the blue of a clear sky glimpsed between branches or leaves. She moves near-silently on soft paws, and can often only be heard coming if she intends to be. Her movements are fluid and confident – the result of complete comfort in one’s own skin. She wears a bangle around the base of her tail, attached to which are two dark tails – taken from foes bested in raids back home. At first glance it gives the impression that she has three tails herself, though the glint of metal holding them there can be spotted after some inspection.

Personality: First and foremost, the Soundless training that the young woman has spent so much of her life engaging in has resulted in a seemingly limitless sense of patience and calm. The focus with which she concentrates seems disconcerting from an outside perspective, but now feels as natural to her as breathing. She is not perfect – of course there are still situations that can whip her up into a panic or truly anger her, but these instances are becoming fewer and farther between, as she ages.

Proud of her achievements and determined to continue to improve, Antoinette has an unfortunate habit of coming across as somewhat arrogant. She knows full well that within their culture she has proven well her self-worth, and is pleased by this. She worked hard to become one of the Soundless, and sees no reason to pretend that the achievement is not a significant one. Unfortunately, her derision for those who she sees as making no effort to better themselves can come across as superior and haughty.

Uninterested in marrying off to another wealthy Songa, Antoinette is fiercely independent. She’s fully aware of her own status, and unwilling to settle for an unsuitable match. She doesn’t resent the concept, precisely; she’d just much rather spend her time increasing her status under her own power, rather than marrying into it.

As self-sufficient as she may be, the woman nonetheless has a firm sense of loyalty and family. Protective of those of her kind that are younger than her, this sense is only stronger when it comes to those related by blood. She is wary of strangers and slow to trust them (particularly those of large stature), and will be damned if she’ll sit and watch the yearlings charge off into lands unknown alone. Touch her family and she’ll add your tail to her collection.

How are they related to Balsam?: Older sister
History:
Plans: A decorated Soundless warrior, she doesn’t entirely agree that Balsam and co.’s charging off without the go-ahead from the council is a good idea, but she also doesn’t feel comfortable letting them go alone. When their mother attempted to take off after them to drag the younger son home, Antoinette managed to convince her to hold fire temporarily; promising to go after them herself and make sure they didn’t get themselves killed. She was careful not to promise to bring him home, given that she doesn’t believe what Balsam is doing to be wrong, exactly. She’s followed the group silently at a distance thus far, but will reveal herself before too long.

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
04-25-2019, 01:35 PM
Antoinette looks great, Lea! She’s all yours!
Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Aramis

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Solveiga
05-05-2019, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2019, 09:20 AM by Aramis.)
~ Withdrawing my application, thanks anyway! ~